Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#776481 Oct 18, 2012
Why is Obama losing?
gerbilLNyerBUTT

Euless, TX

#776482 Oct 18, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "bear" not "bare" repeating, and it doesn't...what might be noteworthy in an eighteen-year-old study would be the number of false accusers, not the commonality of their motives.
Can you help me spell gerbilnyo b u t t?

Its important to that debil wacko...he be needn help!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#776484 Oct 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
another leftwing homophobe....
Hussein Obama supporters, the Chicago bathhouse boy, are the last ones who should be making references to the homosexual tendencies of their leaders.....
I called Romney a chickenshit chickenhawk--no homophobic reference there. I notice with the "bathhouse boy" you managed to double down homophobia and racism--not a pretty sight...
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776485 Oct 18, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> two different things there Dave. The police gather evidence, make arrests and hold the suspects for trial. They do not prevent most crime. That is one of the reasons we have the second amendment. Ask any policeperson. They will tell you.
if that's the case then why are there squads out on patrol? your description makes it sound like all cops are detectives and csi techs that only solve crimes after the fact.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#776487 Oct 18, 2012
This from Exxon after the first presidential debate:

October 4, 2012
To hear President Barack Obama in last night’s first presidential debate, you would think he was running against ExxonMobil this November given his tendency to single us out for criticism.
In a discussion of ways to address the federal deficit, the president repeated incorrect claims that ExxonMobil receives what he termed “corporate welfare.”
Because we’ve been pulled into this debate, I feel like asking the moderator to let me respond with several points.
The first is that ExxonMobil receives no special treatment in the U.S. tax code.
What the president often calls subsidies for “Big Oil” are legitimate tax provisions that apply to virtually all American manufacturers and producers. In fact, companies like ExxonMobil actually are specifically disadvantaged: The oil and gas industry deduction under section 199 of the tax code, for instance, is lower than the deduction allowed for nearly all other U.S. manufacturers.
The president has said he wants to remove these provisions for the oil and gas industry entirely – a punitive proposal that would do nothing except raise the cost of producing the energy that America needs to support economic recovery.

2011 Exxon earnings in the US 9.6 billion dollars
2011 Exxon taxes to US government 12.3 billion dollars

Keep in mind, too, that ExxonMobil’s U.S. tax expense amounts to more than $1 billion per month. In 2011, our total U.S. taxes of $12.3 billion exceeded our U.S. earnings by almost $3 billion, and our effective income tax rate in the U.S. was 31.4 percent – far higher than many critics have claimed. We are a large corporation with a disciplined business approach that has generated substantial earnings for our shareholders as well as energy for millions of U.S. consumers. Our earnings may be large – but so are our taxes.
Finally, there’s one more thing we do with the money we earn: We re-invest it. ExxonMobil plans to spend close to $37 billion for each of the next five years on forward-looking projects to develop the energy supplies the world will need in the decades to come.
Much of that money will be spent right here in the United States, which is why the Progressive Policy Institute recently hailed ExxonMobil as an “Investment Hero“ for our substantial U.S. capital investments.
Misleading attacks on oil companies like ExxonMobil have become a staple of some candidates during election time. And while such an approach may produce sound bites for the evening news, they do nothing to provide voters with the fundamental facts about the U.S. energy industry or the many ways we contribute to our nation’s economic growth, public treasury and international competitiveness. Thank you
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776488 Oct 18, 2012
gerbilLNyerBUTT wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks to your lips my micronuts are clean!
you said it

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#776489 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And now that red light cameras are going up everywhere, the cameras snap the photo, you get ticket in mail. Who needs cops anymore? They'll probably make cars that can't go over the speed limit and not start if the person is drunk. Fire the cops.
That's about 5 years away. Both. Actually there will be speed strips like NASCAR uses to determine position. There will be transponders with license information on the car. I believe it was Texas that passed a law stating all new cars sold after , forget the year, must have the sensors in the car. If I get a chance I will look it up.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#776491 Oct 18, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> two different things there Dave. The police gather evidence, make arrests and hold the suspects for trial. They do not prevent most crime. That is one of the reasons we have the second amendment. Ask any policeperson. They will tell you.
How about all the police who while away hours ensnaring sex offenders on line or those who operate radar or visual speed and seat belt traps. How about the DUI roadblocks or those who simply sit outside popular nightspots or billiard lounges and just wait for easy pickins around closing time. How about the marine patrol who call boaters out for no reason whatsoever and conduct searches under the guise of safety inspections. I could fill up three pages of topix with cops behaving proactively as opposed to reactively Flacko and barely scratch the surface.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776492 Oct 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100 percent.
Our biggest problem is we have so many people that actually realize this, but pretend to not know.
Almost every Obamabot poster herre falls into that category.
On here maybe but not necessarily in the real world. Even in an MSNBC focus group, half the audience acknowledged they were switching over to Romney after the second debate. They represent a whole lot of other people.

And the last debate is on foreign policy.
gerbilLNyerBUTT

Euless, TX

#776493 Oct 18, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UH-HUH, MAYBE SO. WHAT DOOM YOU EFFORTS TO FAILURE, HOWEVER, IS YOU PENCHANT FO' THE WORD,'SAMBO.' DEBIL PERPLEXED THAT YOU NOT ABLE TO SEE THIS WITHOUT HIS EXPENSIVE HELP? DEBIL SAY, "EXPENSIVE" CAUSE YOU GONNA PAY DEARLY FO' YOU LACK OF HUMILITY AN'u UNDERSTANDIN' OF THE HUMAN CONDITION.
What makes your stupid a$ d an expert on the human condition?
You need to get your head out from Obamas sphincter first...it must stink....

