Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264657 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#773845 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that? Let me ask a question that may give you more of an idea of what I am trying to say. Why do you think that the trickle down economics didn't work when in theory it should have?
It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773846 Oct 16, 2012
This is the Republican way:

1) "OMG the f*cking unions are killing this country by wanting to get paid more money & making our products more expensive"

2) "OMG the slacker irresponsible POS doesn't make enough to pay federal income tax."

The right whiners evidently don't know these things are related.

"OMG if we raise the minimum wage it will drive businesses to bankruptcy!"

A family of 4 with both parents working full time minimum wage jobs would not pay federal income tax.

I know most of the right whiners posting here are middle class or poorer. Yet they support policies that make the rich richer & shrink the middle class.

We were a stronger country when we had a stronger middle class.

Obama is right. Rebuild this country by rebuilding the middle class.

Newville, PA

#773847 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
"The Benghazi security debate is really a proxy for something larger anyway. Republicans don’t argue that Obama was somehow indifferent or incompetent when it came to protecting Chris Stevens. They say that the Libya attack illustrated the “unraveling” of Obama’s larger foreign policy. As Joe explains well, that thesis doesn’t make much sense either.
But all that may be beside the point. At his infamous “47%” fundraiser, Romney assured a concerned donor that if a foreign policy crisis emerged late in the campaign,“I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.” And so he has."
So you admit Romney is playing politics over the dead ambassador's body?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#773848 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We measure the growth in wealth. Are you saying we can't do this?
Sure as long as you don't imply it belongs to the country. It doesn't.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773849 Oct 16, 2012
The Good news is if Romney is lying about his dedication for the middle class, we can through his butt out in 4 years.

Obama has already had his 4 years to implement his promises and we got anti-Christian radical Pro-homosexual agenda and the virtual destruction of quality healthcare.

He had all of the first two years and what did we get?

No advancement of the economy no, we just got our debt doubled and that's before we start paying for Obama Care!

No immigration reform,just thousands of Mexican people murdered with guns Obama gave them!

And the whole time Obama has lied through his teeth about his administration! All of it, I am not sure we can actually believe Bin Laden is dead! What because David Axerod or Stephanie Cutter says so? PLEASE!
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The total wealth of our country.
A term to describe all the net worth of our citizens
What, America is not your country?
If the wealthy own so much of the wealth, why do you insist that we give them more?
Romney will slash their rte by 7 percentage points. Most midle class Americans will cut 3 percentage points.
Yep, That's fair
If you will bring up the closing of loopholes & elimination of deductions, please list what these are.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#773850 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't mean give it away. Why would they do that? Let me ask a question that may give you more of an idea of what I am trying to say. Why do you think that the trickle down economics didn't work when in theory it should have?
Phil it has worked Reagan, Clinton, JFK, now show me where trickle up has Worked!!

Newville, PA

#773851 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.
We were on the path to psying down the debt in 2001 when Bush took office.

The idea that you will vote Republican proves you are a hypocrite.

You talking about debt & voting for Ryan is just too f*cking ridiculous.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773852 Oct 16, 2012
Let me help you out there Sticky Britches, The view points of "THE FRC OR FAMILY RESEARCH CENTER are accepted view points of not only Christians but normal people of any faith!

No normal person thinks it's acceptable to eat feces!

No normal person thinks it's acceptable to molest children!

No normal persons thinks that being the source of a disease that has killed millions and the primary source for it's continued spreading is acceptable!

Not to mention the highest rate of syphilis, herpes, hepatitis, anal cancer and various parasites from feces eating.

I take that back, nobody but the Democrats think that's normal.

Glad to have cleared that up for you!
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Who cares what paranoid Luke wrote.
Homosexuals attacked no one. They have been attacked by Family Research council and the born again evangelicals. Homosexuals were excluded from Boy Scouts in the 1980s and now Boy Scouts are infested with Christian pedophiles.
Show us proof of these allegations you make about homosexuals.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773853 Oct 16, 2012
The Reason why you don't want to gradiate from West Virginia Univarsity....

Then, on another occasion, He used an analogy to explain that a person who builds a tower will first calculate the cost, and a king who goes to war will first consider his chances for victory. Jesus then wraps up the discussion by stating:“In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.”(Luke 14:33, NIV) Jesus did anything but make it easy for His followers to hold tightly onto money and possessions.

Any way you look at it, these are tough verses to ponder.(If you want hear my complete answer to these questions, you’ll have to pick up a copy of my book!) However, while mulling over the challenge that Jesus’ blatant and bold statments present, and wrestling with just why Jesus would say something so bold, I had a profound thought hit me just the other day…what if He didn’t?

When we ask ourselves “why” Jesus spoke so boldly in this area, we should stop and take a moment to think about if He didn’t. What if Jesus simply said,“Give what works for your budget”, or “Remember the poor every now and again”? Certainly, we could all set our Bibles down a lot easier after a verse like that. If would definitely be more comfortable and convienent. But, there is no tension there, no spiritual discomfort, and no pressing against our sinful selfish nature. We would simply be free to give what works for our budget, and move on with life as we know it (reaping no growth, no maturity, and no spiritual transformation).

Take holiness for example. Jesus said,“You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”(Matt. 5:48, NASB). That pushes pretty hard against our sinfulness (to say the least!!). And again, what if He said,“Be as holy as you can reasonable be”, or “Give holiness a good effort”. Would it have the same effect? Would it stir all sorts of convictions in our hearts to strive towards holiness if He described it in such a manner? I don’t think so.

In other words, what if the Bible's bullshit? Well, that makes it a lot simpler to be a Christian, don't it? Thank you God for helpin' to clear up the fuziness in my brains.
carol

Orlando, FL

#773854 Oct 16, 2012
It's going to be interesting seeing what happens tonight when Obama has no one else to turn to when he has to explain why he and his administration covered up the attack on our embassy.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773855 Oct 16, 2012
Romney is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't quote anyone's website or policies. I posted a link so uneducated people can learn the truth about policies that affect their life.
Hahahaha, you don't like Obama and HE is YOUR President, HaHa and Obama will be YOUR president for the next four years too. Then it will be Hillary Clinton.
Just so you will know, your state of Pennsylvania in 2008 voted overwhelmingly for Obama and will do so again in 2012. If you need a web link so you can educate yourself, i will post one for you.
HaHaHa
vote NO on Romney ....... Romney = Bush #2
Go Vote Obama
We'nt you just at my door begging me to vote for Obama on you hands and kness crying, when I said I am voting for Romeny? Then you said you would pay me to vote and give me a new smart phone if I did? LOL
You are looking way too desperate here, dude!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773856 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>great classy as usual post by dem.
Americans are classy people, honey, like you and me. We're soooo classy you'd hire a mormon to do a (wo)man's job.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#773857 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But was insisting two weeks later in front of the UN it was that video - specifically mentioning it at least four times.
Just like the SS Cole investigation which ended before it began, the Benghazi investigation is going nowhere. The FBI which is charged with these types of investigations is not interested nor is it up to the task.

The problem dear Carol is that you and your right leaning media pals don't have many of the facts, no one does actually because the CIA is involved and that tends to shut down the free flow of information.

The CIA is charged with providing the US administration and departments with intelligence__with the CIA absent/evacuated, there was no one beyond CNN to provide details on what happened.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773858 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So you admit Romney is playing politics over the dead ambassador's body?
The dead CIA agent you mean? But, yes, that's precisely what I'm saying.
REPUBLICANS FOR USA

Woodbridge, VA

#773859 Oct 16, 2012
lol we'nt? we not for Romney lol
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773860 Oct 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It did work. That's the whole point. It worked for Kennedy. It worked for Reagan. It worked for Bush. The problem is the democrats see all that new money rolling in and they just can't keep from spending it instead of paying down the debt. Along with the fact that progressives (republican and democrats) think growing government is the way to Nirvana. If you were truly honest with yourself you would understand that.
and if you were truly honest with yourself you'd understand that your adopted son's a moron and would be in prison right now without a war for him to play at.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773861 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
It's going to be interesting seeing what happens tonight when Obama has no one else to turn to when he has to explain why he and his administration covered up the attack on our embassy.
Nah, what'll be interesting is seeing you and other girls trying to get into your Barcaloungers with the Armor of God on.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773862 Oct 16, 2012
REPUBLICANS FOR USA wrote:
<quoted text>
We'nt you just at my door begging me to vote for Obama on you hands and kness crying, when I said I am voting for Romeny? Then you said you would pay me to vote and give me a new smart phone if I did? LOL
You are looking way too desperate here, dude!!
What's a 'kness?' is that Polish for penis?
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#773863 Oct 16, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
to!
Another pathetic, factless, feckless rant from the left.

Impeach Obama and Biden.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#773864 Oct 16, 2012
Oh haven't you heard? Hillary has fell on her sword and taken the blame, good timing isn't it?

Obama the so called champion of women!

Besides Candy Crowley picks the questions the audience doesn't get to speak.

She's not going to ask him anything hard.
carol wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best value kit'chens of europe reviews 5 min selamet 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Quirky 194,730
Ask Amy August 3 56 min mrs gladys kravitz 9
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 443
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,383
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 6,260
News Grasping abortion debate (Aug '09) 5 hr bbc 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr PEllen 100,306
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages