Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773177 Oct 16, 2012
Jesus H Flynt Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it feel for Romney to turn on you Tea Baggers?
Try stay focused on the subject context, for just 30 seconds, for dat hopey changey feewing, and you might get a real clue-Romney is NOt a part of the pchitcargo poliTical "machine"...otay?
According to Lou Dobbs: since 1971, over 1000 Chicago politicians have gone to jail.
How the ‘Chicago Machine’ Operates
The ‘Chicago Machine’ modus operandi could be summarized by the following:
To merge the collective interest of the three largest ethnic groups in the City;
To use its voting base to guarantee political representation;
To ensure political participation (and order) through a highly ***regimented*** and organized system of neighborhood ombudsmen (also known as ward bosses, committeemen, and councilmen)
Many people hear the term,‘Pay for Play’ and assume that it is always an overt attempt to bribe someone for political access. While we see from Rod Blagojevich’s indictment that those egregious examples of greed exist, it is important to understand that a Pay for Play scheme rarely results in the direct exchange of cash for a favor.
Unbeknownst to the average citizen,‘Pay for Play’ is seen most commonly through the allocation of city, state, and federal contracts.
When it’s all said and done, it’s difficult to foresee if the way things are done will change much in this city. Geographically located to broker commerce, demographically suited to maintain its formidable political identity, and forever tied to its legacy of patronage, most are not waiting in expectation for the city to become a poster child for a transparent government.
S, Kay. Pimps. Preachers and Poloticians-Chicago’s Political History: Blago’s in Jail, Who’s Got Next? Chicagonow.com . 3/15/2012
Peeeyew...stinks of regimish-ness.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
CLEAN Air for everyone-NOT just some!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#773178 Oct 16, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like the Obama/Bernanke policy of QE3......and Porkulus....
Exactly. Neither has worked nor will they.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#773179 Oct 16, 2012
What a filthy liar!

He was right out in front of this. OMG!

President Obama and the Democrats care about the people.

Republicans: no insurance for you! Just die in the street from cancer!

Yeah!

26,000 die in the USA EVERY YEAR! No access to insurance. Republicans have refused to allow affordable coverage for all.

That is low! Way way way way low down in hell low!

Republicans: pro death?

26,000 every year! USA citizens!

Search: Mitt Romney filthy greedy azzzzzzhole

(Find the link yourself you right wing gutter death btttttch)
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Did I mention an embassy? Did I say Obama had lied under oath? Perhaps you have confused Nixon with Clinton; your rant is difficult to follow.
Obama, et al, claimed for a month that the consulate, as well as other US sovereign soil was attacked because of a movie, knowing full well their dead ambassador had been threatened and the consulate had been recently attackedby terrorists. The prez, vp, SofS, and UN ambassador repeated the bogus story to the world, and apologized for the video maker exercising his 1st Amendment right.
What we learned with Watergate is it isn't the crime, it's the cover up. Obama is a dangerous and dishonest individual. Ethically, he makes Nixon look like an eagle scout, economically and leadership wise, he makes Carter look like a Rhodes scholar.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#773180 Oct 16, 2012
Mitt Romney: The Great Deformer

Is Romney really a job creator? Ronald Reagan’s budget director, David Stockman, takes a scalpel to the claims.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...

See what I mean?
fred

Milford, CT

#773181 Oct 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Convoluted.
So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?
And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?
The Kenyan is 100% responsible for the deaths of 1000s of Mexicans and the rape of white women in AZ. F&F was a classic KGB operation to undermine the second amendment.

Smuggle guns to Mexican drug cartel in return for cocaine shipments to Chicago? Really?

Documents: Feds allegedly allowed Sinaloa cartel to move cocaine ...
Aug 4, 2011 ... Documents: Feds allegedly allowed Sinaloa cartel to move cocaine into U.S. for
... ABC News: Operation Fast and Furious guns linked to Juárez massacres .... to
the United States to face drug-trafficking charges in Chicago.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773182 Oct 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Convoluted.
So are you saying that when F&F cooked the books, during Bush, that it was the Dems fault?
And that after Bush's 2002 'we need to make sure by any means possible that every American owns a home' speech that the sub prime market didn't expand 10 fold? And that it was never an issue until 2007?
Don't look at the CEO's of FnF and it'll be okay- okay?

