Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,879)

Showing posts 717,561 - 717,580 of1,071,795
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Before it was our energy independence & now you ply the trick of substituting North American? The Romney trick he uses to dupe the right whiners.
It makes no difference. Global oil market does not distinguish the source of the oil. Price will not change.
Money crossing our borders has the same effect on our economy regardless.
Not buying from friendly sources in the Middle East & other friendly non-North America sources would damage those relationships.
Oh geez...I guess you aren't purposely trying to emulate the stereotypical portrait of left wingnutedness tree hugging.

See: embargos....then see "hay" for mule feed. Ya might need some!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
American energy independence FOR America-not against it!

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Jesus would turn the pentagon into housing for the homeless

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... and you ran away from a discussion yesterday when you got caught mindlessly repeating the indoctrinated lies invented by the Democrats about Vietnam.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
blah... blah... blah... indoctrinated lies invented by the Democrats... blah... blah... blah...
DBWriter educated reality-challenged Dave thusly:
We knew who he was, like we know who anyone of significance is. Ho Chi Minh didn't become a concern until he asked the Soviet Union to help him in the war he started against the French after he went to Paris and asked them to come back to Veitnam. The Soviet Union used this as an opportunity to expand their influence during the Cold War. He didn't become significant until the Soviet Union was supporting his invasions of South Vietnam. If he never invaded South Vietnam, he'd be about as significant as some other small-pond bullshit dictator with too big of an ego in the world.
Listen carefully to this. This is the key ingredient to understanding the US involvement in Vietnam:
As the Soviet Union increased its involvement in the invasions of South Vietnam, the US increased its involvement in the defense of South Vietnam.
That means the US involvement didn't become significant until after Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Let's say that again:
Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Immediately after the UN authorized the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh began invading South Vietnam.
This is exactly like how the proxy war in Korea started.
Now, idiot, here's the key:
As the Soviet involvement in the communist invasions of South Vietnam increased, the US involvement in the defense of South Vietnam increased.
US involvement didn't become direct until AFTER the UN divided the country.
The Soviet Union involvement was already at a significant level prior to this. In fact, as I told your ignorant ass previously, the communist used Soviet weapons at the battle of Dien Bien Phu, which was before the Soviet Union petitioned the UN to divide Vietnam into two separate countries.
The Cold War is a global war.
The Soviet Union is engaged in Vietnam.
The communists divide Vietnam into two countries.
The communists begin invading free South Vietnam.
The US assists South Vietnam.
The strategy of the United States during the Cold War was not to abandon our allies and run away.
You seem to be ignorant of all of this.
As for Nixon winning the war, the war was all but over in 1970 when the NVA ran away to avoid destruction when the US forces entered the Parrot's Beak in 1970. They waited until US ground forces left Vietnam in 1971 to launch the largest communist invasion of the war. They were defeated by the South Vietnamese WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM US GROUND COMBAT UNITS.
Now, I want you to begin your next post with one of the lies in the system of lies the Democrats invented about Vietnam:
"The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for themselves."
Then tell us about how the communists defeated the South Vietnamese in 1972 when they mounted the single largest invasion of the war, the Easter Offensive of 1972.
... got a problem, don't you....
It seems the single largest invasion of the war wasn't successful, and there is no history of any US ground combat units fighting against the communists.
Was it aliens from space that beat the communists?
Or, was it the South Vietnamese?
Now, tell us how the Democrat-controlled congress of 1973 helped the ally of the United States after they defeated a massive communist invasion during the Cold War.
I did not run away.

I proved you lied.

1) Ho Chi Mihn did not spend WWII in France

2) He spent it in Vietnam working with the US to fight the Japanese there.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama campaigning to save (Big Bird) so tonight feathers should be flying!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with NAFTA.
I have a problem when you moronic right whiners blame Clinton for it.
Clinton's Problem Child: NAFTA at Three

Mark Weisbrot
Minneapolis Star Tribune, July 18, 1997
You know there's trouble when the President is required by law to make a report to Congress, and it's delayed and then released on a Friday. It means they want the press to bury it.

Such is the case with President Clinton's report on NAFTA, which was released last Friday. When he squeezed NAFTA through Congress, unable to get even a majority of his own party to vote for it, a lot of promises were made. NAFTA was supposed to create jobs, raise living standards on both sides of the border, reduce pressures for illegal immigration, and improve the natural environment.

After three and a half years it is clear that none of these rosy predictions have come to pass. On the contrary, the agreement seems to have worsened the situation on all fronts, and the public has soured on trade agreements in general. A recent poll by Bank of Boston showed Americans believe, by a large margin, that they result in fewer jobs and a worsening trade balance.

President Clinton did his best to put a happy face on the record, emphasizing that US exports increased by 37% from 1993 to 1996, to a record high. But US imports from Mexico have increased more than twice as fast as exports-- so fast that we went from a $1.7 billion trade surplus before NAFTA, to a $17.5 billion deficit with Mexico today.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-co...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking academics, union employees, and government workers to feel sorry for business leaders?
Why is it that you feel like businesses need anyone to feel sorry for them?
The people that make those business grow and make money are the people who put their blood and sweat into those businesses, the academics, union workers, receptionist, mechanics, clerks, laborors, basically - the front line. Why should they feel sorry for their boss who in 95% of businesses are making 6-7 figures a year?
I'm not saying that we make them into bad people, because that they are not. Do they need to pay higher payroll and taxes for their business, no. Should they be individually responsible for the income they earn? YES. Just like everyone else is, down to that receptionist.
Many small business owners do not even take a salary in order to keep their businesses afloat and keep their employees on the payroll. They reinvest their profits back into their own companies and sacrifice their own profits. During the Eisenhower days when the tax rate was 91%, corporations chose to reinvest in their companies rather than pay out millions to ceos salaries. Health insurance benefits was a tool used to lure the best employees to work for them.
A responsible ceo would forfeit his multi million dollar salary to save his company; this still does happen on occasion. Jay Leno did this to save employees on the Tonight Show.
THE DEBIL

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

THE ARMOUR OF HAMMER.

DEBIL ADJUST THE BREASTPLATE OF MANY TITTY-BARS... THANK YOU, SATAN, FO' THE BREASTPLATE, IT RIPPED, COOL!

DEBIL STRAP ON THE.. WELL.. THE JOCKSTRAP OF HUMILITY, WHICH HIS TESTICLES BULGE OUT OF LIKE A FAT LADY'S BOSOMS AT THE BEACH WHERE SHE GAMBLIN' AWAY HER LIFE SAVINGS.

DEBIL PRAY NOW TO SATAN, HEHEHEHEHEH, NO HE DON'! DEBIL IS SATAN, YOU CAN WEAR YOU GOLD HUSH PUPPIES FO' ALL HE CARE. HE RIP YOU ASS UP AN' SWALLOW YOU OL' WHITE TITS LIKE ALBINO MCNUGGETS. IT WHAT HE DO. IT JUS' BID'NESS.
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Whole lot of church
Very little religion
It's the teabag culture...
IF that is 'true'
Satanism must be the 'lib' culture
*_*
"Deliver us from evil"

That would be a Mormon marrying 12 year olds?
FLDS?

or right wingers refusing to provide affordable coverage for all?

That kills people!

Citizens!

Republicans: pure evil.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada is friendly to the United States, idiot. That makes a huge difference.
Well, that was true until Obama and the Democrats enacted a law in 2009 that placed strict controls on the Canada - US border. And that's the reason the Prime Minister of Canada looked like he wanted to strangle Obama in the photo op after their meeting in 2009.
Imagine that. Obama and the Democrats seal the border with Canada and erase the border with Mexico.
I get it.

Canadian oil is not imported oil because they are our friends. You buddy said the Keystone pipeline would help us become energy independent. That was incorrect & stupid.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Predicting Tonight's Debate if Obama doesn't Laugh Hysterically about Dead Americans the Way Biden Did:

Crowley: President Obama, let me ask you, why did Mitt Romney politicize the tragic killing of our ambassador and three others in Libya?

Obama: Iím glad you asked that, Candy.

Crowley: Just trying to do my part.

Obama: You always do. Candy, what few people know is that Mitt Romney was nowhere to be seen in the hours before the tragic killing of four Americans in Benghazi.

Iím not sure whether he was giving a woman cancer, putting a dog on the roof of a car, cutting a gay kidís hair, baptizing a dead Jew to satisfy the demands of his so-called religion, or where he was. But weíre going to get to the bottom of it. We have an ongoing investigation. I really canít say any more.

Crowley: Gov. Romney, your rebuttal.

Romney: The White House has blamed Hillary Clintonís State Department and David Petraeusís CIA for the failure in Benghazi. As a businessman, I know that the key to success is not caring who gets the credit. Apparently in this administration, the key is not caring who gets the blame as long as itís not the president.

