Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,836)

Showing posts 716,701 - 716,720 of1,072,989
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i heard an accurate comparison about the VP debate:
Ryan was the smart nerdy kid doing Calculus on the blackboard
while Biden was the misbehaving kid in the back of the room making fart noises to interrupt the class.
Clint Eastwood at RNC – Biden a “grin with a body behind it”.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Six geriatric azzholes attacking lily.
The sow is treated as she treats others.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it, Bush & Ryan get a pass for doubling the national debt, a near financial meltdown, housing collapse & two quagmire wars because of 9-11 yet Obama doesn't get sh*t for entering office with the absolutely worse economic conditions since the Great Depression.
This is why you are such a hypocrite.
The economy did not suffer greatly because of 9-11. Bush cut taxes during a time of war & expansion of government.
Sure Obama supported Tarp, It saved us from a depression. TARP countered the near financial collapse that Bush reigned over. Romney supported TARP. Paul Ryan bitches about TARP but Ryan voted for it. TARP was one of the few good things Bush did.
"10 most outrageous ways government wastes your money"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-573456...

"The 10 Dumbest Ways The Government Wastes Taxpayer Money"

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-05-0...

"Government waste of our money a bigger problem"

http://times-news.com/opinion/x1939586103/Gov...

"The 20 Craziest Things The U.S. Government Wastes Money On"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/government-was...

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a racist Mormon who married your uncle Jimmy at 12 years of age?
I noticed your in SLC, Utah and support the weekends racial slur against the President.
Calling an adult black male who is married with two children "your boy Obama" is racist!
It is a racial slur.

Hear that Glenn the Gun Nut.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

dim wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he sucks?
There ya go.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Is O'bama going to continue campaigning for Big Bird or is he going to have another plan?
Maybe Carney can check the etcha-sketch of duh daily-outside duh white house- public appearances!

ROMNEY/RYAN--
Occupy the empty chair of leadership 2012!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was. Bush took office with a balanced budget.
Left with a trillion dollar deficit & doubling the debt.
All with Paul Ryan's help.
Just like Obama, you should read the Constitution at least once in your life.
Congress controls all the purse strings of the government.
The Republicans gave to the Democrats a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit in January, 2007.
What have the Democrats done to that deficit since? Did you say increase it by ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT?
The Republicans gave to the Democrats a 5 trillion dollar debt in January, 2007.
What have the Democrats done to that debt since? Did you say they more than tripled it to the 16 trillion dollars it is today?

And why hasn't the government been able to budget itself since Obama took office? Do you think the Democrats' inability to budget a government is related to the ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT increase of the deficit and tripling of the total debt?
Only an idiot would think not.

And another inconvenient fact:
The Democrats took over full oversight of the financial industry in January, 2007.(I hope we don't have to post the constant string of lies from Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank for you here.) After about 2 years of Democrat oversight, the very institutions that gave Christopher Dodd and Barack Obama a fortune in bribes caused the economy to collapse.
Do you think this fortune in bribes to Dodd and Obama were related to those same institutions causing the economic collapse?
Given those facts, if you din't know anything else, wouldn't it be wise to revoke that piece of legislation Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank wrote to "fix" the problem they were instrumental in creating?

Like Saul Alinsky instructs:
The (organizing element, in this case Democrats) must first create the situation (the economic collapse).
Then, this rule applies:
"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing."

That sounds a lot like your arguments....
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Is O'bama going to continue campaigning for Big Bird or is he going to have another plan?
Campaigning for Big Bird is his best shot.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>it must have been for oil, as Bush was always accused of (LOL, i guess that's not working out very well is it?)
Of course it was for oil--Dumbya was just too stupid and Cheney too greedy to allow a little to trickle down on Americans who weren't their "oil men" cronies. Speaking of which, "Lawsuit: KBR knowingly exposed troops to toxin

By Nigel Duara - The Associated Press
Posted : Wednesday Oct 10, 2012 18:18:17 EDT

PORTLAND, Ore.— A war contractor knew a critical southern Iraq oilfield plant was riddled with a well-known toxin but ignored the risk to soldiers while hurrying the project along, firing a whistleblower and covering up the presence of the chemical when faced with exposure, the soldiers' attorney said in opening arguments Wednesday in a federal civil suit."