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#776494 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who is a nurse is going to make less than a male who is a computer programmer.
It's not that, cough, hard to understand.
Obama made a huge mistake by not clarifying this. Fortunately, enough lawyers did. Look it up if you even care enough about the truth.
Invalid analogy, dumb carol...a male nurse usually does make more than a female nurse; programmers tend to be treated more equally.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#776499 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
MY comments???
These comments were written by a Boston criminal lawyer on the website I posted.
And he cited two separate studies conducted on the subject: The Journal Archives of Sexual Behavior,(Vol. 23, No. 1, 1994) and the Journal Forensic Science Digest,(Vol. 11. No. 4, December 1985).
It's just you liberals get so tripped up with context - and reality.
No one EVER said rape was ANYTHING but a violent act.
But false accusations DO happen. I hate having to be the one to break it to you.
So forced fk is OK in Carol's world?

You get dumber by the day lady__this thread has destroyed your soul and mind just as I said it would back around post 25,000 when your needy self wandered over here.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#776500 Oct 18, 2012
gerbilLNyerBUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you help me spell gerbilnyo b u t t?
Its important to that debil wacko...he be needn help!
Baaawwwaaahhhh!!!!!

Applause!
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#776501 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who is a nurse is going to make less than a male who is a computer programmer.
Obama made a huge mistake by not clarifying this. Fortunately, enough lawyers did. Look it up if you even care enough about the truth.
Wow, you really are stupid if that's what you think the issue is. It's when a male nurse makes more than a female nurse...same years of experience, same number of hours.

Jimmy

Newington, CT

#776504 Oct 18, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Invalid analogy, dumb carol...a male nurse usually does make more than a female nurse; programmers tend to be treated more equally.
Wrong. You are an idiot.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776505 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting the newcomers get a chance to laugh at you.
The only people who laugh in the face of indisputable facts and prestigious studies are the easily fooled.

I'm used to that.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#776506 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
On here maybe but not necessarily in the real world. Even in an MSNBC focus group, half the audience acknowledged they were switching over to Romney after the second debate. They represent a whole lot of other people.
And the last debate is on foreign policy.
I wish they would use a backdrop of our embassies burning and the Al Qaeda flag flying over four (not just one) of our embassies.
I hope Obama says something stupid like "Al Qaeda is on the ropes."
Well, that's one phrase he has to drop.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#776507 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
Flack only exaggerated a 100 million or so.
The way he was acting I thought it was complete tea bag lie.
What do you use to clip the hair growing out of your ears?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#776508 Oct 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
This from Exxon after the first presidential debate:
October 4, 2012
To hear President Barack Obama in last night’s first presidential debate, you would think he was running against ExxonMobil this November given his tendency to single us out for criticism.
In a discussion of ways to address the federal deficit, the president repeated incorrect claims that ExxonMobil receives what he termed “corporate welfare.”
Because we’ve been pulled into this debate, I feel like asking the moderator to let me respond with several points.
The first is that ExxonMobil receives no special treatment in the U.S. tax code.
What the president often calls subsidies for “Big Oil” are legitimate tax provisions that apply to virtually all American manufacturers and producers. In fact, companies like ExxonMobil actually are specifically disadvantaged: The oil and gas industry deduction under section 199 of the tax code, for instance, is lower than the deduction allowed for nearly all other U.S. manufacturers.
The president has said he wants to remove these provisions for the oil and gas industry entirely – a punitive proposal that would do nothing except raise the cost of producing the energy that America needs to support economic recovery.
2011 Exxon earnings in the US 9.6 billion dollars
2011 Exxon taxes to US government 12.3 billion dollars
Keep in mind, too, that ExxonMobil’s U.S. tax expense amounts to more than $1 billion per month. In 2011, our total U.S. taxes of $12.3 billion exceeded our U.S. earnings by almost $3 billion, and our effective income tax rate in the U.S. was 31.4 percent – far higher than many critics have claimed. We are a large corporation with a disciplined business approach that has generated substantial earnings for our shareholders as well as energy for millions of U.S. consumers. Our earnings may be large – but so are our taxes.
Finally, there’s one more thing we do with the money we earn: We re-invest it. ExxonMobil plans to spend close to $37 billion for each of the next five years on forward-looking projects to develop the energy supplies the world will need in the decades to come.
Much of that money will be spent right here in the United States, which is why the Progressive Policy Institute recently hailed ExxonMobil as an “Investment Hero“ for our substantial U.S. capital investments.
Misleading attacks on oil companies like ExxonMobil have become a staple of some candidates during election time. And while such an approach may produce sound bites for the evening news, they do nothing to provide voters with the fundamental facts about the U.S. energy industry or the many ways we contribute to our nation’s economic growth, public treasury and international competitiveness. Thank you
Dear Mr.Exxon, glad to see you are doing so well. Please return that subsidy since you don't need it. Thank you.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#776509 Oct 18, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are trend setters in this area.
Here we go with the finger pointing. Republicans can't take responsibility for anything they do can they?

Both sides do it... it happens with Politics in general.

Disagree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 182,117
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,334
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 3 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 5 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 6 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago