Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#775229 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of a budget is to set guidelines on spending & compare it to revenues. That is it.
Would you please tell that to the democrats because with the financial state this country is in, we need "guidelines"

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#775230 Oct 17, 2012
"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...,but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

And now, any of those who refuse, or are unable to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."

Ben Stein

"Stuff's gettin better"
fred

Milford, CT

#775231 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Uninformed. How are you so uninformed?
Democrats did not get a super majority until July of 2009 when Al Franken was sworn in.
They lost it August when Ted Kennedy dies.
They got it back in late September when Paul Kirk was sworn on.
They then lost it when Scott Brown was sworn in Feb 4th, 2010.
So Democrats held a super majority for 6 months, not 2 GD years.
You really need to get better informed because you keep making a jackass out yourself every GD day.
So the Kenyan and Reid couldn't sway one Republican senate vote between 2009 and 2010?

What horrible leaders. America deserves better.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#775232 Oct 17, 2012
flack wrote:
Must be a libtard talking points meeting going on.
Where ole where did the libtards go
Where ole where can they be?
Hasn't been this quiet on here since the mid-term elections. LOL!
I think the best part of the debate last night was when it was over and the candidates were "mingling" with the audience. Look at the stark difference in facial expression between the 2. Obama was PISSED! LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#775233 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of a budget is to set guidelines on spending & compare it to revenues. That is it.
It is not some magical entity that balances budgets.
I've been on Hospital board where every monthly meeting sat through the finance guy going department by department saying how x-ray was over budget because they did more x-rays than budgeted. Spent more took in more.
The State of Massachusetts was ranked number one in debt under Mitt Romney. Look up the numbers yourself. I mean certainly you have them, right? Or are you just talking out your butt again.
Romney did not improve the employment situation. Over his tenure, MA lost 40,000 jobs.
And really, you don't know Romney signed the Norquist pledge? Then STFU until you find out. How can you be for a candidate & be so uninformed.
If Romney had signed & kept that pledge prior to being governor, he never would have come close to balancing any budget. Romney Closed loopholes ( A norquist tax increase) & Increased Fees ( A norquist ta increase).
As President, Romney can not close a loophole to increase revenues unless he cuts revenues someplace else.
Romney was 47th in Job creation every year he was Gov.
So, What good is Romney's "solutions" he brags about in MA,when he can't employ them as President.
If you don't have a budget, you don't have a plan.... or a plan you want the American people to know about.
We haven't had a budget since Obama took office.

Give us the number for the debt of Mass before and after Romney. You obviously don't have the numbers and don't know what you're talking about. Talk about someone talking through their ass.... You talk, but you don't say anything.

I do recall while Mitt Romney was governor, my brother-in-law had to go to Boston to work construction because there wasn't enough people there to do the work that needed to be done. That just doesn't fit with what you claim.

What's wrong with not raising taxes?
.... well??????

So, what you're saying is, Romney balanced revenue with expenditure, right?
Isn't that the way government should be run?

What does closing a loophole have to do with cutting revenue? You're reaching here. Just babble there.

So, you're saying we don't even have any guidelines for spending and comparing that to revenue, right? Wouldn't you call that disfunctional?
Please tell us why we haven't even had a budget since Obama took office.
Please tell us why Obama submitted only 2 budgets to Congress in the 4 years he was supposed to submit a budget.
Please tell us why the sum total of Obama's only two budget proposals in the four years he's been golfing around the White House got a sum total of ZERO votes in Congress.

And, kindly explain to us how the government will be able to control spending if it is so disfunctional it can't even generate a budget when the president has a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House.

And you're trying to convince the country we need four more years of that....
fred

Milford, CT

#775234 Oct 17, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>There are already fast-tracks to citizenship out there for those who enlist...I personally know a couple for who became citizens posthumously.
fred knows. The unrestrained Kenyan will rule as a communist African dictator and unleash his hoodie mau muas to terrorize America

MEGAN MCARDLE: What Exactly Would Barack Obama Do With a Second Term? The president has done shockingly little to lay out his second term agenda.“
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#775235 Oct 17, 2012
Think I stated it for Creative Accolades?

I stated it because it's The Truth. I wouldn't choose to "go back" on The Truth.

Been riding alone for quite some time now, as you know.

I don't hitch my horse to anybody's wagon, but I will unite to fight a good cause.

People are like investments. They're either assests or liabilities. When they become the latter, drop 'em.

Please tell Frank:
Great Loving is like a Good Fight:
It should be like a small play but, played seriously and with passion.

TIA ... Until then, keep it ridin' on the razor's edge.
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO INDEED, WHO INDEED. ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO BE AN OUTLAW TOO? CAUSE THERE'S NO GOIN' BACK...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#775236 Oct 17, 2012
Bill Kristol: "...if Romney can't win the foreign policy debate, he probably won't win...."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deserve-v...
Mile

Burnley, UK

#775237 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Uninformed. How are you so uninformed?
Democrats did not get a super majority until July of 2009 when Al Franken was sworn in.
They lost it August when Ted Kennedy dies.
They got it back in late September when Paul Kirk was sworn on.
They then lost it when Scott Brown was sworn in Feb 4th, 2010.
So Democrats held a super majority for 6 months, not 2 GD years.
You really need to get better informed because you keep making a jackass out yourself every GD day.
How many house Democrats have voted "For" an Obama budget in the past 3 years?

Answer 0. Not even his own party backs his vision for the future.

No record to run on and no future to speak of, so all that's left is to falsely slander his opponent.

Some commander in chief! Only one choice this election season.

Romney/Ryan 2012
carol

Orlando, FL

#775238 Oct 17, 2012
By the way, Obama's crowing about the Lilly Ledbetter Act is just another of a long list of liberal ruses.

On his first day in office, President Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Act. The administration coined it the “Equal Pay for Equal Work” bill.

However, the law does not give fair pay for equal work, but rather extends the period of time that women are able to file a claim of wage discrimination. With each new paycheck, the six-month time frame for filing a lawsuit resets.

The Republican members opposed the bill primarily because of how it affects employers — and therefore job creation — and on the belief that, as a result of the new legislation, gender discrimination — and hence, not hiring — in the workplace would likely increase because employers would fear lawsuits from female workers.

The Obama Administration cites that full-time working American women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns and claim this is the ‘wage gap.’

HOWEVER...the statistic does not account for the number of hours per week women and men
work on average. To a considerable degree, the ‘gender wage gap’ is more a ‘gender hours gap.’

Men are more likely to work more hours while women are more likely to work less than 35 hours per week. In 2009, 66.6 percent of American workers working less than 35-hour workweeks were women.

The wage gap depends on the labor-force participation rate by women, which is a function of a number of variables, both personal and societal.

The Lilly Ledbetter Act provides a forum to air grievances that may or may not be related to wage differentials. However, it obscures the fact that differentials are due to choices.

As a piece of social legislation designed to improve women’s wages in comparison to men, THE LILLY LEDBETTER ACT IS MORE LIKELY TO RESULT IN FEWER EMPLOYED FEMALES because firms fear potential litigation, adverse publicity from such cases, and the amount of resources they would have to devote to defending themselves against such claims.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/20628/...

There's your liberal agenda at work again - causing more problems than solutions.

Looks like Republicans were on the right side of the issue - as usual.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#775239 Oct 17, 2012
Romney - "Mr. President, have you looked at your pension?"

Obama - ""You know, I haven't looked at my pension."

WTF? And he wants 4 more years? Who doesn't look at their pension?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#775240 Oct 17, 2012
It's almost a shame I've gotta run in and out the next couple hours. Watching this is almost as good as going to the circus.
Mile

Burnley, UK

#775241 Oct 17, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't have a budget, you don't have a plan.... or a plan you want the American people to know about.
We haven't had a budget since Obama took office.
Give us the number for the debt of Mass before and after Romney. You obviously don't have the numbers and don't know what you're talking about. Talk about someone talking through their ass.... You talk, but you don't say anything.
I do recall while Mitt Romney was governor, my brother-in-law had to go to Boston to work construction because there wasn't enough people there to do the work that needed to be done. That just doesn't fit with what you claim.
What's wrong with not raising taxes?
.... well??????
So, what you're saying is, Romney balanced revenue with expenditure, right?
Isn't that the way government should be run?
What does closing a loophole have to do with cutting revenue? You're reaching here. Just babble there.
So, you're saying we don't even have any guidelines for spending and comparing that to revenue, right? Wouldn't you call that disfunctional?
Please tell us why we haven't even had a budget since Obama took office.
Please tell us why Obama submitted only 2 budgets to Congress in the 4 years he was supposed to submit a budget.
Please tell us why the sum total of Obama's only two budget proposals in the four years he's been golfing around the White House got a sum total of ZERO votes in Congress.
And, kindly explain to us how the government will be able to control spending if it is so disfunctional it can't even generate a budget when the president has a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House.
And you're trying to convince the country we need four more years of that....
Fantastic post, well said Sir!
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#775243 Oct 17, 2012
President Obama debated like Ali boxed. A clear rout by President Obama over Governor Romney:
Obama Biden 2012.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#775244 Oct 17, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the best part of the debate last night was when it was over and the candidates were "mingling" with the audience. Look at the stark difference in facial expression between the 2. Obama was PISSED! LOL
Oh yeah! I noticed. He wanted out of that room. You can look at Michelle's face last night and the first debate night, she was scared crapless. She knew he was not going to do it.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#775246 Oct 17, 2012
WTF is wrong with you loony left wingers!?

"Despite numerous media outlets attempting to downplay the issue, Twitter exploded last night following the debate with new threats from Obama supporters to assassinate Mitt Romney if he defeats Obama in the presidential race."
THE DEBIL

Dallas, TX

#775247 Oct 17, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Think I stated it for Creative Accolades?
I stated it because it's The Truth. I wouldn't choose to "go back" on The Truth.
Been riding alone for quite some time now, as you know.
I don't hitch my horse to anybody's wagon, but I will unite to fight a good cause.
People are like investments. They're either assests or liabilities. When they become the latter, drop 'em.
Please tell Frank:
Great Loving is like a Good Fight:
It should be like a small play but, played seriously and with passion.
TIA ... Until then, keep it ridin' on the razor's edge.
<quoted text>
THAT'S WELL WRITTEN, FO' AN OUTLAW... PLUS IT NO FUN UNLESS IT DIRTY.(JUS' PLAYIN' OFF YOU INITIAL IMAGE...)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#775248 Oct 17, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yeah! I noticed. He wanted out of that room. You can look at Michelle's face last night and the first debate night, she was scared crapless. She knew he was not going to do it.
You can't properly debate someone you hate, emotions will get in the way. I believe Obama truly hates Romney.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#775250 Oct 17, 2012
Jim Stiller wrote:
The real question is Will the President join the the Muslim Brotherhood after his presidency is over in January
I predict that at some point down the road he converts to Islam.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#775251 Oct 17, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
How many house Democrats have voted "For" an Obama budget in the past 3 years?
Answer 0. Not even his own party backs his vision for the future.
No record to run on and no future to speak of, so all that's left is to falsely slander his opponent.
Some commander in chief! Only one choice this election season.
Romney/Ryan 2012
I know! I know the answer! Call on me, teacher!

... past 4 years. This year counts, too.))))

ZERO. That's NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH.

Every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is nutcase. He gets 99 percent of the black vote, and he can't get even one single solitary vote from the Congressional Black Caucus for either of the only 2 budgets he's submitted in 4 years.

Why do the Democrats put Obama on the ballot when every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is a nutcase?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 12-19 12 min RACE 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min jacques Ottawau 181,782
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 16 min Foster 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr rahul rana 98,839
Amy 12-19 1 hr RACE 4
9 inch kaa land 2 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,914
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 7:47PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
Bleacher Report 1:38 AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions