Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263857 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#773910 Oct 16, 2012
Romney is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans in Virginia ????
Just so you will know in 2008 the state of Virginia, your state, voted overwhelmingly for Obama. Virginia is a Democrat state and will vote Obama again.
If your a Republican in V.A. and vote romney, the outcome will be like you didn't even vote at all. How does that make you feel?
roMNey - what a joke
I understand your desperation and shame, the whole rEpublIcan party is a joke too.
agreed!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773911 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Besides he WAS just visiting his factory in the DR, so why would he see that as ridicule? If the shoe fits...
This Saul guy doesn't like anything.
How long have you been a disciple of his?
You are clueless
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#773913 Oct 16, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Romney did not earn his money as a businessman--he was/is a banker. The catchphrase "You didn't build that" would certainly apply to him...it's more a "You didn't build that; you leveraged it; mortgaged it; bankrupted it, and were paid for every single action." (You think Bernie Madoff is bitter?)
Rmoney earned his money the old fashioned way. He inherited it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#773914 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt Frank Davis is passing anyone on the street.
So everyone in Chicago is a communist. Good to know.
Saul Alinsky rule number 5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule."

By the way, how about posting the time line of Frank Marshal Davis working in communist front organizations with Vernon Jarrett in Chicago, organizing the Communist Party USA in Hawaii, meeting Obama's father and mother through the Communist Party USA, mentoring Obama, Obama going to Chicago and being a protege of William Ayers, and Vallerie Jarrett having the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office today.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773915 Oct 16, 2012
UNREAL

Taliban is complaining about the unfavorable press coverage they are getting after shooting a 14 year old in the head.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#773916 Oct 16, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, KKKavity. Wondered when you would finally, fully announce your stolen valor self. Swell, huh? Those light treatments for the psoriasis not workin' for you? How's the wife enjoying her retirement? Alone?
Listen, Marie Osmond we all know you have a baby and things are tough out there and you are probably seeing things again. But get some help. You are losing it on line, this is no laughing matter.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#773917 Oct 16, 2012
The United Nations Agenda 21

http://whatisagenda21.net/iclei.htm
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773919 Oct 16, 2012
Romney is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans in Virginia ????
Just so you will know in 2008 the state of Virginia, your state, voted overwhelmingly for Obama. Virginia is a Democrat state and will vote Obama again.
If your a Republican in V.A. and vote romney, the outcome will be like you didn't even vote at all. How does that make you feel?
roMNey - what a joke
I understand your desperation and shame, the whole rEpublIcan party is a joke too.
No shit! That is because the blacks came out of the wood work to get their black President into office. Didn't vote on how well the man would do as President, just wanted their black President. I never seen so many blacks in one place in all my life. I am not being racist here. I heard when I took my kid to school, when Obama won. As the white kids walked pass them, they said very smartly..'WE GOT OUR BLACK PRESIDENT". Not I am so happy Obama won, or yahoo Obama won! Which proves to me that their parents voted for skin color, and did'nt base it on how well they think he would do when he takes office.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#773921 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
JESUS would take from the rich and give to the poor
Very true. Jesus and President Obama have much in common.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#773922 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
JESUS would have free healthcare for everyone
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#773923 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fck Saul Alinsky, shouldn't you be working on your manifesto?
Naw, we are Democrats when it comes to that school work. He'll just copy yours.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773924 Oct 16, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The fault is at the WH. Uncertainty about regulations, taxes and the effects of Obamacare has stifled growth.
So trickle down does or doesn't work?

Uncertainty about regulations, taxes and Obamacare? What regulations are businesses worried about? Taxes are the lower then they've been in the past for businesses (we actually see record growth and earnings when taxes are high - but OK whatever). Obamacare? Most businesses that employ more than 50 people already offer insurance so the new laws wouldn't effect any of them. Businesses less than 50 don't even have to worry about it. So what are they so scared of.

I ask again, why isn't trickle down working?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#773925 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>and teach a man to fish rather than giving him food stamps
People can't fish anymore because the Republican owned giant corporations have polluted our rivers and streams to the point where seafood is no longer safe to eat.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#773926 Oct 16, 2012
REPUBLICANS FOR USA wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit! That is because the blacks came out of the wood work to get their black President into office. Didn't vote on how well the man would do as President, just wanted their black President. I never seen so many blacks in one place in all my life. I am not being racist here. I heard when I took my kid to school, when Obama won. As the white kids walked pass them, they said very smartly..'WE GOT OUR BLACK PRESIDENT". Not I am so happy Obama won, or yahoo Obama won! Which proves to me that their parents voted for skin color, and did'nt base it on how well they think he would do when he takes office.
Don't pay any attention to what the Moonbats say...

President Mitt Romney now has a two-point lead in Virginia.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Virginia Voters shows Romney with 49% of the vote, while President Axlerod earns 47% support.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773927 Oct 16, 2012
Hey Obama Moron.. Your guy as President acting like he did at the WH dinner party didn;t make you ashame that you voted for the man, than you are more of a joke than your preident is.

I mean come on.. all that shit over just showing a birth paper. I think I would rather had shown it from the get go, and not make a fool out of myself as the President USA at was to be a high class dinner party. Look more like daycare for the morons than a WH dinner party.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773928 Oct 16, 2012
Stefanie frantically making unsolicited calls to reporters.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#773929 Oct 16, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? About the only thing I can think of in the physical sense is they both are history.

Did Jesus have a teleprompter, hook nose and huge elephant ears too?
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773930 Oct 16, 2012
REPUBLICANS FOR USA wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that white people don't ever vote based on skin color?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773931 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So trickle down does or doesn't work?
Uncertainty about regulations, taxes and Obamacare? What regulations are businesses worried about? Taxes are the lower then they've been in the past for businesses (we actually see record growth and earnings when taxes are high - but OK whatever). Obamacare? Most businesses that employ more than 50 people already offer insurance so the new laws wouldn't effect any of them. Businesses less than 50 don't even have to worry about it. So what are they so scared of.
I ask again, why isn't trickle down working?
I listed for you the reasons stated by companies why they are not expanding/hiring.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773932 Oct 16, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pay any attention to what the Moonbats say...
President Mitt Romney now has a two-point lead in Virginia.
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Virginia Voters shows Romney with 49% of the vote, while President Axlerod earns 47% support.
The whole truth about his plan hasn't come out yet. Based on the little information he provided - nothing adds up with Romney...NOTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how many people think louis farrakhan is an idiot (Mar '11) 10 min reality is a crutch 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,552
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 5 hr VeganTiger 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 10 hr Julie 6
abby7-31-15 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages