Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
717,381 - 717,400 of 1,099,704 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Nelson wrote:
WOW. You amaze me. You're angry over two bums talkin shit at 7/11. And you're admitting that a republican congress has been blocking progress in Washington, and yes he's mixed but you talk about him like he is black. Ignorant people usually aren't articulate enough to hide their hate or bigotry. The country is falling because of racist, sexist and bias pricks who become the biggest blamers. The time you spend exploiting Illinois you could be helping or volunteering. the oppositing of love is not caring.
That race card whine is pathetic--and is no longer acceptable as an excuse.

Please try and learn to vote based on PRINCIPLES-NOT race, creed or colors!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
YES to KEYSTONE and American energy independence!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Keystone?
You really are dumb!
Republican governors against pipeline!
Yeah!
They actually like clean water for their States.
I know I was amazed!
YOU <---------- dumb like carol dumb!
It's long time passed EPA regs and environmental prereqs.

Get over it already.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
YES to American Energy independence AND STELLAR business EXPERIENCE!
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll let the cat sniff my panties. Say, um, when you say something like, "they spent 249 million taxpayer dollars on something, does that mean the 249 million dollars just disappeared or did it go somewhere instead? Where did it go? Someone... must still have it, right? So, um, who's got the money? That was, um, wasted?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
I guess it goes without saying that blacks and whites can't really live together as one people. Manhattan is becoming UNBEARABLE! I hardly go into town anymore! It's time to ship the little kenyan back to the land of his fathers, he'll be happier there.
That's because whites are all racists. They want to put us "back in chains".
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
Just bear in mind the law of unintended consequences. The burning of the Embassy in Libya provided jobs for dozens of Republicans too.
Well hopefully there's SOME then- that recognize the big, black aq flag waving.

WTH we doing in Libya?

KEYSTONE-American energy independence!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Keystone?
You really are dumb!
Republican governors against pipeline!
Yeah!
They actually like clean water for their States.
I know I was amazed!
YOU <---------- dumb like carol dumb!
$6 gas? Thanks Kenyan!

Politics

October 15, 2012
Obama Bans Drilling in Half of Alaska's 'Petroleum Reserve'

Obama's Great Alaska Shutout

Interior bans drilling on 11.5 million acres of 'petroleum reserve.'

WALL STREET JOURNAL - President Obama is campaigning as a champion of the oil and gas boom he's had nothing to do with, and even as his regulators try to stifle it. The latest example is the Interior Department's little-noticed August decision to close off from drilling nearly half of the 23.5 million acre National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/strategic-petroleum...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Where's the money go? Does it just.... disappear, or does someone still have it? When you spend money, wisely or unwisely, doesn't someone somewhere profit by it? Who is that, precisely? Who now has 249 million taxpayer dollars? Who's got that money now? Is it worth less now that someone else has it?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
Jimmy John's founder and CEO: Obamacare will add $0.50 to the cost of each sandwich even after we cut all employees to 28 hours. To stay competitive we will have to do what every other company is doing. Cutting all our employees to 28 hours. We will become a country of part timers. Thanks libtards!!!
Hopefully President Obama will mandate that part-time employees must be provided with health care too. Health care is needed by all of America's citizens, not just full-time employees.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

On what was 249 million dollars spent? Setting aside for a moment the wisdom of spending it, who has that money right now?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

War with Iran Is More Likely Under Romney, and It Would Be a Major War

Bret Stephens tries to persuade a “wavering voter” to support Romney by blatantly lying to him:

No, we will not have another war in the Middle East. Not even if President Romney orders Iran’s nuclear sites bombed to smithereens.

Stephens tries to pull this off by citing the example of Operation Desert Fox. That greatly understates what an attack on Iran would involve. Stephens wants to create the impression that war with Iran would be just a few days of air strikes and nothing more. The “wavering voter” might want to know that this is a preposterous scenario.

If Romney ordered an attack on Iran, it would take much longer than a few days. It would be a prolonged air campaign. The risks to Americans directly involved in the campaign and elsewhere would be great. Americans are weary of foreign wars mainly because they don’t want more American losses in unnecessary wars, and attacking Iran is the perfect example of an unnecessary war. There would be no legal pretext for such an attack. It would be illegal under international law, and most governments around the world would condemn it.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership
....Franklin told me at the meeting where we kicked this off, he said, I promise you we will help, and he has......
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
Democrats are 100% responsible for the sub prime fueled housing balloon and the subsequent collapse of the financial sector by blackmailing bankers into issuing loans to minorities or face the charge of racism.

Franklin Raines, a democrat operative, committed massive fraud at Freddie and should be doing 150 years like Bernie Madoff. He ripped America off for trillions.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

On Taxes, Paul Ryan Debates Mitt Romney

The next debate should be between Romney and his running mate, about what exactly is in their tax plan.

Romney says,“My plan is not like anything that's been tried before.” Ryan says,“it’s been done before.” Vice President Biden agrees with Romney and disagrees with Ryan.

Well, guys, which one is it? It would be nice to get a clear explanation from the Romney-Ryan campaign before the election, so voters who care about the tax and budget issue can decide.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/15/on-taxe...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> That's because whites are all racists. They want to put us "back in chains".
Race baiting ignorance begats what it baits.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
It's long time passed EPA regs and environmental prereqs.
Get over it already.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
YES to American Energy independence AND STELLAR business EXPERIENCE!
You mean his Stellar business experience with Bain? Where he outsourced jobs to other countries, laid off employees, and bled the company dry of all profits?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully President Obama will mandate that part-time employees must be provided with health care too. Health care is needed by all of America's citizens, not just full-time employees.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

The REAL-Proven (via already been there and done it)EXPERIENCE in HEALTHCARE FOR EVERYONE-Not just some!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

So, um, fred, when gasoline is sold for $6-7-8 a gallon, where does that money go? Does it go into space somewhere? Or is.. someone getting very rich as a result? Is he Arab? Is he... Texan? After the President singlehandedly goes out and swaps the numbers on the Paki-gas station marquees, what's in it for him? What does he make on the deal? Somebody must be making something, who is it? Isn't that the person most likely to be the culprit? Who makes money when the price of gas goes up? Hmmmmmmm.. freddy-boy?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll let the cat sniff my panties. Say, um, when you say something like, "they spent 249 million taxpayer dollars on something, does that mean the 249 million dollars just disappeared or did it go somewhere instead? Where did it go? Someone... must still have it, right? So, um, who's got the money? That was, um, wasted?
I'm somewhat loath to ask, but that's after you take off the panties?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

fred wrote:
<quoted text>
$6 gas? Thanks Kenyan!
Politics
October 15, 2012
Obama Bans Drilling in Half of Alaska's 'Petroleum Reserve'
Obama's Great Alaska Shutout
Interior bans drilling on 11.5 million acres of 'petroleum reserve.'
WALL STREET JOURNAL - President Obama is campaigning as a champion of the oil and gas boom he's had nothing to do with, and even as his regulators try to stifle it. The latest example is the Interior Department's little-noticed August decision to close off from drilling nearly half of the 23.5 million acre National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska.
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/strategic-petroleum...
Oil production in America is at a record high. It is not necessary for the oil industry to destroy Alaska simply to increase their obscene profit margin even more.$5 or $6 gas is still a bargain. Thanks to President Obama's strict new fuel mileage standards, today's vehicles can travel farther on $50 worth of gas than previous vehicles could travel on $200 worth. Some vehicles require no gas at all. Get rid of your gas guzzling SUV and purchase a modern vehicle.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Raines? What do you think Bush was telling him when he made those trips to the WH so they could work out how to make sure that those low income folks could get a home loan that they couldn't actually afford?
certainly you know that the housing crisis started when Clinton said 'everyone should have a home'. He just forgot to tell them they would have to pay for it. Brooksley Born knew and what happened to her? Clinton fired her.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Convoluted.
So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?
And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?
I just love it when the Democrats use George Bush as a reference to defend their bullshit. I suppose everything the Democrats do is Bush's fault....
"Convoluted"
A straight-line progression of negotiating points from the Democrats and the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hids the CRA failure, then putting this on a time line showing the coincidence of the Democrats being given what they want with their support for the Iraq operation may seem convoluted to you. After all, you're stupid enough to gobble up the obvious lies of the Democrats.
"So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?"
Here's the relevant quotes showing the Democrats protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while they cook the books:
Barney Frank - " I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios."
... and "I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
OFHEO Director Armando Falcon Jr - "OFHEO [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] did not improperly apply accounting rules; Freddie Mac did. OFHEO did not try to manage earnings improperly; Freddie Mac did. So this isn't about the agency's engagement in improper conduct, it is about Freddie Mac. Let me just correct the record on that. I have been asking for these additional authorities for four years now. I have been asking for additional resources, the independent appropriations assessment powers."
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D., N.Y.)- " I am just pissed off at OFHEO because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place."
"And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?"
If you read the material, you will see that this was an issue going all the way back to when Bill Clinton began this economic nightmare when he strong-armed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into pushing the Democrats' ludicrous subprime housing loan program nationwide. It was 2003 when it came before Congress in hearings that were called because the threat to our economy had been identified, and because the Democrats demanded the Republicans give in to them over their subprime program that eventually collapsed our economy.
The bottom line is, the Republicans gave the Democrats what they wanted, in exchange the Democrats were for the Iraq operation (before they were against it), the Democrats gained full oversight of their ludicrous subprime housing loan program, and after 2 years of Democrat oversight that program collapsed our economy.
Now, let's compare the timelines of the Republicans giving to the Democrats their wish for no effective oversight of their insane subprime loan program that ultimately collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by Democrats to the timeline of the Democrats being for the Iraq operation before they were against it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 177,320
Engagement Ring 50 min rodeo3queen 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr DrZhivago 49,446
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 46,292
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr Stanky Pete 7,560
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr 40ish 4,661
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••