Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773307 Oct 16, 2012
So, um, Janey honey. How does it feel being pushed to the back of the bus and raped? I'm not going to have to worry about you, Janey, am I? Cause, Janey, you're already on thin ice.. I'd hate to see it break under you..
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773309 Oct 16, 2012
WASHINGTON -- When Mitt Romney served as CEO of Bain & Co., his consulting firm helped tobacco giant Philip Morris develop a groundbreaking sales strategy that researchers say has been linked to an unprecedented spike in youth smoking.

On Friday April 2, 1993, Philip Morris stunned Wall Street and tobacco experts by the slashing price on its flagship Marlboro brand by 40 cents a pack, to $1.80. It was a landmark day for the tobacco industry, one that became known as "Marlboro Friday" to public health experts.

It was the single largest four-year growth in youth smoking since the surgeon general had issued a report in 1964 linking cigarettes to cancer, according to Matthew Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/mitt...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#773310 Oct 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What haven't they been able to generate a budget? You told us everything but.
I'd let a Reagan adviser explain, but I'd like to see what the current propaganda is.
In the written English language, it's a question.
Here it is again:

Why haven't the Democrats been able to generate a budget?

Without a budget, you don't even have a goddam plan. Even when the Democrats had a super majority in the Senate and dominant control of the House, they still couldn't generate a budget.
Please tell us why.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773311 Oct 16, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>certainly you know that the housing crisis started when Clinton said 'everyone should have a home'. He just forgot to tell them they would have to pay for it. Brooksley Born knew and what happened to her? Clinton fired her.
Why didn't it start when Bush said it?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773312 Oct 16, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>

President Obama signed a law to get affordable coverage for all.

Ffffffffck you!
Try just more robbinghoodieTic half rotten apple cart before broke back mule TAX and FINE of the UNinsured Working class poor--and you might have something that's "truth"!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
NO MORE robbinghoodieTIC type TAXES on the working class poor!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773313 Oct 16, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Whole lot of church
Very little religion
It's the teabag culture...
Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of evil that want to destroy my family, my Country, and me...

The Belt of Truth
I buckle the belt of truth around my waist. Help me be a person of truth and reliability. Please give me the words to say when people ask why I follow Jesus. Help me tell about Jesus' death and resurrection and his promise of eternal life to those who believe in him.

The Breastplate of Righteousness
Heavenly father in the name of Jesus I take the breastplate of righteousness. Thank you for giving me God's righteousness because I am not perfect. God graciously protects me with his own righteousness because&#65279; I believe in Jesus Christ.

The Gospel of Peace
In the name of Jesus I stand firmly on feet prepared with the gospel of peace. Help me to resist temptation and stay away from people, places, and situations that tempt me.
Lord… help me live in peace with my family and other believers as much as it&#65279; depends on you.

The Shield of Faith
Lord in the&#65279; name of Jesus I lift up the shield of Faith. Help me to hold up the shield and stop the hours of doubt, despair and hopelessness that the enemy constantly shoots at me.

The Helmet of Salvation
Father in the name of Jesus I place upon my head the helmet of Salvation. Help me to know that no matter how tough this life is… Jesus&#65279; has conquered sin. And I live with the assurance that one day I will live with God in heaven.

Sword of the Spirit
I use the sword of the spirit, the word of God, in the name of Jesus. I thank You giving me Your word Lord, the good news of Jesus Christ, help me to tell others about Him. In&#65279; the name of Jesus I ask you to seal this prayer about my faith, equip me and confirm this prayer. I will stand guard against the powers of darkness, I will resist temptations and guard myself from vulnerable positions. I will pray persistently for my fellow believers in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...The Armor of God Prayer
In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3
Thank you
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773315 Oct 16, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
A large portion liberals are academics, union employees or government workers. Most are clueless when it comes to business issues. They view business leaders as cruel tyrants that should be operating primarily to serve the good of society. Makes for a good fairy tale but nothing more.
Peppy, you're an azzhole. We do not view business owners as cruel tyrants. Rather we view them as stupid azzholes. And, here's a thoughtful question for you, Peppy: if it's not 'the good of society' you're serving, then why should we keep you alive at all?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#773316 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that the vast majority of climatologists agree that global warming is real, caused by man, and will cause changes in our climate that will likely cause severe problems in our future.
We need to act now.
If these people are right, we could prevent these problems.
If they are wrong, we will have a cleaner atmosphere.
If you are wrong, our grandchildren will suffer.
So your solution is to put future generations at risk to save what?
The climate has been warming since the last ice age began to subside, you ignorant idiot.
And, how about you reference all the fraudulent "science" by your so-called "climatologists" that was blown out of the water by real scientists.

So, please tell us how we can prevent the Earth from warming. How are you going to stop the warming that has been constant for over 10,000 goddam years?

The Earth was without ice previously. It will be without ice again. It's a natural process. Get used to the idea, dupe.

Newville, PA

#773317 Oct 16, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to put content into your post. I'll help you. Here's the post again.
There are a lot of statements in the post. Pick any out and argue your case.
You got your ass kicked from here to Baku the last time you tried to promote the lies the Democrats invented.
Ho Chi Minh didn't become a concern until he asked the Soviet Union to help him in the war he started against the French after he went to Paris and asked them to come back to Veitnam. The Soviet Union used this as an opportunity to expand their influence during the Cold War. He didn't become significant until the Soviet Union was supporting his invasions of South Vietnam. If he never invaded South Vietnam, he'd be about as significant as some other small-pond bullshit dictator with too big of an ego in the world.
Listen carefully to this. This is the key ingredient to understanding the US involvement in Vietnam:
As the Soviet Union increased its involvement in the invasions of South Vietnam, the US increased its involvement in the defense of South Vietnam.
That means the US involvement didn't become significant until after Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Let's say that again:
Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Immediately after the UN authorized the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh began invading South Vietnam.
This is exactly like how the proxy war in Korea started.
Now, idiot, here's the key:
As the Soviet involvement in the communist invasions of South Vietnam increased, the US involvement in the defense of South Vietnam increased.
US involvement didn't become direct until AFTER the UN divided the country.
The Soviet Union involvement was already at a significant level prior to this. In fact, as I told your ignorant ass previously, the communist used Soviet weapons at the battle of Dien Bien Phu, which was before the Soviet Union petitioned the UN to divide Vietnam into two separate countries.
The Cold War is a global war.
The Soviet Union is engaged in Vietnam.
The communists divide Vietnam into two countries.
The communists begin invading free South Vietnam.
The US assists South Vietnam.
The strategy of the United States during the Cold War was not to abandon our allies and run away.
You seem to be ignorant of all of this.
As for Nixon winning the war, the war was all but over in 1970 when the NVA ran away to avoid destruction when the US forces entered the Parrot's Beak in 1970. They waited until US ground forces left Vietnam in 1971 to launch the largest communist invasion of the war. They were defeated by the South Vietnamese WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM US GROUND COMBAT UNITS.
Now, I want you to begin your next post with one of the lies in the system of lies the Democrats invented about Vietnam:
"The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for themselves."
Then tell us about how the communists defeated the South Vietnamese in 1972 when they mounted the single largest invasion of the war, the Easter Offensive of 1972.
... got a problem, don't you....
It seems the single largest invasion of the war wasn't successful, and there is no history of any US ground combat units fighting against the communists.
Was it aliens from space that beat the communists?
Or, was it the South Vietnamese?
Now, tell us how the Democrat-controlled congress of 1973 helped the ally of the United States after they defeated a massive communist invasion during the Cold War.
If the US did not know who he was, why did we eek his help in WWII?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#773318 Oct 16, 2012
Liar alert!

Vultures like Mitt loom for perfectly healthy profitable companies!

They swoop in, fire everyone,

Then "harvest" the pension funds and assets to make a quick buck.

You are more disgusting than a Mormon marrying a 12 year old for defiant sxxxxxx play!

26,000 dead on right winger hands. Every year! No insurance for you! Die in the streets of the USA!
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you liberals that kind of misinformation is not working anymore. Pointing to a few failures by Bain does not diminish the many success stories. Private equity firms look for distressed companies to turn around thus making a profit in the process. Not all such attempts are successful. Only the naive think otherwise.
Most americans are seeing the truth of his efforts, not you of course.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773319 Oct 16, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
A large portion liberals are academics, union employees or government workers. Most are clueless when it comes to business issues. They view business leaders as cruel tyrants that should be operating primarily to serve the good of society. Makes for a good fairy tale but nothing more.
You're right, all of those business leaders are not there to serve the good of society. They should all outsource to other countries because that will probably be a better bottom line.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#773320 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
So, um, Janey honey. How does it feel being pushed to the back of the bus and raped? I'm not going to have to worry about you, Janey, am I? Cause, Janey, you're already on thin ice.. I'd hate to see it break under you..
Yepperz delving into the name stealing business? Could it be a reaction to the growing anxiety all liberals are feeling as reality starts to sink in?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#773321 Oct 16, 2012
Let's see, tonight it's Candy Crowley. Who's the next unbiased moderator...Paul Krugman? Chrissy Matthews? Hey, I know, how 'bout Rachel Maddow?

Sheesh...talk about a stacked deck.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#773322 Oct 16, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a number
26,000 dead USA citizens every year!
Because people like you and bozo faced bachmann just don't care!
President Obama signed a law to get affordable coverage for all.
Great!
But you dumb pro death Republicans would rather have that blood on your hands?
Tell your Jesus: I let 26,000 die every year in the USA,
because right wingers are the greediest azzzzzholes on earth.
Tax cuts or insurance?
Ffffffffck you!
Here is a number:

"•In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from an estimated 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S.(AGI)."

http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abor...

Obama supports a lot of deaths.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773323 Oct 16, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you liberals that kind of misinformation is not working anymore. Pointing to a few failures by Bain does not diminish the many success stories. Private equity firms look for distressed companies to turn around thus making a profit in the process. Not all such attempts are successful. Only the naive think otherwise.
Most americans are seeing the truth of his efforts, not you of course.
That's because you see it from an investors point of view. Investing in a distressed company, inflating it with debt, firing all the employees, eliminating their pensions and then filing bankruptcy is vulture capitalism. Yes the investors make money; but at whose expense? All the creditors of that company get screwed, as do the employees who have lost their jobs and pensions, the town is devastated because it's one of the only employers.
You want this man to be President? He has no ethics, no empathy, is a proven liar whose whole life has been a profiteer.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773326 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that the vast majority of climatologists agree that global warming is real, caused by man, and will cause changes in our climate that will likely cause severe problems in our future.
We need to act now.
If these people are right, we could prevent these problems.
If they are wrong, we will have a cleaner atmosphere.
If you are wrong, our grandchildren will suffer.
So your solution is to put future generations at risk to save what?
So, how about subsidizing CLEAN energy programs already in existance-PROVEN to be working--to even BETTER them---rather than just WASTING tax dollars chasing rainbows of FAILOUTS?

Or, you can ride a broke back mule.

Your choice.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#773327 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure fantasy.
Saul Alinsky - "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule."

Pick any actual quote from below and tell us why the person referenced didn't say what the Wall Street Journal said they said.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when the Democrats use George Bush as a reference to defend their bullshit. I suppose everything the Democrats do is Bush's fault....
"Convoluted"
A straight-line progression of negotiating points from the Democrats and the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hids the CRA failure, then putting this on a time line showing the coincidence of the Democrats being given what they want with their support for the Iraq operation may seem convoluted to you. After all, you're stupid enough to gobble up the obvious lies of the Democrats.
"So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?"
Here's the relevant quotes showing the Democrats protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while they cook the books:
Barney Frank - " I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios."
... and "I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
OFHEO Director Armando Falcon Jr - "OFHEO [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] did not improperly apply accounting rules; Freddie Mac did. OFHEO did not try to manage earnings improperly; Freddie Mac did. So this isn't about the agency's engagement in improper conduct, it is about Freddie Mac. Let me just correct the record on that. I have been asking for these additional authorities for four years now. I have been asking for additional resources, the independent appropriations assessment powers."
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D., N.Y.)- " I am just pissed off at OFHEO because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place."
"And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?"
If you read the material, you will see that this was an issue going all the way back to when Bill Clinton began this economic nightmare when he strong-armed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into pushing the Democrats' ludicrous subprime housing loan program nationwide. It was 2003 when it came before Congress in hearings that were called because the threat to our economy had been identified, and because the Democrats demanded the Republicans give in to them over their subprime program that eventually collapsed our economy.
The bottom line is, the Republicans gave the Democrats what they wanted, in exchange the Democrats were for the Iraq operation (before they were against it), the Democrats gained full oversight of their ludicrous subprime housing loan program, and after 2 years of Democrat oversight that program collapsed our economy.
Now, let's compare the timelines of the Republicans giving to the Democrats their wish for no effective oversight of their insane subprime loan program that ultimately collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by Democrats to the timeline of the Democrats being for the Iraq operation before they were against it.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#773328 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we say it because Republicans want to roll back EPA regulations.
WTF do you think it means when they want government to get out of the way.
That's a lie. All we want to do is take the EPA, IRS, ED, PPACA, HUD, and dozens more like them, bulldoze them all into a huge pile and start an immense, fat burning, global warming, air polluting, hot-dog roasting, bonfire.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773329 Oct 16, 2012

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Whole lot of church
Very little religion
It's the teabag culture...

IF that is 'true'
Satanism must be the 'lib' culture

*_*

Newville, PA

#773330 Oct 16, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
North American energy independence eliminates reliance on Middle East sources.....
I get it. Before it was our energy independence & now you ply the trick of substituting North American? The Romney trick he uses to dupe the right whiners.

It makes no difference. Global oil market does not distinguish the source of the oil. Price will not change.

Money crossing our borders has the same effect on our economy regardless.

Not buying from friendly sources in the Middle East & other friendly non-North America sources would damage those relationships.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Acolyte 49,212
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min KiMerde 51,252
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min Eric 71,024
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawau 181,832
New Beach Boys song. 7 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH