Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#776157 Oct 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all a ruse, leosnana. It's meant to sound grandiose but accomplishes nothing and, in fact, does more to hurt women in the workplace because now employers have to fear frivolous lawsuits.
The only difference between pay gap is in one's chosen profession.
Women who choose professions such as nurses and teachers make less than, say, men who choose business professions. That's just the way the ball bounces.
Every statistic proves men also work longer workdays and workweeks than women.
Numerous law firm websites (some of which I posted) all say there is only a 5 cent difference in women's pay when men and women work the same professions. 5 cents isn't exactly earth shattering.
What’s the big deal with a little misogyny among friends?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#776158 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you were't born in the 50's?
Ward worked, June stayed home and did housework with a dress and heels on wearing an apron. She met Wally and Beaver at the door with baked cookies. Ward and June slept in twin beds!!!
I was born in the 50's and watched those shows, and that's the way it was then, my mother and most mothers stayed home, didn't drive etc. but it is not like that anymore and we're not going back.
You're last sentence about liberals insisting that you hate your neighbor is utter nonsense and a lie.
as you said there are reruns-I can watch them today. I don't want a re-run of the past 4 O'bama years.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776160 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
So, like gunner you're not sure of your position on whether Obama can or cannot speak without a TelePrompTer.
Correct spelling btw.
It's a brand.
That teleprompter story is old and lame and everyone uses them, Bush used it, too bad he couldn't read.

Mitt Romney Encouraged Business Owners To Advise Employees How To Vote,
Is this right? to tell employees that if you vote for the President, you'll be fired?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#776161 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
What? I have never heard that phrase in my life. What kind of father tells his son "some girls rape so easy?"
some types of controllable behavior clearly expose women to a higher likelihood of unwanted sexual attention....
noone

Ashland, KY

#776162 Oct 18, 2012
it don't matter what president is elected in till the true problem is taken care of take the time and read the declaration of independence i just posted and think about all the things or presidents and government has done you will see that most of what this nation was founded on has been taken away and they continue to do so because the people allow them to we need to stand up and stop the crimes the government is committing against the people they are not all powerful and as are rights as American people we can institute a new government and congress I.E. the people with power have been in the government from the beging slowly corrupting the entire family line congress government both must go and a new one with new people, not people related to are friends to the ones in now that is the first step to becoming the true United States of America
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776163 Oct 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That's crazy, he should get 90% of the union vote. Makes no sense, Republicans if they had their way would abolish unions completely.
Interesting and surprising
FreedomofKetchup

Somerset, KY

#776165 Oct 18, 2012
dim wrote:
<quoted text>
Another outright lie by a nutcase.
What an idiot. What a liar.
Off commieTICs and loons.

If ya can't think of anything REAL-make phat crayon chit up lol.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
REAL Experience

(Latest Gallup public opinion ripples of sloganizing rather than rationalizing poll sayz- ROMNEY UP by a good 4 percent) lol
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#776166 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad.
My right wing Facebook union pals can't even muster a response when I ask them.
Yeah, that I completely don't get.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#776167 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Romney brought up that he'd fire Big Bird and Jim Lehrer, that was the wealthy arrogant ceo, threatening and throwing his weight around. Romney said the word binders, women said that he did not request the names of women, he's a liar.
Lyin' lily's a liar; too bad Obama didn't lead a successful life, or he might be wealthier and able to throw some weight into actually achieving something worthwhile during his incompetent presidency of 4 years.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776168 Oct 18, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s the big deal with a little misogyny among friends?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dJvDNsBi1doXX
LOL! Is that a Mormon hymn?
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#776169 Oct 18, 2012
What I think about Romney's Healthcare plan:

Apparently having the government between you and your doctor is unacceptable, but having a profit-minded insurance adjuster in the same position is perfectly ok. Death panels, rescission, lifetime limits, dropping coverage for the flimsiest of reasons and arbitrary denial of claims are all apparently examples of freedom in action provided that there is an unnecessary middleman making money out of the deal.

The goal of hospitals and insurance companies in America is to make a profit for their investors. Practicing medicine and insuring people is simply how they go about making that profit. If you run your hospitals and health insurance companies under the same principles as a factory that makes Blu-Ray players, then inevitably you have to make cuts and sacrifices in order to keep profits up and healthy. Except what inevitably gets cut is insurance coverage and what gets sacrificed are the patients.

The ACA essentially forces insurance companies to stop engaging in their worse practices, and in order to make up for any profits that insurance companies might lose by not engaging in monstrous behavior, it makes everyone in the country buy insurance. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But since we have decided that healing people without somebody getting rich falls under the category of “blood-soaked, communist tyranny,” this is what we’re stuck with. If the Supreme Court is as clueless about health care as they are about campaign finance, then pretty soon we won’t even have that.

