Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775089 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
Okay, look, I'm not naive. I know that even the plainest of things can't possibly get through to the Romney campaign and the conservative base. But hey, that's a good thing! The more time they spend in a tizzy over "act of terror" ≠ "act of terror," the longer they'll look like fools trying to politicize the deaths of Americans who died in the service of their country. Meanwhile, Barack Obama will continue to look like something Mitt Romney simply isn't: a president.
I just read the transcript of Obama's speech in the Rose Garden. He did refer to terrorism, but he did not say that it was a terrorist attack. He refered to religious intollerance, which would refer to the video because the video was against their religious leader. Now if he knew that it was a terrorist attack:

1) why did he then go on a talk show instead of dealing with the situation?
2) why did he then change the story to it being about a video?
3) why didn't he secure the crime scene and get people in there to investigate?
4) why did he allow his administration to continue to blame a video?

It's actually worse for him that he DID know that it was an act of terrorism and the only thing that he did about it was to invent a cover-up.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#775090 Oct 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
good point, have no proof...but I will tell you that in many companies women and minorities are not held to the same performance standards and are among the last to be laid off......
Again, I would like to see some proof. I would put that down as being unfair but maybe payback for a couple thousand years of male dominance. I think the white male is more apt to be promoted.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

#775095 Oct 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Meanwhile back at the ranch:
NEW YORK, N.Y.- A conservative scholar behind a high-grossing documentary film that condemns President Barack Obama is under investigation by the evangelical college he leads over a report he took a woman who is not his wife to an event on Christian values.
The King's College board announced the review on Tuesday, the day the conservative Christian newsmagazine WORLD reported event organizers had confronted Dinesh D'Souza about sharing a hotel room with a woman he introduced as his fiancee. D'Souza filed for divorce from his wife, Dixie D'Souza, a few days after the conference, California court records show.
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-evangelical-college-...
What percent of the parents are married in the black comunity , if you don't answer I will post the numbers for you , you are welcome .
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#775097 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon, chimp.
Bettter run. Chimps eat ants.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#775098 Oct 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, you know I have my fans!! Peppy is one of the only ones who is willing to discuss things, Carol too, unless she's off on a tangent! I like the newcomers though.
Hello Lily, would you care for some jelly beans? They're organic, I have broccoli, beet and arugula flavored.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#775099 Oct 17, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Obama pay his female employees less than his male employees?
Obama Job Description for Female applicants

-must be willing to go on national TV and LIE for Obama.-Rice, Cutter and Hilary
-must be willing to jump under the bus of requested by Obama -Hilary
-must be willing to do all this for less money then your male counterparts
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#775101 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I would like to see some proof. I would put that down as being unfair but maybe payback for a couple thousand years of male dominance. I think the white male is more apt to be promoted.
You have been rather grumpy lately Homer. Are you on that all fiber diet again?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#775103 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
I apologize profusely for my many instances of offensive language and boorish posts. It all started with too late toilet training and many instances of abuse in my childhood. Freud would have a field day. I can only hope I can be cured of Obamatitus. This condition prevents me from working and cripples my social life. The symptoms are similar to tourettes and also compel me to steal from others in order to give to Democrats
So, um, sweetie, it looks like you're not too good to crawl down in the sewer with the rest of the rats. In that case would you mind presenting rearwards before I bite your tail off?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#775104 Oct 17, 2012
Obama's earpiece and wireless tranmitter (Teleprompter light) worked well last night, but not good enough. It failed in the first debate.

Romney doesn't use one.

Why is Obama losing?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#775105 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I own bunch of stores, I invest in buildings, employees, merchandize that might or might not get sold & get taxed at the corporate rate of 35% on my profits.
Romney buys pieces of paper & pays 15% on those profits when he sells.
So yes, lets not encourage people to start businesses that actually makes a product & provides services. Lets instead reward the paper traders.
The CEO of Sears gets his salary taxed as in the top bracket.
Romney as CEO of Bain got taxed at 15%.
This is fair?
A home builder build a home & sells it for a profit that he would pay corporates rates. Others buy a home & resell it for more & pay 15%.
This is fair?
I have news. Unless that stock is purchased from that company, you are not investing in that company, they get nothing when you buy stock from outside sources.
I would like to see the link of when Romney was CEO at Bain that he was taxed 15%-link it up.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#775106 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Like gunner!
Butthead say what?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#775108 Oct 17, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read the transcript of Obama's speech in the Rose Garden. He did refer to terrorism, but he did not say that it was a terrorist attack. He refered to religious intollerance, which would refer to the video because the video was against their religious leader. Now if he knew that it was a terrorist attack:
1) why did he then go on a talk show instead of dealing with the situation?
2) why did he then change the story to it being about a video?
3) why didn't he secure the crime scene and get people in there to investigate?
4) why did he allow his administration to continue to blame a video?
It's actually worse for him that he DID know that it was an act of terrorism and the only thing that he did about it was to invent a cover-up.
I caught that too. Talking heads were arguing about semantics, but the voter watching went say what. OBama are you now saying it was act of terrorism w/in first 24 hours?

This is probably the truth that both Obama and the St Dept knew it was a terrorist attack within the first 24 hours.

Good question then is why did he LIE and blame it on a video for over a week?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#775111 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great, maybe someday the rest of the country will catch on. Homer all about the individual.
Homer is all about self adulation. Perhaps a smaller mirror is in order.

Hey by the way, I have been meaning to ask you, what's up with that Fidel Castro campaign sign in your front yard? All the neighbors are curious.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775113 Oct 17, 2012
<quoted text>
He doesn't
The President is a champion for women
Female employees in the Obama White House
make considerably less than their male
colleagues, records show.
According to the 2011 annual report on White
House staff, female employees earned a median
annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18
percent less than the median salary for male
employees ($71,000).
Calculating the median salary for each gender
required some assumptions to be made based
on the employee names. When unclear, every
effort was taken to determine the appropriate
gender.
The Obama campaign on Wednesday lashed out
at presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for
his failure to immediately endorse the Lilly
Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, a
controversial law enacted in 2009 that made it
easier to file discrimination lawsuits.
President Obama has frequently criticized the
gender pay gap, such as the one that exists in
White House.
“Paycheck discrimination hurts families who lose
out on badly needed income,” he said in a July
2010 statement .“And with so many families
depending on women’s wages, it hurts the
American economy as a whole.”
It is not known whether any female employees
at the White House have filed lawsuits under the
Ledbetter Act. Bonus!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#775115 Oct 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, they control the entire legislature here in Florida too, they get whatever they want.
That's what I said; take the money influence out of politics so they can do the work of the people.
No one needs an assault weapon that can rapid fire 30 rounds. The criminals outarm the police.
It is often said that guns, particularly assault rifles, are designed for one thing, and one thing only: to kill lots of people.

Assault rifles in the United States are failing miserably in this purpose. There are tens of millions of assault rifles in America. Because the definition of an assault rifle has been rather fuzzy, the number can be said to be anywhere from 10 million to 30 million. Of those, the AR-15 type is fairly common with numbers between 5 and 10 million.

The FBI murder statistics do not differentiate between types of rifles. There are about 100 million rifles in the United States. In 2009, the last year in which numbers have been reported, there were 13,636 murders. Guns were used to murder 9,146 people. Hands and feet were used to murder 801 people. Blunt objects were used to murder 611 people. Rifles were used to murder 348 people, and that is all rifles, of which assault rifles are only a small fraction. Assault rifles are used so infrequently in homicides that many police departments almost never see them; in 2009, there were nine states that did not have a single murder committed with any rifle.

So why is the left so intent on banning rifles that are the most suitable for militia use (clearly protected by the U.S. Constitution), when they are used so rarely in murder? Banning baseball bats would make more sense, yet would be nearly as senseless.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#775120 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Dave, all the rightwingers posting on here are millionaires.
Not Peppy. I live in a brown paper bag in the middle of the road. You highfaluten liberals never seem to get the facts straight.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#775122 Oct 17, 2012
overode is the proper term, sorry
Also the correct term for what Ann does to her horses--"Stop it! Just stop it. It's hard..."
Roofis wit da gold toofis

Hollywood, FL

#775126 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else get the feeling the fox minions got their marching orders.
Bwahahahaha.
No, only Dumfcks like you. Now Weezy, take off your bedroom slippers and get a job!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#775127 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Debil is a true warrior.
Trust me.
The baggers here will be chewing their limbs off to get away from him before long.
Debil's a fcuking joke. Granted, he can produce an impressive turd, but so can you. And as I said before, sh!t served with a silver spoon only impresses fellow sh!t-eaters. Sh!t in, sh!t out.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#775129 Oct 17, 2012
Carol wouldn't know that I have ALREADY called out the republicans for many of their hypocrisies for attributing vile behavior ONLY to democrats when they themselves are guilty of that very same behavior.

Hell, I fought with the entire thread at The Bates Motel over this! And am now proud to be considered An Outlaw!

And, yes, I am proud to be considered as such.

Not a republican. An Outlaw!!!! Lol!! ;
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me dumb carol but Yawkie is a proud republican.
She's just not insane like you baggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Sublime1 98,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]