Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,922)

Showing posts 718,421 - 718,440 of1,071,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Post with source cited. You're welcome!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”
— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12
You failed to include the note below your quote

"(Note: we added this statement to the timeline after Josh Gerstein of Politico asserted that the phrasing acts of terror showed Obama acknowledged terrorism was behind the attack. From our many years of covering diplomacy we would say there is a world of difference, but readers can draw their own conclusions.)
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE IT!!
Mass. Senator John Kerry, Vietnam veteran and war hero, is commenting on all the lies that Rmoney told. By the way, he said Rmoney is getting killed in Mass. Nobody in Mass can stand him.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means Obama is so horrible that a person could do all those things and still be better!
who won debate ?
your opinion
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
CBS flash poll Obama 37 percent, Romney 30 percent, and 33 percent tied. A clear victory for President Obama over the Bully Romney.
Wasn't CBS the outlier the last time?
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

if you had landscape buisness with one broken down lawnmower and gave Romney a year ,he would have you with commercial accounts and a nursery
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Romney the coal advocate caught lying again.
On tape Romney caught calling coal plant killers.
Your Stupid !! I bet your a giant leech on society
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Let Romney lie all night.
dem still in panic mode.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Once again, Obama spoke longer than Romney, but Romney used more words than Obama.

That stuttering tripped him up again.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree! Libya was something that Obama did not lay to rest. We all know we heard about a video for 8 days. No knock out there.
I just read the transcript of Obama's speech in the Rose Garden. He did refer to terrorism, but he did not say that it was a terrorist attack. He refered to religious intollerance, which would refer to the video because the video was against their religious leader. Now if he knew that it was a terrorist attack:

1) why did he then go on a talk show instead of dealing with the situation?
2) why did he then change the story to it being about a video?
3) why didn't he secure the crime scene and get people in there to investigate?
4) why did he allow his administration to continue to blame a video?

It's actually worse for him that he DID know that it was an act of terrorism and the only thing that he did about it was to invent a cover-up.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
How many jobs did president nobama send to China? The solar panel jobs? The assembly jobs for government motors?
No answer expected, just more bullmanure.
Peace
KMA
Rmoney sent jobs to China by bankrupting American companies then robbing the pensions and depositing them in his numerous Cayman Island bank accounts.
GENERAL MOTORS IS ALIVE! OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Romney lost:
Mitt's quotes o the night:
Libya.......lost in the woods! "He did?" "He said that?" "Well ok......"
"They brought in women in binders." <----- WTF!
"Yes. I did change my mind."
Flip flop!
10th Paragraph of a 13 paragraph speech.

***No acts of terror*** will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Then for 14 days he blamed a video. So where does it say Libya was an act of terror. But one thing for sure we know the O'bama admin blamed the video. Susan Rice blamed the video 5 times in one day on Sunday shows.

O'bama lied and lied some more. WTH. Is the video the terrorist he was talking about. The American people heard it will their own lying eyes?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to include the note below your quote

"(Note: we added this statement to the timeline after Josh Gerstein of Politico asserted that the phrasing “acts of terror” showed Obama acknowledged “terrorism” was behind the attack. From our many years of covering diplomacy we would say there is a world of difference, but readers can draw their own conclusions.)
It remains a fact. Quoted from their Blog. You can delve further.
No to Obumber

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2012 wrote:
Preliminary CNN poll:
Who won the debate?
President Obama: 67%
Mitt Rmoney: 33%
The Commie News Network, bwahahahaha
Of course CNN jerks think Obozo won.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama gave more guns to Mexican drug cartels than he did the consulate staff in Benghazi.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
Once again, Obama spoke longer than Romney, but Romney used more words than Obama.
That stuttering tripped him up again.
The studdering and yelling CANDY CANDY like the two year old we know him to me. Mama
mama...help me out here.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that Romney did a little fund raising in China and other foreign countries? Of course,little here is located on a heavily skewed scale. If he accepted foreign money for his campaign, would he be ineligible to serve as POTUS if elected.
Also, if elected, would Romneys Presidential oath take precedent over his vow to obey Grover Norquists budget requirements? Or would that be another conflict of interests?
And then there are Romneys Tea Party obligations. Where would they fit in his grand scheme as POTUS?
These are questions that I hope he is asked at the debate this evening because it is important for voters to know exactly where Romneys loyalties lie and in their specific order of commitment.
So many back room (or has he calls them quiet room) deals, so little public information!
Well, two out of three aint bad (maybe all three depending on how inclusive Obama intended with his China challenges).
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama ruled by not letting Romney get away with his bait-and-switch strategy and somehow managed to do it without using the word liar.

Romney looked appropriately like a shamed school boy when Obama reprimanded him for politicizing the embassy attack while it was still in the acute stage.

And Candy rocks! What a pro!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

James Madison wrote:
if you had landscape buisness with one broken down lawnmower and gave Romney a year ,he would have you with commercial accounts and a nursery
He would bankrupt you, send your job to China and deposit your pension into one of his offshore bank accounts. He would give your lawnmower to the illegal Mexican who landscapes one of his many exclusive vacation homes.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

SEPTEMBER 19, 2012: White House Press Secretary Carney:We Have No Evidence Of A Preplanned Or Premeditated Attack.

You guys cannot wipe out what was stated for 8 days over a throw away comment that even WaPo questions as showing Obama says it was terrorist attack.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read the transcript of Obama's speech in the Rose Garden. He did refer to terrorism, but he did not say that it was a terrorist attack. He refered to religious intollerance, which would refer to the video because the video was against their religious leader. Now if he knew that it was a terrorist attack:
1) why did he then go on a talk show instead of dealing with the situation?
2) why did he then change the story to it being about a video?
3) why didn't he secure the crime scene and get people in there to investigate?
4) why did he allow his administration to continue to blame a video?
It's actually worse for him that he DID know that it was an act of terrorism and the only thing that he did about it was to invent a cover-up.
He got away with "tweeking" the truth about the Rose Garden comment tonight in this "soft format" debate - not so much next week when the debate will be focused entirely on foreign policy.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Maybe next time they could do a cage match! Awesome debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 718,421 - 718,440 of1,071,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min OzRitz 45,438
Amy 7-10 40 min Julie 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min HughBe 68,119
Abigail July 9 2014 53 min Julie 13
lawer matthew .scott .vanderpool i need (Jul '11) 1 hr freddy 19
Would you do me a favor please? 1 hr Asking Nicely 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 97,427
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••