Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#775935 Oct 18, 2012
Violent Crime Rises 18 Percent Nationwide

U.S. sees first year-to-year hike in nearly two decades

Violent crime in the United States rose by 18 percent last year, the first year-to-year increase in nearly two decades, the Justice Department said Wednesday.

The instances of reported crimes of violence, according to the department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), had fallen more than 65 percent since 1993, dropping from 16.8 million incidents to 5.8 million.

The number of property crimes last year also showed an increase, jumping by 11 percent.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#775936 Oct 18, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you post what they were ranked when he took over as governor? 47th is not great, but it sure as hell is an improvment over 49 and 50th! It's pretty easy to make something sound bad....when you only give half the story.
Why don't you? 40,000 fewer jobs over his tenure.

Were you ho[ping others did worse?
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#775937 Oct 18, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are not going back to 1950, it's not going to happen
Romney: GFY
Lyin' lily, the filthy-mouthed obama worshipping vile beast
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#775938 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
You're right. Fortunately it's only ignorant, whiny, liberal women who actually believe Romney would bring women "back to 1950".
Hemp Underpants

Santiago, Chile

#775939 Oct 18, 2012
Hola amigos! Si, it is I, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie. I am down here at the very tip of South America where I have just opened an internet cafe' for the Gauchos. I call it, The Gaucho Cafe'. Si, you are welcome.

once had a magnificent husband but unfortunately he galloped into a strand of barbed wire during a moonlight ride on the Pampas leaving me, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie, with many unpaid bills and two ungrateful children.

For many years afterwards I was... bitter, spiteful, angry, even to the point of having, a black widow tattooed on my right breast, which is magnificent, incidentally. It was there as a message to all the male pigs who would have my beautiful body to do with as they would for days on end sometimes.. using all sorts of tools and farm implements... but I have put all that behind me now.

Through hard work and by applying myself I have turned my life around and I have Tae Kwon Do to thank for this. Thank you Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do has taught me many valuable lessons about life and suffering, and Korea for that matter, which, I, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie, was previously unaware was the cradle of civilization and the source of most of the cartoons on cable. But I spit on TV! Pffft! Deesgusting!

I came to Dr. Lee's school of Tae Kwon Do and Drei Cleaning a broken husk of a woman. Weak. Afraid. Feeling sorry for myself... but, after Master Lee had slappen me in the face several times and then locked me in the bathroom for several days... finally my mind was opened, for the first time it seemed..

I would come to the Studio early each morning around 10:30 and work for two hours or so until the kids classes started and my now lithe, lean body was covered in a fine sheen of sweat. Honest sweat. Woman sweat. After 6 grueling weeks I became a yellow belt and after that there was no stopping me. I, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie was finally ready to re-enter society as an equal and not some man's idle plaything.

After graduation, I had two dragons tattooed in the insides of my forearms in honor of the sacrifices of David Carradine and Bruce Lee. Not the Chinese Bruce Lee, the Korean one.

I, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie, left the city for a new life of self-exploration and harmony high in the Andes at a remote youth hostel where I was shocked to discover... at long last... unconditional love.

I fell into a routine of meditation and yoga in the morning, then some organic gardening, chanting, some spinning, a little dancing, more organic gardening and at night I would strum my guitar and then fall into bed exhausted.

We grew our own food, wove our own clothes, so we were hungry and naked most of the time but it didn't matter. For the first time I began to see all men and women as simply spoke in the gigantic wheel of life, the karmic circle. I was a warrior woman now. A black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Chi Gung, oh, and Kendo. It had taken two years, but now I was finally ready! I, Dawn Raphael d'Santino Augustino Luis Alonzo Marie would make them pay for what they'd done to me!
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#775940 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Romney Ryan favor personhood, this would make contraception illegal. If these dictators get elected, all women should go on a sex strike, they can go eff themselves
2012 and they want to turn women into June Cleaver? I don't think so. He is such an absolute insult to American women that it is beyond comprehension
You're the biggest insult to American women; go back to Finlandia and evolve.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#775941 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gunner dishonest post.
The CBO report said there would still be 30 million residents not covered. Not Americans.
Residents would include aliens - both legal & illegal.
Legal immigrants are the ones mainly responsible for taking jobs away from Americans. They will qualify for O'bamacare-who are you kidding?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#775942 Oct 18, 2012
Another Instance of Insanity by Crazy Uncle Joe

"I want to make this clear so there no misunderstanding anybody. I got a daughter, lost a daughter, got four granddaughters, and Barack has two daughters. We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!"

Newville, PA

#775943 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Violent Crime Rises 18 Percent Nationwide
U.S. sees first year-to-year hike in nearly two decades
Violent crime in the United States rose by 18 percent last year, the first year-to-year increase in nearly two decades, the Justice Department said Wednesday.
The instances of reported crimes of violence, according to the department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), had fallen more than 65 percent since 1993, dropping from 16.8 million incidents to 5.8 million.
The number of property crimes last year also showed an increase, jumping by 11 percent.
Let's keep firing policemen.

Newville, PA

#775944 Oct 18, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Putz-
Supply and demand--SAVE America from choking people at the gas pumps (cause hybrids DON'T matter on the price per gallon--OVER priced due to under economic activity is still the same--TOO MUCH per gallon!!)
With limited access to deep water ports, Canadian oil producers have been shipping crude to American refiners, where oil stocks are already ample. Relatively tight supplies outside the U.S., meanwhile, have pushed international crude prices higher.
The solution, for Canadian producers, is a pipeline that would cross the U.S. and provide access to ports in the Gulf of Mexico, where it could be shipped to buyers around the world. That would reduce the glut of oil that has depressed U.S. prices, forcing up the cost to U.S. refiners.
KEYSTONE FOR American economic recovery-NOT Against it! Move that commodity again!!!
Did you just argue against the pipeline?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#775945 Oct 18, 2012
Millions of African-Americans are worse off economically than four years ago, Bloomberg News writes, although many of the challenges they have faced long preceded President Obama.

Black Unemployment Nearly Twice that of Whites

"Today’s 14.1 percent black unemployment rate is almost twice the 7.4 percent white rate, and the racial gap — after narrowing from 2005 to 2009 — has widened since the recession’s June 2009 end. At Obama’s inauguration, 7.1 percent of whites were jobless compared with 12.7 percent of blacks,” Bloomberg writes.“Amid a fitful economic recovery over the past three years, black households’ median annual income fell 11.1 percent, more than twice the 5.2 percent inflation-adjusted decline suffered by white households, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data by Sentier Research.”
Jane Says

New York, NY

#775946 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney applied Affirmative Action? He denied qualified men jobs & replaced them with women who must not have been as qualified else they would have been considered in the first place.
I thought you right whiners hated affirmative action.
anyone with ANY business sense knows the difference between affirmative action and inclusiveness. I was in Executive Search and we were prepared with "binders" of QUALIFIED women and minorities, so they would be represented when a client firm was looking to fill a high level position. of course the people behind these resumes were thoroughly VETTED, unlike the current president. there had to be knowledge and substance along with style.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#775947 Oct 18, 2012
<quoted text>
You are correct-it is now 2012. The only women that are not seeing the future is bright with Romney are the ones that keep looking back. I wasn't born in the 50's-so it is difficult to compare your statement with reality.

Newville, PA

#775948 Oct 18, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Legal immigrants are the ones mainly responsible for taking jobs away from Americans. They will qualify for O'bamacare-who are you kidding?
They will not qualify for subsidies to buy insurance under the ACA.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#775949 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney wins, I know there is still a liberal in the White House.
I disagree. Romney is a liar about everything he says. You may think he appeared liberal in Mass. That's because the Democrats overrode his vetoes over 800 times. He was against emergency contraception for rape victims.
He has it in for women big time. Back to 1950, criminalizing abortion, jailing women, personhood, forcing to bear rapists babies, defunding planned parenthood. There were no women or minorities at Bain.
His contempt for women and minorities is ingrained in him from his religion.
When asked the question on assault weapons ban; he went on a stupid irrelevant tirade about single mothers!
That comes from Momonism.
Women will be so screwed if this maniac gets elected
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775950 Oct 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't answered the post. Tell us why you think this. Explain your viewpoint. I'll help you. Here's the post again:
There are many statements in the post describing the requirement of very sophisticated training and intelligence.
Here's the post again for your reference. If you're too ignorant to even participate in the discussion, please leave the discussion to the adults.
Obama is completely out of touch. He's not in charge of anything. He says only what he's ordered to say. Everything is scripted for him. That's the legacy he'll leave. We have never had a president that was so inconsequential.
I smell Vallerie Jarrett. She decided we didn't want to offend the terrorists we knew were organizing in Libya, so she ordered the ambassador to be with very low security.
Now, let's get to the real issue:
It's obvious Al Qaeda trained their assault team very thuroughly in some mock-up facility of the exact location of the attack. All you have to do is observe the precision of their movements through the facility to deduce this. This was a very precisely planned attack requiring coordination of movement during action through multiple locations.
This requires precise timing. The timing is based on the location of the American ambassador. The assault team has to be assembled. They're not just hanging around at the assault point fully armed for weeks waiting for the ambassador to arrive. They know they will get a signal from somewhere that starts their attack. Their attack starts with the notification of everyone in the assault team, everyone involved in the placement of the heavy weapons, the diversionary fire team, and everyone involved in the communication between the different elements of the attack.
They have to know exactly when the ambassador will be at the consulate.
If they did not have information directly from the US government, and I suspect Vallerie Jarrett, then it would have been impossible for them to execute this type of assault. Without someone in either the State Department or the White House giving to Al Qaeda real-time location information of the American ambassador, they would have attempted to kill him at the usual location, the embassy in Tripoli.
This is too much like the very next "secret" mission of SEAL Team Six when their helicopter descended to disembark the SEAL team at the "secret" location right into the sights of a lone Taliban waiting for them with a rocket launcher.
You can't answer it.

