Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Pedro

San Diego, CA

#772237 Oct 15, 2012
I like little boys.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772239 Oct 15, 2012
Jesus H Flynt Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush spent over 124 million taxpayer dollars on trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, and using John Boehner’s logic we demand that the GOP pay us back.
While trying to distract America from the fact that his own caucus passed a budget that would double the interest rate on student loans, Speaker of the House John Boehner is whipping up the faux outrage over the cost of President Obama’s travel this week. Today, Boehner said,“This week, the President traveled across the country on taxpayers’ dime, at a cost of $179,000 an hour, insisting that Congress fix a problem that we were already working on. Frankly, I think this is beneath the dignity of the White House.”
Not surprisingly, John Boehner was totally silent when President George W. Bush was setting the presidential record for most vacation days. Bush was not only on vacation more than any other president. He spent more money on non-official travel than any other president in American history. As president, George W. Bush used Air Force One to fly to his ranch in Crawford, TX for vacation.
Boehner’s comments about the cost of Obama’s travel got us thinking about how much money the Republican Party owes taxpayers for George W. Bush’s non-official vacation travels. Using a method that we have cleverly coined Boehner Math, this is what we came up with.
Number of George W. Bush flights for vacation in Crawford, TX: 77
Cost of running Air Force One:$179,000/hour
What's Boeners approval rating?-12%? Why doesn't he go to work and stfu.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#772240 Oct 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Before
Obama Asks People Getting Married To Forgo Gifts, Ask Their Guests To Donate To His Campaign Instead…

You can even register your wedding on his campaign website. Could he be any more pompous?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#772241 Oct 15, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you weren't paying attention, here's what really happened in Congress with the obviously failed CRA and how the Democrat program collapsed our economy:
Here's the link to read the Democrats negotiating for no effective oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy. In the article you also see the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hide the massive CRA failures that were a known threat to our economy as early as 2003.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912 ...
Now, let's look at a time line. After the Republicans gave to the Democrats what they wanted, no effective oversight of the Democrat program that collapsed our economy, the Democrats supported the Iraq operation. That's when they were for the Iraq front before they were against it.
Barney Frank doing... how did you put it?
"...lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers."
Wow. What bullshit. Let's get a real Barney Frank quote on the subject:
Barney Frank - " I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
That kind of blows a hole through the keel of your bullshit, doesn't it?
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

From his earliest days in office, Bush paired his belief that Americans do best when they own their own homes with his conviction that markets do best when left alone. Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, especially among minority groups, an initiative that dovetailed with both his ambition to expand Republican appeal and the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."

Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.

And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

Blown keel.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772242 Oct 15, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Kosher Jean from Queens....another homophobic leftwinger....
Nobama from PA....another old rightwinger cruising for young black men while riding his bike in the hood.
Nobama

Scranton, PA

#772243 Oct 15, 2012
I like THEM too. I just don't go out on the INTERNET and TELL everybody about it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#772244 Oct 15, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, the Romney campaign busses people in, that happened in Miami when he appeared on Univision. Everything about Romney is a lie, and fake, staged. The President will be re elected
So?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772245 Oct 15, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Because I hate you, Jane. Mother would dress you and leave me outside in the barn naked, did you think I wouldn't be back for you, Jane? HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Step into the light, Jane, step into the light...
Sweet Baby Jane?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#772246 Oct 15, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it mattered who was president...
Of course, it mattered; what the f*ck's wrong with you grumpy old pricks? Maybe...maybe, Osama's plot would have taken place anyway, but we certainly wouldn't have gone into Iraq if Al Gore had been president...how much did Hallliburton+ make, and is still making on that deal?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#772247 Oct 15, 2012
GM importing cars from Korea to the US.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772248 Oct 15, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it mattered who was president...
How do you know?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772249 Oct 15, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps Pedro was just tugging on your vagina......
Pedro's busy cleaning the pool dummy
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#772250 Oct 15, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you weren't paying attention, here's what really happened in Congress with the obviously failed CRA and how the Democrat program collapsed our economy:
Here's the link to read the Democrats negotiating for no effective oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy. In the article you also see the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hide the massive CRA failures that were a known threat to our economy as early as 2003.
Now, let's look at a time line. After the Republicans gave to the Democrats what they wanted, no effective oversight of the Democrat program that collapsed our economy, the Democrats supported the Iraq operation. That's when they were for the Iraq front before they were against it.
Barney Frank - " I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."
BTW...The link in your 4 year old right wing chain email doesn't work anymore.
Nobama

Scranton, PA

#772251 Oct 15, 2012
But, perhaps...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772252 Oct 15, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this before or after Bush told us: "The hard truth is that getting this deficit under control is gonna require some broad sacrifice, and that sacrifice must be shared by the employees of the federal government"
Before of after Bush told us: "After all, small businesses and families are tightening their belts. Their government should, too."
Do you have a Laura/children travel expense itinerary too?
Who cares?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#772253 Oct 15, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think voter fraud IS a "big deal". Don't you?
Nope. I'm not running the RNC.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#772254 Oct 15, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
it is amazing how often you have to try to educate people about what really happened. I can understand with the population who don't or rarely pay attention and carelessly buy the MSM/Obama soundbite that Obama inherited a bad economy BECAUSE of Bush.(as IF that is an excuse for Obama's failures) and i don't mind informing somone who makes such dull inaccurate statement, about the CRA, Barney, James Johnson and how any attempts by Bush and then McCain to examine the problems at Fannie and Freddie were countered by accusations of racism.

but, i don't get why it needs to be re-posted here at least once a day to try to inform those who have read it before, unless their reason is they don't want to open their eyes past hating Bush and worshipping The One.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#772255 Oct 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Election fraud" Not one word of someone committing fraud at the polls. Because it doesn't happen.
LOL "it doesn't happen"

Hey, at least Al Franken will agree with you.

"Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election."
Jane Says

New York, NY

#772256 Oct 15, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Because I hate you, Jane. Mother would dress you and leave me outside in the barn naked, did you think I wouldn't be back for you, Jane? HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Step into the light, Jane, step into the light...
oh no, my posting name has been hijacked by someone as insane as Crazy Uncle Joe Biden.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#772257 Oct 15, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, it mattered; what the f*ck's wrong with you grumpy old pricks? Maybe...maybe, Osama's plot would have taken place anyway, but we certainly wouldn't have gone into Iraq if Al Gore had been president...how much did Hallliburton+ make, and is still making on that deal?
Absolutely, and why doesn't anyone talk about Halliburton selling nuclear material to Iran? Dick Cheney the outlaw got away with everything, shooting someone in the face, dealing with the axis of evil?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 2 min Girly girl 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min JOEL 69,974
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min KiMare 50,588
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min wojar 179,265
Chicago a model city 5 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 6 hr Getagrip 44
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr casting director 98,497
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]