Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#775621 Oct 17, 2012
Democrats, Biden, and the idiot that is hiding inside of all Democrats...

"I want to make this clear so there no misunderstanding anybody. I got a daughter, lost a daughter, got four granddaughters, and Barack has two daughters. We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!"
Jo Biden..

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/17/video-bi...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#775622 Oct 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Stupid Topix ate my post...again.
That's because your post is good food for thought:>
TSM

El Paso, TX

#775623 Oct 17, 2012
Obama gains nothing from last night debate!! The American People aware every time Obama's lips move another Lie!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#775624 Oct 17, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobama, you must realize by now, conservatives are driven by facts, liberals are driven by emotion. This explains why Homer has been crying a lot lately (he blames ragweed season, but we know what's up).
So what if you're driven by both facts and emotion?

Because that's just me all over.

Would you consider that a good thing? Or no?

Location hidden

#775625 Oct 17, 2012
Pres Obama, voters making mistakes, and the guts to admit when you are wrong...

"In full-page newspaper ad, 13 Iowa voters apologize for supporting Obama in 2008"

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....

Location hidden

#775626 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
"The president has no role in passing a budget."
tell us when Pelosi and Reid were in charge of the House and Senate and for how long...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#775627 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have a plan without having a budget.
And you are lying again. Why are you such a liar? Obama has submitted a budget every year.
And really, golfing once every two weeks. OMG. Call out the National Guard.
How pathetic.
Did Bush have budgets every year. So you are saying Bush planned to double the national debt, create the worse recession in 80 years, have a near financial meltdown & have a housing collapse.
Wow, that was quite the plan.
And really, when you run wars off budget, are you saying Bush had absolutely no plan in Iraq & Afghanistan?
Yes, you are correct. You can have a plan without a budget... in a crack house where the plan is to get more crack, period, and in a house supported by the 53 percent of the people paying all the goddam bills for the government.
But, if you're a system like, oh, say the average household, or any business, or any government that has things like short- and long-term debt and programs that vary in intensity and funding levels, if you don't have a budget you don't have a goddam plan.
In the case of the Democrats, you'll never convince me they don't have a plan. But, they don't want to expose that plan to the public in a budget.
Obama is so far out of touch and useless to this plan other than being a cardboard cutout commercial for the Democrats, he didn't even know this. That's why he submitted the only two budgets in the four years he should have submitted a budget.
And, that is why he didn't get a single goddam vote for his budgets combined. He was the only goddam Democrat in government that didn't know the plan.
Yup, the Democrats have a plan, that's for sure. And, they don't want the American people to know what that plan is, that's another obvious thing.
As a result of the Democrats not wanting to expose their plan to the public, the Democrats have increased our deficit ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT and more than trippled our debt to the 16 trillion dollars it is today.
And, this trend will continue until out government returns to being normal and having a plan for the future.
I suppose Obama needs some "flexibility" on this, too, after the election.
carol

Orlando, FL

#775629 Oct 17, 2012
Hey! How come I'm the one getting all the unhappy icons?

If I didn't know better, I'd think someone was trying to hurt my feelings.

Location hidden

#775630 Oct 17, 2012
Pres Obama, gasoline prices, and Romney's policy may lead to $1.86 a gallon gasoline if you vote for him...

"Well, think about what the governor -- think about what the governor just said. He said when I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80,$1.86. Why is that? Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney's now promoting. So, it's conceivable that Governor Romney could bring down gas prices because with his policies, we might be back in that same mess."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#775631 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
In his speech, Romney faulted Obama for failing to pass a budget. He was correct that the two times Congress voted on the president’s budget requests, both times they were voted down. But the job of passing a budget resolution is not the president’s. That responsibility falls to Congress, and even then the president doesn’t sign it. As Ellis, our expert, put it: "The president has no role in passing a budget. The president can cajole Congress about passing a budget and advocate for positions and funding levels, but in the end, Congress approves the budget resolution for their own purposes." That’s the difference between this and other claims we’ve rated which blamed Congress for inaction on the budget.
Romney’s statement contains a grain of truth, in that two of Obama’s budget requests failed to pass. But citing those votes leaves a wrong impression -- namely that the votes were anything more than political theater. Romney omitted the more critical information that passing a federal budget is the job of Congress. Given all that, we rate his statement Mostly False.
You're welcome.
Awwww, you're being too polite. The Obama budgets weren't just voted down, they were crushed like a cockroach under a boot.
Obama couldn't get not one, not a single goddam vote for either of his budgets in the whole of the goddam Congress.

Cynicism aside, that is an indication of something extraordinarily wrong and deceitful about our current government.
How can the president's own party be so diametrically opposed to Obama's vision of what the government should do to the point of not having a single person in Congress supporting Obama's vision of what the government should do, and this same political party nominates this same person they think is a loon for a second term as president.
If I didn't know anything else, and I observed that, I'd want that element as far away from my government as I could imagine. There's too much at stake to allow such deceit involved with such a powerful element in the world.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#775632 Oct 17, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww, you're being too polite. The Obama budgets weren't just voted down, they were crushed like a cockroach under a boot.
Obama couldn't get not one, not a single goddam vote for either of his budgets in the whole of the goddam Congress.
Cynicism aside, that is an indication of something extraordinarily wrong and deceitful about our current government.
How can the president's own party be so diametrically opposed to Obama's vision of what the government should do to the point of not having a single person in Congress supporting Obama's vision of what the government should do, and this same political party nominates this same person they think is a loon for a second term as president.

If I didn't know anything else, and I observed that, I'd want that element as far away from my government as I could imagine. There's too much at stake to allow such deceit involved with such a powerful element in the world.
But Obama constantly changes his mind. He's worse than my ex-husband - truly!!! Hence the ex

Location hidden

#775634 Oct 17, 2012
Pres obama, hissy fits, and I know what I said about terror..ism...attack...terro.. .tax the rich...

"Obama said during the speech that “No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation”— but at no point was it clear that he was using that term to describe the attack in Benghazi. He’d also spent the previous two paragraphs discussing the 9/11 attacks and the aftermath.“Acts of terror” could have just as easily been a reference to that. Or maybe it wasn’t a direct reference to anything, just a generic, reassuring line he’d added into a speech which did take place, after all, the day after the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks."

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/09/30/...
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775635 Oct 17, 2012
The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree with you, he should take care of his brother.I honestly don't understand why he doesn't.
I also don't understand why Mr Romney, a good American who cares for 100% of all Americans, won't share his secret for fixing this country for all of us unless he's elected. It would seem a good American who cares for 100% of Americans would have already shared his secret with the current administration. Why is Mr Romney not helping us right now? If I held those secrets, you could bet I'd be more than happy to share them for the good of my country. Wouldn't you?
GTFOOTW.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775636 Oct 17, 2012
.... easily the biggest and most historic exchange of the night began with what could have been the president's most vulnerable segment. The Libya section.

First, unlike George W. Bush, the president took full blame for any failure to prevent the attack on the consulate in Benghazi. I can't possibly imagine Bush taking the blame for Iraq or 9/11 -- or anything for that matter. "I'm the president and I'm always responsible, and that's why nobody's more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do," Obama said with conviction, strength and humility.

Next, the president literally shamed Romney's flagrant politicization of the attacks. He turned to Romney, stared him in the eye, pointed direct at the Republican and said, "And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as president, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief."

You could almost hear the applause from Obama campaign headquarters all across the nation. It was just one of those moments. An Aaron Sorkin movie moment.

But it only grew from there.

At this point, Romney thought he trapped the president on whether the president regarded Benghazi as a terrorist attack, and so he stepped in for what he thought would be a classic gotcha moment. Romney approached the president and asked for confirmation whether the president called the attacks "acts of terror" during his Rose Garden address the morning after the consulate was hit.

This is when someone on Romney's staff blew it big time and gave him the wrong information. Romney was likely advised that Obama didn't use the phrase "acts of terror" the next morning when, in fact, he had.

Obama was clearly tracking with this. He knew what was about to happen. He knew Romney was going to lie about what the president said, and so when Obama said, "Please proceed governor," he may as well have said, "Please feel free to embarrass yourself on national television, governor, because I'm going to nail you on this."

And then both Obama and Candy Crowley crushed Romney.

Boom. The audience once again laughed and applauded. But then, with misplaced audacity and a compulsion for lying that's almost unparalleled in American presidential politics, Romney repeated the lie as if Crowley and the president hadn't just debunked it on television. "It took them a long time to say this was a terrorist act by a terrorist group," he said. Nope. It was the very next day, Mr. Romney.

This was arguably one of those historic debate sequences which I believe will be replayed for many years to come. The challenger, riding a wave of solid polls following a strong first debate, imploded on the national stage. Not only was he scolded by the president for being small and petty, but he was trapped in a lie and wasn't really able to recover.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/obama...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775637 Oct 17, 2012
One of the telling moments during last night’s debate was Romney’s response to the question about his differences with George W. Bush. He tried to distance himself from Bush on energy, trade, deficits, and Republican support for “big business.” Some of these differences aren’t real and some aren’t significant, but those are the things that Romney chose to emphasize as his biggest differences with Bush. The woman asking the question also referred to “international problems” that she blamed on the Bush administration, and expressed her fear of a return to Bush-era policies. It should have been easy for him to say,“My foreign policy will differ significantly from that of President Bush in the following ways.” He didn’t address that part of her question, perhaps because he didn’t see a way he could reassure the questioner without alarming his supporters, or perhaps because it didn’t occur to him that he needed to distance himself from Bush’s foreign policy failures.

It would be reasonable for the questioner and the public to conclude from his response that there aren’t any major differences between Romney and Bush on foreign policy. That is what all of the other evidence to date confirms, and given the opportunity to distinguish himself on foreign policy Romney opted to talk about other things. Romney could correct that oversight in Monday’s debate, but I wouldn’t count on it. If losing the foreign policy debate means that Romney “probably won’t win” the election, as Kristol says, then Romney probably won’t win.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#775638 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Sick, disrespectful, and unAmerican. Shameful comment. You are an embarrassment to any political party.
Talking to yourself again, I see.

There is help for most mental illness, just not yours.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775639 Oct 17, 2012
Bill Kristol: "Foreign policy isn’t Romney’s natural subject. It’s not his comfort zone."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deserve-v...

"So if Romney can't win the foreign policy debate, he probably won't win."

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#775640 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>That, my friend, is so far from any form of the truth. You remain however, a true Republican. Axis II?
Thankfully and typically, you are wrong.

Based on your post, you are doing well in your ESL class.

Not a Republican.

Don't you get tired of being wrong?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775641 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait, what about all that money Romney wants to gift the military????
to be used where of value, which does not include Afghanistan.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775642 Oct 17, 2012
carol wrote:
"Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment," began Jeremy Epstein, the evening's first questioner. "What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?"
This was the question that set the tone.
and Hussein Obama went on to talk about Midwest auto factory jobs to a Long Island college student....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min loose cannon 178,562
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min edogxxx 98,321
Abby 9-30 30 min edogxxx 1
Amy 9-30 33 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Eric 69,458
Abia State polytechnic, Direct entry admission ... 1 hr prof vicktor 1

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]