Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#775604 Oct 17, 2012
Obama bad for America wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care, but just curious...why they lost law license?
Big - butted first lady, "the first time in my adult life, I'm proud with my country", were compared to Jackie Kennedy ...that was laughable ...
Grossly untrue. Nobama speaks crap consistently.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#775605 Oct 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
not acceptable in Obamaland, where everyone gets the same regardless of ability and/or effort.....
Nobama, you must realize by now, conservatives are driven by facts, liberals are driven by emotion. This explains why Homer has been crying a lot lately (he blames ragweed season, but we know what's up).

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#775606 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>You should leave diagnoses to trained professionals.
Poor liberal loser, I am the trained professional!

Location hidden

#775607 Oct 17, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Huffington Post? LOL. Why don't you just quote Michelle Obama. Michelle says "Barack is going to win" Bahahaha. You have to be kidding me.
<<waiting to see Peppy's most brilliant source quotes. Welcome to reality.>>
carol

Orlando, FL

#775608 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than read the biased minutiae, I did read your bit on PolitiFact as I read it regularly. You stretched the facts, similar to Romney.
Didn't read any stretch by PolitiFact. This is what they said:

The Obama ad takes a solid statistic and describes it incorrectly. The campaign is wrong to say that the 77-cent figure describes the pay differences between men and women "doing the same work."

The 77-cent figure compares all male and female workers, regardless of their occupation.

Indeed, if you look at men and women working in the same professions, the pay gap is much smaller (more like a difference of 5 cents in most professions).

At least two other factors weaken the accuracy of the ad’s claim, according to PolitiFact. One involves hours worked and seniority on the job.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Obama bad for America

Los Angeles, CA

#775610 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
What is untrue? They "Nobamas" always say or due crap...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#775612 Oct 17, 2012
killtaker wrote:
Pres Obama, official spokesman, and what is terror is not terrorism...
"Flashback: On September 20 Jay Carney Told Reporters White House “Hadn’t” called Benghazi a “Terrorist Attack"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/flash...
Political Terrorism-

The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Since the September 11th Attacks on the United States in 2001, which resulted in the destruction of the World Trade Center in New York City and severe damage to the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., the United States has changed its priorities to focus upon eradicating terrorism in the world. Terrorism involves the systematic use of terror or violence to achieve political goals. The targets of terrorism include government officials, identified individuals or groups, and innocent bystanders. In most cases terrorists seek to overthrow or destabilize an existing political regime, but totalitarian and dictatorial governments also use terror to maintain their power.
( lgeladictionary.com )

Not that flipping hard to "distinguish".

Carney seems a rather arrogant type sometimes. Not very enlightening with some of his "speaking moments".

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#775613 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but no... Obama speaks crap consistently. Grossly true.

Location hidden

#775614 Oct 17, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor liberal loser, I am the trained professional!
That, my friend, is so far from any form of the truth. You remain however, a true Republican. Axis II?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#775615 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Moronic argument, but expected. Massachusetts is required, by their law, to have no deficit in budget at end of fiscal year. Has nothing to do with Romney. Absolutely NOTHING!
Moronic argument, but expected. Aside from mentioning the necessity of being a Republican governor of Mass requiring a greater degree of skill in bipartisan negotiating than any other place on the goddam planet, balancing a budget is something that is obviously impossible for Obama. First, you actually have to have a goddam budget. To have a budget every year, you actually have to propose a budget every goddam year. That's something that history has proven to be beyond the capabilities of your Obama clown.

Additionally, you ignored almost all of the post, but expected.
Here it is again, in case you just didn't read it:

If you don't have a budget, you don't have a plan.... or a plan you want the American people to know about.
We haven't had a budget since Obama took office.

Give us the number for the debt of Mass before and after Romney. You obviously don't have the numbers and don't know what you're talking about. Talk about someone talking through their ass.... You talk, but you don't say anything.

I do recall while Mitt Romney was governor, my brother-in-law had to go to Boston to work construction because there wasn't enough people there to do the work that needed to be done. That just doesn't fit with what you claim.

What's wrong with not raising taxes?
.... well??????

So, what you're saying is, Romney balanced revenue with expenditure, right?
Isn't that the way government should be run?

What does closing a loophole have to do with cutting revenue? You're reaching here. Just babble there.

So, you're saying we don't even have any guidelines for spending and comparing that to revenue, right? Wouldn't you call that disfunctional?
Please tell us why we haven't even had a budget since Obama took office.
Please tell us why Obama submitted only 2 budgets to Congress in the 4 years he was supposed to submit a budget.
Please tell us why the sum total of Obama's only two budget proposals in the four years he's been golfing around the White House got a sum total of ZERO votes in Congress.

And, kindly explain to us how the government will be able to control spending if it is so disfunctional it can't even generate a budget when the president has a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House.

And you're trying to convince the country we need four more years of that....
TSM

El Paso, TX

#775617 Oct 17, 2012
Michelle said 'On Nov. 7, We're Going to Party Hard'! She right the American People will be celebrating Romney/Ryan Victory!! Obama’s title will become “Former President “sounds Great!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#775618 Oct 17, 2012
So where was the stretch, Alloramadai?

If Obama wasn't on the up-and-up with the American people, HE was the one stretching the truth.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#775619 Oct 17, 2012
Where'd you go FIRE THE GOP?

Pimp with a Limp show on now?

Location hidden

#775620 Oct 17, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Moronic argument, but expected. Aside from mentioning the necessity of being a Republican governor of Mass requiring a greater degree of skill in bipartisan negotiating than any other place on the goddam planet, balancing a budget is something that is obviously impossible for Obama. First, you actually have to have a goddam budget. To have a budget every year, you actually have to propose a budget every goddam year. That's something that history has proven to be beyond the capabilities of your Obama clown.
Additionally, you ignored almost all of the post, but expected.
Here it is again, in case you just didn't read it:
If you don't have a budget, you don't have a plan.... or a plan you want the American people to know about.
We haven't had a budget since Obama took office.
Give us the number for the debt of Mass before and after Romney. You obviously don't have the numbers and don't know what you're talking about. Talk about someone talking through their ass.... You talk, but you don't say anything.
I do recall while Mitt Romney was governor, my brother-in-law had to go to Boston to work construction because there wasn't enough

Same story about your brother and his tool belt, YOU missed fact checking...

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/romneys-jobs...

Massachusetts’ Constitution requires a yearly balanced budget, so the boast isn’t — or shouldn’t be — that Romney balanced the budget every year. Rather, it’s that he did it without raising taxes.

It’s true that Romney never raised personal income taxes as governor. But as we have noted repeatedly, Romney increased government fees by hundreds of millions of dollars, and he also closed loopholes on some corporate taxes (a fact we have noted whenever Romney has claimed he did not raise taxes as governor).

As we wrote in 2007 when Romney was making his first presidential bid, Romney in 2003 doubled fees for court filings (which include marriage licensing fees), professional registrations and firearm licenses. Romney also quintupled the per gallon delivery fee for gasoline. All told, the fees raised more than $400 million in their first year. Romney also “closed loopholes” in the corporate tax structure, a move that generated another $150 million in increased revenue.

In addition, Romney cut aid to local cities and counties. In 2004, Romney cut nearly 5 percent, or about $230 million, from the local aid budget. The Massachusetts Municipal Association, representing the state’s cities and towns, said Romney’s cut “forced communities
statewide to cut services and raise local taxes and fees.”

In his speech, Romney faulted Obama for failing to pass a budget. He was correct that the two times Congress voted on the president’s budget requests, both times they were voted down. But the job of passing a budget resolution is not the president’s. That responsibility falls to Congress, and even then the president doesn’t sign it. As Ellis, our expert, put it: "The president has no role in passing a budget. The president can cajole Congress about passing a budget and advocate for positions and funding levels, but in the end, Congress approves the budget resolution for their own purposes." That’s the difference between this and other claims we’ve rated which blamed Congress for inaction on the budget.

Romney’s statement contains a grain of truth, in that two of Obama’s budget requests failed to pass. But citing those votes leaves a wrong impression -- namely that the votes were anything more than political theater. Romney omitted the more critical information that passing a federal budget is the job of Congress. Given all that, we rate his statement Mostly False.

You're welcome.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#775621 Oct 17, 2012
Democrats, Biden, and the idiot that is hiding inside of all Democrats...

"I want to make this clear so there no misunderstanding anybody. I got a daughter, lost a daughter, got four granddaughters, and Barack has two daughters. We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!"
Jo Biden..

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/17/video-bi...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#775622 Oct 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Stupid Topix ate my post...again.
That's because your post is good food for thought:>
TSM

El Paso, TX

#775623 Oct 17, 2012
Obama gains nothing from last night debate!! The American People aware every time Obama's lips move another Lie!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#775624 Oct 17, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobama, you must realize by now, conservatives are driven by facts, liberals are driven by emotion. This explains why Homer has been crying a lot lately (he blames ragweed season, but we know what's up).
So what if you're driven by both facts and emotion?

Because that's just me all over.

Would you consider that a good thing? Or no?

Location hidden

#775625 Oct 17, 2012
Pres Obama, voters making mistakes, and the guts to admit when you are wrong...

"In full-page newspaper ad, 13 Iowa voters apologize for supporting Obama in 2008"

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....

Location hidden

#775626 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
"The president has no role in passing a budget."
tell us when Pelosi and Reid were in charge of the House and Senate and for how long...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Guru 182,021
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 71,188
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr cheluzal 98,870
Chicago Pizza Blows 4 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 5 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr OzRitz 49,304
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young