Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263787 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773346 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, all of those business leaders are not there to serve the good of society. They should all outsource to other countries because that will probably be a better bottom line.
Exactly! Then they don't have to contend with safe working conditions, providing health insurance, retirement funds, minimum wages, raises, workmans compensation, sexual harrassment, 40 hour work weeks, overtime pay, income taxes, unemployment insurance, liability insurance...
Go to China! Have kids work 7 days a week and sleep at the factories with no breaks and 10-12 hour days for $20.00 a month!
Eff the American workers! Pure profit, that's the American Capitalist way! Ask Mitt! He'll give seminars on how to avoid all US taxes, filter the profits through Luxembourg and Switzerland, then to the Cayman Islands, and back here to filter through the Mormon Church! Elect Mitt Romney!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#773347 Oct 16, 2012
Is it a brave and party-loyal Hillary Clinton, choosing to fall on the proverbial sword instead of waiting to be pushed under the Obama bus?

Will the amateur you fools put in the White House EVER take responsibility for ANYTHING negative?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#773348 Oct 16, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Clinton was president before Bush, idiot.
I get it, Clinton was the first President ever to push home ownership & then Bush threw gasoline on that fire. The Republicans passing Graham, Bailey & Leach removed the fire extinguishers. But its all Clinton's fault.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#773349 Oct 16, 2012
Another liar!

When a woman has a baby: labeled with pre existing condition!

Right wingers: no insurance for you!

JUST DIE IN THE STREET.

that is after all the Republican way!

Medical bills number one cause of bankruptcy!

Lose your house!

Republicans: under our "leadership" we have turned USA hospitals into the number one bill collectors!

Hospitals: we have to employ lawyers instead of Dr.'s!

Thanks heartless right winger scum!

26,000 already born: just die!
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a number:
"•In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from an estimated 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S.(AGI)."
http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abor...
Obama supports a lot of deaths.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773351 Oct 16, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Leo, as one luscious woman to another, just let me say that smell fabulous when you just step out of the shower.
imagine being so useless and contributing so little to society, that you find time to hijack another poster's name on a daily basis. as the saying goes:

Idle time is a Democrat's workshop.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#773352 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If the US did not know who he was, why did we eek his help in WWII?
You seem to have a serious problem reading and comprehending the English language. Where in the hell did you get from the post that the US didn't know who he was? I suppose that "variable truth" rule from Saul Alinsky kicked in...

Here's the post again. This time, don't invent content that isnn't there.

Ho Chi Minh didn't become a concern until he asked the Soviet Union to help him in the war he started against the French after he went to Paris and asked them to come back to Veitnam. The Soviet Union used this as an opportunity to expand their influence during the Cold War. He didn't become significant until the Soviet Union was supporting his invasions of South Vietnam. If he never invaded South Vietnam, he'd be about as significant as some other small-pond bullshit dictator with too big of an ego in the world.
Listen carefully to this. This is the key ingredient to understanding the US involvement in Vietnam:
As the Soviet Union increased its involvement in the invasions of South Vietnam, the US increased its involvement in the defense of South Vietnam.
That means the US involvement didn't become significant until after Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Let's say that again:
Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Immediately after the UN authorized the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh began invading South Vietnam.
This is exactly like how the proxy war in Korea started.
Now, idiot, here's the key:
As the Soviet involvement in the communist invasions of South Vietnam increased, the US involvement in the defense of South Vietnam increased.
US involvement didn't become direct until AFTER the UN divided the country.
The Soviet Union involvement was already at a significant level prior to this. In fact, as I told your ignorant ass previously, the communist used Soviet weapons at the battle of Dien Bien Phu, which was before the Soviet Union petitioned the UN to divide Vietnam into two separate countries.
The Cold War is a global war.
The Soviet Union is engaged in Vietnam.
The communists divide Vietnam into two countries.
The communists begin invading free South Vietnam.
The US assists South Vietnam.
The strategy of the United States during the Cold War was not to abandon our allies and run away.
You seem to be ignorant of all of this.
As for Nixon winning the war, the war was all but over in 1970 when the NVA ran away to avoid destruction when the US forces entered the Parrot's Beak in 1970. They waited until US ground forces left Vietnam in 1971 to launch the largest communist invasion of the war. They were defeated by the South Vietnamese WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM US GROUND COMBAT UNITS.
Now, I want you to begin your next post with one of the lies in the system of lies the Democrats invented about Vietnam:
"The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for themselves."
Then tell us about how the communists defeated the South Vietnamese in 1972 when they mounted the single largest invasion of the war, the Easter Offensive of 1972.
... got a problem, don't you....
It seems the single largest invasion of the war wasn't successful, and there is no history of any US ground combat units fighting against the communists.
Was it aliens from space that beat the communists?
Or, was it the South Vietnamese?
Now, tell us how the Democrat-controlled congress of 1973 helped the ally of the United States after they defeated a massive communist invasion during the Cold War.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#773353 Oct 16, 2012
Jesus Christ Superstar Democrat
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773354 Oct 16, 2012
Predicting Tonight’s Debate if Obama gets “aggressive:”

Candy Crowley: Welcome to this Town Hall-style forum, featuring the winner of the first debate, Mitt Romney, and Barack Obama, who promises to be less polite and more aggressive. The first question comes from a man with a ponytail.

Ponytail Guy: Mr. President, can I sit on your lap and will you tell me everything is going to be OK?

Obama: You can sit on my lap, certainly, but don’t try to sit in Mitt’s. He’s got some crazy underwear on under there.

Crowley: Gov. Romney, your rebuttal?

Romney: I was just thinking about a man who sat in my lap in the suffering swing-state town of Sandusky, Ohio. He said he’d been out of work for two years, and as I held him, I told him what I’ll tell you right now (and nice ponytail, by the way): Everything will work out as long as I win in November, but if I don’t, all the laps in the world won’t save him or you.

Obama: Did you say Sandusky, Ohio? Mitt, you want to do to America what Sandusky did to those boys!

If O gets ‘aggressive’
By JOHN PODHORETZ
Last Updated: 12:38 AM, October 16, 2012
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu ...

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#773355 Oct 16, 2012
Jesus Christ Superstar For OBAMA

Newville, PA

#773356 Oct 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how about subsidizing CLEAN energy programs already in existance-PROVEN to be working--to even BETTER them---rather than just WASTING tax dollars chasing rainbows of FAILOUTS?
Or, you can ride a broke back mule.
Your choice.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
They were. That 90 billion Romney & Ryan lie about contained billions to push energy saving home & business improvements. Helps thousands install panels, windmills, geothermal, insulation, etc.

It included money to help in the goal of cleaner coal.

It had money to improve the grid.

You know, stuff Romney said was a waste of money.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#773357 Oct 16, 2012
JESUS would take from the rich and give to the poor

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#773358 Oct 16, 2012
JESUS would have free healthcare for everyone
Jane Says

New York, NY

#773359 Oct 16, 2012
Predicting Tonight's Debate if Obama is even awake:

Crowley: The next question comes from a teacher.

Teacher: As a teacher responsible for molding the minds of precious young people, my question is what will you do to make sure I pay nothing for my health care and get more vacation?

Crowley: Gov. Romney?

Romney: I have a seven-point approach on these matters. I’ll now enumerate them so quickly you won’t be able to remember what I said but you’ll be impressed by how substantive I am.

Obama: I want 100,000 more teachers with 100,000 more vacations and 100,000 percent freer health care. If we hire those teachers, that will bring the unemployment rate down to 5 percent — you hear that, Bureau of Labor Statistics? Five Percent. On Nov. 2. at 8:31 am.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#773360 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Before it was our energy independence & now you ply the trick of substituting North American? The Romney trick he uses to dupe the right whiners.
It makes no difference. Global oil market does not distinguish the source of the oil. Price will not change.
Money crossing our borders has the same effect on our economy regardless.
Not buying from friendly sources in the Middle East & other friendly non-North America sources would damage those relationships.
Oh geez...I guess you aren't purposely trying to emulate the stereotypical portrait of left wingnutedness tree hugging.

See: embargos....then see "hay" for mule feed. Ya might need some!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
American energy independence FOR America-not against it!

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#773361 Oct 16, 2012
Jesus would turn the pentagon into housing for the homeless

Newville, PA

#773362 Oct 16, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... and you ran away from a discussion yesterday when you got caught mindlessly repeating the indoctrinated lies invented by the Democrats about Vietnam.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
blah... blah... blah... indoctrinated lies invented by the Democrats... blah... blah... blah...
DBWriter educated reality-challenged Dave thusly:
We knew who he was, like we know who anyone of significance is. Ho Chi Minh didn't become a concern until he asked the Soviet Union to help him in the war he started against the French after he went to Paris and asked them to come back to Veitnam. The Soviet Union used this as an opportunity to expand their influence during the Cold War. He didn't become significant until the Soviet Union was supporting his invasions of South Vietnam. If he never invaded South Vietnam, he'd be about as significant as some other small-pond bullshit dictator with too big of an ego in the world.
Listen carefully to this. This is the key ingredient to understanding the US involvement in Vietnam:
As the Soviet Union increased its involvement in the invasions of South Vietnam, the US increased its involvement in the defense of South Vietnam.
That means the US involvement didn't become significant until after Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Let's say that again:
Ho Chi Minh asked the Soviet Union to petition the UN to divide the country.
Immediately after the UN authorized the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh began invading South Vietnam.
This is exactly like how the proxy war in Korea started.
Now, idiot, here's the key:
As the Soviet involvement in the communist invasions of South Vietnam increased, the US involvement in the defense of South Vietnam increased.
US involvement didn't become direct until AFTER the UN divided the country.
The Soviet Union involvement was already at a significant level prior to this. In fact, as I told your ignorant ass previously, the communist used Soviet weapons at the battle of Dien Bien Phu, which was before the Soviet Union petitioned the UN to divide Vietnam into two separate countries.
The Cold War is a global war.
The Soviet Union is engaged in Vietnam.
The communists divide Vietnam into two countries.
The communists begin invading free South Vietnam.
The US assists South Vietnam.
The strategy of the United States during the Cold War was not to abandon our allies and run away.
You seem to be ignorant of all of this.
As for Nixon winning the war, the war was all but over in 1970 when the NVA ran away to avoid destruction when the US forces entered the Parrot's Beak in 1970. They waited until US ground forces left Vietnam in 1971 to launch the largest communist invasion of the war. They were defeated by the South Vietnamese WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM US GROUND COMBAT UNITS.
Now, I want you to begin your next post with one of the lies in the system of lies the Democrats invented about Vietnam:
"The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for themselves."
Then tell us about how the communists defeated the South Vietnamese in 1972 when they mounted the single largest invasion of the war, the Easter Offensive of 1972.
... got a problem, don't you....
It seems the single largest invasion of the war wasn't successful, and there is no history of any US ground combat units fighting against the communists.
Was it aliens from space that beat the communists?
Or, was it the South Vietnamese?
Now, tell us how the Democrat-controlled congress of 1973 helped the ally of the United States after they defeated a massive communist invasion during the Cold War.
I did not run away.

I proved you lied.

1) Ho Chi Mihn did not spend WWII in France

2) He spent it in Vietnam working with the US to fight the Japanese there.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#773363 Oct 16, 2012
Obama campaigning to save (Big Bird) so tonight feathers should be flying!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#773365 Oct 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with NAFTA.
I have a problem when you moronic right whiners blame Clinton for it.
Clinton's Problem Child: NAFTA at Three

Mark Weisbrot
Minneapolis Star Tribune, July 18, 1997
You know there's trouble when the President is required by law to make a report to Congress, and it's delayed and then released on a Friday. It means they want the press to bury it.

Such is the case with President Clinton's report on NAFTA, which was released last Friday. When he squeezed NAFTA through Congress, unable to get even a majority of his own party to vote for it, a lot of promises were made. NAFTA was supposed to create jobs, raise living standards on both sides of the border, reduce pressures for illegal immigration, and improve the natural environment.

After three and a half years it is clear that none of these rosy predictions have come to pass. On the contrary, the agreement seems to have worsened the situation on all fronts, and the public has soured on trade agreements in general. A recent poll by Bank of Boston showed Americans believe, by a large margin, that they result in fewer jobs and a worsening trade balance.

President Clinton did his best to put a happy face on the record, emphasizing that US exports increased by 37% from 1993 to 1996, to a record high. But US imports from Mexico have increased more than twice as fast as exports-- so fast that we went from a $1.7 billion trade surplus before NAFTA, to a $17.5 billion deficit with Mexico today.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-co...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#773366 Oct 16, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking academics, union employees, and government workers to feel sorry for business leaders?
Why is it that you feel like businesses need anyone to feel sorry for them?
The people that make those business grow and make money are the people who put their blood and sweat into those businesses, the academics, union workers, receptionist, mechanics, clerks, laborors, basically - the front line. Why should they feel sorry for their boss who in 95% of businesses are making 6-7 figures a year?
I'm not saying that we make them into bad people, because that they are not. Do they need to pay higher payroll and taxes for their business, no. Should they be individually responsible for the income they earn? YES. Just like everyone else is, down to that receptionist.
Many small business owners do not even take a salary in order to keep their businesses afloat and keep their employees on the payroll. They reinvest their profits back into their own companies and sacrifice their own profits. During the Eisenhower days when the tax rate was 91%, corporations chose to reinvest in their companies rather than pay out millions to ceos salaries. Health insurance benefits was a tool used to lure the best employees to work for them.
A responsible ceo would forfeit his multi million dollar salary to save his company; this still does happen on occasion. Jay Leno did this to save employees on the Tonight Show.
THE DEBIL

Oklahoma City, OK

#773367 Oct 16, 2012
THE ARMOUR OF HAMMER.

DEBIL ADJUST THE BREASTPLATE OF MANY TITTY-BARS... THANK YOU, SATAN, FO' THE BREASTPLATE, IT RIPPED, COOL!

DEBIL STRAP ON THE.. WELL.. THE JOCKSTRAP OF HUMILITY, WHICH HIS TESTICLES BULGE OUT OF LIKE A FAT LADY'S BOSOMS AT THE BEACH WHERE SHE GAMBLIN' AWAY HER LIFE SAVINGS.

DEBIL PRAY NOW TO SATAN, HEHEHEHEHEH, NO HE DON'! DEBIL IS SATAN, YOU CAN WEAR YOU GOLD HUSH PUPPIES FO' ALL HE CARE. HE RIP YOU ASS UP AN' SWALLOW YOU OL' WHITE TITS LIKE ALBINO MCNUGGETS. IT WHAT HE DO. IT JUS' BID'NESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 21 min Tristascottcom 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,597
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,323
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 100,283
Sasitorn boonsin 2 hr donna 1
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 10 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr Gas Woman 70,145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages