Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
716,421 - 716,440 of 1,080,470 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

kuda wrote:
Countdown to the second Presidential debate...
Only one more day.
1. Will Romney continue to say anything that he believes will get him elected?
2. If so, will Obama continue to respond to Romney’s pandering with passivity?
What matters is the economy and Obama's miserable record. The Food Stamp President now has a coverup where people died due to his malfeasance. The USA is really hurting because of Obama & the Democrats. The debate is redundant.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

oh_Rea11y -_- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Some of the signs were placed in white, although relatively poor, neighborhoods of Cleveland and Lorain, roughly 30 miles (48km) west."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/13/us-...
Please put your flimsy little race card away now, before someone runs up and snatches it out of your trembling hand.
Wanna tell us who those folks voted for last time around?

That's what it's about. The wrong headed assumption that the 'poor white folks' will do anything to keep their 'handouts'.

Don't believe me? Just visit any right wing nutjob site on the net. They'll gladly fill you in.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever get tired of making statements of 'fact' with nothing to back them up?
Now do the birther thing and try to lay it back in my lap.
'No, you prove it!''Since I can't!' And there ya go. You in a nutshell. Literally.
So let's hear how a Republican president let Congress run all over him. And much like the Barney Frank F&F myth, it'll take more than a few words.
You forgot to answer the post:

Ok, tell me where I'm wrong.
There are many statements in the post. Identify the statement(s) that are wrong and tell us why it is wrong.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I've explained this to you before, but I'll do it one more time. You know, no child left behind.
In case you're like Obama and have never read the Constitution, this is an important point to understand when you discuss the debt and deficit:
Congress has full control of all the purse strings of the US government. The president cannot invent programs to spend on. Only Congress can do that. Only Congress can determine how much to spend on each of the programs only Congress can authorize.
Now, let's review some recent American history:
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats all the purse strings of the US government in January, 2007, with a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit. The Democrats have increased that deficit ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT to 2.4 trillion dollars.
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats a total public debt of 5 trillion dollars in January, 2007. The Democrats have more than tripled that debt which is 16 trillion dollars today.
Now, if you repeat the same ignorant stuff you've been regurgitating here, we can accurately describe you as a liar.

And, here's the link to read the Democrats negotiating for no effective oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy. In the article you also see the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hide the massive CRA failures that were a known threat to our economy as early as 2003.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912...

Now, let's look at a time line. After the Republicans gave to the Democrats what they wanted, no effective oversight of the Democrat program that collapsed our economy, the Democrats supported the Iraq operation. That's when they were for the Iraq front before they were against it.

And, another time line is very telling.
The Democrats took full control of all oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subpriime housing loan program in January, 2007. After less than 2 years of Democrat oversight of that program, it collapsed our economy.

Now, where am I wrong?
Pedro

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama's gonna lose by a landslide.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The bigger question is whether Romney’s pivot toward the center occurred too late to rescue him. It’s now October. Voter perceptions and preferences have largely calcified. And from the moment he sewed up the nomination and through to Denver — an eternal-seeming six months — Romney half-heartedly and unconvincingly waged a losing campaign on behalf of movement conservatism. If he wins, I suspect it will be nearly impossible next year for Romney to renege on his promise not to lower the share of taxes paid by the wealthy (though his definition of “middle income” does offer wiggle room). And he strongly signaled that he will not repeal but rather tweak Obamacare and the Dodd-Frank financial reforms.
Practically speaking, Romney has committed himself to a second Obama term — but with lower tax rates and magical growth.
Savor the choice, America!
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/finall...
Romney/Ryan in a landslide with over 300 electoral votes.
Get ready to see the exact same thing you saw in the mid-term elections when the American people handed the Democrats their asses to them.
Those same people will be voting again this time, and the last time they voted it was a referrendum on Obama.

Wake up. Smell the coffee. It was only a dream you had. It wasn't real.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jesus H Flynt Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hell did we invade Iraq?
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991) was a war waged by a UN-authorized coalition force from 34 nations led by the United States, against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
AKA-
SADDAM HUSSIEN -nutcase dictator, INVADING OTHER countries.

Idiot.

However, Osama bin Laden on the other hand was a political fighter who used Islam to motivate his fighters. The 1998 United States Embassy bombings marked a turning point, with bin Laden intent on attacking the United States.[8] Bin Laden issued another fatwa in February 1998, together with Ayman al Zawahiri, declaring war against Americans. Bin Laden stated "We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they [Americans] are all targets."

WTH we doing in Libya???? They actually were of NO invasive harm to the USA...nor was Kaudafi invading ANY other country.

FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Vote Republican so we can begin some logical, realistic enery initiatives like BioDiesel, Nuclear & drilling & the pipeline.

For example, prior to Obama, the government in 2004 passed incentives for Biodiesel that expired under Obama last year:

http://www.americasadvancedbiofuel.com/

Trickle Down Government & Obama picking LOOSERS in the Solar Industry, pissing away our Tax Dollars does not help.

We need JOBS, not SLOBS.

Vote Romney/Ryan 2012.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna tell us who those folks voted for last time around?
That's what it's about. The wrong headed assumption that the 'poor white folks' will do anything to keep their 'handouts'.
Don't believe me? Just visit any right wing nutjob site on the net. They'll gladly fill you in.
You really are a racist pig. Talk about nutjobs...
Pedro

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, by a landslide! And then he's gonna dig himself out, dust himself off, and start all over again.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
In case you get bored with the debate
Rules for Bullshit Bingo:
1. Before Barrack Obama's next televised speech, prepare your "Bullshit Bingo" card by drawing a square.
I find that 5" x 5" is a good size -- and dividing it into columns --five across and five down. That will give you 25 1-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
. Restored our reputation
. Strategic fit
. Let me be clear
. Make no mistake
. Back from the brink
. Signs of recovery
. Out of the loop
. Benchmark
. Job creation
. Fiscal restraint
. Win-win
. Affordable health care
. Previous Administration
. Greed on Wall Street
. At the end of the day
. Empower (or empowerment)
. Touch base
. Mindset
. Corporate greed
. Ballpark
. Game plan
. Leverage
. Inherited as in "I inherited this mess"
. Relief for working families (alternate - "unprecedented")
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout
"BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from past satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
"I had been listening to the speech for only five minutes when I won." -
Jack W., Boston
"My attention span during speeches has improved dramatically." - David D.,
Florida
"What a gas! Speeches will never be the same for me after my first win." -
Bill R., New York City
"The atmosphere was tense in the last speech as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver
"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULLSHIT!" for the third time in two hours." - Harry A, Chantilly
"This is the most fun I have ever had with my pants up!" Robert H.
Don't forget slamming using the phrase "trickle down anythng"!!

(while in ACTUALITY-
back in 1980 during a similar economic downturn President Ronald Reagan took the exact opposite approach as Barack Obama. Reagan cut taxes and regulations. When Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Act at his ranch in 1981, it was the largest tax cut in American history. And it was a massive success. Jobs were created. In 15 months in 1983-84 job growth was 4,655,000, while in the comparable 15 months in 2011-12 it was 2,475,000, just a little more than half as many. The average GDP during Ronald Reagan’s 4th year in office was a whopping 7.75%.)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Liberal Media Bias

Question everything you hear, read or see from ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/NYT/WAPO/LAT.

(1) Neil King is a political reporter for the Wall Street Journal. He is married to Shailagh Murray who left a reporting job at the Washington Post to take the job of Joe Biden’s communications director. She replaced Jay Carney who moved to the White House and who himself left Time to take the communications director role for Biden.

(2) John Harris of the Politico is married to an abortion rights activist who used to run NARAL Virginia.

(3) The Politico’s Chief Washington Correspondent, Jonathan Allen, left the Politico to work for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, then returned to the Politico.

(4) Andy Barr of the Politico left the Politico to work for the Democratic National Committee and now works for Richard Carmona, the Democrats’ candidate for Senate in Arizona against Jeff Flake.

(5) George Stephanopolous of ABC News used to be a strategist for Bill Clinton and even after becoming Chief Washington Correspondent still engaged in regular conversations with Rahm Emanuel, James Carville, and Paul Begala from the Clinton days.(Ironic, isn’t it, that John Harris wrote that story)

(6) Michael Scherer of Time, where Jay Carney left to go to Joe Biden’s office, got his start in left wing publications, as did Ezra Klein of the Washington Post who famously created the left wing Journolist filled with Washington journalists and pundits to bounce around themes in the left wing echo chamber.

(7) Linda Douglass of ABC News left ABC to serve as Chief Propaganda Officer for the Obama White House in charge of getting Obamacare through.

(8) Andrew Rosenthal of the New York Times made up the story about President George H. W. Bush being surprised and taken aback by a common supermarket check out scanner. The story was made up by Rosenthal who was not even present. Andrew Rosenthal is now the Editor of the New York Times Editorial Page.

(9) The BuzzFeed crew are mostly left of center, hang out with left of center reporters and pundits, and the media considers them and their cat GIFs the second coming of a supposedly objective Huffington Post.

(10) Chuck Todd of NBC is married to a former DNC staffer and he worked as a Democratic staffer to Senator Tom Harkin. He works with Chris Matthews who worked for a Democrat in Congress and Jimmy Carter. They both work with Andrea Mitchell who is married to Alan Greenspan, the former Chairman of the Federal Reserve. And they’re all just a degree or two removed from Tawana Brawley thanks to their relationship with MSNBC host Al Sharpton.
XASP

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Thomper UK wrote:
Very rarely is so much expectation laid to rest on one persons shoulders.
Obama will NEVER be able to live up to the expectations and hype of this circus of an election.
I feel sorry for the bloke.
Here is Obama talking about MMA http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to exercise Stupidity, try talking to the mirror. This is neither the time nor the place, Babycakes.
Sure Twinks, whatever you say. Here's a heads up... cruising straight, married guys on political message boards ain't a good idea. Brings to mind bathroom stalls and airports. That's why there's gay sites.....this ain't one of em. Slither on over to one of those where you can be with your own kind and probably have a better shot at finding somebody who goes in for your form of soliciting. Hell, if you ever do find that right time and place, you might even work up the courage to finally out yourself Twinkie. Happy Trails Chuckles.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney/Ryan in a landslide with over 300 electoral votes.
Get ready to see the exact same thing you saw in the mid-term elections when the American people handed the Democrats their asses to them.
Those same people will be voting again this time, and the last time they voted it was a referrendum on Obama.
Wake up. Smell the coffee. It was only a dream you had. It wasn't real.
You've been eating those magic mushrooms?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The appearance, mostly in Cleveland's predominantly black neighborhoods, of billboards warning against voter fraud is constitutionally protected speech.
It is also insulting, demeaning, belittling speech—coming from people who choose to remain anonymous—and a despicable election tactic.
The billboards, posted here and in Cincinnati and Milwaukee by what has been identified only as a private family foundation, insinuate that the neighborhoods in which they are found are hotbeds of voter fraud, which, of course, they are not.
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/20...
It's already been established - it's a fact - that voter fraud exists and that one fraudulent vote can influence an election.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
If you only knew how much of you're money was pissed away in Iraq.I agree don't vote in snobs who outsource jobs, re-elect someone creating jobs working tirelessly too get people back to work.The deregulation of Wall Street under Bush is going to take along time to heal.
So....WTH we doing in Libya??????????aside from violating war powers acts and aiding and abetting failed statehood terrorism?)

Donley’s best estimate, given to reporters at a breakfast meeting on Tuesday, was that the war has cost the Air Force about $75 million so far, with expenses running to $4 million a day. That was the bill when 89 U.S. planes were directly or indirectly involved in the combat mission. Now he expects it to drop, but to what, he didn’t say.

By contrast, Defense Secretary Robert Gates told Congress last week that without a U.S. combat role in the Libya war, he expects the bill to run to $40 million per month. That doesn’t exactly match the Air Force’s tally. By Donley’s figures, if the Air Force slashed its costs for the war in half, it would still exceed Gates’ totals — and that’s not counting the Navy’s contribution.

None of this confusion should come as a surprise. The Libya war was launched on the fly and its goals are uncertain. No wonder the war bill is written with an Etch-a-Sketch.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Stellar business EXPERIENCE For ALL of America-IN America again.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

(and that was 2011 GUESSTIMATE costs thus far!!)
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
If you only knew how much of you're money was pissed away in Iraq.I agree don't vote in snobs who outsource jobs, re-elect someone creating jobs working tirelessly too get people back to work.The deregulation of Wall Street under Bush is going to take along time to heal.
How much is spent on campaign ads? Everyday piles of full color 8x10 double sided ads arrive to go in the trash, and we know they don't come cheap. Who is influenced by tv ads anyway?
Citizens United has to be overturned
Pedro

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Yes, time to heal. A time to sow, a time to reap, a time to something,something, a time to cast away stones, a time for everything under heaven. It's coming!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to answer the post:
Ok, tell me where I'm wrong.
There are many statements in the post. Identify the statement(s) that are wrong and tell us why it is wrong.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I've explained this to you before, but I'll do it one more time. You know, no child left behind.
In case you're like Obama and have never read the Constitution, this is an important point to understand when you discuss the debt and deficit:
Congress has full control of all the purse strings of the US government. The president cannot invent programs to spend on. Only Congress can do that. Only Congress can determine how much to spend on each of the programs only Congress can authorize.
Now, let's review some recent American history:
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats all the purse strings of the US government in January, 2007, with a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit. The Democrats have increased that deficit ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT to 2.4 trillion dollars.
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats a total public debt of 5 trillion dollars in January, 2007. The Democrats have more than tripled that debt which is 16 trillion dollars today.
Now, if you repeat the same ignorant stuff you've been regurgitating here, we can accurately describe you as a liar.
And, here's the link to read the Democrats negotiating for no effective oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy. In the article you also see the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hide the massive CRA failures that were a known threat to our economy as early as 2003.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912...
Now, let's look at a time line. After the Republicans gave to the Democrats what they wanted, no effective oversight of the Democrat program that collapsed our economy, the Democrats supported the Iraq operation. That's when they were for the Iraq front before they were against it.
And, another time line is very telling.
The Democrats took full control of all oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subpriime housing loan program in January, 2007. After less than 2 years of Democrat oversight of that program, it collapsed our economy.
Now, where am I wrong?
Wrong. Wanna tell us why Bush didn't want rein in F&F?

Bush: The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

That bill was the one where Mike Oxely said the WH gave Congress a one finger salute.

FYI....the co-sponser of that bill was Barney Frank. Who I'm pretty sure is a Democrat.

BTW..."Congress has full control of all the purse strings of the US government."

Nice to see the acknowledgement that Obama doesn't set the budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Efrat 67,984
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min loose cannon 174,675
When there is no more water and you can't affor... 53 min Drought 1
Abby 7-26 54 min loose cannon 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Terry rigsby 48,920
6 Shot, Boy Fatally, in Chicago 1 hr bensleys thoughts 1
Amy 7-26 1 hr edogxxx 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,541
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000