Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250581 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#773850 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that? Let me ask a question that may give you more of an idea of what I am trying to say. Why do you think that the trickle down economics didn't work when in theory it should have?
Phil it has worked Reagan, Clinton, JFK, now show me where trickle up has Worked!!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773851 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.
We were on the path to psying down the debt in 2001 when Bush took office.

The idea that you will vote Republican proves you are a hypocrite.

You talking about debt & voting for Ryan is just too f*cking ridiculous.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773852 Oct 16, 2012
Let me help you out there Sticky Britches, The view points of "THE FRC OR FAMILY RESEARCH CENTER are accepted view points of not only Christians but normal people of any faith!

No normal person thinks it's acceptable to eat feces!

No normal person thinks it's acceptable to molest children!

No normal persons thinks that being the source of a disease that has killed millions and the primary source for it's continued spreading is acceptable!

Not to mention the highest rate of syphilis, herpes, hepatitis, anal cancer and various parasites from feces eating.

I take that back, nobody but the Democrats think that's normal.

Glad to have cleared that up for you!
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Who cares what paranoid Luke wrote.
Homosexuals attacked no one. They have been attacked by Family Research council and the born again evangelicals. Homosexuals were excluded from Boy Scouts in the 1980s and now Boy Scouts are infested with Christian pedophiles.
Show us proof of these allegations you make about homosexuals.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773853 Oct 16, 2012
The Reason why you don't want to gradiate from West Virginia Univarsity....

Then, on another occasion, He used an analogy to explain that a person who builds a tower will first calculate the cost, and a king who goes to war will first consider his chances for victory. Jesus then wraps up the discussion by stating:“In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.”(Luke 14:33, NIV) Jesus did anything but make it easy for His followers to hold tightly onto money and possessions.

Any way you look at it, these are tough verses to ponder.(If you want hear my complete answer to these questions, you’ll have to pick up a copy of my book!) However, while mulling over the challenge that Jesus’ blatant and bold statments present, and wrestling with just why Jesus would say something so bold, I had a profound thought hit me just the other day…what if He didn’t?

When we ask ourselves “why” Jesus spoke so boldly in this area, we should stop and take a moment to think about if He didn’t. What if Jesus simply said,“Give what works for your budget”, or “Remember the poor every now and again”? Certainly, we could all set our Bibles down a lot easier after a verse like that. If would definitely be more comfortable and convienent. But, there is no tension there, no spiritual discomfort, and no pressing against our sinful selfish nature. We would simply be free to give what works for our budget, and move on with life as we know it (reaping no growth, no maturity, and no spiritual transformation).

Take holiness for example. Jesus said,“You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”(Matt. 5:48, NASB). That pushes pretty hard against our sinfulness (to say the least!!). And again, what if He said,“Be as holy as you can reasonable be”, or “Give holiness a good effort”. Would it have the same effect? Would it stir all sorts of convictions in our hearts to strive towards holiness if He described it in such a manner? I don’t think so.

In other words, what if the Bible's bullshit? Well, that makes it a lot simpler to be a Christian, don't it? Thank you God for helpin' to clear up the fuziness in my brains.
carol

Orlando, FL

#773854 Oct 16, 2012
It's going to be interesting seeing what happens tonight when Obama has no one else to turn to when he has to explain why he and his administration covered up the attack on our embassy.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773855 Oct 16, 2012
Romney is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't quote anyone's website or policies. I posted a link so uneducated people can learn the truth about policies that affect their life.
Hahahaha, you don't like Obama and HE is YOUR President, HaHa and Obama will be YOUR president for the next four years too. Then it will be Hillary Clinton.
Just so you will know, your state of Pennsylvania in 2008 voted overwhelmingly for Obama and will do so again in 2012. If you need a web link so you can educate yourself, i will post one for you.
HaHaHa
vote NO on Romney ....... Romney = Bush #2
Go Vote Obama
We'nt you just at my door begging me to vote for Obama on you hands and kness crying, when I said I am voting for Romeny? Then you said you would pay me to vote and give me a new smart phone if I did? LOL
You are looking way too desperate here, dude!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773856 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>great classy as usual post by dem.
Americans are classy people, honey, like you and me. We're soooo classy you'd hire a mormon to do a (wo)man's job.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#773857 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But was insisting two weeks later in front of the UN it was that video - specifically mentioning it at least four times.
Just like the SS Cole investigation which ended before it began, the Benghazi investigation is going nowhere. The FBI which is charged with these types of investigations is not interested nor is it up to the task.

The problem dear Carol is that you and your right leaning media pals don't have many of the facts, no one does actually because the CIA is involved and that tends to shut down the free flow of information.

The CIA is charged with providing the US administration and departments with intelligence__with the CIA absent/evacuated, there was no one beyond CNN to provide details on what happened.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773858 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So you admit Romney is playing politics over the dead ambassador's body?
The dead CIA agent you mean? But, yes, that's precisely what I'm saying.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773859 Oct 16, 2012
lol we'nt? we not for Romney lol
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773860 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.
and if you were truly honest with yourself you'd understand that your adopted son's a moron and would be in prison right now without a war for him to play at.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773861 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
It's going to be interesting seeing what happens tonight when Obama has no one else to turn to when he has to explain why he and his administration covered up the attack on our embassy.
Nah, what'll be interesting is seeing you and other girls trying to get into your Barcaloungers with the Armor of God on.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773862 Oct 16, 2012
REPUBLICANS FOR USA wrote:
<quoted text>
We'nt you just at my door begging me to vote for Obama on you hands and kness crying, when I said I am voting for Romeny? Then you said you would pay me to vote and give me a new smart phone if I did? LOL
You are looking way too desperate here, dude!!
What's a 'kness?' is that Polish for penis?
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#773863 Oct 16, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
to!
Another pathetic, factless, feckless rant from the left.

Impeach Obama and Biden.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773864 Oct 16, 2012
Oh haven't you heard? Hillary has fell on her sword and taken the blame, good timing isn't it?

Obama the so called champion of women!

Besides Candy Crowley picks the questions the audience doesn't get to speak.

She's not going to ask him anything hard.
carol wrote:
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#773865 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
blame Bush.....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#773866 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Marshall & Bill Ayers are figments of your imagination. One was a family friend & other merely an acquaintance. One was his pastor. All these were investigated & they found nothing truthful to report on.
Your problem is you confuse the sewage from Fox, Limbaugh & Beck as the truth.
BS, plain and simple BS, Davey you wouldn't know Frank Davis, or Billy Ayres if they passed you, on your way to the food pantry? Everybody in and out of politics in Chicago, knows or knew those Communists. So your 'aquaintances' holcomb holds about as much water as a colender.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#773867 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your vast majority is one known skeptic?
Saul Alinsky Rule number 5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule."
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773868 Oct 16, 2012
Somethings are obvious, like when your lying through your teeth!

That's not the first time he's lied!
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the SS Cole investigation which ended before it began, the Benghazi investigation is going nowhere. The FBI which is charged with these types of investigations is not interested nor is it up to the task.
The problem dear Carol is that you and your right leaning media pals don't have many of the facts, no one does actually because the CIA is involved and that tends to shut down the free flow of information.
The CIA is charged with providing the US administration and departments with intelligence__with the CIA absent/evacuated, there was no one beyond CNN to provide details on what happened.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#773869 Oct 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the SS Cole investigation which ended before it began, the Benghazi investigation is going nowhere. The FBI which is charged with these types of investigations is not interested nor is it up to the task.
the FBI is a joke for this attack, which should be investigated by the CIA and military intelligence....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min well 52,012
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Rogue Scholar 05 191,956
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,136
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,878
Ask Amy 7-1-15 2 hr PEllen 2
Dear Abby 7-1-15 2 hr PEllen 1
News Worldhotels Adds Chicagoland Hotel and Conventi... 3 hr Mrhonesty 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages