Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262813 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Californian by choice

Sacramento, CA

#774827 Oct 17, 2012
We were in recession for months in Bush's ;ast term before the public came to terms with that fact. People think we are stupid and use whatever conditions they find to advance their political anbitions. I don't care that Willard Romney's dada would have been proud to see him as president. He never will be president of this country!

What more our recovery will be slow because the injection of infrastructure building has been twarted because politicians don't care about the country; but about who looks good and who looks bad. The funny thing is mirrows are tricky!!

The public could not and should not have spent us out of this recession because we needed to get a hold of our personal spending and credit indebtedness. We are all better off and will be better able to keep our heads above water because the disaster was managed in spite of Bonner and Mc Connell. They are the ones that should be fired and all the other people who we pay. They have refused to work in our best interest!
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#774828 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We went over this yesterday.
Massachusetts has long time ALREADY had a stable economy.
There's NO SUCH THING as "pie in the sky--good ship lollypop" economies.
How ever-Massachusetts is the ONLY state to have 98-NINETY EIGHT --percent healthcare coverage for EVERYone-NOT just some-thanks to ROMNEY...actually CARING about UNinsured people!(rather than just gitting himself more Oval office ego stroking time!!!!)
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL Business Experience for ALL of America-NOT just some!
Same thing that Obamacare is except even more extreme. MA mandates employers with more than 10 employees offer health care insurance to their employees or face stiff penalties. If a resident does not have insurance they will face a tax fine.

Obama adopted a very similar plan and Republicans are screaming that it's hurting job creation.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774829 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We went over this yesterday.
Massachusetts has long time ALREADY had a stable economy.
There's NO SUCH THING as "pie in the sky--good ship lollypop" economies.
How ever-Massachusetts is the ONLY state to have 98-NINETY EIGHT --percent healthcare coverage for EVERYone-NOT just some-thanks to ROMNEY...actually CARING about UNinsured people!(rather than just gitting himself more Oval office ego stroking time!!!!)
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL Business Experience for ALL of America-NOT just some!
Yes, Mass. Has a mandate! And everyone is insured! And it hasn't bankrupted the state! Imagine that?

Now, he's against his own plan! Stupid as hell

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#774830 Oct 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
When asked about gas prices, neither of them said that the reason was speculation. Only congress can pass a law prohibiting it, but that will probably never happen. As long as our elected officials have spend half of their time begging for money from corporations, it will be the people against the corporations. Take the money out of politics and then they can work for the people
speculators can only go with the information they have-the O'bama policies are causing high gas prices. Are you ticked that the speculators have pushed the price of Natural gas down to an all time low?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774831 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely NONE of your Business WORK-illiterate, ignorant, antagonisTIC, guttersnipe w/out virtue LOSERtic.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL EXPERIENCE
Does your job involve reading and writing? Tic tic tic, 3 seconds to meltdown
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#774832 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it was because he needed to try and cop A plan of anyone-bueller-anyone (rather than what is now NO PLAN) to call his own creation?
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
geez, i don't know dude. why do right wing whiners blame EVERYTHING on Obama?

Bueller....Bueller.....Bueller ......Bush?

i just figure it's because they're having trouble getting rid of all their Bush/Cheney 2004 coffee mugs. and let's not even get started about those tee shirts.

Quite the legacy.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774833 Oct 17, 2012
Californian by choice wrote:
We were in recession for months in Bush's ;ast term before the public came to terms with that fact. People think we are stupid and use whatever conditions they find to advance their political anbitions. I don't care that Willard Romney's dada would have been proud to see him as president. He never will be president of this country!
What more our recovery will be slow because the injection of infrastructure building has been twarted because politicians don't care about the country; but about who looks good and who looks bad. The funny thing is mirrows are tricky!!
The public could not and should not have spent us out of this recession because we needed to get a hold of our personal spending and credit indebtedness. We are all better off and will be better able to keep our heads above water because the disaster was managed in spite of Bonner and Mc Connell. They are the ones that should be fired and all the other people who we pay. They have refused to work in our best interest!
Totally agree
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#774834 Oct 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama challenged the math of Romney's tax plan. Romney fired back: "When we're talking about math that doesn't add up, how about $4 trillion of deficits over the last four years,$5 trillion?" We recently checked a related ad from American Crossroads that claimed Obama’s "spending drove us $5 trillion deeper in debt." Not all of the $5 trillion can be attributed to Obama's spending. More than half can be attributed to his tax cuts and the policies of President George W. Bush. We rated the ad's claim Half True.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
Homer has been saying this for years.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#774835 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Denture glue tester
You wish duhmmo.

Now I'm gonna tell youz a wittle story-bouts when I was growing up.

Muh dentist-he lived in a leeetle house...and had his one chair office in the front of it. His wife helped--you know, like the old mom and pop days...they were a team..for the good of their household and family.
Had a nice window, over looking his rural backlands--pretty, soft rolling hills...and he had a horse out in the pasture there.

He was a pretty decent guy-FAR FAR from "rich", just comfortable, able to pay the bills, feed his family and have a little left enough for a horse.

Took good care of the towns peoples teeth he did. Never tried to rob 'em just for the business of it. I prbably wasn't one of his favorites, because I was born blessed, with good, strong Canadian teeth.
My dentist now-he doens't like me either for it, cause I passed that GOOD genetic on!!

So, go suck an egg-moron lol.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#774836 Oct 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mass. Has a mandate! And everyone is insured! And it hasn't bankrupted the state! Imagine that?
Now, he's against his own plan! Stupid as hell
Because obammercare is NOT his plan!

And yes--you obotics--truly are stupid as hell!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#774837 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer-
On and @ the ignorant ghetto-guttersnipe level---
1. I had a decent job (even if it didn't pay much for the WORK I did) during ALL the Bush years. Then came O. No more job.
2.TWO THOUSAND other people have since lost their jobs as well. At LEAST 1/5-if not more-of the work force.
Sorry-NOT an O fan here.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
So Obama and his revenuers came and confiscated your still.

What month/year did you lose this so-called job?

You do know we were still losing hundreds of thousands of jobs due to Bush's failed policies well into Obama's administration? At least until the stimulis kicked in and stopped the bleeding.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774838 Oct 17, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Green Party Presidential Candidate Jill Stein Arrested Trying to Gain Access to Presidential Debate
http://theintelhub.com/2012/10/17/green-party...
I agree that a third party candidate should have been included

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#774840 Oct 17, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I am sooooo sleepy this morning, but it was worth it...to all those nuts I told (and told and told) that the president had said it was an act of terror the day after the attack, nanabooboo, stick you're head in poopoo. As clearly one who gets his info from Faux, Romney showed once and for all that he has no business in the White House unless he's with a tour group and well supervised.
ROTFLMAO-still sleepy I see. You didn't stay up long enough. Candy Crowley admitted O'bama lied: and she lied also;



and then Anderson Cooper said she lied. And here you are this morning lying for your lying O'bama hussein Barrack.

CANDY CANDY--O'bama cried like the baby he is.

Judged:

10

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774841 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Because obammercare is NOT his plan!
And yes--you obotics--truly are stupid as hell!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
It's the same plan, maybe even better.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#774843 Oct 17, 2012
Does anyone know what the solution you use to cure head lice is?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#774844 Oct 17, 2012
dem wrote:
Next debate on foreign policy?
Maybe Romney will cancel.
Oh let's hope not.

I was considering not watching the next one-simply because the "rock staw stage hollywierdness" CAMPAINING of it all has gotten beyond SICKENING.

(could you answer the QUESTION please-and STOP campaigning for TWO MINUTES)

But a debate on FP--WOULD be an actual ISSUE.

(would you answer the QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY please)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#774845 Oct 17, 2012
Anyway, Romney gets my vote, I don't care what anybody says. The world certainly doesn't need another negro in there, and what about Benghazi?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#774846 Oct 17, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO-still sleepy I see. You didn't stay up long enough. Candy Crowley admitted O'bama lied: and she lied also;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =athcyCTnTTsXX
and then Anderson Cooper said she lied. And here you are this morning lying for your lying O'bama hussein Barrack.
CANDY CANDY--O'bama cried like the baby he is.
He did act like a kid-puffed up at being questioned on actual issues- there a couple of times!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#774847 Oct 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has been saying this for years.
i know! right?!

Homer; the Topix sage.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#774848 Oct 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish duhmmo.
Now I'm gonna tell youz a wittle story-bouts when I was growing up.
Muh dentist-he lived in a leeetle house...and had his one chair office in the front of it. His wife helped--you know, like the old mom and pop days...they were a team..for the good of their household and family.
Had a nice window, over looking his rural backlands--pretty, soft rolling hills...and he had a horse out in the pasture there.
He was a pretty decent guy-FAR FAR from "rich", just comfortable, able to pay the bills, feed his family and have a little left enough for a horse.
Took good care of the towns peoples teeth he did. Never tried to rob 'em just for the business of it. I prbably wasn't one of his favorites, because I was born blessed, with good, strong Canadian teeth.
My dentist now-he doens't like me either for it, cause I passed that GOOD genetic on!!
So, go suck an egg-moron lol.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Prove it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min CrunchyBacon 100,274
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 7 min joey 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 194,401
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 6,254
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Archie 54,332
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Amy 7-29-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages