Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
718,581 - 718,600 of 1,084,111 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774674
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

9

Willard wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAH, YOU MEAN... LIKE THIS...
Debil senses the end, Obama gave him more inside information last night. Death throws can be ugly to watch, but not altogether unpleasant. Please continue.
Democrat

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774675
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Vote for Socialism, Vote for Obama!!!
Democrat

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774676
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Vote for the new America, the one we Democrats are ushering in.
Democrat

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774677
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Forget everything your father and grandfathers taught you, give in and vote Democrat.
Democrat

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774678
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There's no need to hide what we Democrats want any longer.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774679
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

11

11

11

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I did research how many jobs would be created by the Keystone XL and according to the Cornell University Global Labor Institute more jobs would be lost than gained.
www.ilr.cornell.edu/.../092811_GLI_study_find... ...
The pipeline itself wasn't the issue, it was the proposed route that would transect the Ogallala Aquifer that provides water for millions of residents in five states. Even the Republican governor of Nebraska was opposed to it. What nitwits like you seem to ignore is that oil from tar sands costs more to extract and refine and would in fact cause oil prices to go up.
You're an idiot.
You did research?

Baaaawwwwaaahhhhh!!!!

So did the other Joe the Plumber, but he knew which question to ask in the first place.

You are an idiot.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774681
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a repugnant right wing shill trying to stir the pot.
You're not fooling anyone you lying POS.
Applause!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774682
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mormon cult has been abusing young girls since the 1800's.
MITT RMONEY - MARRYING OFF YOUNG GIRLS
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - KEEPING OUR YOUNG GIRLS SAFE
You're whining about something that was RENOUNCED via state CONSTITUTIONAL proclamation --over a CENTURY AGO?
BIGOT MUCH?
YOUR IGNORANCE is Sickening!
----------
Mormons Officially Renounce Polygamy:‘1890 Manifesto’
he fate of Utah and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been inextricably linked ever since Brigham Young led a group of Mormon pioneers to Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847, to found a new community. They were fleeing the persecution that had plagued them everywhere they settled, first in Ohio and Missouri, and then most especially in their own Illinois community of Nauvoo—where their founding prophet, Joseph Smith, Jr., was assassinated by an angry mob after being imprisoned in Carthage, Il.

Utah was part of Mexico when the Mormons arrived, and it was so remote from both the U.S. and Mexico City that the Mormons believed they would finally be left alone. However, their new home became U.S. territory by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848 that ended the Mexican-American War. Utah Territory was created by the Compromise of 1850, and in the first 22 years after settling in the harsh conditions of their new home, the Mormon community grew as 70,000 believers joined them. Other pioneers came to Utah Territory as well, lured by the abundant land and rich mineral resources—especially silver.

By 1890, Utah had become the most populous and prosperous of the U.S. territories. Both Church members and non-members wanted to be admitted into the Union, but the U.S. opposed them because of the Mormon practice of polygamy, or plural marriage. A special federal investigation, called the “Utah Commission,” found evidence that polygamy was still being sanctioned by the Church in Utah. In response to this, on Sept. 24, 1890, Church President Wilford Woodruff wrote the “1890 Manifesto” to formally disavow polygamy and announce to the world that the Church did not condone the practice.

This manifesto effectively stymied opposition to Utah’s statehood. When the territory next applied it was accepted, and on Jan. 4, 1896, Utah was admitted into the Union as the 45th state.

P, Tony. Mormons Officially Renounce Polygamy:‘1890 Manifesto’. NEWSINHISTORY.com . 9/24/2012. last accessed 10/16/2012

While back in the REAL WORLD-----
'For This Espionage, Infidels Gave Her Awards & Rewards'.......

"For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies," the group said in a statement.

"We did not attack her for raising voice for education. We targeted her for opposing mujahedeen and their war. Shariah (Islamic law) says that even a child can be killed if he is propagating against Islam."

Over the weekend, conservative Pakistani politician Maulana Fazlur Rehman, who originally spoke out against the demonstrators, softened his stance, saying that he condemned the attack on "our daughter."

Ruters.'Spy of the West': Al-Qaida, Taliban struggle to justify attack on Pakistani teen. Rueters. 10/16/2012.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
EXPERIENCE with PROOF of it-FOR ALL of America again!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774683
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Democrat wrote:
There's no need to hide what we Democrats want any longer.
This nation can no longer afford, or tolerate any more of THAT ghetto gutterness.

This nation needs a return to some MORALITY--like people bieng LEGALLY married-to each other-BEFORE dropping litters into the world!
Because anything else-Does lack MORALITY!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774684
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Democrat wrote:
Vote for the new America, the one we Democrats are ushering in.
HRLL NO.

NO MO' GHETTO!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL Business Experience FOR AMERICA-not third world Against it!!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774685
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You're whining about something that was RENOUNCED via state CONSTITUTIONAL proclamation --over a CENTURY AGO?
BIGOT MUCH?
YOUR IGNORANCE is Sickening!
----------
Mormons Officially Renounce Polygamy:‘1890 Manifesto’
he fate of Utah and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been inextricably linked ever since Brigham Young led a group of Mormon pioneers to Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847, to found a new community. They were fleeing the persecution that had plagued them everywhere they settled, first in Ohio and Missouri, and then most especially in their own Illinois community of Nauvoo—where their founding prophet, Joseph Smith, Jr., was assassinated by an angry mob after being imprisoned in Carthage, Il.
Utah was part of Mexico when the Mormons arrived, and it was so remote from both the U.S. and Mexico City that the Mormons believed they would finally be left alone. However, their new home became U.S. territory by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848 that ended the Mexican-American War. Utah Territory was created by the Compromise of 1850, and in the first 22 years after settling in the harsh conditions of their new home, the Mormon community grew as 70,000 believers joined them. Other pioneers came to Utah Territory as well, lured by the abundant land and rich mineral resources—especially silver.
By 1890, Utah had become the most populous and prosperous of the U.S. territories. Both Church members and non-members wanted to be admitted into the Union, but the U.S. opposed them because of the Mormon practice of polygamy, or plural marriage. A special federal investigation, called the “Utah Commission,” found evidence that polygamy was still being sanctioned by the Church in Utah. In response to this, on Sept. 24, 1890, Church President Wilford Woodruff wrote the “1890 Manifesto” to formally disavow polygamy and announce to the world that the Church did not condone the practice.
This manifesto effectively stymied opposition to Utah’s statehood. When the territory next applied it was accepted, and on Jan. 4, 1896, Utah was admitted into the Union as the 45th state.
P, Tony. Mormons Officially Renounce Polygamy:‘1890 Manifesto’. NEWSINHISTORY.com . 9/24/2012. last accessed 10/16/2012
While back in the REAL WORLD-----
'For This Espionage, Infidels Gave Her Awards & Rewards'.......
"For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies," the group said in a statement.
"We did not attack her for raising voice for education. We targeted her for opposing mujahedeen and their war. Shariah (Islamic law) says that even a child can be killed if he is propagating against Islam."
Over the weekend, conservative Pakistani politician Maulana Fazlur Rehman, who originally spoke out against the demonstrators, softened his stance, saying that he condemned the attack on "our daughter."
Ruters.'Spy of the West': Al-Qaida, Taliban struggle to justify attack on Pakistani teen. Rueters. 10/16/2012.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
EXPERIENCE with PROOF of it-FOR ALL of America again!
He doesn't let facts stand in the way of his stupidity.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774686
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Gunner wrote:
President Peace Prize is firing up his drones.
Look out, Libya. The O is in high campaign mode.
This means a few civilians just may be collaterally damaged.
Gunner prefers killing soldiers in an invasion.

How man civilians have been killed in the Iraq War? The first six weeks got 7500 civilians killed.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774687
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

So who won the big debate?

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774688
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Paul Ryan on Today. I think I almost barfed looking at that loser weasel.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774689
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Check this out:

Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer.
/ Photo by Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty Images (CBS News) Brian Schweitzer, Montana's Democratic governor, invoked sensitive elements of Mitt Romney's family history Wednesday, noting in an interview with the Daily Beast that the presumptive Republican presidential candidate's "family came from a polygamy commune in Mexico."

The governor, who clarified that "I am not alleging by any stretch that Romney is a polygamist and approves of polygamy," and who did not explicitly criticize this element of Romney's history, was discussing the fact that the former Massachusetts governor's father was born in Mexico.


Schweitzer argued that it was not in Romney's interest to claim ties to the Hispanic community even though his father was born in Mexico because "then he'd have to talk about his family coming from a polygamy commune in Mexico." And women in America, he contended, are "not great fans of polygamy."

According to multiple accounts, including a report by the Boston Globe, Schweitzer's description of Romney's family history is accurate. Romney's father, George, was born in Mexico on a Mormon compound founded by his grandfather, Miles Park Romney, who had four wives. But neither George Romney nor his father (Mitt's grandfather) Gaskell Romney practiced polygamy.


Some conservatives are blasting Schweitzer's comment as inappropriate and irrelevant.


In the conservative magazine Commentary, writer Jonathan S. Tobin called Schweitzer's comments a "nasty piece of business" and "no more relevant to the 2012 campaign than an investigation into the marital practices of President Obama's ancestors in Kenya."


"Imagine if a Republican governor of an equally obscure state were to make comments about Obama's family tree," Tobin wrote. "The furor would be tremendous, and the incident would be treated in the mainstream media as emblematic of GOP racism."


Indeed, Mr. Obama's father also apparently practiced polygamy. According to the New York Times and other accounts, Mr. Obama's father had a wife in Kenya even while he was married to Mr. Obama's mother, Ann Dunham.


The Romney campaign did not respond to a request for comment, but the Obama campaign did send a statement to the Daily Beast arguing that targeting a candidate's religion is "out of bounds."

"Attacking a candidate's religion is out of bounds, and our campaign will not engage in it, and we don't think others should either," said Obama campaign spokesperson Lis Smith.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574178...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774690
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was funny when Obama accused Romney of being involved in producing drones for the Chinese government to "spy on its own people" when Obama has already ok'd using drones to spy on U.S. citizens on American soil. What a fooking hypocrite.
I thought it was the UTMOST in Hypocricy when Obama tried to blame Romney for Libya as being in essence politics as usual and he wouldn't have that for his folks.

REALLY??????????

But never MISSED a CAMPAIGN trail moment the very next day!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about disgraceful, disrespectful and disregarding of those "FOLKS" !!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Returning some Much needed INTEGRITY to America again!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774691
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Homer wrote:
So who won the big debate?
Who has what America REALLY needs?

STILL--

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
EXPERIENCE, ACCOUNTABILITY, willingness to WORK IN the OFFICE, FOR America, rather than campaign and/or run around, mud slinging, guttersniping and dividing against it!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774692
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RealDave wrote:
Paul Ryan on Today. I think I almost barfed looking at that loser weasel.
Translate-
Duh A Vey WISHES he had learned to do Math like RYAN has.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774693
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's fault, huh putz?
Clinton increased manufacturing jobs.

Bush lost 1/3rd of manufacturing jobs,

Obama is growing manufacturing jobs.

Yes, it is Bush's & the Republican's fault.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774694
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

bigbamboom wrote:
Obama cuts oil leases by 30% then lies about it.
Wake up, idiots.
Obama said nothing about leases.

He said oil production on federal lands has increased.

For Romney to ignore the BP oil spill's effect on leases is dishonest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-31 5 min Kuuipo 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Learn to Read 175,160
Abby 7-31 13 min Kuuipo 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 28 min truth 1,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min RACE 97,585
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Audit 3,853
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••