Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773830 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you read what you type? By' do the right thing' does that mean give it away to slackers? Another libtard that thinks rich people keep all that money in a vault in the basement. Has to be the schools.
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that? Let me ask a question that may give you more of an idea of what I am trying to say. Why do you think that the trickle down economics didn't work when in theory it should have?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773831 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It is still a collective view which is not the case. Like 'We are the Borg'. We are individuals not a collective. There is no total wealth of the country.
We measure the growth in wealth. Are you saying we can't do this?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773832 Oct 16, 2012
The President's Budget for Fiscal Year 2013
We now face a make-or-break moment for the middle class and those trying to reach it...still fighting to recover, it is time to construct an economy that is built to last.
The President’s 2013 Budget is built around the idea that our country does best when everyone gets a fair shot, does their fair share, and plays by the same rules. We must transform our economy from one focused on speculating, spending, and borrowing to one constructed on the solid foundation of educating, innovating, and building. That begins with putting the Nation on a path to living within our means – by cutting wasteful spending, asking all Americans to shoulder their fair share, and making tough choices on some things we cannot afford, while keeping the investments we need to grow the economy and create jobs. The Budget targets scarce federal resources to the areas critical to growing the economy and restoring middle-class security: education and skills for American workers, innovation and research and development, clean energy, and infrastructure.
The Budget is a blueprint for how we can rebuild an economy where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget
==========
FDsys > Search Results
SEARCH RESULTS
FY 2006
Results 1 - 4 of 4 Sort by:
H. Doc. 109-120 - A REQUEST FOR A FY 2006 FULLY OFFSET PROPOSAL TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR THE INFORMATION...[PDF 141 KB]
Congressional Documents. 109th Congress. Committee on Appropriations. Executive Communication from George W. Bush. Thursday, June 29, 2006.
A REQUEST FOR A FY 2006 FULLY OFFSET PROPOSAL TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ACCOUNT WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS... More Information
H. Doc. 109-124 - WITHDRAWAL FOR A REQUEST FOR FY 2006 BUDGET AMENDMENTS [PDF 116 KB]
Congressional Documents. 109th Congress. Committee on Appropriations. Tuesday, July 18, 2006.
WITHDRAWAL OF THE REQUEST FOR A FY 2006 FULLY OFFSET PROPOSAL TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ACCOUNT WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS... More Information
H. Doc. 109-111 - REQUESTS FOR FY 2006 BUDGET AMENDMENTS [PDF 100 KB]
Congressional Documents. 109th Congress. Committee on Appropriations. Executive Communication from George W. Bush. Thursday, May 18, 2006.
REQUESTS FOR FY 2006 SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR THE DEPARTMENTS OF DEFENSE, JUSTICE, AND HOMELAND... More Information
H. Doc. 109-99 - REQUEST FOR FY 2006 BUDGET AMENDMENTS [PDF 79 KB]
Congressional Documents. 109th Congress. Committee on Appropriations. Executive Communication from George W. Bush. Wednesday, April 26, 2006.
A REQUEST FOR FY 2006 BUDGET AMENDMENTS FOR THE ARMY CORP OF... More Information
Results 1 - 4 of 4 Sort by:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/searchresults...
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/pagedetails.a...
FDsys > Search Results
SEARCH RESULTS
FY 2013
Results 1 - 1 of 1 Sort by:
H. Doc. 112-99 - REQUESTS FOR FY 2013 BUDGET AMENDMENTS [PDF 83 KB]
Congressional Documents. 112th Congress. Committee on Appropriations. Executive Communication from Barack H. Obama. Monday, April 23, 2012.
FY 2013 BUDGET AMENDMENTS FOR THE DEPARTMENTS OF DEFENSE, HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, HOMELAND SECURITY, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, STATE AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS, AS WELL AS THE CORPS OF... More Information
==========
Somewhat of a "difference" ...
I 'wonder' why ???
Ohhh ... could it be, because he doesn't NEED one, so Harry Reid SAID !!!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773833 Oct 16, 2012
"The Benghazi security debate is really a proxy for something larger anyway. Republicans don’t argue that Obama was somehow indifferent or incompetent when it came to protecting Chris Stevens. They say that the Libya attack illustrated the “unraveling” of Obama’s larger foreign policy. As Joe explains well, that thesis doesn’t make much sense either.

But all that may be beside the point. At his infamous “47%” fundraiser, Romney assured a concerned donor that if a foreign policy crisis emerged late in the campaign,“I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.” And so he has."
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773834 Oct 16, 2012
Yes captain wrote:
<quoted text>What we have here is the liberals failure to communicate.All liberals can't be reached, so we have here what we had previous elections ,a Republican winning .America wants it so they get it.
will Romney unlike Obama, NOT push the US into being another ordinary UN zombie state? will Romney not go along with the Internet Tax being pushed by the UN? is Hillary against it?

US ambassador: Internet fee proposal gaining momentum
By Brendan Sasso - 10/13/12 06:00 AM ET

Tweet U.S. Ambassador Terry Kramer warned on Friday that a proposal to give a United Nations agency more control over the Internet is gaining momentum in other countries.

Proposals to expand the U.N.'s International Telecommunications Union's (ITU) authority over the Internet could come up at a treaty conference in Dubai in December. European telecommunications companies are pushing a plan that would create new rules that would allow them to charge more to carry international traffic.

The proposal by the European Telecommunications Network Operators' Association could force websites like Google, Facebook and Netflix to pay fees to network operators around the world.

Kramer said the idea of an international Internet fee is "gaining more interest in the African states and also in the Arab states."

He said the United States delegation to the conference will have to redouble its efforts to convince other countries that the proposal would only stifle innovation and economic growth.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/tech...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773835 Oct 16, 2012
Home » News
Hoyer:‘The Fact Is You Don’t Need a Budget’

( CNSNews.com )– House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said that Congress does not need an official federal budget because it can just adopt appropriations bills and authorization policies as needed to keep operating.
At a briefing with journalists on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Hoyer was asked,“Mr. Hoyer, around the same time of the State of the Union [on Jan. 24], I think it was the same day, Republicans were trying to hit Senate Democrats for 1,000 days without passing a budget, and then you talk about this milestone today, 400 days without a jobs bill in the Republican House. But then on Friday [Democratic Senator Harry] Reid said that he didn’t think they needed to bring a budget to the floor this year [and that] the Budget Control Act can serve as a guideline.”

Hoyer said:“What does the budget do? The budget does one thing and really only one thing: It sets the parameters of spending and discretionary caps. Other than that, the Appropriations committee are not bound by the Budget committee’s priorities.”

Last Friday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), referencing the last debt ceiling deal, said,“We do not need to bring a budget to the floor this year. It’s done, we don’t need to do it.”

Concerning Reid’s remarks, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) said in a statement,“It’s been more than 1,000 days since Senate Democrats have offered a budget plan to the American people. Now, once again, the Senate’s ineffectual Democrat majority balks at the task of leadership.…

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/hoyer-fact-yo...
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773836 Oct 16, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
They like to ignore that.
Demonbrat ignore anything that has to do with telling the truth, hun. They rather climb a tree and tell a lie, than to stand on the ground and tell the truth. Look how hard it was for Clinton to tell the truth about his affair, and Obama about his birth paper.
Look at how both mean acted about it too. One pointed his finger at us madly and lied, while the other one ran a kids cartoon video of his birth. LOL

..and you guys want a vote again for the Demonbrats. Ok, go on, but don't blame problems on Bush for the next 4 years. Blame your own stupid lame ass self. After all, you were stupid enough to vote him back in office.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773837 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, West Virginia University is surely better than almost any other school in Appalachia. You can't be much more of a slacker than the two boneheads in your avatar with the flag. It's like, how incredibly stupid can a moron be? These clowns have been doing their "heroic" work for 12 years and they still can't win any damn thing but the prize for pissing away 5 trillion dollars. Hahahahahahah. Well, I guess I'm just like the next girl and have slipped out flaccid after the fact many times, but I just never managed to slip in flaccid. I guess it can be done? But why would you want to? Like fishing with no hook. Stick to deer hunting, it's something you can do in a few hours and still get back to the trailer in time to watch the game.
great classy as usual post by dem.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773838 Oct 16, 2012
Mean? LOL I mean men
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773839 Oct 16, 2012
Obama uses women to lie for him and when the lie is exposed he let's them take the fall. Benghazi fall girls: Hillary, Susan & Stephanie.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773840 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach y'all to spel like that at West Virginia U?
dem learned to spell in chicago. O' bammy was his affirmative action professor.
Romney is a Moron

Lenoir, NC

#773841 Oct 16, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha, you quote Obama's website to defend Obama's policies?????
I didn't quote anyone's website or policies. I posted a link so uneducated people can learn the truth about policies that affect their life.

Hahahaha, you don't like Obama and HE is YOUR President, HaHa and Obama will be YOUR president for the next four years too. Then it will be Hillary Clinton.

Just so you will know, your state of Pennsylvania in 2008 voted overwhelmingly for Obama and will do so again in 2012. If you need a web link so you can educate yourself, i will post one for you.

HaHaHa

vote NO on Romney ....... Romney = Bush #2

Go Vote Obama

Jane Says

New York, NY

#773843 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that?
I don't know? Maybe because the boss told them to? What do you think?

"Jesus said to him,“If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give it to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”"
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773844 Oct 16, 2012
Jesus H Flynt Esquire wrote:
How many Tea Bagger have had scrotum dipped in their mouth today?Open up and say Ahhhhhh.
dem's sister posts too

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#773845 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that? Let me ask a question that may give you more of an idea of what I am trying to say. Why do you think that the trickle down economics didn't work when in theory it should have?
It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.

Newville, PA

#773846 Oct 16, 2012
This is the Republican way:

1) "OMG the f*cking unions are killing this country by wanting to get paid more money & making our products more expensive"

2) "OMG the slacker irresponsible POS doesn't make enough to pay federal income tax."

The right whiners evidently don't know these things are related.

"OMG if we raise the minimum wage it will drive businesses to bankruptcy!"

A family of 4 with both parents working full time minimum wage jobs would not pay federal income tax.

I know most of the right whiners posting here are middle class or poorer. Yet they support policies that make the rich richer & shrink the middle class.

We were a stronger country when we had a stronger middle class.

Obama is right. Rebuild this country by rebuilding the middle class.

Newville, PA

#773847 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
"The Benghazi security debate is really a proxy for something larger anyway. Republicans don’t argue that Obama was somehow indifferent or incompetent when it came to protecting Chris Stevens. They say that the Libya attack illustrated the “unraveling” of Obama’s larger foreign policy. As Joe explains well, that thesis doesn’t make much sense either.
But all that may be beside the point. At his infamous “47%” fundraiser, Romney assured a concerned donor that if a foreign policy crisis emerged late in the campaign,“I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.” And so he has."
So you admit Romney is playing politics over the dead ambassador's body?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#773848 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We measure the growth in wealth. Are you saying we can't do this?
Sure as long as you don't imply it belongs to the country. It doesn't.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773849 Oct 16, 2012
The Good news is if Romney is lying about his dedication for the middle class, we can through his butt out in 4 years.

Obama has already had his 4 years to implement his promises and we got anti-Christian radical Pro-homosexual agenda and the virtual destruction of quality healthcare.

He had all of the first two years and what did we get?

No advancement of the economy no, we just got our debt doubled and that's before we start paying for Obama Care!

No immigration reform,just thousands of Mexican people murdered with guns Obama gave them!

And the whole time Obama has lied through his teeth about his administration! All of it, I am not sure we can actually believe Bin Laden is dead! What because David Axerod or Stephanie Cutter says so? PLEASE!
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The total wealth of our country.
A term to describe all the net worth of our citizens
What, America is not your country?
If the wealthy own so much of the wealth, why do you insist that we give them more?
Romney will slash their rte by 7 percentage points. Most midle class Americans will cut 3 percentage points.
Yep, That's fair
If you will bring up the closing of loopholes & elimination of deductions, please list what these are.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#773850 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil it has worked Reagan, Clinton, JFK, now show me where trickle up has Worked!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 1 hr ChicagOpinion 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 182,028
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 8 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 9 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web