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#773183 Oct 16, 2012
kuda wrote:
Countdown to the debate...
Today’s the day!
Town hall time with undecideds and Candy. Oh yeah!
- Will Romney alienate the audience?
- Will Obama not let Romney get away with his lie-and-deny strategy?
relying on a biased moderator instead of Hussein Obama himself smells of desperation.....

monkeys rarely change their spots.....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#773184 Oct 16, 2012
Jimmy John's founder and CEO: Obamacare will add $0.50 to the cost of each sandwich even after we cut all employees to 28 hours. To stay competitive we will have to do what every other company is doing. Cutting all our employees to 28 hours. We will become a country of part timers. Thanks libtards!!!
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#773185 Oct 16, 2012
AGREE AGREE AGREE
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Amazed ?
1. The National Debt
You must be easily amazed or easily fooled. Our national debt of $16 trillion is not from President Obama, it’s from many Presidents, Congressmen and Senators over many years Republicans and Democrats alike. The largest increase to the debt is from tax cuts for the wealthy,$2 billion a week for foreign wars lasting 12 years and wall street bailouts. There are over 400 Congressmen and over 100 Senators in Washington DC but only one President. Our country has many issues, don’t blame one man for them unless his name ends in Bush.
2. ObamaCare
ObamaCare will bring better health care to everyone and will allow more people to get health care coverage.
Their are two groups of people who are concerned about ObamaCare, the health care industry itself. They have spent many years and millions of dollars making the health care game just the way they want it, against you and me, financially. When it comes to price increases, the sky is the limit. Not anymore.
The other group of people is anyone and everyone the health care industry can scare and make afraid of change. ObamaCare is actually called - The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Maybe you just don’t know much about it.
www.barackobama.com/health-care...
3. Your statement about people on welfare and food stamps.
With Mitt Romney and other big business men sending jobs to China so they can cut the throat of American workers to save a buck, he has a making it in China and selling it in America business plan. With Mitt Romney more people will be on welfare and food stamps. This man is not presidential material – at all.
4. Middle Class - News Flash
Mitt Romney cares nothing for the middle class or the 47% of Americans he bad-mouth’s often in his $50,000.00 a plate fundraisers with the rich. How much food do you get for fifty thousand dollars a plate? Middle class people, he will raise your taxes to pay for a tax cut for the wealthy , end of story. It’s your money $$$$ who should spend it, you or Mitt Romeny and Paul Ryan?
Now go vote .
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773186 Oct 16, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take off the horse blinders the Democrats like to put on the American population and look at the real world situation.
"So whatever caused the 2007-9 recession...."
Answer: the Democrats' lunatic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy.
"...had to have resulted from policies that the Bush administration was responsible for...."
Bipartisan effort to include the Democrats' demand for no effective oversight of their ludicrous subprime housing mortgate underwriting program that collapsed our economy, combined with Democrat oversight of the very financial institutions that caused the economic collapse for two years immediately before the collapse.
"...either by initiating them or failing to act against them."
Here is a link to inform you of the Democrats' negotiating position when they were negotiating with the Republicans:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912...
Barney Frank - " I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios."
... and "I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
OFHEO Director Armando Falcon Jr - "OFHEO [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] did not improperly apply accounting rules; Freddie Mac did. OFHEO did not try to manage earnings improperly; Freddie Mac did. So this isn't about the agency's engagement in improper conduct, it is about Freddie Mac. Let me just correct the record on that. I have been asking for these additional authorities for four years now. I have been asking for additional resources, the independent appropriations assessment powers."
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D., N.Y.)- " I am just pissed off at OFHEO because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place."
So, here you have the potential disaster to our economy identified as early as 2003, and the Democrats pushing harder for this obviously dangerous program to be expanded.
Now, let's compare the timelines of the Republicans giving to the Democrats their wish for no effective oversight of their insane subprime loan program that ultimately collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by Democrats to the timeline of the Democrats being for the Iraq operation before they were against it.
.... damn. Looks like the Democrats traded their (temporary) support for the war effort for no effective oversight of their subprime program that collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by the Democrats.
WTH we doing in Libya-yoga campaigns AND US givverment failed statehoodie type housing?

KEYSTONE-American energy independence-taking care of AMERICA-in America--for America!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#773187 Oct 16, 2012
Well I have to go put a new battery in the wife's truck. I shall return later.
carol

Orlando, FL

#773188 Oct 16, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating that same lie Carol. Obamacare came a year after the stimulus package that contrary to statements by the GOP did create jobs and pull the economy back from a full blown depression. Your assertion that Obamacare is the Pandora's box of all the ills afflicting this country is also a load of crap. Romneycare has the same employer mandates as PPACA and it had no effect on business in Massachusetts which enjoys a lower unemployment rate than the national average.
It's the Republicans who swore a blood oath to block anything that would improve the economy and then use this lack of progress on the president so that they could regain power you clueless twit.
For every job his stimulus created, it cost the taxpayers $278,000 per job. Not exactly the kind of job stimulus we were anticipating. These people weren't making $278,000 but Obama somehow created a unique class of 1%'ers - for taxpayers.

So basically, his stimulus failed and, right behind it, Obamacare made sure the job crisis continued and served as a catalyst for a stagnant and snail-crawling slow recovery of the economy.

It's a no-win combination for Obama any way you look at it.
Nelson

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#773189 Oct 16, 2012
Dont play with jesus name. It shows your position in all issues(Silly). Im black and it was hard choosing between Hillary and Obama but republicans have a nasty track record. If you cant see that Obama and Democrats are clearly for the people and by the people than you have personal issues against either minorities, lower class, gays, women or you're just simply an antagonizer.
Nelson

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#773190 Oct 16, 2012
Dont worry. They are exposing thier ignorance, arrogance and bigotry openly because of thier hate. But if thier children dont denounce them than thier grand children will. TRUTH always wins.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#773191 Oct 16, 2012
Mayonnaise Jar and Two Beers. You all should try to find this story and read it. It is way cool!
fred

Milford, CT

#773192 Oct 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i need to keep you on the 'no rational reason to reply' list. you and DBiter.
pfftt...you're on our Kenyan commie occupier scum liar list

ROSS PEROT REAPPEARS: We Can’t Afford Obama.“The fact is the United States is on an unsustainable course. At stake is nothing less than our position in the world, our standard of living at home and our constitutional freedoms. That is why I am endorsing Mitt Romney for president. We can’t afford four more years in which debt mushrooms out of control, our government grows and our military is weakened.”
fred

Milford, CT

#773193 Oct 16, 2012
Nelson wrote:
Dont play with jesus name. It shows your position in all issues(Silly). Im black and it was hard choosing between Hillary and Obama but republicans have a nasty track record. If you cant see that Obama and Democrats are clearly for the people and by the people than you have personal issues against either minorities, lower class, gays, women or you're just simply an antagonizer.
The Indonesian dog eating Muslim communist Kenyan hoodie mau mau is a Manchurian Candidate planted to destroy America from within. And he is succeeding.

Release the Kenyan's college transcripts! Enrolled as a foreign student? Really?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773194 Oct 16, 2012
Nelson wrote:
Are you saying any other labelduhm label cannot possibly accept people as they are--as in NOT based on race, creed (you forgot creed!) gender, class or personal preferences of ANY sort (as voting, foods, hair color, partnering etc)?

People that only want to twist, distort bait and divide with that type of stuff-ARE the antagonizers!

As if political track records are those of any sort of "moral virute" category.

Spare us more stupidity and stick to REAL issues. God knows, there's plenty enough of them!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#773195 Oct 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't look at the CEO's of FnF and it'll be okay- okay?
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Like Raines? What do you think Bush was telling him when he made those trips to the WH so they could work out how to make sure that those low income folks could get a home loan that they couldn't actually afford?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773196 Oct 16, 2012
Nelson wrote:
Dont worry. They are exposing thier ignorance, arrogance and bigotry openly because of thier hate. But if thier children dont denounce them than thier grand children will. TRUTH always wins.
and the ignorance of hatred always loses.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012

It's called Democracy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min KiMerde 51,255
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min loose cannon 181,840
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min TRD 68,885
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min positronium 49,223
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,045
2 cops executed in new york 3 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 3 hr The Patriot 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]