Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
CunningLinguist

Summerfield, FL

#776292 Oct 18, 2012
Romney has pulled even with President Obama, and the former Massachusetts governor credits his rejuvenated campaign to one, singular tactic: lying a lot.

“I’m lying a lot more, and my lies are far more egregious than they’ve ever been,” a smiling Romney told reporters while sitting in the back of his campaign bus, adding that when faced with a choice to either lie or tell the truth, he will more than likely lie.“It’s a strategy that works because when I lie, I’m essentially telling people what they want to hear, and people really like hearing things they want to hear. Even if they sort of know that nothing I’m saying is true.”

“It’s a freeing strategy, really, because I don’t have to worry about facts or being accurate or having any concrete positions of any kind,” Romney added.

Romney said he is telling at least 80 percent more lies now than he was two months ago. Buoyed by his strong debate performance, which by his own admission included 40 or 50 instances of lying in one 90-minute period, the candidate said he will continue to “just openly lie [his] ass off” until the Nov. 6 election.

Whether it’s a senior citizen, military family, working mother, businessman, or middle-class American, Romney said, he will lie to every single one of them as often as he can if that’s what it takes to win the presidency.

;-)
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#776293 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner, you are one dumbf*ck. My God, we actually hired law enforcement people this f*cking stupid?
Equal Pay for equal work does NOT NOT NOT mean that the average pay for men must equal the average pay for women.
Call me dumb, then post words I never wrote?

Desperate times, eh "dumbfuck" Davey?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#776294 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Amtrak, like the Postal Service, is a money pit.
Agreed. So what do the politicians in California do about it? They double down with "high speed" rail.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#776295 Oct 18, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what they will dress up as next.......
Disposable Diapers would be OK with me.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#776296 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner, you are one dumbf*ck. My God, we actually hired law enforcement people this f*cking stupid?
Equal Pay for equal work does NOT NOT NOT mean that the average pay for men must equal the average pay for women.
Speaking of dumbfucks, you figure out how more law enforcement personnel would prevent violent crimes yet?
LOL
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776298 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Polls are for azzholes, according to you.
Wanna rethink your position, ma'am
first polls don't matter, then polls do matter, then they don't, then they do...gunner's just like romney...except for the rich and successful part

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#776299 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that blacks will feel more empowered if Mitt is elected? I'll be they loved him when he went to this neighborhood for a photo op:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pwLMUkkyXPoXX
The ONLY people that should feel empowered are the people who support themselves. Anyone taking any assistance from the government, i.e. everyone else in the country, should not have any reason to feel any empowerment.
If you want to be empowered, empower yourself. Get a job. Join the rest of the country working for a living. If you can't find a job, there are 30 million illegal aliens here. Empower yourself by taking one of those jobs.
A gravy train rider on the government dole shouldn't feel any empowerment whatsoever.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#776301 Oct 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
"Secret Service 'Aware' of Threats Against Romney"
Has anyone heard from Leosanus recently?
Proof that they read topix eh? It's the only place I've heard about threats against Mitt.

Let me know when threats against Mitt catch up with threats against Da Bammy!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#776302 Oct 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney/Ryan = perverts
"Romney and Ryan View a Woman's Body as Public Property "
Romney admits he has a Joy Book of women he drools over. Romney believes he will has endless sex when he becomes GOD.
Paul Some Girls Rape Easy Ryan thinks that rape doesn't really exist and that women just lie. Says he doesn't believe in any kind of contraception and yet doesn't have dozens of kids.
No sex yet again this year Paul?
I do believe you enjoy being a sex stain on America's social fabric.
But your shock value is long gone, little kid.
Time for something new, fresh.

Take your teeth out and do your Barney Frank imitation:>
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776303 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of dumbfucks, you figure out how more law enforcement personnel would prevent violent crimes yet?
LOL
well, not law enforcement personnel of your caliber
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776306 Oct 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Disposable Diapers would be OK with me.
the joke writes itself
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#776307 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's horrible, Were the rapists prosecuted?
I agree with Carol that there are the possibilities of cases that are not rape but an act of revenge. It does happen, sad to say, because then this makes it bad for the real rape victims.
Rape is a hard thing to prosecute, it's usually a he said, she said scenario, with no witnesses. Unless there is evidence of brute violence and dna, it can be tough to prove, especially if it is a date rape situation.
Yes, for my sister, he went to prison, 30 year sentence. It was a violent rape. For my friend, no - she went to her parents who didn't believe her, but also told her that it must have been something that she did. She was raped numerous times before she had the physical strength to stand up for herself and to this day, she still sees him sometimes at family functions.

I do know that there are those that falsely accuse men, but each case has to be looked at with merit.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#776309 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as we realized he couldn't travel anywhere without a teleprompter attached to his hip in the first months after he was elected, we figured out he was just the front man.
As soon as he turned over the scripting of a massive piece of social legislation to (none other) than Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and then went off to play golf or go on another vacation, we realized we were in big trouble.
We had elected a man with absolutely no leadership abilities.
I agree 100 percent.
Our biggest problem is we have so many people that actually realize this, but pretend to not know.
Almost every Obamabot poster herre falls into that category.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#776310 Oct 18, 2012
TEAM SAMBO AND QUIMBO, REAL DAVE, DEM ,LILY F B,LEosnANA
Unqualified

Cascade, ID

#776311 Oct 18, 2012
United States Constitution
Article II - The Executive Branch
Section 1 - The President
"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
Although the United States Constitution does not define Natural Born Citizen, the framers understood the definition given by Emmerich de Vattel in his book entitled The Law of Nations. Vattel's definition, from Book I, Chapter 19 of the English translation of 1797 as follows:
"The citizens are the members of the civil society: bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights..."
The French original of 1757 reads as:
"Les naturels, ou indigenes, sont ceux qui sont nes dans le pays de parents citoyens,."
Over the history of the United States, findings in four cases with the Supreme Court Of The United States (SCOTUS) have affirmed this definition of Natural Born Citizen. The four United States Supreme Court cases are:
1. The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814).
2. Shank v. Dupont, 28 U.S. 3 Pet. 242 242 (1830)
3. Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1875)
4. United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)
The Constitution of the United States and the findings of SCOTUS in these cases can be found on-line at the following web pages:
The United States Constitution:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/12...
Shank v. Dupont, 28 U.S. 3 Pet 242 242
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/28...
Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/88...
United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/16...
The SCOTUS findings in the Venus case clearly quote Vattel when it wrote "The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights."
In Shank v. Dupont, Vattell is paraphrased when the courts stated "for children born in a country, continuing while under age in the family of the father, partake of his national character as a citizen of that country".
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776312 Oct 18, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
Romney has pulled even with President Obama, and the former Massachusetts governor credits his rejuvenated campaign to one, singular tactic: lying a lot.
“I’m lying a lot more, and my lies are far more egregious than they’ve ever been,” a smiling Romney told reporters while sitting in the back of his campaign bus, adding that when faced with a choice to either lie or tell the truth, he will more than likely lie.“It’s a strategy that works because when I lie, I’m essentially telling people what they want to hear, and people really like hearing things they want to hear. Even if they sort of know that nothing I’m saying is true.”
“It’s a freeing strategy, really, because I don’t have to worry about facts or being accurate or having any concrete positions of any kind,” Romney added.
Romney said he is telling at least 80 percent more lies now than he was two months ago. Buoyed by his strong debate performance, which by his own admission included 40 or 50 instances of lying in one 90-minute period, the candidate said he will continue to “just openly lie [his] ass off” until the Nov. 6 election.
Whether it’s a senior citizen, military family, working mother, businessman, or middle-class American, Romney said, he will lie to every single one of them as often as he can if that’s what it takes to win the presidency.
;-)
And yet they believe him! Or, they just don't care.

By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, October 18, 1:05 PM

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s wife says her husband will not run again if this race doesn’t turn out the way they hope.

Hallelujer!
Unqualified

Cascade, ID

#776313 Oct 18, 2012
In Minor v. Happersett, the court again relied on Vattel when it said "The Constitution does not in words say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case, it is not necessary to solve these doubts. It is sufficient for everything we have now to consider that all children born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction are themselves citizens. The words "all children" are certainly as comprehensive, when used in this connection, as "all persons," and if females are included in the last, they must be in the first. That they are included in the last is not denied. In fact, the whole argument of the plaintiffs proceeds upon that idea."
In United States v. Wonk Kim Ark, the court cited Minor v. Happersett and then went on to say "There is no common law of the United States, in the sense of a national customary law, distinct from the common law of England as adopted by the several States each for itself, applied as its local law, and subject to such alteration as may be provided by its own statutes.... There is, however, one clear exception to the statement that there is no national common law. The interpretation of the Constitution of the United States is necessarily influenced by the fact that its provisions are framed in the language of the English common law, and are to be read in the light of its history."
Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution, regarding the President of the United States, also states:
"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Further, the United States Constitution, Article VI, Section III, states:
"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution;".
Any argument to the above facts must indicate an affirmative answer to one of the following:
1. Was the Constitution of the United States of America amended to remove the requirement that the President of the United States be a Natural Born Citizen?
2. Has the Supreme Court of the United States of America ever cited a definition of Natural Born Citizen that did not affirm Emmerich de Vattel's definition in the book 'The Law of Nations'?
If neither of these two questions can be answered in the affirmative then there is no argument to present.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#776315 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't.
You are citing the average pay between all men & all women as groups.
You are a liar.
Maybe Obama needs to use a binder.))))))
Unqualified

Cascade, ID

#776316 Oct 18, 2012
All of the above statements are verifiable as indisputable facts, and with these indisputable facts in mind, one must conclude that:
1. Barack Obama is not constitutionally qualified to hold the office of the President of the United States of America because he is not a natural born citizen due to his father having never been a citizen of the United States of America.
2. Barack Obama is in violation of the oath that he swore, when usurping the office of the President of the United States, when he swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States.
3. Nancy Pelosi violated her oath of office when she certified Barack Obama, on behalf of the DNC, as a constitutionally qualified candidate for the Office of the President of the United States of America. It matters not that this action was not carried out as a government function, only that that action took place in both violation of DNC rules and her oath of office.
4. Persons who, aware of these indisputable facts, vote for Barack Obama are casting a vote to nullify the Constitution of the United States of America.
5. Any naturalized citizen, who was required to swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, who votes for Barack Obama is violating their oath of citizenship.
6. Citizens who are qualified to vote, but do not vote, are allowing the Constitution to be violated and share the blame for this crime against the Constitution of the United States.
7. Any member of the electoral college who casts a vote for Barack Obama is doing so in violation of the United States Constitution.
8, Any state that certifies Barack Obama as a legitimate candidate and lists Barack Obama as a candidate for the Office of the President of the United States is doing so in direct violation of the Constitution of the United States.
9. Elena Kagan should be forced to resign from the Supreme Court of the United States as her appointment came from a person who is not constitutionally qualified to hold the Office of the President of the United States.
10. Barack Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States, Elena Kagan, should be forced to resign from the court as her appointment was not made by a constitutionally qualified person holding the Office of the President of the United States.
11. Barack Obama's appointees as Federal Court Justices should be forced to resign from the court as her appointment was not made by a constitutionally qualified person holding the Office of the President of the United States.
12. Every law signed by Barack Obama should be overturned as they were not signed by a constitutionally qualified person holding the Office of the President of the United States.
13. Barack Obama's executive orders should be overturned as they were not made by a constitutionally qualified person holding the Office of the President of the United States.
14. Persons who vote for Barack Obama and make constitutional claims on any other issue are being hypocritical.
15. Persons who vote for Barack Obama are traitors to the United States of America and the United States Constitution.
If personal liberty and freedom are to be preserved, if the Constitution of the United States, the highest law of the land, is to have any relevance, Barack Obama must be removed from office.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#776317 Oct 18, 2012
ann throws in the towel for mittens...she's tired of him wasting all their money showing america what a jackass he is:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMerde 51,262
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min JOEL 71,100
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 1 hr Searcy 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jacques Ottawau 181,860
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 49,236
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr Silk 87
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 3 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]