If the ACA goes down, I hope that the conservatives in America take a moment to think about what they are celebrating. It isn’t just about a defeat for Obama. It’s about going back to a health care system that has no business being in a country that so loudly declares itself to be Christian, or even in a country that claims to be civilized. But hey, freedom, freedom, and more freedom, right?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#776170 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
I thought you said you were't born in the 50's?
Ward worked, June stayed home and did housework with a dress and heels on wearing an apron. She met Wally and Beaver at the door with baked cookies. Ward and June slept in twin beds!!!
I was born in the 50's and watched those shows, and that's the way it was then, my mother and most mothers stayed home, didn't drive etc. but it is not like that anymore and we're not going back.
You're last sentence about liberals insisting that you hate your neighbor is utter nonsense and a lie.
the middle class values portrayed on shows like "Leave It To Beaver" were far superior to the crap presented on TV today....
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#776171 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
That teleprompter story is old and lame and everyone uses them, Bush used it, too bad he couldn't read.
Mitt Romney Encouraged Business Owners To Advise Employees How To Vote,
Is this right? to tell employees that if you vote for the President, you'll be fired?
Lyin' lily would prefer the USA to continue failing; her misery seeks company.
carol

Orlando, FL

#776172 Oct 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Please stop, you are making me sick to my stomach. Take it up with Paul Ryan, at least he had the decency to withdraw his endorsement.
"False Rape Charges: More Common Than People Think"

Why would anyone falsely accuse another person of rape? The most common answer usually reveals some element of revenge, for something done to the accuser that she (or he, believe it or not,) is angry or enraged over. A study conducted on this subject in the Journal Archives of Sexual Behavior,(Vol. 23, No. 1, 1994,) reported that false accusers were commonly motivated by a need for an alibi or a desire for revenge.

http://www.bostoncriminalattorneyblog.com/201...

Take a reality pill, Homer, and call me in the morning.
FreedomofKetchup

Somerset, KY

#776174 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Did you just argue against the pipeline?
Dayum Duh A Vey, do we have spell it syllable by syllable??

YES (yuh-eh-SSS) to KEYSTONE!!
Get the economy moving again! US energy independence!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Business Experience FOR America again-NOT against it!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776175 Oct 18, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you moved on from your earlier ridiculous comments about crime that you are ignorant of.
During the MSNBC debate pre-game show on Tuesday night, Chris Matthews brought his usual measured approach to the Romney-Ryan abortion platform:

There's a grand canyon of difference between Obama, who's very pro-choice, and, for example, the Republican ticket this year, which would give 14th amendment rights, whatever that means, life, liberty, and property rights, to a fetus that had just been - or rather, an egg that had just been fertilized, right after sex, if you will. And to have that notion that that would be a person under this personhood thing that Ryan's pushing, and under the 14th Amendment rights, the platform that Romney's running on. This is extremism!...It's almost like Sharia. You're saying to the country, we're going to operate under a religious theory, under a religious belief. We're going to run our country this way, to the point of making a woman's decision to have an abortion, her reproductive rights, as criminal, perhaps murderous.The quote went largely unnoticed until Wednesday night, when it became the top trending story on Fox News online.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#776177 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
What? I have never heard that phrase in my life. What kind of father tells his son "some girls rape so easy?"
What about advising his son not to try to rape underaged girls? To respect his and their bodies? The father is obviously a pig and has no regard for women. The Republican way
"silly"
You on occasion can be very sick. Very sick.
I am a conservative and your statement above that republicans/conservative men are pigs with no regard for women. The republican way, is absolute bullmanure and it is offensive to millions upon millions. You lump deviant behavior with political belief. That is absolute bullmanure. Political leaning is not a factor. Liberals and conservatives and middle of the roaders may be sexual abusers.
Peace

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#776178 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
How the f**k did Obama keep a straight face when saying this?
"I believe that the free enterprise system is the greatest engine of prosperity the world’s ever known.
I believe in self-reliance and individual initiative and risk takers being rewarded."
What a load of reelection-inspired bullshit.
He believes all of this.
He also believes it's his duty to redistribute the wealth of others, keep them working as slaves and share the fruits of their labor with the less industrious.

"Stuff's gettin better"
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#776180 Oct 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
some types of controllable behavior clearly expose women to a higher likelihood of unwanted sexual attention....
Enlighten us
FreedomofKetchup

Somerset, KY

#776181 Oct 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal law SHOULD be-

For Over 18--under 18 is "jail bait".

No matter what you don't think.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,797
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min positronium 48,515
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 13 min Good Cashiers 327
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min primetime justice 98,684
My true thoughts about this song. 32 min Roy Orbison 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min JOEL 70,612
Boy, 15, among four people wounded in shootings... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:09 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:09AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
NBC Sports 9:38 AM
Colts' practice squad adds Griff Whalen, sprinter Jeff Demps
Bleacher Report10:47 AM
Can Bears Emulate Pats' Successful Gameplan vs. Lions?
Bleacher Report12:46 PM
5 Bold Predictions for Washington Redskins' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 2:37 PM
Cards Sign Veteran RB Michael Bush