Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
716,701 - 716,720 of 1,079,655 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Federal prosecutors and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are in the final stages of a criminal probe into allegations that Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. misused campaign money to decorate his house, according to people familiar with the matter.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Here's one word:
Wendy Rosen, 57, who was running against Republican Rep. Andy Harris in Maryland’s 1st Congressional District, said she registered to vote in Florida to support a "very close friend" running for the St. Petersburg City Council and to vote on local issues there, the Sun reported. She voted in elections in both Maryland and Florida in 2006 and 2008 and said she was able to register in Florida because she owned property there.
According to the libs--this didn't happen. Coo coo.
ya-da ya-da

Republican U.S. House Staffers Indicted for Felony Election Fraud as GOP Fraud Epidemic Continues

MI prosecutors:'Blatant','disgrac eful' aides 'lost moral compass', were 'completely indifferent to requirements of law'

Given disenfranchising polling place Photo ID restriction laws Republicans have enacted in nearly a dozen states over the past year, you'd think there was an epidemic of Democratic "voter fraud" in this nation. That's certainly the way the GOP has framed it, fooled the corporate mainstream media into reporting it, and even scammed the White House and Congressional Democrats into going along with it when they signed legislation that defunded ACORN, a four-decade old community organization never found to have committed voter fraud, or even helped to see a single fraudulent vote cast in any election anywhere.

As it turns out, not only is there no such epidemic of Democratic voter fraud, but the opposite is true. Over the past year, very high profile Republicans --- including this year's presumed standard bearer, Mitt Romney; the Sec. of State of Indiana (the first state to institute polling place Photo ID restrictions) Charlie White; one time GOP front-runner Newt Gingrich; MO's new GOP nominee for the U.S. Senate Todd Akin; and the group hired the Sacramento, CA Republican Party to collect voter registrations this year for Rep. Dan Lungren; among others (all detailed below)--- have each been revealed as having committed or participated in election fraud --- both voter registration fraud and actual voter fraud --- in state after state.

http://www.bradblog.com/...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Letter: Supporting Obama’s vision
I built it myself; I pay taxes and I support President Obama.
I own my own business. I started it and I built it up. I did not, however, build the roads that lead people to my business. I did not educate the people who work for me. I did not build the water and sewer systems that allow me to have a habitable workspace. And the list goes on of what the government did to make it possible for me to build my business.
I pay taxes, 5 figures a year. I understand what it means to pay. But I understand the people who barely have enough to feed and house their families, much less pay taxes. Without the government helping people, we would go back to the robber baron era, and the pictures in our history books of poor, dirty, uneducated people living in filthy, overcrowded tenements, begging for (or stealing) food would be recreated again. It is to all our benefit to see that government helps those who need it.
I support President Obama. His vision of America is where we take care of our own; not I’ve got mine, forget you. The America of the 47 percent don’t count mentality is unfair, unchristian and the ultimate in class warfare. All Americans count, and President Obama knows it.
Mark Olberding
Nevada
http://amestrib.com/sections/opinion/letters/... #
I am Homer and I also support this vision.
So, you support taxing a group of people that it's been proven don't even have enough money to pay for the government the Democrats created if you taxed them at 100 percent and made them destitute, thus creating a situation where the government is continually insolvent until the reality becomes that it will be impossible for the government to pay the debt, right?

Or, tell us from whom Obama will get the money he needs for the government the Democrats created.

.... well?
Who will pay more taxes to pay for Obama's government?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>if Obama gets re-elected, he promised to make Big Bird his Entertainment Czar. he already promised Big Bird he'd have as much security detail as Valerie Jarret.
Wait... Isn't Big Bird Obama's current economic advisor?

Elmo is National Security Advisor...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a racial slur.
Hear that Glenn the Gun Nut.
Did you say something, boy?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Letter: Supporting Obama’s vision
I built it myself; I pay taxes and I support President Obama.
I own my own business. I started it and I built it up. I did not, however, build the roads that lead people to my business. I did not educate the people who work for me. I did not build the water and sewer systems that allow me to have a habitable workspace. And the list goes on of what the government did to make it possible for me to build my business.
I pay taxes, 5 figures a year. I understand what it means to pay. But I understand the people who barely have enough to feed and house their families, much less pay taxes. Without the government helping people, we would go back to the robber baron era, and the pictures in our history books of poor, dirty, uneducated people living in filthy, overcrowded tenements, begging for (or stealing) food would be recreated again. It is to all our benefit to see that government helps those who need it.
I support President Obama. His vision of America is where we take care of our own; not I’ve got mine, forget you. The America of the 47 percent don’t count mentality is unfair, unchristian and the ultimate in class warfare. All Americans count, and President Obama knows it.
Mark Olberding
Nevada
http://amestrib.com/sections/opinion/letters/... #
Of course he built the roads that brought people to his business and educated the people who work for him.

He is the government. So are you, Homer. So am I. Our taxes pay for everything the government does.

Maybe that's what's confusing him, you and Obama.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
The America of the 47 percent don’t count mentality is unfair, unchristian and the ultimate in class warfare. All Americans count, and President Obama knows it.
Mark Olberding
Nevada
Who are you and this fictional "Mark Olberding" trying to kid? Obama doesn't care about the people who don't support his "vision".
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

FDA: Gay Men Still Banned from Donating Blood Over Documented Risk Concerns

WASHINGTON, D.C.,– Despite attempts by pro-homosexual advocates to paint the homosexual lifestyle as just another, normal, and healthy lifestyle choice, the FDA has renewed its 1983 policy that gay men cannot donate blood, due to the high-risk nature of living an active homosexual lifestyle.

This past Wednesday the FDA stated that, despite mounting opposition to the policy, it will for medical reasons continue to uphold its ban on men who live or who have lived an active homosexual life from donating blood.

According to the FDA, the ban is in place because,“A history of male-to-male sex is associated with an increased risk for the presence of and transmission of certain infectious diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.”

The FDA policy relating to homosexual men is unique in its severity. While there is a lengthy list of criteria by which a potential donor may be deferred from donating blood (such as visiting particular African countries), such bans usually expire after a certain period of time. The ban on homosexual men, however, applies to any man who has ever had sex with another man, even once, subsequent to 1977.

The Administration, however, argues that the strictness of the ban is justified, pointing out that the “policy is intended to protect all people who receive blood transfusions from an increased risk of exposure to potentially infected blood and blood products.”

Some, however, are arguing that the FDA’s policy is discriminatory against homosexual men. Arthur Caplan, in an editorial for NBC6 argues that new testing technologies alleviate any fear that patients may contract AIDS by receiving a tainted transfusion.“At one time, long ago, the gay-blood ban may have made sense. But it no longer does,” he said.

“If a man has sex with a high risk woman, he’s allowed back into the donation pool after 12 months,” complained Joel Ginsberg, the executive director of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.“If he has safe sex with another man, he’s banned for life.”

Recognizing that the area of homosexuality is a controversial realm, however, with pro-homosexual activists on the watch for any signs of discrimination, the FDA responded to accusations of discrimination in its updated official policy in the matter. The “deferral policy is based on the documented increased risk of certain transfusion transmissible infections, such as HIV, associated with male-to-male sex and is not based on any judgment concerning the donor’s sexual orientation,” reads the FDA’s policy.

“Surveillance data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that men who have sex with men and would be likely to donate have a HIV prevalence that is at present over 15 fold higher than the general population, and over 2000 fold higher than current repeat blood donors (i.e., those who have been negatively screened and tested) in the USA.”

Dr. Robertson Davenport, who is an associate professor of pathology at the University of Michigan Hospital, agrees with the decision of the FDA.“The data are clear that men who engage in sexual contact with other men, as a whole, have a significantly higher risk of HIV,” he said.“Given our testing is not perfect, we will increase the risk to patients.”

A number of European countries have similar bans pertaining to homosexual man. Canada also forbids homosexual men from donating blood, due to similar concerns.

Read the full text of “FDA Policy on Blood Donations from Men Who Have Sex with Other Men”:
http://www.fda.gov/cber/faq/msmdonor.htm
dim

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Why is Obama losing?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

FACT: The National Debt increased by 189% under Reagan, 55% under George H.W. Bush and 86% under George W. Bush who left our country bankrupt.

Now, compare that to the increase of 37% under Clinton and the current 35% under Obama. Anyone concerned about the debt should know better than to put a Republican in charge. Romney will be no different. He has already stated that he will not address the issue of the national debt in his first four years in office. Wake up!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Bush fed Congress cherry picked intel to et thewar he wanted.
Killed over 4000 soldiers & tens of thousands of civilians & cost 800 billion or so - a war of choice based on lies. All unfunded.
Bush just repeated everything Clinton ever said about Saddam Hussein, you ignorant buffoon.

"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing."
Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Who was talking to you?

You offtopic spammer nuts clueless idiot.

The topic was a racist weekend comment from glenn69.

Try to keep up! DOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS!

Oh yeah: Ryan: today: we can't disclose the facts behind our rich guy tax cuts! There is an election going on.

Huh?

R's are dumb!
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You been monitering th jr high school kiddie crowd?
Sounds exactly like the stuffof their (clueless) comprehension levels!!!
KEYSTONE? LOCKHEED? LIBYA?
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he built the roads that brought people to his business and educated the people who work for him.
He is the government. So are you, Homer. So am I. Our taxes pay for everything the government does.
Maybe that's what's confusing him, you and Obama.
You red states now claim to pay for something? You're occasionally good for a laugh, carol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait... Isn't Big Bird Obama's current economic advisor?
Elmo is National Security Advisor...
Cookie Monster the Attorney General?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you support taxing a group of people that it's been proven don't even have enough money to pay for the government the Democrats created if you taxed them at 100 percent and made them destitute, thus creating a situation where the government is continually insolvent until the reality becomes that it will be impossible for the government to pay the debt, right?
Or, tell us from whom Obama will get the money he needs for the government the Democrats created.
.... well?
Who will pay more taxes to pay for Obama's government?
We were well on the road to solvency until Bush took over, then 8 years of growing government, adding to entitlements, cutting taxes on the rich while starting a couple of unfunded wars ruined all that. But you go ahead and keep blaming Obama.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
FACT: The National Debt increased by 189% under Reagan, 55% under George H.W. Bush and 86% under George W. Bush who left our country bankrupt.
Now, compare that to the increase of 37% under Clinton and the current 35% under Obama. Anyone concerned about the debt should know better than to put a Republican in charge. Romney will be no different. He has already stated that he will not address the issue of the national debt in his first four years in office. Wake up!!!
Just like Obama should do, you should read the Constitution at least once in your life.
Congress controls all the purse strings of the government.
The Republicans gave to the Democrats a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit in January, 2007.
What have the Democrats done to that deficit since? Did you say increase it by ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT?
The Republicans gave to the Democrats a 5 trillion dollar debt in January, 2007.
What have the Democrats done to that debt since? Did you say they more than tripled it to the 16 trillion dollars it is today?

And why hasn't the government been able to budget itself since Obama took office? Do you think the Democrats' inability to budget a government is related to the ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT increase of the deficit and tripling of the total debt?
Only an idiot would think not.

And another inconvenient fact:
The Democrats took over full oversight of the financial industry in January, 2007.(I hope we don't have to post the constant string of lies from Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank for you here.) After about 2 years of Democrat oversight, the very institutions that gave Christopher Dodd and Barack Obama a fortune in bribes caused the economy to collapse.
Do you think this fortune in bribes to Dodd and Obama were related to those same institutions causing the economic collapse?
Given those facts, if you din't know anything else, wouldn't it be wise to revoke that piece of legislation Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank wrote to "fix" the problem they were instrumental in creating?

Like Saul Alinsky instructs:
The (organizing element, in this case Democrats) must first create the situation (the economic collapse).
Then, this rule applies:
"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing."

That sounds a lot like your arguments....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
The Republicans pile up the debt and leave the Democrats holding the bag and then have the audacity to blame the Democrats for all the debt and spending woes.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Bush fed Congress cherry picked intel to et thewar he wanted.
I'm sure if Romney wins you'll still believe everything the government feeds you - you know, like you do now.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama: my administration is most pro-gay in history

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 EST

Comments (22)Tags: obama, sexual orientation
President Obama greets attendees at a gay pride event at the White House in 2009.
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 12, 2011 – President Barack Obama again vowed his fidelity to the homosexual lobby at a White House reception in honor of LGBT pride month, boasting that his administration has done more than any other president to advance their cause.

“This administration, under my direction has consistently said we cannot discriminate as a country against people on the basis of sexual orientation, and we have done more in the two-and-a-half years I have been in here than the previous 43 presidents to uphold that principle,” said Obama at a news conference June 29, the day of the reception, according to the Christian Post.

Nonetheless, the president performed an awkward tightrope walk for gay rights supporters at the White House, as he praised their efforts, while coyly acknowledging their frustration with his public stance against federal imposition of same-sex “marriage.”

“There are going to be times where you’re still frustrated with me. I know there are going to be times where you’re still frustrated at the pace of change. I understand that. I know I can count on you to let me know,” said Obama to laughter and cheers from the raucous crowd.

Earlier in his remarks, Obama lauded “folks who are standing up against discrimination, and for the rights of parents and children and partners and students,” to which he added “and spouses” at the prompting of the audience. The president faced a similar reaction at an LGBT fundraiser in Manhattan days earlier, where the crowd chanted “marriage” at him in playful protest.

The president pointed to his accomplishments so far, including eradicating the military ban on open homosexuals serving and refusing to defend the federal Defense of Marriage Act, as a reminder of his “commitment” to their cause, which he compared to the cause of the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s.

“It was here, in the East Room, at our first Pride reception, on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, a few months after I took office, that I made a pledge, I made a commitment. I said that I would never counsel patience; it wasn’t right for me to tell you to be patient any more than it was right for folks to tell African Americans to be patient in terms of their freedoms,” said the president.“I said it might take time to get everything we wanted done. But I also expected to be judged not by the promises I made, but the promises I kept.”

dim wrote:
Why is Obama losing?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Oh, look, the closeted gay bashing hydra-head is back with the reams (pun intended) of pre-packaged spam...time to be elsewhere. What a bunch of morans!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min obama 48,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 1 hr loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,554
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,371
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,924
Abby 7-24 2 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000