Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
719,841 - 719,860 of 1,079,080 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Come on Republicans, according to Carol you all should revel in this statement - "some girls rape so easy?"
Maybe slap it on a bumper sticker.
I think that only applies to OWS girls.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Link?
Hard to give you a link to a radio news program. CBS RADIO NEWS

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting:
The wave of organized Walmart strikes that hit 12 states last week has now inspired more of the company's employees to take up the cause.
On Sunday evening, a band of renegade Walmart employees in Sapulpa, Okla., left work to protest without the aid of national labor groups. Stirred by what they saw on the news, Jeffrey Landry, David Gibbs and Nathan Beck stood outside in the vast parking lot of their Supercenter with homemade signs, beckoning cars to honk.
They're trying to prove they're in charge by silencing me," said Landry, a father of three who earns $8.65 an hour and has worked at Walmart for two and a half years.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/walm...
From your own article: A total of 88 people remains a drop of water in an ocean of workers for Walmart, which is the largest private employer in America with 1.4 million employees. Walmart has claimed that the strikers do not represent the average worker, or "associate." The company cites improved employee satisfaction scores over the past several years and a turnover rate of 37.26 percent -- lower than the retail industry's average of 43.6 percent -- as clear indications of its employee experience.
What other type of work is Mr. Landry qualified for? do you know?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahaha...no that's some funny sht.
Chris Matthews Freaks Out, Obama should watch MSNBC!

So what was Chris Matthews advice to Obama after watching him, in his own words, lose the debate?“Watch more MSNBC!” He goes on to essentially admit that MSNBC has their “knives out” for Mitt Romney. You can’t make this stuff up!

http://iroots.org/2012/10/04/chris-matthews-f...

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've bought into the Obama campaign's scare tactics.
Homer is just reviewing Romney Ryan past positions on these issues.

Are you denying these?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah__perfect.
Carol has no analytical skills to speak of so her comparisons are juvenile, cough, at best.
Equal pay for equal work is not that difficult to understand is it?
I just don't understand why women could vote for Mitt. If he gets elected and appoints two justices to the SC, women are totally screwed in this country.
You know that Rick Scott wants to get rid of those 3 judges on the FL SC? We may as well have a dictatorship then.
THE DEBIL

Prague, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, sorry. Whenever I type Republicans read: rightwingers
I recognize there are many decent Republicans out there. Some willing to compromise for the common good.
UH-HUH. HERE, TAKE MY FIELD GLASSES AND RANGEFINDER AND YOU CALL 'EM OUT AN' DEBIL'LL SHOOT 'EM FO' YOU.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
860 million over ten years. I think they need to look at this & dump dining cars for vending or less labor intensive means.
BTW, the government does not own all the preferred stock of our healthcare system & run all the hospitals & hire all the doctors. Evidently, you seem to think so.
No not yet but they are working on it. What do you think single payer will do?
noone

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.— Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

the most important part of this is "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." read this carefully and think of are longstanding government and all that they have done over the years and then ask yourself if this is what this document meant and should we protect are freedoms from this government that has had many mistakes and attacks on us as American citizens remember is is or right or duty to throw off such a government and provide a new one to protect are rights
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that on the radio the other day. There is a very simple fix to that kind of loss...get rid of the snack bar!
businessman vs politician.
Amtrak, like the Postal Service, is a money pit.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh my word, what lyrics!! I'm going to play those for my daughters! They'll freak out for sure!
Glad you disapprove — but wait, there’s more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obamasharpton

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why am I sick? It's the Republican candidates who come up with a new rape story every day; what do you attribute that to?
Rape is not sex, it is control and hatred of women. Have any Democratic candidates made rape comments? No. It's a republican thing so own it.
Tom Smith, GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'
Todd Akin told a TV interviewer Sunday that women’s bodies are almost always able to prevent pregnancy in cases of “legitimate rape.”
Friess: This contraceptive thing, my gosh it’s such inexpensive, back in my days we used Bayer aspirin for contraception, the gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.
GOP lawmakers seek to legally redefine rape as “forcible rape” so fewer women will qualify as victims
Another GOP lawmaker (surprise, surprise) worries that women will claim rape just to get abortions
Pundits and lawmakers: Forced ultrasounds are OK because women already consented to be penetrated when they got pregnant.
When women sign up for the military to hang out with aggressive dudes, they are asking to be raped
Santorum and Huckabee are all about rape victims taking one for team “Life.” Let’s not forget our Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, respectively, think rape victims should “make the best” of it and see the unwanted child as a gift and sometimes cool people are conceived in rape.
You're sick alright.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

"We need not accept an unemployment rate of five percent or more, such as we have had for 60 out of the last 61 months. There is no need for us to be satisfied with a rate of growth that keeps good men out of work and good capacity out of use." - JFK

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

"Secret Service 'Aware' of Threats Against Romney"

Has anyone heard from Leosanus recently?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Mitt find it necessary to mention the two popular PBS figures by name then?
The rabid right has always had a hardon for NPR but the whole PBS TV thing has always puzzled me__the TV side provides useful programming for a wide variety of viewers. Granted that cable has picked up much of that slack but cable is beyond the financial reach of many and remains unavailable in some remote areas.
I saw some interesting figures a while back that shined a light on federal subsidies to Spanish language broadcasters__I'm not hearing any fussing about that.
It's too highbrow for them I suppose. I like Charlie Rose interviews, Tavis Smiley and Frontline, lots of good stuff. If he gets elected and cuts it, I'm sure that they'll get the funding to stay alive, it just seems petty and unnecessary in the scheme of things. Sick and spiteful.

Did you see Ted Turner this morning? Devoting his life to philanthropy, helping women through the UN. It was heartening.
Obamasharpton

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh my word, what lyrics!! I'm going to play those for my daughters! They'll freak out for sure!
They're already freaked out witnessing your filthy mouth on the forum.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I just don't understand why women could vote for Mitt. If he gets elected and appoints two justices to the SC, women are totally screwed in this country.
You know that Rick Scott wants to get rid of those 3 judges on the FL SC? We may as well have a dictatorship then.
Are you implying we do not have a dictaster in the whitehouse now ??

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's 'War on Women' Hypocrisy: Female White House Employees Paid 18% Less Than Men
http://www.policymic.com/articles/6859/presid...
Gunner, you are one dumbf*ck. My God, we actually hired law enforcement people this f*cking stupid?

Equal Pay for equal work does NOT NOT NOT mean that the average pay for men must equal the average pay for women.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No not yet but they are working on it. What do you think single payer will do?
Cover everyone, eliminate insurance companies, reduce costs,improve the health of Americans.

You'd hate the idea.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

The JFK Speech Every Democrat Should Listen To

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/36749162...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Terry rigsby 48,868
Amy 7-24 53 min RACE 2
Abby 7-24 1 hr RACE 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,899
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,368
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,516
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000