Obama: Speaking of blame, American people, if you donít like ObamaCare, you know who you should blame? Not me. I was just standing there and then somebody handed me this plan, said it was really good, would solve everything. Called RomneyCare. RomneyCare ó itís everything you hate about ObamaCare!
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

keyedup wrote:
Jesus would turn the pentagon into housing for the homeless
If Jesus were alive today, he would be crucified by the Republicans.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Susan Rice would not have come out and lied about the stupid video if it had not been okayed by the White House. Barack obama will do ANYTHING to stay in power, in a job he loathes, in a country he loathes even more. The problem with Hillary's story is that Ms. Lamb, a state department official, testified before Congress that she was on the phone, that means in REAL TIME with the consulate during the attack! Now how do you get around that? YOU WERE ON THE PHONE WITH THE EMBASSY DURING THE ATTACK! NOW BACK PEDAL THAT! Yes, I watched the whole six hours of testimony. This is such a cover up! obama is at the helm, it's his SHIP! HE'S TO BLAME NOT HILLARY, NOT THE STATE DEPT., NOT THE MILITARY. Remember this is his cabinet he put in place. barack hussein obama IS TO BLAME! This is shameful.

WHAT DID WE EXPECT? HONESTY,MORALITY,PRINCIPLES??
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Borrowed from another poster:

When Romney was the head of Bain, the company went from venture capitalist to leveraged buyout corporate raiders.
They would buyout a healthy company; borrow a couple of hundred million against the assets of the company.
Float the company on the stock exchange and sell millions of dollars worth of shares.
They then would fire the staff, raid the pension Read More...
The shareholders would be left holding the bag for 100s of millions.
If it happened once, you could call it bad luck but it happened 22 times leaving tens of thousands of people unemployed and their pension funds gone.
Now hereís the kicker. The federal government paid $44 million into the pension funds, so they were funded again.
To add insult to injury, Bain charged the companies it destroyed millions in management fees.
Apart from these shenanigans, Bain lobbied congress so the capital gains tax wouldnít go up in 2007 and a bipartisan bill was blocked by the Republicans.
Are these the qualifications the right wants to be president? A job destroyer? Company bankrupter? Someone who ripped of investors?
And lastly a major job exporter but thatís another story.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave dem turkeys alone lol.
good one.lol
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Predicting Tonight's Debate if Obama Doesn't Giggle like a Schoolgirl Like He Did on The View:

Crowley: The last question is from a young person.

Young Person: Iím, like, cynical? And I really want to, you know, believe in something? And my sister was like, I believed in Obama in 2008, and Iím like, so jealous of her. Also she graduated and she moved back in my room and stays there all day reading Reddit. So, you know, can I find belief and also can you get her out of my room?
Crowley: Mr. President?

Obama: Please give me your sisterís name and I will see to it she is gainfully employed voting in several states. If that doesnít make you believe in miracles, how about asking Mitt about how a kid in upstate New York named Joe Smith got two magic rocks and some gold plates from an angel called Moron.

Romney: Thatís Moroni.

Obama: There you go, injecting religion into this campaign so your bitter clingers can have something other than guns to hold onto. Oops, I almost forgot: 47 percent! Boo-ya!

Crowley: Iím Candy Crowley, and I speak for 90 percent of us in the mainstream media when I say the only event that matters is the event on Nov. 6 when you vote for Barack Obama. Good night.
THE DEBIL

