Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
720,021 - 720,040 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#776537 Oct 18, 2012
News Flash,

A Spokesperson for Oblamer,informed the Chicago
Tribune,there will be 10,000,000 Bottles of the
now famous Oblamer Kool Ade,Plus plentiful color
Brochures on how to Grieve!! lyrics to the song
chosen Kumbayah,will be available also....
carol

Orlando, FL

#776539 Oct 18, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really are stupid if that's what you think the issue is. It's when a male nurse makes more than a female nurse...same years of experience, same number of hours.
It's not that, cough, hard to understand.
It's been proven time and time again with every statistic out there that women in the same profession as men on average make 5 cents less. That's not enough to pass a bill that will prevent employers from hiring more women for fear of a lawsuit.

Do the research if you don't believe me. Or go back and look at the websites I posted - PolitiFact and law firms - who all say Obama misled the public about the Lily Ledbetter Act.

That seems to be Obama's solution for everything though, doesn't it? More people unemployed and frivolous lawsuits.
gerbilLNyerBUTT

Euless, TX

#776541 Oct 18, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS SOME KIND OF EXISTENTIAL QUESTION FO' YOU?
Enlighten us oh sodomite...

How's hitler and the Kennedy's...you guys giving each other b j's?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#776542 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Thanks.
Bare naked, bare knuckles, bears repeating...got it.
But you know how it is sometimes when you're in a hurry to make a point on here...as I've had to point out in some of your posts as well...and I know you appreciate it too.
You ignore the question regarding the number of false accusations, as usual, and I don't appreciate that a bit. Even with the numbers exonerated by DNA, doesn't really go to the concept of "false" accusations. Unfortunately, I believe that a preponderance of those eye witness convictions might have been from poor identification than deliberate falsehood. Cases like, "some black dude did it" combined with "they all look alike to me"?
dim

Boston, MA

#776546 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking!
The racist hillbilly azzhole has no link.
How many times have you been pushed down on the ground?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#776549 Oct 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
not all computer programming is equal, nor is all nursing....that's the problem with stupid legislation like the referenced act.....the marketplace defines equal work, not some bureaucrat or judge....
The job description defines equal work, not some brown nosing good ol' boy cronyism. Of course, that should make them just become better at covering their tracks, but some are just slow learners.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#776550 Oct 18, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>if that's the case then why are there squads out on patrol? your description makes it sound like all cops are detectives and csi techs that only solve crimes after the fact.
Traffic laws. You know those laws that you have to break before they can pull you over. Watch for crimes in progress. A law already being broken. Stationed in high crime areas. To be able to respond quickly once a crime is under way. If no law is being broke there is nothing for the beat cop to do. A crime must be committed first.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776551 Oct 18, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Lilly Ledbetter Act focuses on equal pay for equal work Carol.
Are you saying that programming computers and nursing are equal forms of work???
That was the whole point behind Obama's deception and misleading the people about the facts.

Women DON'T make less than men in the SAME professions. Obama left out this important distinction intentionally.

That Act only makes it easier for women to sue their employers and gives employers more reason not to hire more women because of it.

I really did think you were smarter than this.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#776553 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mr.Exxon, glad to see you are doing so well. Please return that subsidy since you don't need it. Thank you.
Gas has always been subsidized in the United States-it allows even the poor people to move around freely. So O'bama is now campaigning to raise gas prices even more? It will bankrupt this country.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#776554 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been proven time and time again with every statistic out there that women in the same profession as men on average make 5 cents less. That's not enough to pass a bill that will prevent employers from hiring more women for fear of a lawsuit.
Do the research if you don't believe me. Or go back and look at the websites I posted - PolitiFact and law firms - who all say Obama misled the public about the Lily Ledbetter Act.
That seems to be Obama's solution for everything though, doesn't it? More people unemployed and frivolous lawsuits.
Liar__and just yesterday you posted what Jesus had to say about liars.

You are without shame.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#776555 Oct 18, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How about all the police who while away hours ensnaring sex offenders on line or those who operate radar or visual speed and seat belt traps. How about the DUI roadblocks or those who simply sit outside popular nightspots or billiard lounges and just wait for easy pickins around closing time. How about the marine patrol who call boaters out for no reason whatsoever and conduct searches under the guise of safety inspections. I could fill up three pages of topix with cops behaving proactively as opposed to reactively Flacko and barely scratch the surface.
No crime. No time.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776556 Oct 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan ya ditz!
He withdrew his endorsement, you on the other hand are thrilled that this jackass made the statement and gone above and beyond trying to justify. You've spun it in so many directions and taken sh!t out of context and made false acussations about Phil and I.
Good lord woman get your head out of your behind, here was the story, if you have an issue with it take it up with Paul Ryan, bitch at him for withdrawing his endorsement, question him, make all these false accusations towards him.-
Paul Ryan withdraws endorsement after controversial rape statement
VICTORIA CAVALIERE
Thursday, October 11, 2012
A Wisconsin lawmaker lost the endorsement of Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan on Thursday after he claimed that “some girls, they rape so easy.”
Freshman Rep. Roger Rivard told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his comments, first made back in December to Chetek Alert newspaper, had been taken out of context.
The newspaper quoted him as saying his father warned him "some girls rape easy,” meaning girls could decide they regretted a sexual encounter and call it rape.
Seeking to clarify the remarks on Wednesday, Rivard again repeated them.
"He (my father) also told me one thing,`If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,'" Rivard told the Journal Sentinel. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say,‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said,`Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said,‘they rape so easy.'"
Hours later, Rivard’s camp issued a clarification to the clarification, calling rape a “horrible act of violence.”
But the backlash was quick and severe. Rivard, who is locked in a tight race with Democratic opponent Stephen Smith, lost the support of key Republican figures, including Paul Ryan.
“State Representative Rivard's comments are outrageous and offensive," Ryan's congressional campaign spokesman Kevin Siefert said Thursday. "There is no place in our discourse for rhetoric such as this,” the statement adds.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-10-11/ne...
The jackass who made the comment now even deplores his own comments -
Hours later, Rivard’s camp issued a clarification to the clarification, calling rape a “horrible act of violence.”
I'm begging you to turn of the 'no spin' zone, it's making you dizzy!
Okay, Ryan was wrong to do that.

I agree with you. But in this volatile environment, any misstep in one's choice of words or omittance of an important word can be miscontrued and become politically lethal.

Are we good now? Let's talk about your scooter again.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776557 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry carol this is the no spin room
Save that propaganda for Billo
Do the research. I did yesterday and posted it. But you'll have to do your own homework from now on.

Look up women earn the same as men in the same professions. That will give you a good start.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#776559 Oct 18, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The job description defines equal work, not some brown nosing good ol' boy cronyism. Of course, that should make them just become better at covering their tracks, but some are just slow learners.
anyone who feels that they are being paid less than fair value should apply for another job and find out whether they are correct....

in our company, employees generally do not know each others' salaries....and recognize that a new employee may earn more if necessary to recruit them from another company....

that's just life....
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776560 Oct 18, 2012
dunno about you but I was shocked to find out how many republican scout masters there were...

http://news.yahoo.com/perversion-files-show-l...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#776562 Oct 18, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No crime. No time.
That's real weak pal, real weak___like piss on a plate week.

So you agree that plenty of police spend plenty of time working proactively___that means out there searching for crimes as opposed to "responding" to crimes. Your first posts on the subject where then what? Bullshyte?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#776564 Oct 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hussein Obama turned the tide in President Romney's favor....and then Plugs Biden turned the tide into a flood....
stick a fork in Hussein Obama....
RCP now has President Romney leading 47.7% to 46.7%....
and leading 206 to 201 in the Electoral College....
North Carolina moves to President Romney.....
landslide approaching....
This thread is gonna get fun man.
After the election a lot of old names will be gone and new ones will appear.
They will all be Obama supporters.
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776565 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the research. I did yesterday and posted it. But you'll have to do your own homework from now on.
Look up women earn the same as men in the same professions. That will give you a good start.
so you're ok with women earning less than men as long as it's not by the ratio the president mentioned?

For computer programmers, for instance, women earn 95 cents for every dollar a man earns. For cashiers it’s 92 cents. For cooks and customer service representatives, it’s 95 cents. Other occupations have more unequal ratios. Women who are personal financial advisers, for instance, earn just 58 cents of what men in that job earn.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#776566 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And now that red light cameras are going up everywhere, the cameras snap the photo, you get ticket in mail. Who needs cops anymore? They'll probably make cars that can't go over the speed limit and not start if the person is drunk. Fire the cops.
"silly"
They all ready have devices that prevent one who is over the limit from starting his/her vehicle.
Peace
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776567 Oct 18, 2012
Nothing in our analysis suggests that gender discrimination doesn’t exist. In fact, the experts we consulted agreed that no matter how much you adjust the models to equalize for outside factors, a difference in pay between men and women remains, and it’s one that can’t be explained away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 8 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min 40ish 4,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Frijoles 68,998
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min danetoo 68,381
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr Retired SOF 45
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••