Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#775069 Oct 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he's another member of the 1% club. Like Romney, out of touch with mainstream middle class America.
$60, 000 compared to a person trying to survive on minimum wage would be like living large.
Bah, most Republicans won't leave the house for less than 100K, they'll just live off their inheritance or sell some more property, dump some stock, or if in real dire straits sell some of their (gulp)gold.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775070 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Two people, same job, one male on female, same production. Where do you stand on equal pay for women?
our company requires new employees to agree, as a condition of employment, to be willing to accept temporary assignments and relocations, including overseas assignments....some might say this tends to discriminate against women.....what does Homer think???....
dem

United States

#775071 Oct 17, 2012
Okay, look, I'm not naive. I know that even the plainest of things can't possibly get through to the Romney campaign and the conservative base. But hey, that's a good thing! The more time they spend in a tizzy over "act of terror" ≠ "act of terror," the longer they'll look like fools trying to politicize the deaths of Americans who died in the service of their country. Meanwhile, Barack Obama will continue to look like something Mitt Romney simply isn't: a president.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#775072 Oct 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoo are you to say?
Haha
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775073 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Split hairs much you tea bag azzhole?
Just being honest.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#775074 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you ignored all the insulting rightwingers, who's left from the right side to debate with?
Well, you know I have my fans!! Peppy is one of the only ones who is willing to discuss things, Carol too, unless she's off on a tangent! I like the newcomers though.
dem

United States

#775075 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you picking on dem again? If you manage to have him removed from this thread Homer will never speak to you again.
Thanks homer.
Carol and her goonies are trying to hurt my feelings.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775076 Oct 17, 2012
<quoted text>
I guess he's another member of the 1% club. Like Romney, out of touch with mainstream middle class America.
$60, 000 compared to a person trying to survive on minimum wage would be like living large.
Why does Obama pay his female employees less than his male employees?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#775077 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you picking on dem again? If you manage to have him removed from this thread Homer will never speak to you again.
Me too, he's one of my faves! Makes me burst out laughing.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775078 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Show me proof of this 'businesses pay women and minorities more to attract them'
good point, have no proof...but I will tell you that in many companies women and minorities are not held to the same performance standards and are among the last to be laid off......
dem

United States

#775079 Oct 17, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Oh so funny, you shared it with co-workers. How dumb can you be? You just let everyone know you are getting paid at your work for posting BS on Topix. Not only here, but at your work!
He says that all the time.
He has no job.
And certainly no friends.
Just bluster from another tea bag stooge with an eighth grade education.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775080 Oct 17, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure. Just like Obama destroyed Al Queda. The only azzzed Obama kicked to the curb was the four dead American Patriots who were in the Libyan Embassy that were send home in caskets, dirtbagger.
Yup.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#775082 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
I think the Debils posts sent her over the edge.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#775083 Oct 17, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Obama pay his female employees less than his male employees?
He doesn't
The President is a champion for women
dem

United States

#775084 Oct 17, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Yo, Jimmy. What's up with the childish name calling? And, no. Obama is not changing policies. Romney, on the other hand, has hardly been consistent.
That's putting it mildly.
I'd say he's a fkn liar that will say anything to get his way.
Like most azzholes who never had a real job.
Anybody could buy a business, bankrupt it, fire all the workers, cancel their pensions, and move it to china.
All you need is the seed money.
He got that from his daddy, not working.
dem

United States

#775085 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you ignored all the insulting rightwingers, who's left from the right side to debate with?
Excellent point
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#775086 Oct 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
re-thinking your question....my response is that each person is judged as an individual, and gender is not a factor in salary...nor is there a need for equality of salary between any two employees even if they perform the same function....
Sounds great, maybe someday the rest of the country will catch on. Homer all about the individual.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#775087 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, most Republicans won't leave the house for less than 100K, they'll just live off their inheritance or sell some more property, dump some stock, or if in real dire straits sell some of their (gulp)gold.
the required skills and demands of some jobs are such that $100K is a minimum requirement....otherwise just get a government job, sit around all day, have a boatload of holidays, stay home when it snows, and collect a huge pension at early retirement....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#775088 Oct 17, 2012
<quoted text>
I think the Debils posts sent her over the edge.
I was just getting used to the Debil, we needed something fresh and new after Carmino Serrano left.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#775089 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
Okay, look, I'm not naive. I know that even the plainest of things can't possibly get through to the Romney campaign and the conservative base. But hey, that's a good thing! The more time they spend in a tizzy over "act of terror" ≠ "act of terror," the longer they'll look like fools trying to politicize the deaths of Americans who died in the service of their country. Meanwhile, Barack Obama will continue to look like something Mitt Romney simply isn't: a president.
I just read the transcript of Obama's speech in the Rose Garden. He did refer to terrorism, but he did not say that it was a terrorist attack. He refered to religious intollerance, which would refer to the video because the video was against their religious leader. Now if he knew that it was a terrorist attack:

1) why did he then go on a talk show instead of dealing with the situation?
2) why did he then change the story to it being about a video?
3) why didn't he secure the crime scene and get people in there to investigate?
4) why did he allow his administration to continue to blame a video?

It's actually worse for him that he DID know that it was an act of terrorism and the only thing that he did about it was to invent a cover-up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,851
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago