Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,969)

Showing posts 719,361 - 719,380 of1,078,003
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait, what about all that money Romney wants to gift the military????
to be used where of value, which does not include Afghanistan.....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
"Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment," began Jeremy Epstein, the evening's first questioner. "What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?"
This was the question that set the tone.
and Hussein Obama went on to talk about Midwest auto factory jobs to a Long Island college student....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick, disrespectful, and unAmerican. Shameful comment. You are an embarrassment to any political party.
ask a stupid question, get an appropriate response.....besides, gotta get to work to support an army of moochers.....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Grossly untrue. Nobama speaks crap consistently.
absolute fact that neither member of the royal family is still licensed to practice law....
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Kristol: "Foreign policy isn’t Romney’s natural subject. It’s not his comfort zone."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deserve-v...
"So if Romney can't win the foreign policy debate, he probably won't win."
One word: Benghazi

One more for good measure: Lies

Very similar to the 23 million unemployed, 47 million on food stamps, median family income down $5k, 1 in 6 in poverty, and 5 trillion in Obama debt which Obama has no answer for, Romney will embarrass Obama merely by reciting his foreign policy record.

Hey, maybe Obama will finally reveal his superior plans for a second term? Any idea why we've heard nothing?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
absolute fact that neither member of the royal family is still licensed to practice law....
So what's the sonofabitch going to do when he's kicked back to Chicago? Will he become number 47,000,001 on foodstamps? LOL I predict he'll take Elizabeth's place on Da View ... they need a little more color.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Ah, Benghazi, the albatross around Da Bammy's neck for Monday night's third Romney win.

... an ambassoador and three other Americans are murdered, and where was "the president? Vegas, baby, Vegas!... then off to Colorado for another asskissin' contest.... something symbolic about that, says President-elect Romney.

Bammy, why did you push a movie trailer nobody saw for a whole bunch of days after 9/11? <hint: failure>

Goodbye, farewell, adios ... you're toast!

LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

... ambassador ... but you knew that.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Hello, human diary. It is I, Mitt Romney, your better.
The debate last night did not go as well as I had presumed it would. The presidential unit was considerably more vigorous in spirit than last time. My chair was very uncomfortable, and not the right height. I had complained beforehand about the chair, and they allowed me to practice sitting in it, but refused to diminish its height.

The president was very rude to me last night. I repeatedly demanded he answer my questions of him, but he refused—even though I am certain he is aware of my position as a unit of prominent wealth. He insisted on talking when I did not want them to. He accused me of having policy positions on things that I am fairly certain I have never recently admitted having policy positions on. Even the moderator was rude to me.

Given the circumstances, I have found myself seriously considering my earlier supposition that the vice president, Joe Biden, is a warlock. Things were going quite well in the week before his debate with Mini-Mitt, but since then, things have gone less well. Has Joe Biden put a curse on our campaign? I still have not gotten a clear answer on what malarkey means, but I am beginning to have suspicions.

I asked the staff about the possibility that Joe Biden had done something to make the chairs at the debate grow taller than they otherwise should have been. They said nothing (but I cannot help but notice that an uncanny number of events of late have revolved around chairs). Similarly, the president's shift in behavior from the first debate to the second is extremely suspicious; again, my staff declined comment. They have been very quiet today.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Bain Capital’s billions of profits were not rewards for capitalist creation; they were mostly windfalls collected from gambling in markets that were rigged to rise. Mitt Romney is not a businessman; Mitt Romney is a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses. He did not build enterprises the old-fashioned way – out of inspiration, perspiration, and a long slog in the free market fostering a new product, service, or process of production. Instead, he spent his 15 years raising debt in prodigious amounts on Wall Street so that Bain could purchase the pots and pans and castoffs of corporate America, leverage them to the hilt, gussy them up as reborn, very much like a used car lot (Wall Street calls them “roll-ups”) and then deliver them back to Wall Street for resale – the faster the better.
That is the modus operandi of the leveraged-buyout business, and in an honest free-market economy, there wouldn’t be much scope for it because it creates little of economic value. But we have a rigged system – a regime of crony capitalism – where the tax code heavily favors debt and capital gains, and the central bank purposefully enables rampant speculation by propping up the price of financial assets and battering down the cost of leveraged finance.

Report of job losses at Bain Capital-invested companies:
ADAP/Auto Palace:-200 jobs; AMF Bowling:-271 jobs*; AMPAD:-385 jobs; Closings Ltd.:-300 jobs; Dade International:-2,700 jobs; Ddi:-2,100 jobs*; EduServ Technologies:-1000 jobs; FTD:-2050 jobs; GS Industries:-950 jobs*; GT Bicycles:-1000 jobs*; Handbag Holdings:-606 jobs; Holson Burnes:-694 jobs; The Learning Company:-1000 jobs; LIVE Entertainment:-400 jobs; Midwest Of Cannon Falls:-450 jobs; MotherCare Stores:-1000 jobs; Physio Control:-500 jobs; Transtar:-2,000 jobs; Waters Lab Technologies:-700 jobs; Wesley Jessen:-900 jobs. TOTAL 19,200!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Kristol: "Foreign policy isn’t Romney’s natural subject. It’s not his comfort zone."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deserve-v...
"So if Romney can't win the foreign policy debate, he probably won't win."
Maybe if he starts with an apology tour featuring a lot of bowing he'll make it. Or how about stepping over dead American bodies since they are just bumps in the road? Or how about emboldening our enemies by cutting of his balls. Maybe he could give Putin a wink, wink - nudge, nudge and be more flexible. Hey, cutting the military to the bone might help. Yep, looks like a rough road ahead.
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/18/us-...

Housing starts surge in positive sign for economy

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obama tells so many lies that he can't keep track of them. Not that he worries terribly about it. He won't lose sleep over being a pathological liar what with so many acolytes scurrying around making him feel entitled to be as much of an ass as he pleases.
Obama's win was only in the minds of the seriously self-deluded. Any debater who needs the moderator to sabotage his opponent is the obvious mental deficient of the two.
"No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar." - Abraham Lincoln
I promise you that there is something very stinky in the State of Denmark regarding the embassy attack. Hilary is responsible for the security for all U.S. embassies on foreign soil, but the ambassadors report directly to the president with whatever they feel is important for him to hear. Her finally admitting responsibility, now, is only to ensure Obama's re-election and her continued romp in the White House. It galls her no end to take the bullet for the CIC but she loves the status of SOS. After all, if something happens to the POS and VP she gets to play president like she's always wanted.
Sorry about the ramble, but something doesn't smell right. I've learned from experience that many times what appears to be only coincidence turns out to be the result of purposeful intent. The Benghazi embassy was in far too volatile an area for Hilary to allow for a minimum of security. I refuse to believe a woman as canny as her, who has now spent 12 years in the White House, could be that casual about guarding the security of a U.S. diplomat. Puhleeze.
Go with your gut.....

A person old enough to have accumulated some wisdom through experience can successfully rely on 'instincts' quite often.

In your case, 69 years makes you very qualified in this regard:}
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
Bain Capital’s billions of profits were not rewards for capitalist creation; they were mostly windfalls collected from gambling in markets that were rigged to rise. Mitt Romney is not a businessman; Mitt Romney is a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses. He did not build enterprises the old-fashioned way – out of inspiration, perspiration, and a long slog in the free market fostering a new product, service, or process of production. Instead, he spent his 15 years raising debt in prodigious amounts on Wall Street so that Bain could purchase the pots and pans and castoffs of corporate America, leverage them to the hilt, gussy them up as reborn, very much like a used car lot (Wall Street calls them “roll-ups”) and then deliver them back to Wall Street for resale – the faster the better.
That is the modus operandi of the leveraged-buyout business, and in an honest free-market economy, there wouldn’t be much scope for it because it creates little of economic value. But we have a rigged system – a regime of crony capitalism – where the tax code heavily favors debt and capital gains, and the central bank purposefully enables rampant speculation by propping up the price of financial assets and battering down the cost of leveraged finance.
ADAP/Auto Palace:-200 jobs; AMF Bowling:-271 jobs*; AMPAD:-385 jobs; Closings Ltd.:-300 jobs; Dade International:-2,700 jobs; Ddi:-2,100 jobs*; EduServ Technologies:-1000 jobs; FTD:-2050 jobs; GS Industries:-950 jobs*; GT Bicycles:-1000 jobs*; Handbag Holdings:-606 jobs; Holson Burnes:-694 jobs; The Learning Company:-1000 jobs; LIVE Entertainment:-400 jobs; Midwest Of Cannon Falls:-450 jobs; MotherCare Stores:-1000 jobs; Physio Control:-500 jobs; Transtar:-2,000 jobs; Waters Lab Technologies:-700 jobs; Wesley Jessen:-900 jobs. TOTAL 19,200!
Excellent!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

HEMPSTEAD, NY (The Borowitz Report)—Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney set a new personal record tonight by pretending to care about average Americans for nearly ninety minutes.

Mr. Romney began the second Presidential debate by simulating concern for a college student named Jeremy’s employment future and maintained a consistent level of feigned concern on a variety of subjects for the remainder of the night.

“It was an awesome display of stamina,” said Mr. Romney’s running mate, Paul Ryan, who watched Mr. Romney pretending to be empathic from a shelter in Virginia, where Mr. Ryan was pretending to feed a homeless orphan.

Mr. Romney’s new empathy record surpasses his previous mark, set seven days ago at a rally in Sidney, Ohio, where he pretended to give a shit about his audience for nearly an hour.
Tonight’s display of bogus sensitivity made a big impression on a post-debate focus group, as a majority of participants agreed with the statement,“Mitt Romney has the facial expressions of someone who cares about me.”

Moments after the debate, Mr. Romney pronounced himself “thoroughly drained” by the forced display of humanity.

“This empathy stuff is exhausting,” he told reporters.“On Day One, it’s going to stop.”

Throughout the evening, Mr. Romney traded barbs with President Obama, the first black person he has talked to since his speech at the N.A.A.C.P.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

frank wrote:
sounds like an easy way to get rich....why don't you try???....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

OTTAWA (The Borowitz Report)—Canada announced today that it was tightening security along its border with the United States amid concerns that there could be a mass migration of illegal Americans after Tuesday, November 6th.

According to Randolph McTavish, Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, border patrols are on alert due to an “increase in chatter” indicating that a threat to Canada’s border might be imminent.

“We’ve been intercepting troubling comments from some very freaked-out people,” he said.“Most of it has been on NPR call-in shows

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—With his polite and well-mannered performance widely panned in the first Presidential debate, President Barack Obama is under mounting pressure to prove that he can act like an asshole in the second debate tomorrow night, a campaign aide confirmed.

“In America, we demand that our President remain cool and calm in a crisis but go batshit in a debate,” the aide said.“Tuesday night is all about that second piece.”
But even as Mr. Obama worked around the clock to practice being a douche, Mitt Romney’s campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, doubted his efforts would succeed.

“Being an asshole isn’t a skill that you can just pick up overnight,” Mr. Rhoades said.“Mitt Romney’s been working on it all his life.”

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
INCORRECT INFORMATION. I am Shocked!
In fact, the aid package was for the nation of Egypt, not the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood may control the largest bloc of seats in parliament, but it's not even a majority. Not only that, the country itself continues, for now at least, to be controlled by the military. And more than 80 percent of the aid package is military aid.
http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statem...
Your article says APRIL 21st.
Muslim Brotherhood seizes control of Egyptian military
Monday, August 13, 2012 Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi on Sunday stunned the region and caused grave concern in Israel when he dismissed all of Egypt's top generals and installed commanders loyal and subservient to his Muslim Brotherhood.

What was it that you were saying again?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
and Hussein Obama went on to talk about Midwest auto factory jobs to a Long Island college student....
But he had rehearsed it all day long...and had to say his lines.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 719,361 - 719,380 of1,078,003
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Learn to Read 174,417
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Taeb 67,839
Is Ebay's 21-Day Hold on Sellers' PAYPAL Funds ... (Apr '13) 14 min hold this 25
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Chief49 3,825
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 32 min Skyler 6
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 32 min Ben Carson video 1
Amy 7-22 38 min squishymama 10
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••