Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775364 Oct 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the Middle East and Iran are the primary issues....nobody cares about trivia in Botswana.....
after last night, folks will be talking about Benghazi all week....not good for Hussein Obama....
It has been taken for granted for weeks that the attack on the consulate was a political liability for Obama, and it still could be, but Romney flubbed his criticisms so badly that he turned it into an advantage for his opponent. He took an issue where he had a clear opening and advantage and completely failed to drive the point home. It was a measure of how much he was flailing in that exchange that Romney rattled off a list of his boilerplate remarks about international events, and these amounted to little more than a series of rehearsed complaints completely disconnected from any policy positions. It was Romney’s theme throughout the entire night:“Bad things are happening. I have no answers. Elect me.”

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Talking.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#775365 Oct 17, 2012
The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what "wages" are? Basically for the working class American, they are the amount of money an hourly worker makes per hour. I agree with you though. Women should earn less per hour because of the fact they have to work less hours in order to better serve their families.
Republican economics is simple.
I guess in your world, it is the duty of women to tale care & house & home.

No man has ever taken off work because of a child or problem at home.

That's women's work.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#775366 Oct 17, 2012
keyedup wrote:
No Republican has ever won the presidency without winning Ohio.....sorry the LDS hustler is out of luck...rominey has been running for president for 5 years and is 10 points behind by election it will be 20 points behind...
You teabags are losers,your leader is an empty suite...
stop back in 2016 for your next whipping.....
One more turn to Rationals and then we vote in a female... Then some guys can really squirm...:)

If by any chance in 4 years there is still no improvement inside Congress that is...
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#775368 Oct 17, 2012
Hmmmmmm......I googled "presidents failing to get budget passed" and the only thing that came up was Obama. Is it possible he is the only president who could not get a budget passed?

Lots of presidents, republican and democrat, have had to deal with hostile Senates and Houses, and get budgets pushed through. This guy hasn't managed one, even though he had giant majorities in the first two years. His last budget was rejected by every democrat in the senate who was present (99-0 vote)

YIPES.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775369 Oct 17, 2012
A Romney victory still seems the less likely outcome, but what would it mean for the GOP, the conservative movement, and temperamental and dissident conservatives if it happened? The most discouraging result will be that it would persuade most on the right that the last four to six years were just a brief detour and hold no more lessons for conservatives or Republicans. It is likely that the bad habits that marred Republican rule in the 2000s will resume, and the incentives to retain power will tend to trump any constitutional and fiscal objections to new legislation and increased spending. The identification of movement conservatism with the Republican Party is already almost complete, and regaining control of the Presidency after just four years out of power will finish the job.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

I've said before that just give them 4 more years and there will never again be a Republican President.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#775370 Oct 17, 2012
1) I have. I don't have a "side" of the fence.
I play by the rules of the dictates of my conscience.

2) Did them one better. Told them they were an embarrassment to THEIR party. And no need to reiterate self-righteous hypocrites.
But, I will anyway.

3) Agree. We can only state our opinion. But, I have yet to see you state yours regarding calling out "your side".

4) And, you either missed that I've called them out on several occasions, over various issues, because you were too bizy yammering or in a myopic blur.

5) Right? Wrong. People are going to continue to choose their words and style regardless. I don't call people out to impose change. I call them out to expose their inconsistencies, inaccuracies and their hypocritical ignorance.
Unlike you, who is trying to convert the world.
And impose your world views, values and morals.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
1) But you should call them on it like I do with those on your side of the fence.

2) Just say to them, "Your party should be embarrassed by you.

3) Yes, I am embarassed by some of the remarks on here by those on my side of the fence.

4) That's about all either of us can do to shame them into knocking off their crude posts.

5) Right?
notlocal

AOL

#775371 Oct 17, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously very passionate about this subject. Too bad you aren't as passionate in getting to the truth of Romney's 'non' plan for balancing our economic situation.
I do agree that this is nothing but a tactic to try and gain women's vote. I think you're just upset that one side actually did make a stand.
Romney's jobs plan goes along with his debt reduction and it so simple to understand, but the dems keep bringing up this mystical 5 trillion dollar BS that is not part of his agenda for America.

And, frankly, I don't think Romney states it well.

Becoming energy independent will immediately create jobs in all areas and they will be well paying. We will need five new oil refineries built.

When a construction worker is hired, 10 to 15 jobs are generated upwards. From his safety clothing to where he gets his morning coffee to the material he needs on the job, which spikes trucking and manufacturing, to all the clerical needs to support him and the architects, engineers and other techs that provide his plans. His wife is now working too, so daycares fill up and new ones are built.

Everything spirals up. Those wages go into the economy, more jobs are created, more manufacturing and the GDP grows.

Now the middle class tax rate can be dropped 20% without feeling it in the tax coffers. If you have 5 people working and paying $8.00 FWT, you are going to collect more than 3 people working and paying $10.00 FWT. Taxes to the worker are lower, but the country is collecting more tax revenue. But waht the worker is saving in taxes, they are spending back into the economy.

Additionally, you have people coming off assistance programs. No one wants to live on unemployment and food stamps. Those additional savings can be used to chip at the debt and improve programs like education.

Now you may think that unless you live where oil, coal or gas is located, you will not see the job grownth. No so. Manufacturing, communications, technology jobs will be created all over the country. Think of just the heavy equipment and maintenance on it that will be needed. And the clerical positions to support that.

Combined with energy independence, new trade agreements are going to really step up manufaturing and all of it's supporting jobs in every state.

Holding down the taxes and regulations on small businesses will allow many to stay open and not lay-off employees. Repealing Obamacare will do even more for unemployment.

No business in this country knows what their employer provided benefits are going to cost after 1/1/13. They won't hire.

We will safely join into the Keystone Pipeline within months.

FACT: The US coal reserves contain TWELVE TIMES as much energy as all of the oil in Saudi Arabia.

Being energy independent, along with the rapid growth of jobs and revenue will really give us a lift and a better world standing.

Romney told us early in he first debate, he is not worried about the wealthy. The wealthy are doing just fine. And they are.

His plan to cut 1040 tax deductions, if he does, is nothing to fear. I've looked at our last 10 years returns and we never had deductions of $25,000. It will virtually unchange the middle class tax return.

Romney is a job creator. Energy is the faster and most attractive way. You'll see savings not only at the pump, but in every product you buy. Every week I go to the grocery and just about every product I buy is 2 to 5 cents more expensive. But they all travel by truck so it's justified.

Obama has no plan, is flooding the market with $40 billion dollars money every month that we can not back up, so inflation by 2014 is going to be at an unseen high.

And his foreign policy has been from terrible to none at all.

I don't even think he likes America. We won't make it past 24 months if he is re-elected.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#775372 Oct 17, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Ooooooops!
I guess you are stupid and didn't know the audience was undecided voters.
They know a crooked liar Romney from a mile away,
after having that jackazzzzz up their faces all night,
they were like: go back to the Cayman's!! Your breath stinks and you lie like a rug!
fred calls him a commie! It's open season: they are unemployed!!
Daddy's money oooooouuu daddy's money!
Romney: vote for me!! My tax rate will go from 13% to zero %!!!!
What an unpatriotic d ckhead!
JUST LIKE YOU?
HEY LAME POST: BETTER GET BUTTER
CAUSE ROMNEY IS TOAST!
LOL
LOL
LOL
<quoted text>
Undecided voters my hind parts! They were about as undecided as a hound dog staring at a steak wondering what to do with it.
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#775373 Oct 17, 2012
The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
That one guy on TV last night said that women only earn 72% of what a man earns. That other guy on TV agreed with him and did not dispute that fact. Try using google for a source and your printer to get this well known fact in print.
The poster to whom I was responding specifically mentioned the women being vetted for jobs in the Romney administration. My question was specific. Try to keep up.
notlocal

AOL

#775375 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That's women's work.
My husband of 6 years, raised 3 boys, ALONE, from ages 6 mos., 2 yrs and 4 yrs, into their late teens, early 20's. And worked full time in construction. I don't know how he did it.

Now, I make sure he has nothing he has to do at home.:-) He doesn't even have to set his own alarm clock.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#775377 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That's women's work.
Well as a stay at home dad who takes care of his children that shoots that theory down. It would be just like you to state the obvious knowing full well women do most of the childcare, home care, and are sick more than men because of plumbing problems.

in a city...

#775378 Oct 17, 2012
Topix is just way too cool for it's own good (sometimes) Topix's mark, stand at the line behind wait now wait till your turn arrives to be heard...

Yeah to have a Mormon wanting to run amongst and with so much Mormon Religion, will the Law be turned into total scriptual Biblical FACTS???

Can Bam's use some scriptual references to his if he had to it is now a political must that all members of Congress may be relitious...That would be a scare...

Anyway Ephesians that's a cool book...

We did not come etc.. to it's one scripture....

That be so much fun if Bams read that just for the heck of it, but we can't have too much fun now can't we...
notlocal

AOL

#775380 Oct 17, 2012
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster to whom I was responding specifically mentioned the women being vetted for jobs in the Romney administration. My question was specific. Try to keep up.
Well you vet ANYONE before you hire them. Try to get a job in construction for a compnay that does military work.

I hire for clerical and I vet and drug test every applicant before I hire them. 20 years ago, you didn't have to.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#775381 Oct 17, 2012
Thank you fox news reporting....

Eat me!
fetch almighty wrote:
Already, this guy is being called a terrorist, or a terrorist-’wannabe’ by the media, yet it took over 2 weeks to call the terrorists responsible for killing four Americans in Libya terrorists. Amazing how that works huh?
The terrorist wannabe parked a van filled with what he thought were explosives outside of the Liberty Street building, sources said, then tried to set them off using a cell phone detonator.
According to WABC-TV, Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, was arrested after he attempted to detonate a a van filled with what he thought to be explosives outside the fortress-like structure on Liberty Street. The suspect had been working on the plan with FBI agents he thought to be co-conspirators for months, according to the New York Post.
“This morning, after parking the van, he went to the Millennium Hotel near the World Trade Center, where he called the cell phone in the van,” according to the Post.“It did not explode, and he was arrested by Federal agents."

in a city...

#775382 Oct 17, 2012
sprint wrote:
<quoted text>your Obamaphone is getting disconnected on on Nov 6th
That's funny and who's on the other line...a two way..

Seems it's that Politiks strictly verses Religion to our doors are always open Policy...

What do they need Politiks for, aren't they feeding themselves amongst each other anyways, and to business in other ways...

in a city...

#775383 Oct 17, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well as a stay at home dad who takes care of his children that shoots that theory down. It would be just like you to state the obvious knowing full well women do most of the childcare, home care, and are sick more than men because of plumbing problems.
Is bitchiness now called constipation?
fred

Milford, CT

#775384 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, this aint the 1950's. Get with the times Flack!
The gender wage gap is based on the fact that women work less than men.

Hindenburg homer = soccer mom

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#775385 Oct 17, 2012
Almost time to go. Dang!!! I was really looking forward to all the excuses and finger pointing and stuff. What is really telling is all the normal (is there such a thing) libtards disappeared into the mist. Very telling indeed! Must be filling out their wills or heaven forbid a job application.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#775386 Oct 17, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's jobs plan goes along with his debt reduction and it so simple to understand, but the dems keep bringing up this mystical 5 trillion dollar BS that is not part of his agenda for America.
And, frankly, I don't think Romney states it well.
Becoming energy independent will immediately create jobs in all areas and they will be well paying. We will need five new oil refineries built.
When a construction worker is hired, 10 to 15 jobs are generated upwards. From his safety clothing to where he gets his morning coffee to the material he needs on the job, which spikes trucking and manufacturing, to all the clerical needs to support him and the architects, engineers and other techs that provide his plans. His wife is now working too, so daycares fill up and new ones are built.
Everything spirals up. Those wages go into the economy, more jobs are created, more manufacturing and the GDP grows.
Now the middle class tax rate can be dropped 20% without feeling it in the tax coffers. If you have 5 people working and paying $8.00 FWT, you are going to collect more than 3 people working and paying $10.00 FWT. Taxes to the worker are lower, but the country is collecting more tax revenue. But waht the worker is saving in taxes, they are spending back into the economy.
Additionally, you have people coming off assistance programs. No one wants to live on unemployment and food stamps. Those additional savings can be used to chip at the debt and improve programs like education.
Now you may think that unless you live where oil, coal or gas is located, you will not see the job grownth. No so. Manufacturing, communications, technology jobs will be created all over the country. Think of just the heavy equipment and maintenance on it that will be needed. And the clerical positions to support that.
Combined with energy independence, new trade agreements are going to really step up manufaturing and all of it's supporting jobs in every state.
Holding down the taxes and regulations on small businesses will allow many to stay open and not lay-off employees. Repealing Obamacare will do even more for unemployment.
No business in this country knows what their employer provided benefits are going to cost after 1/1/13. They won't hire.
We will safely join into the Keystone Pipeline within months.
FACT: The US coal reserves contain TWELVE TIMES as much energy as all of the oil in Saudi Arabia.
Being energy independent, along with the rapid growth of jobs and revenue will really give us a lift and a better world standing.
Romney told us early in he first debate, he is not worried about the wealthy. The wealthy are doing just fine. And they are.
His plan to cut 1040 tax deductions, if he does, is nothing to fear. I've looked at our last 10 years returns and we never had deductions of $25,000. It will virtually unchange the middle class tax return.
Romney is a job creator. Energy is the faster and most attractive way. You'll see savings not only at the pump, but in every product you buy. Every week I go to the grocery and just about every product I buy is 2 to 5 cents more expensive. But they all travel by truck so it's justified.
Obama has no plan, is flooding the market with $40 billion dollars money every month that we can not back up, so inflation by 2014 is going to be at an unseen high.
And his foreign policy has been from terrible to none at all.
I don't even think he likes America. We won't make it past 24 months if he is re-elected.
I understand the overall picture. However, having said, your numbers are skewed just like Romney's. You guys live in some kind of alternate reality. For every construction worker hired, you think it takes 10-15 other people to support that 1 person?

No wonder you follow what Romney is saying and the numbers add up for you. For people that are living in reality, they know better.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#775387 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening, ma'am.
We discussing your daughter?
Hey Demi, how many of these "fine folks" are you?
http://www.infowars.com/threats-to-assassinat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Uzi 68,799
dear abby 11-28 27 min PEllen 1
ask amy 11-28 29 min PEllen 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 48 min RJS 7,855
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 2 hr fukuda 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 180,954
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 70,627
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search