The birther rules of dialog have become the new right wing syntax.

And you wonder why you have to call all the fact checkers liberals? Well other than that TAC site.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#775951 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Millions of African-Americans are worse off economically than four years ago, Bloomberg News writes, although many of the challenges they have faced long preceded President Obama.
Black Unemployment Nearly Twice that of Whites
"Today’s 14.1 percent black unemployment rate is almost twice the 7.4 percent white rate, and the racial gap — after narrowing from 2005 to 2009 — has widened since the recession’s June 2009 end. At Obama’s inauguration, 7.1 percent of whites were jobless compared with 12.7 percent of blacks,” Bloomberg writes.“Amid a fitful economic recovery over the past three years, black households’ median annual income fell 11.1 percent, more than twice the 5.2 percent inflation-adjusted decline suffered by white households, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data by Sentier Research.”
Tax cuts for the rich aint working.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#775953 Oct 18, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Another Instance of Insanity by Crazy Uncle Joe
"I want to make this clear so there no misunderstanding anybody. I got a daughter, lost a daughter, got four granddaughters, and Barack has two daughters. We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!"
What is insane about these two wonderful fathers who will fight for women's rights ?

Democratic men love women.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#775955 Oct 18, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct-it is now 2012. The only women that are not seeing the future is bright with Romney are the ones that keep looking back. I wasn't born in the 50's-so it is difficult to compare your statement with reality.
Go watch Leave it to Beaver reruns.

Mitt is Ward, Ann is June

Ryan is Beaver

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#775956 Oct 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
No this idiot blames the drop of gasoline on the CRA.
Is there no end to your stupidity?
The CRA had nothing to do with unfunded tax cuts, unfunded wars, unfunded expansions to medicare, unfunded growth in government.
The CRA had noting to do mortgage sellers selling loans to people who could not afford it, selling those mortgages to financial institutions who bundled these bad mortgages with good mortgages, bought AAA ratings & sold them to unsuspecting investors.
The CRA had nothing to do with the housing bubble.
The only thong the CRA did was provide idiots like you an excuse for your party's failures in creating the worst recession in 80 years.
In 2008 oil went from $147 to in the $30's. Because of demand. They stabilized in Aug of 2009.
Of course, being an oil expert, I thought you would know that.
More talking through your (ignorant) ass.

There is no possible way for you to know anything about what you said, unless you look into what the Director of OFHEO said in their testimony before Congress in 2003 when they identified Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac criminally cooking their books to hide the CRA disaster.
After the Republicans gave the Democrats what they wanted in 2003, that being no effective oversight of the financial institutions cooking their books to hide the CRA disaster, and after the Democrats responded to that concession by being for the Iraq incursion before they were against it, the "Special Purpose Vehicles" began to appear.
The only way you can know anything about what you claim to know is to be able to go into the foreign countries where the mother companies established these "Special Purpose Vehicles" and examine their books. That is where the individual "toxic asset" mortgages are. The only entries in the books of the mother companies of these "Special Purpose Vehicles" are the single "traunches" that are comprised of all these CRA "toxic asset" mortgages created by the Democrats' ludicrous subprime mortgage underwriting program.

Please tell us how you convinced the governments of these foreign countries to force these "Special Purpose Vehicles" to open their books for you so you could get all the data you need to make the claim you make.

Then explain to us why Ben Bernanke utterring the words "Special Purpose Vehicles" in front of Barney Frank's committee was enough to shut every Democrat mouth in DC and guarantee Bernanke unanimous support from the Democrats to continue as head of the Fed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Fair Game 46,709
Amy 9-20 19 min edogxxx 2
Abby 9-20 25 min Pippa 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 46 min edogxxx 98,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scary Mooooooslim 178,073
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 1 hr mikayla tisdale 3,784
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,719
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••