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not run away.
I proved you lied.
1) Ho Chi Mihn did not spend WWII in France
2) He spent it in Vietnam working with the US to fight the Japanese there.
PLEASE DO NOT HELP THE MONKEYS TO SPAM THE THREAD. ERASE MOST OF HIS POST BEFORE YOU REPLY, IT'S MEANINGLESS TRASH ANYWAY. THE WAY THEY AVOID SHAME AND HUMILIATION IS TO POST LONG MEANINGLESS POSTS WHICH EVERYONE SCROLLS BY WITHOUT READING. STOP HELPING THEM DO THAT.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul Alinsky - "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule."
Pick any actual quote from below and tell us why the person referenced didn't say what the Wall Street Journal said they said.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when the Democrats use George Bush as a reference to defend their bullshit. I suppose everything the Democrats do is Bush's fault....
"Convoluted"
A straight-line progression of negotiating points from the Democrats and the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hids the CRA failure, then putting this on a time line showing the coincidence of the Democrats being given what they want with their support for the Iraq operation may seem convoluted to you. After all, you're stupid enough to gobble up the obvious lies of the Democrats.
"So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?"
Here's the relevant quotes showing the Democrats protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while they cook the books:
Barney Frank - " I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios."
... and "I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
OFHEO Director Armando Falcon Jr - "OFHEO [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] did not improperly apply accounting rules; Freddie Mac did. OFHEO did not try to manage earnings improperly; Freddie Mac did. So this isn't about the agency's engagement in improper conduct, it is about Freddie Mac. Let me just correct the record on that. I have been asking for these additional authorities for four years now. I have been asking for additional resources, the independent appropriations assessment powers."
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D., N.Y.)- " I am just pissed off at OFHEO because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place."
"And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?"
If you read the material, you will see that this was an issue going all the way back to when Bill Clinton began this economic nightmare when he strong-armed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into pushing the Democrats' ludicrous subprime housing loan program nationwide. It was 2003 when it came before Congress in hearings that were called because the threat to our economy had been identified, and because the Democrats demanded the Republicans give in to them over their subprime program that eventually collapsed our economy.
The bottom line is, the Republicans gave the Democrats what they wanted, in exchange the Democrats were for the Iraq operation (before they were against it), the Democrats gained full oversight of their ludicrous subprime housing loan program, and after 2 years of Democrat oversight that program collapsed our economy.
Now, let's compare the timelines of the Republicans giving to the Democrats their wish for no effective oversight of their insane subprime loan program that ultimately collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by Democrats to the timeline of the Democrats being for the Iraq operation before they were against it.
It doesn't take Alinski to know t=your post was beyond ridiculous.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of evil that want to destroy my family, my Country, and me...
The Belt of Truth
I buckle the belt of truth around my waist. Help me be a person of truth and reliability. Please give me the words to say when people ask why I follow Jesus. Help me tell about Jesus' death and resurrection and his promise of eternal life to those who believe in him.
The Breastplate of Righteousness
Heavenly father in the name of Jesus I take the breastplate of righteousness. Thank you for giving me God's righteousness because I am not perfect. God graciously protects me with his own righteousness because&#65279; I believe in Jesus Christ.
The Gospel of Peace
In the name of Jesus I stand firmly on feet prepared with the gospel of peace. Help me to resist temptation and stay away from people, places, and situations that tempt me.
LordÖ help me live in peace with my family and other believers as much as it&#65279; depends on you.
The Shield of Faith
Lord in the&#65279; name of Jesus I lift up the shield of Faith. Help me to hold up the shield and stop the hours of doubt, despair and hopelessness that the enemy constantly shoots at me.
The Helmet of Salvation
Father in the name of Jesus I place upon my head the helmet of Salvation. Help me to know that no matter how tough this life isÖ Jesus&#65279; has conquered sin. And I live with the assurance that one day I will live with God in heaven.
Sword of the Spirit
I use the sword of the spirit, the word of God, in the name of Jesus. I thank You giving me Your word Lord, the good news of Jesus Christ, help me to tell others about Him. In&#65279; the name of Jesus I ask you to seal this prayer about my faith, equip me and confirm this prayer. I will stand guard against the powers of darkness, I will resist temptations and guard myself from vulnerable positions. I will pray persistently for my fellow believers in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...The Armor of God Prayer
In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3
Thank you
"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward." (Jesus)
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

keyedup wrote:
Jesus Christ Superstar Democrat
Jesus was a Nazarene.

You follow duh herd pack poopoo-bootlickers can't get anything right, can you.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton's Problem Child: NAFTA at Three
Mark Weisbrot
Minneapolis Star Tribune, July 18, 1997
You know there's trouble when the President is required by law to make a report to Congress, and it's delayed and then released on a Friday. It means they want the press to bury it.
Such is the case with President Clinton's report on NAFTA, which was released last Friday. When he squeezed NAFTA through Congress, unable to get even a majority of his own party to vote for it, a lot of promises were made. NAFTA was supposed to create jobs, raise living standards on both sides of the border, reduce pressures for illegal immigration, and improve the natural environment.
After three and a half years it is clear that none of these rosy predictions have come to pass. On the contrary, the agreement seems to have worsened the situation on all fronts, and the public has soured on trade agreements in general. A recent poll by Bank of Boston showed Americans believe, by a large margin, that they result in fewer jobs and a worsening trade balance.
President /
Romney Ryan Cerdo
Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice

"Teabaggers *repent* your end is in sight".

JESUS WOULD BANISH YOU TEABAGS EVANGELICALS TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 717,561 - 717,580 of1,071,795
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min voice of peace 67,523
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 3 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 3 hr hands on AR 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••