Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,961)

Showing posts 719,201 - 719,220 of1,078,370
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
notlocal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

ZCs wrote:
Envisioning a pre-election hostage crisis,à la Iran and Jimmy Carter,[Romney said], "If something of that nature presents itself, I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.
Romney's shocking statement came after a fat cat in the audience specifically brought up how Ronald Reagan used the Iranian hostage crisis to his campaign's advantage.
It is important to remember that the 47 percent – and other – fundraiser remarks were before the tragic killings of the US Ambassador to Libya and other foreign service representatives.
Sure enough, once the murders occurred, Romney rashly held a press conference that incorrectly conflated the deaths with a prior US Cairo Embassy news release and cast blame on Obama. However, the Romney campaign backed off for awhile due to a general condemnation by the DC punditry, many leading Republicans, and the corporate media of his reckless remarks.
But then Romney, who has no foreign policy or military experience (he was a Mormon missionary in France for two years though and received a deferment), returned to accusing the White House of not providing enough security for the diplomats who were killed. This attack line started to have some resonance when State Department "traffic" indicated that one or more verbal requests had been made for increased protection in Tripoli, the capital of Libya.(Who said what to whom and when is still being sorted out.)
Fast forward to the debate on Tuesday night. Based on a question from an audience member named Kerry Ladka, President Obama took full responsibility for handling the Benghazi situation and responded in a dignified fashion that honored the loss of life in the line of duty.
Then three words set in motion the defining moment of the debate when Crowley offered Obama a brief chance to respond to Romney saying that the president began his term with "an apology tour" through the Middle East.
Obama returned to the bloodshed in Benghazi. In his brief remark, he included these words: "The day after the attack, Governor, I stood in the Rose Garden, and I told the American people and the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened, that this was an act of terror."
You are extremely naive. All MSM is showing that clip over and over today and it is so obviously contrived and pre-planned by Obama, in step with Crowley, that it is working against both of them.

The three words 'act of terror' he used on 9/12, were not in response to the prior night's attack.

And everyone in the nation knows he repeatedly called it a 'spontaneous protest reacting to a video', in EVERY venue, from talk TV to the UN, for two weeks, before being forced to admit it was a terrorist attack, letting Hillary take the fall as she left for Peru, that no one is buying it.

Doesn't come off as a 'gotcha' on Romney. Comes off as DIRTY POOL by Obama ("get me the transcript") and Crowley, who by chance, had the transcript in her hand. Even MSNBC questioned it.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown!
Epic style!
Fk you bagger.
Your tricks are for kids.
Hahahahaha, keep proving that there is little/no intelligent life in the Obama camp!!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Thank you fox news reporting....
Eat me!
<quoted text>
Nobody eats decaying mold anymore, except you neanderthal Democrats. Us rich Republicans all eat caviar. Well, I guess you could qualify as a fish egg though...
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only stating the obvious. I am only sarcastically using the Fact that women in general earn 72% less than men, to make fun of well established republican stereotypes.
First of all, it's 77%, not 72%, but I digress. Which stereotype are you referencing?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Obama has to answer to Benghazi. Who told Susan Rice to spread an intentional lie? We want to know because all indications point directly at Obama.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time. California is locked up democrat forever.
And you should be just simply locked up, if you aren't already, nutjob loser. Did you pick any fights with other 13 year olds Democrats down on the corner today? Lord knows, there are plenty of you juveniles here.
notlocal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds about right in the large scheme of things. Not only do you have to consider construction supplies but also how he/she gets to work and buys groceries. Because he is working he now has money to spend on concerts, movies, and other entertainment. You must look at the one job in the overall picture.
You see when the dems increased the minimum wage twice that cut the number of low paying jobs. This in turn caused more lack of jobs because they had no money to spend. The people who were barely getting by now are no longer getting by. You libtards cut the the legs right out from under the economy. This death spiral is what tanked the economy and is still tanking the economy.
Well, I didn't bring in the 'entertainment' aspect, but you are absolutely correct.

The constuction worker and his wife, who now works in human resources, went out to dinner last night. They discussed the new garage they are adding onto their house and the family vacation coming up in three months. Then they went home and paid the babysitter.:-) Sprial up.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well as a stay at home dad who takes care of his children that shoots that theory down. It would be just like you to state the obvious knowing full well women do most of the childcare, home care, and are sick more than men because of plumbing problems.
So, you think your wife should make less than a man doing the same job?
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this post meant for your pedophile forum?
oh look its the liberal fairy with its brilliant reparte`
its so refreshing for all the conservatives on topix,we
are so grateful,thank you so much for your input.sorry
to learn that both your parents were siblings? looking
forward to your next erudite out bursts.we cannot wait
until then.?
notlocal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it's 77%, not 72%, but I digress. Which stereotype are you referencing?
That has not been my experience. I make a very nice salary and get increases I didn't even see coming. If you're good at what you do and honest, you are rewarded.
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

So? You have $300 million laying around collecting dividends, interest, and cap gains like Romney? Tired of paying a whopping 13% tax bill like Romney? You want zero % tax on your fortunes income?

That is all the "change" Romney cares about!!!

Ceo's do not create jobs!! Demand in the economy does! Trickle down is a Proven failure.

Romney: unpatriotic greedy azzzzzwipe!

You?
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
He was more agressive last night, but still made many mis-statements, didn't lay any new ideas (at first I thought he was stealing Romney's 5 point plan) and offers nothing but four more years of the same. But, our economy will not last another 24 months. All he keeps repeatng is 'increase taxes on the wealthy.' Well, that's not even a drop in the bucket of what we need to even tread water.
It's like Carter and Bush 1, we need a change.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
Obama has to answer to Benghazi. Who told Susan Rice to spread an intentional lie? We want to know because all indications point directly at Obama.
O'Clusterf**k must be dreading the foreign policy debate on Monday.

Everything this administration has done regarding the Middle East, N. Africa and Asia has turned to shit.

I hope Romney throws the Letterman for Netanyahu trade off The One pulled.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the overall picture. However, having said, your numbers are skewed just like Romney's. You guys live in some kind of alternate reality. For every construction worker hired, you think it takes 10-15 other people to support that 1 person?
No wonder you follow what Romney is saying and the numbers add up for you. For people that are living in reality, they know better.
Probably a cut and paste from a right wing basement dweller, to long for me to read.

Romney claims to have a plan which will put 12 million Americans to work yet he never mentions the home building or related industries.

Who does he think he's kidding, those industries are where 9 million of the unemployment numbers came from and those jobs will not return during one Presidential term, likely not two or in some areas even three.

Nothing Romney has will work because the sumbitch is lying, I'm not sure that Obama has anything worth bragging about either __but__his policies have stopped the nations bleeding and set us on a path to a recovery and he's shown the courage necessary to keep our nation away from unnecessary and costly wars.
Etcha-Sketchy Deal

Southington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Etcha-Sketchy Gone-ney touted his record of hiring women as Massachusetts governor by saying he had “binders full of women” who were qualified to be hired.

“I’ve gotta tell you, we don’t have to collect a bunch of binders to find qualified, talented, terrific young women ready to work and teach in these fields right now!” says Barack Obama, our next President!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>Talking to yourself on Topix only highlights your liberal mental illness.
You should leave diagnoses to trained professionals.
notlocal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet that beating the mountaineers took made your pals choke on that chili.
What a intelligent response. Up against a real brain trust here,
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Gallup's week-long tracking poll of likely voters finds that Mitt Romney is leading Barack Obama by 6 percentage points, 51-45.

Gallup will be hearing from a pussed pff David Axelrod
Black Wino

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Uh...O.... it be seeming dat Romney peeled da Pimp In Chief, like a brownish banana and exposed da Pimp as a Lying cracka.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you already forhotten that a u.s. ambassador was killed?
Have we ever learned why Stevens was out there without his security team?

Clearly you're just posting for self amusement eh?
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody eats decaying mold anymore, except you neanderthal Democrats. Us rich Republicans all eat caviar. Well, I guess you could qualify as a fish egg though...
Leave anyone dying on the streets without access to health coverage today?

Republican pro death weeeeenie crosser!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 719,201 - 719,220 of1,078,370
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min TRD 67,851
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 58 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 3 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search