Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
717,561 - 717,580 of 1,101,894 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773427 Oct 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Borrowed from another poster:
When Romney was the head of Bain, the company went from venture capitalist to leveraged buyout corporate raiders.
Company bankrupter? Someone who ripped of investors?
And lastly a major job exporter but that’s another story.
Bain sends Illinois jobs to China By Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr.
http://rainbowpush.org/commentaries/single/ba...

October 08, 2012
Bain sends Illinois jobs to China

By Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. <<<<<----< <
Weekly Commentary | Chicago Sun-Times

ttp://rainbowpush.org/commenta ries/single/bain_sends_illinoi s_jobs_to_china

Mrs. Dot Turner has worked at what is now Sensata Technologies in Downstate Freeport for 43 years. The company does sophisticated work creating sensors for automobiles. It enjoyed record profits last year. But not enough for its owner — Bain Capital — which is moving the jobs and the machinery to China.

When Sensata brought Chinese workers into the plant to be trained by those whose jobs they would take, the workers at Sensata protested.“When we started to demonstrate, they got those workers out of here,” Mrs. Turner told me.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021511...
==========
October 08, 2012
Bain sends Illinois jobs to China

By Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr.
Weekly Commentary | Chicago Sun-Times

Mrs. Dot Turner has worked at what is now Sensata Technologies in Downstate Freeport for 43 years. The company does sophisticated work creating sensors for automobiles. It enjoyed record profits last year. But not enough for its owner — Bain Capital — which is moving the jobs and the machinery to China.

When Sensata brought Chinese workers into the plant to be trained by those whose jobs they would take, the workers at Sensata protested.“When we started to demonstrate, they got those workers out of here,” Mrs. Turner told me.

The Sensata workers called on Mitt Romney — an investor in Sensata through his Bain holdings — to intervene. A group went to Iowa during the primaries to ask him to come to Freeport; they met with no success. Another group went to the Republican convention to ask him to come to Freeport; they had no success, either.

So, with the open support of Freeport’s mayor and City Council, the workers set up a “Bainport” encampment in the Stephenson County Fairgrounds right across the street from the plant.

“Welcome to Bainport, a taste of the Romney economy,” reads one sign.“Romney does have a jobs plan; too bad it’s for China,” reads another. And Mrs. Turner and others began to make their voices heard.

“We are suffering from the Bain model of capitalism,” Mrs. Turner said.“This is the way Bain works. They take over good companies, and then ship their jobs to China to make even more money.

“So when I hear Romney talking about creating jobs, he’s saying one thing and we are experiencing another. He’s creating jobs, but the jobs are in China, not here. And now under Bain, Sensata plans to give the managers and the supervisors their golden parachutes, but not the workers. I’ve been here 43 years, and they offer a lump sum payment for 26 weeks of salary. And the lump sum means taxes will take a big part of it.”
http://rainbowpush.org/commentaries/single/ba...

http://www.jessejackson.org/organizations.htm...

Huuuummmm ... REV. Jesse Jackson... huh ???
Yeah....GREAT...reliable source....huhuhuhuh

For the libtards ... ;-)
TSM

El Paso, TX

#773428 Oct 16, 2012
Hillary takes the sword for Libya!! Sorry but the Facts are Clinton was acting in accordance with President Obama’s general foreign policy. She did not provide Stevens with proper security because she was not supposed to under general Obama foreign policy guidelines!! No Hillary the Buck stops with Obama!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773430 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney Ryan Cerdo
Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice
"Teabaggers *repent* your end is in sight".
JESUS WOULD BANISH YOU TEABAGS EVANGELICALS TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG
which city run by Democrats would that be? Newark? Detroit?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773432 Oct 16, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan said, "Don't feed the fish." (That Eddie Munster boy's Dumbyaesque as well as Romneyesque--what a bargain!)
Leosnotta said, "Dont feed the kids. Post on Topix all day until the different Baby Daddies pick them up."
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773433 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was for Big Business and the wealthy people?
Yes he was, Phil. Jesus ran a big self-improvement after you're dead scam back in 1st Century Palestine, and you can kinda see how successful it was as a result of the name change. When's the last time you saw a Jew not concerned about money, Phil? It's just what they do. And speaking of Mormons, how bout them fake Jews?
carol

Orlando, FL

#773436 Oct 16, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
Sadly the next president may be decided by people that are swayed by how one of them performs at a town hall meeting and not:
1. Which party took a budget surplus and turned it into a depression.
2. Which party led us into an unprovoked and unpaid for war and is looking for another chance to do the same thing.
3. Which party wants less regulation on businesses that helped us into the ditch.
4. Which party wants more regulation on women's bodies.
5. Which party will demolish Social Security.
6. Which party believes the emergency room = health care.
7. Which party wants more tax breaks for the wealthy.
8. Which party thinks government should prevent people from choosing who they can marry.
9. Which party thinks 47% of the people in this country are leeches.
10. Which party believes government should be used as a tool to impose religious dogma.
I could go on but the people that are reading this already knew these things and the people that might be influenced by the "performance" of the debaters rather than their policies probably stopped reading this a long time ago.
1. Both parties took a surplus and turned it into a recession - your party being the more guilty of the two. Of course, there was 9/11 and two wars which both parties supported.
2. Both parties knew Saddam was a threat and had to go. Democrats even voted to oust him in 1998 - before they turned into weasels.
3. Over regulation is more dangerous than under regulation. Republicans are willing to find a happy medium. We learned a valuable lesson. Democrats didn't.
4. It's nobody's business what women do with their bodies. It's everybody's business when another life is involved.
5. No party is going to "demolish" SS. It will "demolish" all by itself if left up to the Democrats. Reform is an absolute necessity and, what's worse, your party knows it.
6. Democrats are notorious for wanting free ER care - especially to illegals.
7. Reforming the tax code will ensure the wealthy pay more in taxes. Democrats want to keep spending every penny they take in.
8. Moderate Democrats, Hispanics and a large segment of the black community voted against Prop 8 - in California twice.
9. Politicians sometimes word things incorrectly. As long as they admit it was incorrect. Democrats don't know how to do that. Just ask Joe "they're gonna put ya'll back in chains" Biden.
10. No party believes government should be used to impose religious doctrine.

You must belong to the easily fooled crowd.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773438 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>TRANSLATION
TRANSLATION
I am a dumb hick from Kentucky can't type or spell and Jealous of all you educated folk...
better to be an inner city ghetto thug still reading at a 1st grade level and who votes for Obama but only if rounded up on a free bus and given lunch for the day.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773440 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was for Big Business and the wealthy people?
I heard the guy was a carpenter. Beyond that--I don't think he was a proponent of GREED-in anyone.

Does being part of big business or being wealthy constitute the definitions of the qualifying traits of GREED? Are ALL such people with the realms of greedy? If so, Is it just those people, that are Greedy?

I think not.

What do yo think?

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
YES to American energy independence, NO to Chinese fish farm poisons!
carol

Orlando, FL

#773442 Oct 16, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>When I lived in Chicago, Deomocrat Mayor Daley used to say, "I love high gas prices, we make more in taxes."
Obama has probably said that too a few times - in private, of course.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#773443 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't bring a knife to gun fight did you, geriatric pusscccee?
You sneaky little runt. You're just trying to trick me into telling you I carry a stainless Colt 45 ACP Officers Special with me at all times.... and a folding Kershaw.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773444 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see em so I can rule on whether they are saggy or not.
It's science.
No, and no it is not, you moron, tin foil hat beggar.

ROmney/Ryan 2012!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773445 Oct 16, 2012
How bad is Obama's economy? Our GDP growth is worse than Cuba.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773446 Oct 16, 2012
Tom Brokaw Blames Obama For Deficit
October 16, 2012 by Bryan Nash

UPI FILE

While appearing on “Meet the Press,” Tom Brokaw weighed in on the problem of the national deficit. The retired news anchor said that it has only gotten worse under President Barack Obama’s watch.

The Obama campaign has repeatedly harped on the unclear economic plan of Mitt Romney. Brokaw said that Romney should turn the tables and ask the President to describe in specific detail what he plans to do to reverse the problem he has caused.

“I do think that the governor is right, and we’ll expect to hear Governor Romney go after President Obama this time about ‘I want more details about your plan. You keep harping on me. I haven’t heard the details in your plan as well.’”

He went on to insinuate that the President needs to take responsibility.

Referring to debates that Obama was involved in before he was President, Brokaw commented,“President Obama was saying,‘Look we’ve got a deficit of a half of a trillion dollars. I’m gonna get that under control.’ Well this week, that deficit is 1.1 trillion dollars and it happened on his watch.”
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#773448 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
JESUS would have free healthcare for everyone
JESUS would slap the sh*t out of lazy parasites.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773449 Oct 16, 2012
Romney hits 50%, leads by 4 in PPP/Daily Kos national poll
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773450 Oct 16, 2012
How we built Bain Capital
{[obot MAY be right on this one ;-)]
(Romney's SUCCESS, makes some "jealous" people)}

All of which has—and continues—to work to the great advantage of the one Willard Mitt Romney. To be sure, other codicils of the United States tax code, like overseas tax havens and vagaries of the gift tax have allowed Romney to, among other things, generate a $100 million IRA for his sons, tax-free.(Getting state tax breaks or having the U.S. bail out the pension funds of firms he acquired didn't hurt, either.) To be sure, Mitt Romney is very smart, very hard working and, to use his words, "extraordinarily successful." But without the policy choices of our elected United States government, Mitt Romney would not have gotten nearly as rich as he did at Bain Capital. As Matt Taibbi put it, "the way Romney most directly owes his success to the government is through the structure of the tax code."

In other words, the government actually incentivizes the kind of leverage-based takeovers that Romney built his fortune on. Romney the businessman built his career on two things that Romney the candidate decries: massive debt and dumb federal giveaways. "I don't know what Romney would be doing but for debt and its tax-advantaged position in the tax code," says a prominent Wall Street lawyer, "but he wouldn't be fabulously wealthy."
Not without us, that is. After all, we built Bain Capital.
ORIGINALLY POSTED TO JON PERR ON WED AUG 29, 2012 AT 12:27 PM PDT.

ALSO REPUBLISHED BY THE BAIN FILES.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/29/1125...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773451 Oct 16, 2012
It occurs to me that Tarzan had a sister named Jane, and she liked to stand down at the bottom of the tree looking up whenever Tarzan landed... coincidence?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#773452 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican math;
Repugs 1+1=3
Middle class 2+2=3
Fcktard math: Obama up 5, easy win. Romney up 5, "statistical dead heat."
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773453 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Stevens volunteered for the job and knew the risks.
I thought you tea bag azzholes believed in personal responsibility.
He was being paid. Right?
So is the POTUS and all HIS adminsitration.

Foreign Policy FAILURE.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
carol

Orlando, FL

#773455 Oct 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Peppy,
Why do racists object to being called what they are?
Probably because it's not true except only in your distorted ideologic mind.

How do you feel about Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Alan West, Ron Chritie, Eldridge Cleaver, Artur Davis, Frederick Douglas, Alfreda King and Mia Love - just to name a few?

Please say you agree with their political ideology because they're black. I dare ya'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,538
ruth ann hall's son 8 min EYES EVERWHERE 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 16 min Sterkfontein Swar... 65
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min Bluto 49,517
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 58 min Rick Moss 69,094
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 46,385
Who is MICHAEL LA VAUGHN ROBINSON 1 hr Check Facts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••