You sure you want to bring up this one, Deranged plain Jane, you VHGOPB?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.... whoever he can blame it on.
BINGO!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it, Bush & Ryan get a pass for doubling the national debt, a near financial meltdown, housing collapse & two quagmire wars because of 9-11 yet Obama doesn't get sh*t for entering office with the absolutely worse economic conditions since the Great Depression.
This is why you are such a hypocrite.
The economy did not suffer greatly because of 9-11. Bush cut taxes during a time of war & expansion of government.
Sure Obama supported Tarp, It saved us from a depression. TARP countered the near financial collapse that Bush reigned over. Romney supported TARP. Paul Ryan bitches about TARP but Ryan voted for it. TARP was one of the few good things Bush did.
And, don't forget to mention that the Republicans turned over to the Democrats in January, 2007, a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit DURING A WAR, after which the Democrats increased it by ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT.
And, don't forget to mention that the Republicans turned over to the Democrats in January, 2007, a 5 trillion dollar debt after fighting a global war for 5 years... and winning it. Mission accomplished.))))) The Democrats have reversed almost all gains made by the US Armed Forces in addition to more than tripling the debt to what it is today, 16 trillion dollars.

What did Saul Alinsky say? The organizer isn't bound by the truth?

... goddam Marxist dupe.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Let's just hope the right man wins.
America is not a perfect nation and has much to be forgiven for. But the land of opportunity and a beacon of freedom to the entire world is our heritage, and Americans are and always have been the most generous people on the planet.
The right man will restore the spirit of America which strives to bring out the best in us all and will remind us and the rest of the world why we were and still are the model of liberty from tyranny, a model of self-governance and the model of prosperity in a free marketplace which other nations have adopted throughout the world.
The right man will unwaveringly tell the world what we stand for and who we stand by. The right man will recognize America's greatness lies not in the hands of a few but in the dignity and in the will of its people.
The right man of our time is Mitt Romney. A man with a clear vision and a proven determination to tackle whatever problem is put in front of him. A man who believes serving others is a "privilege" and not a government mandate.
We have nothing to lose - and everything to lose. It's a clear choice.
Search your conscience and vote for a successful problem solver. Vote to restore the kind of America that was passed down to us so we can pass it down to our children and grandchildren.
Vote Romney/Ryan.
(This is carol, and I approve this message.)
Good morning everyone.
Letter: Supporting Obama’s vision

I built it myself; I pay taxes and I support President Obama.

I own my own business. I started it and I built it up. I did not, however, build the roads that lead people to my business. I did not educate the people who work for me. I did not build the water and sewer systems that allow me to have a habitable workspace. And the list goes on of what the government did to make it possible for me to build my business.

I pay taxes, 5 figures a year. I understand what it means to pay. But I understand the people who barely have enough to feed and house their families, much less pay taxes. Without the government helping people, we would go back to the robber baron era, and the pictures in our history books of poor, dirty, uneducated people living in filthy, overcrowded tenements, begging for (or stealing) food would be recreated again. It is to all our benefit to see that government helps those who need it.

I support President Obama. His vision of America is where we take care of our own; not I’ve got mine, forget you. The America of the 47 percent don’t count mentality is unfair, unchristian and the ultimate in class warfare. All Americans count, and President Obama knows it.

Mark Olberding

Nevada

http://amestrib.com/sections/opinion/letters/... #

I am Homer and I also support this vision.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"Her and leo"??? Look, stupid Jason-Jay Hydra head, I ignore you and a lot of the other illiterates on here although most appear too stupid to have caught on. Please return the favor. You, Gummer, Bounced Czech, fried fred, etc., should go out more and discuss vaginas on the dead pecker benches in front of your local Cracker Barrel...just a thought.
I am sure you thought you said something important here. FAIL

More babbling of the grammar correct but intellectually illiterate.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

There are some bragging that the Democrats plan to load up the town hall with plants, some of which will be homosexuals. It is New York isn't it? The most queer state in the union!

If you have noticed the networks are attempting to portray homosexuals as harmless silly people, but nothing could be further from the truth!

So now it's supposed to be those poor little child molesting, disease spreading, Christian hating, Radical gay people?

++
The six ways homosexual activists manipulate public opinion

May 31, 2012 - Anyone who is concerned about the influence of the homosexual agenda on reshaping traditional values must become intimately familiar with the major tactics that homophiles commonly employ in order to anticipate them and respond in charity and truth. Homophile strategists are very adept at manipulating public opinion with an arsenal of six tactics that are based upon deceptions and half-truths:

Exploit the “victim” status;
Use the sympathetic media;
Confuse and neutralize the churches;
Slander and stereotype Christians;
Bait and switch (hide their true nature); and
Intimidation.

One reason these tactics have worked so well is that homophile activists have succeeded in marketing a harmless and friendly image of their movement. They have lulled people into thinking that the wider society will not be adversely affected by their radical social agenda. Homosexual strategists have, in many cases, toned down their extreme rhetoric and have cloaked their agenda in soothing language. Over time, however, many have begun to think of themselves and others as “homophobes” or “haters” if they oppose any aspect of the homosexual rights agenda — or, incredibly, even if they question it in their own minds.

Generals and attorneys often wish that their opponents would write a book. Interestingly, leaders of the “homosexual rights” movement did exactly that. Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen clearly laid out this agenda in the marching orders of the movement, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear & Hatred of Gays in the 90s.[1] This volume is an absolute treasure chest of information for those pro-family stalwarts who are actively engaged against the homosexual rights agenda.

By far the most popular homophile tactic is the claim to victim status, which is a very powerful, almost paralyzing, weapon that gives them a distinct advantage in the public square. Kirk and Madsen summarize the potent effectiveness of the victim status:

In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to adopt the role of protector.… The purpose of victim imagery is to make straights feel very uncomfortable; that is, to jam with shame the self-righteous pride that would ordinarily accompany and reward their antigay belligerence, and to lay groundwork for the process of conversion by helping straights identify with gays and sympathize with their underdog status.… the public should be persuaded that gays are victims of circumstance, that they no more chose their sexual orientation than they did, say, their height, skin color, talents, or limitations.… gays should be portrayed as victims of prejudice.

Does this sound familiar? It does if one pays attention to any mainstream media coverage of these controversial issues as they play out in law and society. But the victim status requires a story to back it up. Thus, perhaps the most common lament of the garden-variety homophile revolves around the alleged “tidal wave of anti-gay” hate crimes.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
if Obama gets re-elected, he promised to make Big Bird his Entertainment Czar. he already promised Big Bird he'd have as much security detail as Valerie Jarret.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

An analysis of FBI statistics on hate crimes committed against homosexuals during the time period 2000-2008 shows that the probability of any individual homosexual being the victim of a hate crime during his or her entire life span is slightly more than one percent.[2] Interestingly,“gays” are more likely to commit hate crimes against “straights” than “straights” are to commit hate crimes against “gays.” According to the FBI, there are 3.98 hate crimes committed by each million heterosexuals annually against homosexuals, and there are 4.44 hate crimes committed by each million homosexuals annually against heterosexuals.[3]

Violence against homosexuals by others gets all the press, but it is interesting to note that the great majority of anti-”gay” violence is committed by other “gays.” The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (NCAVP) is the leading tracker of violence against “gays” in the United States. According to the NCAVP’s statistics on anti-”gay” violence, 83 percent of all violence committed against “gays” is carried out by other “gays” in domestic situations. This does not even count “gay-on-gay” violence committed outside the home.[4]

This confusion is now pervasive in society, and questioning the agenda is simply not to be tolerated – especially among America’s youth.

For example, the classical notion that universities should be “arenas for the free exchange of ideas” has been completely discarded in the United States. More than three-fourths of U.S. colleges and universities now possess codes of conduct that ban behavior and speech based upon, including many other things,“homophobia.” The danger that these codes represent to academic freedom far outweighs their usefulness. This has already been amply demonstrated, as many colleges have severely punished students for merely desiring to debate the topic of homosexuality.

The squashing of dissenting views on homosexuality in the classroom has been going on for decades now. In 1991, a student at the University of Michigan announced his intention to establish a counseling program to help homosexuals leave their lifestyle. He was dragged before a panel of university administrators, unanimously found guilty of “sexual harassment,” and was thrown out of the university.[5] In 2000, the Student Judiciary of Tufts University voted officially to “derecognize” the Tufts Christian Fellowship (TCF) club for taking into account, for purposes of selecting leaders, the beliefs of a member whose views of Scripture and homosexuality were opposed to their own.[6] The TCF was stripped of funding, not permitted to use the Tufts name, not permitted to meet in any room that required a reservation, and not allowed to advertise or announce any of their events or meetings. In 2011, a Fort Worth, Texas high school student was suspended from school for reportedly saying,“I’m a Christian, and I don’t think being gay is right,” during a class discussion.[7] And teachers don’t have it any easier. In 2010 a professor at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign was accused of “hate speech” and relieved of his teaching duties for teaching Catholic doctrine on homosexuality in his Introduction to Catholicism class.[8]

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the invasion of Iraq?
Not at all. Bush fed Congress cherry picked intel to et thewar he wanted.

Killed over 4000 soldiers & tens of thousands of civilians & cost 800 billion or so - a war of choice based on lies. All unfunded.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Political science professor Jean Betheke Elshtain, while highlighting the dangers presented by codes against racism, also points out the difficulties associated with all punitive codes of this nature:“My hunch is that, over the long haul, the upshot of such endeavors [college speech codes] will not be a purified, racist-free, collective student consciousness, but a simmering backlog of resentment at being labeled as a racist, even if one has never committed a racist act or uttered a racist slur.”[9]

No one should attempt to deny homosexuals their basic human rights; which are the same basic rights that we all have as being sons and daughters of God. But it has gotten to the point where we have to fight to preserve our own basic rights — the rights to free speech, religion, assembly, and teaching our own children our values – in order to protect our own families and institutions.

Those who promote homosexuality are forcibly tearing away more and more of the rights of Christians, and the situation is rapidly deteriorating. Who could have possibly imagined just a few years ago that companies would start firing people for writing pro-family articles on their own time, or business owners would be sued for refusing to participate in homosexual union ceremonies?

[2] Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) annual report entitled “Hate Crime Statistics.” Table 1,“Incidents, Offenses, Victims, and Known Offenders by Bias Motivation.” http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm .
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you thought you said something important here. FAIL
More babbling of the grammar correct but intellectually illiterate.
Leosnana can spell, but that loon doesn't have an ounce of common sense.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Federal prosecutors and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are in the final stages of a criminal probe into allegations that Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. misused campaign money to decorate his house, according to people familiar with the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 716,701 - 716,720 of1,072,989
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama turns his back on black Americans 35 min BarrysBleachingSkinWants2 3
“If America Doesn’t Abolish the FED, the FED wi... 35 min TheDailySheeple 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,756
Mr. O'Reilly on the black / race issue. 39 min BillyO and the Race Pimps 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min scirocco 68,169
The New, New Math 1 hr IfUReadUCTheProblem4Sure 6
Ron Paul: The Collapse Is Close 1 hr Infowars Video 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE