Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232661 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

krissy

Tacoma, WA

#774408 Oct 16, 2012
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/in-heate...

Obama Challenges Romney To “Read The Transcript”— And Here It Is

A tense moment at tonight's debate about Obama's Rose Garden comments after the killing of a U.S. ambassador.

posted Oct 16, 2012 10:43pm EDT

Chris Geidner BuzzFeed Staff
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#774409 Oct 16, 2012
James Madison wrote:
Illegal immigrates, i call them Illegal Aliens.
Study the 2 words
Illegal - not with in the law of the land
immigrant - swimming across th rio grand
their breaking the law,if you are for illegals
then go to mexico and break the law and see what happens to you !!
Romney's will send their asses back to mexico
Obama gives the illegals license ,to vote for him
Obama is total scum ,buying an illegals vote
Rmoney will not send them anywhere. He needs their cheap labor to increase his corporate profits.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#774411 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you just wish that were true, Enoch
Instead it's over for Romney.
Think you will live to see another republican president?
I don't.
You're that pervert who keeps changing his name.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774413 Oct 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
That exchange on Libya was Romney's Gerald Ford moment. He was lost and not presidential at all.
—@politicalwire via Twitter for Mac
I disagree! Libya was something that Obama did not lay to rest. We all know we heard about a video for 8 days. No knock out there.
realist

Orange Park, FL

#774415 Oct 16, 2012
It is clear.

It is obvious.

Romney won the debate in a shellacking.

Obama is fizzling out faster than occupy wall street without labor union ornaizing or funding.

Actually, Obama is fizzling out faster than occupy wall street WITH union money, infrastructure and organizing.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774417 Oct 16, 2012
krissy wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisg eidner/in-heated-libya-exchang e-obama-challenges-romney#HTWF 2
Obama Challenges Romney To “Read The Transcript”— And Here It Is
A tense moment at tonight's debate about Obama's Rose Garden comments after the killing of a U.S. ambassador.
posted Oct 16, 2012 10:43pm EDT
Chris Geidner BuzzFeed Staff
A throw away at the end after devoting majority of speech to a video and continuing to talk about video for 8 days. We all remember Obama, Clinton and Rice talking about the video. St Dept knew there was NO video protest after first 24 hours. This little dispute does not erase this all from American's memories.

Nice try though :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#774419 Oct 16, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Where? Full transcript.
I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.
Post with source cited. You're welcome!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”
— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12

Location hidden

#774420 Oct 16, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Romney lost:
Mitt's quotes o the night:

Libya.......lost in the woods! "He did?" "He said that?" "Well ok......"

"They brought in women in binders." <----- WTF!

"Yes. I did change my mind."

Flip flop!
Women in binders. I guess if you have to keep track of multiple wives......
Wow

Bethlehem, PA

#774421 Oct 16, 2012
Obama is by far the winner. Couldn't help but laugh at Romney - pathetic. Obama/Biden!

Location hidden

#774422 Oct 16, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Preliminary CNN poll:
Who won the debate?
President Obama: 67%
Mitt Rmoney: 33%
I LOVE IT!!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774424 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is what a true republican thinks.
Thank you.
Took courage for a pussscceee like you to say that huh ?
Most racist imbeciles try to hide their warts. Not you, gunner
No, it means Obama is so horrible that a person could do all those things and still be better!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#774425 Oct 16, 2012
CBS flash poll Obama 37 percent, Romney 30 percent, and 33 percent tied. A clear victory for President Obama over the Bully Romney.
dem

Chicago, IL

#774426 Oct 16, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means Obama is so horrible that a person could do all those things and still be better!
hee hee hee.

this is what baggers smell like when scared?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774427 Oct 16, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Post with source cited. You're welcome!
“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”
— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12
You failed to include the note below your quote

"(Note: we added this statement to the timeline after Josh Gerstein of Politico asserted that the phrasing “acts of terror” showed Obama acknowledged “terrorism” was behind the attack. From our many years of covering diplomacy we would say there is a world of difference, but readers can draw their own conclusions.)
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#774428 Oct 16, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE IT!!
Mass. Senator John Kerry, Vietnam veteran and war hero, is commenting on all the lies that Rmoney told. By the way, he said Rmoney is getting killed in Mass. Nobody in Mass can stand him.
dem

Chicago, IL

#774429 Oct 16, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
who won debate ?
your opinion
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774430 Oct 16, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
CBS flash poll Obama 37 percent, Romney 30 percent, and 33 percent tied. A clear victory for President Obama over the Bully Romney.
Wasn't CBS the outlier the last time?
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

#774431 Oct 16, 2012
if you had landscape buisness with one broken down lawnmower and gave Romney a year ,he would have you with commercial accounts and a nursery
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

#774433 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
Romney the coal advocate caught lying again.
On tape Romney caught calling coal plant killers.
Your Stupid !! I bet your a giant leech on society
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#774434 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Let Romney lie all night.
dem still in panic mode.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Learn to Read 189,862
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min Michael Satterfield 99,538
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Trey LaTrache 53,489
abby 5-25-15 1 hr RACE 2
amy 5-25-15 1 hr RACE 2
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 2 hr luvingmygirls 400
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,019
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]