Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250365 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#773461 Oct 16, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS would slap the sh*t out of lazy parasites.
GFY, Gunner--you have as much chance of fitting through the hole of a doughnut as you have of entering the kingdom of Jesus. http://youtu.be/gMTplOQbEDc
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773462 Oct 16, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS would slap the sh*t out of lazy parasites.
Wow, you are totally off your rocker

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773463 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because it's not true except only in your distorted ideologic mind.
How do you feel about Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Alan West, Ron Chritie, Eldridge Cleaver, Artur Davis, Frederick Douglas, Alfreda King and Mia Love - just to name a few?
Please say you agree with their political ideology because they're black. I dare ya'.
Evidently you can't recognize a racial slur.

I can agree or disagree with any of those people without using a slur.

Something you pathetic racist friends seem to have trouble with on Topix.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773464 Oct 16, 2012
Reporter: "Is Hillary to blame for Benghazi?" Obama: Silence. Kept walking.

Throws a woman under the buss and then does nothing to help her -that is Obama
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773465 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because it's not true except only in your distorted ideologic mind.
How do you feel about Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Alan West, Ron Chritie, Eldridge Cleaver, Artur Davis, Frederick Douglas, Alfreda King and Mia Love - just to name a few?
Please say you agree with their political ideology because they're black. I dare ya'.
You suffer from republican reading comprehensions syndrome
carol

Orlando, FL

#773466 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:24
All true Christians believe this.
Most Christians actually believe "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" since Jesus was more concerned how you view your treasure than being prosperous - and whether your treasure here on earth was more important than your treasure in heaven.

Prosperity wasn't a sin during Jesus' day and it's not a sin now. Greed, envy and hoarding, however, was and still is.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#773467 Oct 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd call him a socialist
The informed world calls Obama what he is.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#773468 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Tom Brokaw Blames Obama For Deficit
October 16, 2012 by Bryan Nash
UPI FILE
While appearing on “Meet the Press,” Tom Brokaw weighed in on the problem of the national deficit. The retired news anchor said that it has only gotten worse under President Barack Obama’s watch.
The Obama campaign has repeatedly harped on the unclear economic plan of Mitt Romney. Brokaw said that Romney should turn the tables and ask the President to describe in specific detail what he plans to do to reverse the problem he has caused.
“I do think that the governor is right, and we’ll expect to hear Governor Romney go after President Obama this time about ‘I want more details about your plan. You keep harping on me. I haven’t heard the details in your plan as well.’”
He went on to insinuate that the President needs to take responsibility.
Referring to debates that Obama was involved in before he was President, Brokaw commented,“President Obama was saying,‘Look we’ve got a deficit of a half of a trillion dollars. I’m gonna get that under control.’ Well this week, that deficit is 1.1 trillion dollars and it happened on his watch.”
Tom Brokaw is no partisan hack. He truly calls it as he sees it and always has.
carol

Orlando, FL

#773469 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:24
All true Christians believe this.
Are you a Christian, Homer?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#773470 Oct 16, 2012
Honey Boo Boo endorses Obama.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#773471 Oct 16, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
How bad is Obama's economy? Our GDP growth is worse than Cuba.
One good banana harvest can cause Cuba's GDP to spike__could you have made a stupider comparison
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#773472 Oct 16, 2012
Romney maintains that he won't make cuts to social security ($778 billion) or defense spending ($902 billion) and will continue to pay the interest on the national debt to avoid default ($225 billion). Just these three line items would cost $1.9 trillion, leaving just $564 billion left over for everything else. Health spending, Medicare and Medicaid, cost $864 billion this year, so Romney's proposed voucher system, which would replace President Obama's health care plan, would need to achieve $300 billion in annual savings for the budget to balance -- three times the amount expected.

But let's assume he solves the healthcare problems and is able to cut spending and maintain care (again a very generous assumption), there would still be nothing left over to pay for anything else. Not only would this entail unrealistic cuts in health care spending it also would require wiping out total federal support for education ($153 billion); all social welfare projects - including unemployment benefits ($452 billion), civil protection - including federal grants for local police & firefighters ($62 billion), all government agencies and regulators ($33.6 billion), transportation like interstate highway maintenance ($102 billion), and every other government program you can think of from stimulus funds to research grants ($199 billion). In this case, much of the $219 billion in saving the Romney campaign identified would ultimately not be necessary here because the government would essentially no longer exist.

President Obama promised to cut the budget deficit in half by the end of his first term in office – he missed his target by about $700 billion. While voters loyal to the President will probably excuse him for not shrinking the budget gap, Romney's core constituency won't be as forgiving. Unless the Romney campaign presents a clear vision of its plans, then many of those fiscally conservative Republicans might not bother showing up at the polls

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#773473 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
It occurs to me that Tarzan had a sister named Jane, and she liked to stand down at the bottom of the tree looking up whenever Tarzan landed... coincidence?
It would appear that some Jane's are much funnier than others?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773474 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Stevens volunteered for the job and knew the risks.
I thought you tea bag azzholes believed in personal responsibility.
He was being paid. Right?
They'll be sucking on that bone for the next month. The car thief arsonist will waste the people money on more hearings.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#773475 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>A couple of shut-ins who haven't gotten laid since Nixon resigned in disgrace, swatting at each other with a rolled up NY Post.
Are you accusing the Janes of having sex in the oval office with Nixon?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#773476 Oct 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Stevens volunteered for the job and knew the risks.
I thought you tea bag azzholes believed in personal responsibility.
He was being paid. Right?

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#773477 Oct 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:24
All true Christians believe this.
That means an Elephant has no chance in hell....
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#773478 Oct 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
In their rent controlled apartment above the meatball shop in Queens!
an Obama supporter residence
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773479 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Tom Brokaw Blames Obama For Deficit
October 16, 2012 by Bryan Nash
UPI FILE
While appearing on “Meet the Press,” Tom Brokaw weighed in on the problem of the national deficit. The retired news anchor said that it has only gotten worse under President Barack Obama’s watch.
The Obama campaign has repeatedly harped on the unclear economic plan of Mitt Romney. Brokaw said that Romney should turn the tables and ask the President to describe in specific detail what he plans to do to reverse the problem he has caused.
“I do think that the governor is right, and we’ll expect to hear Governor Romney go after President Obama this time about ‘I want more details about your plan. You keep harping on me. I haven’t heard the details in your plan as well.’”
He went on to insinuate that the President needs to take responsibility.
Referring to debates that Obama was involved in before he was President, Brokaw commented,“President Obama was saying,‘Look we’ve got a deficit of a half of a trillion dollars. I’m gonna get that under control.’ Well this week, that deficit is 1.1 trillion dollars and it happened on his watch.”
Was he drooling when he said that?

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#773480 Oct 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Where am I wrong?
every time you post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min RACE 99,861
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Coffee Party 191,916
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 20 min TerryE 73
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 53,912
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,133
Trump 5 hr wellsdrive 1
aggy-6-30-15 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages