Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#771897 Oct 14, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
It was about two months ago I asked this ( what I thought) simple question. Never has any Repub given any answer.
... Name ONE, just one difference between what Romney plans to do and what Bush did or wanted to do. Just one difference.
If you Repubs cannot come up with ANY difference between Romney's plans and what Bush did, how do you ever expect us Dems to vote to ruin the nation again? Didn't you people learn anything from the Depression of 2008?
I'm getting tired of emptying the Kitty Litter. Scat or I'll shove a Flea Collar up your dark spot you Cross-Eyed Grunge Cat.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#771898 Oct 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see that guy with the TShirt that said, "Bring the White Back into the Whitehouse"? That's these goobers on here, a bunch of losers who can't stand that a black man is in the White House.
Meanwhile:
DUBAI, Oct 14 (Reuters)- The United Arab Emirates has dispatched a medical team to evacuate a Pakistani schoolgirl shot by the Taliban if doctors decide she should be taken abroad for treatment, a UAE news agency reported on Sunday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/14/mala...
Why aren't you telling them yo mind their own fckn business, lush?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#771899 Oct 14, 2012
The last part is right, President Obama wins again!

The rest of your slop? Peeeeeeeeyou!

Stinks!

But hey the clueless abound around here!

The country is better off,

Without Mitt Romney as President.

Let him play with his car elevator.

The winner will continue winning for the people!

That is something right wingers have never understood.

The country is not just billionaires to suck up to.

President Obama is real leadership for real people.

Have fun man. You get four more years to pick someone better to run in 2016.

Mitt? You guys ran Mitt? WTF were you thinking?

He sucks!

His plans change every hour!

And he only cares about the filthy rich. ONLY!

Now YOU! <----------gfy!
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hired by over 69 million voters who didn't even do a routine background check on me. My regards to the Main Stream Media for all their assistance. I'm doing a lousy , stinking job, with a record number of people out of work. I gave guns to Mexican drug gangs, hoping I could get a new gun control law passed. I decide which laws I'm going to enforce and which ones I won't. I've doubled the deficit. I've ruined our health care system. And yet I still stand an excellent chance of being re-elected.

Lapeer, MI

#771900 Oct 14, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =g-4-gLlF0uwXX&feature=rel ated
Isn't there a gay site somewhere on topix you could cruise?
As far as I can tell this is a political thread.
Take it somewhere else Chuckles, you're soliciting in the wrong place.
If you want to exercise Stupidity, try talking to the mirror. This is neither the time nor the place, Babycakes.

Lapeer, MI

#771901 Oct 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
The Obama team still won't answer why they blamed the Benghazi attacks on a video instead of terrorism.
Gingrich Insists Obama's Libya Cover-Up Worse Than Watergate: http://tinyurl.com/8b6gkss

Impeach the SOB. He is no President.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#771903 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Churches who claim tax exempt status, and people like Romney who filter millions through their churches, who use those funds to influence ballot initiatives in other states should lose their status, pay taxes and be fined. This is not charitable; it's hateful. Imagine what good things the Mormons could do to help the poor with $28 million. Instead, they chose to use it to take away rights of gay people.
Stop being a dummy. Romney and the Mormons don't give a shyt about the poor.
using that logic, labor unions should pay taxes on the dues they extort from "members".....

note that churches are merely advocating positions consistent with their religious beliefs.....

the biggest opponents of homosexual "marriage" are blacks and Hispanics, the core of your corrupt and sexually deviant party.....

Lapeer, MI

#771904 Oct 14, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
October 10, 2012
Moderator Of VP Debate Caught In Conflict With Obama
Let's go back to 1991. Who was Barack Obama then? He was not President (2009), he was not a US Senator (2005-2008), he was not a state legislator (1997-2004), he was not a community organizer (1985-1988). He was a senior at Harvard Law, and got a cushy job in Chicago where he got paid to write his book.
So why was he a guest at the wedding of Martha Radditz who is scheduled to moderate tomorrow's Vice Presidential debate? Because he was a friend of the groom, the moderator's husband until 1997. The Daily Caller has the story about all of that AND the cover up by the left stream media.
http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2012/10/mode...
The so-called "mainstream" media is trying like hell to bury this story.
... go figure. It's just one of a multitude of stories that prove how far they will go to promote the unpopular so-called liberal agenda.
And how many more shoes will we hear drop over the next few years after the scum of Chicago is voted out? Will it leak out slowly like fecal incontinence or will it explode like ImaginaryDave's diarrhea?

I have a strong feeling that one helluva lot of people connected with this nightmare administration will be writing books and giving interviews sharing their horrors with the Jerk-In-Chief. Military people, like Stanley A. McChrystal or SEAL 6 members, might come out swinging about how the clueless "commander in chief" didn't know his kleenex from used TP. There is a groundswell of resentment waiting to burst FORWARD about the Boy Messiah.

Lapeer, MI

#771905 Oct 14, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Like Obama's aunt from Kenya, and what has been so frequent an acronym has been generated for it:
OTM
"Other Than Mexican"
Muslim prayer rugs are commonly being discovered in the desert along the Mexican border.
I wonder how many sleeper cells Obama and Holder have helped get into the country. I also wonder what they allowed them to bring in with them, like dirty bombs and things like that.
... suitcase nukes, too?
What would the Democrats do is a horrendous event occurred right before the election, like a city being devastated?
Anyone care to answer this question?
How about what it would take for the American people to regain control of their government after that?
It's like Thomas Sowell said: If Iran nuked NY City and you had friends and relatives their soaked in nuclear radiation and dying an agonizing death, how important would it be at that moment that America had done something really, really cool and elected a President with half-black skin and able to sing Al Green on David Letterman???

Our last President was elected as a contestant on American Idol. Our next President will be selected from all the graduates issuing from the school of Hard Knocks.

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#771906 Oct 14, 2012
One Million Strong Against Mitt Romney in 2012
Via PoliticusUSA:

"The reality is that Roger Ailes and Fox News see Romney’s lack of details as one of his major weaknesses. They know it could cost him the election. They are trying their best to help Romney out, but the Republican nominee’s campaign is either too paranoid or stupid to accept their assistance.

It is looking like the real reason why Mitt Romney won’t give the details about his tax plan is because there aren’t any. Romney might actually be telling the truth when he states that he is going to figure it out later with the Congress, but figuring it out later with the Congress is also political code for,“we’re not going to pay for this,” and that is a truth that the Romney campaign desperately does not want to admit."
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771907 Oct 14, 2012
I hear after the debate, Disney is asking Biden if he can audition for the laugh and character of Woody WoodPecker.

The stuttering and laughing was a big hit.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#771908 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Did you see that guy with the TShirt that said, "Bring the White Back into the Whitehouse"? That's these goobers on here, a bunch of losers who can't stand that a black man is in the White House.
Meanwhile:
DUBAI, Oct 14 (Reuters)- The United Arab Emirates has dispatched a medical team to evacuate a Pakistani schoolgirl shot by the Taliban if doctors decide she should be taken abroad for treatment, a UAE news agency reported on Sunday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/14/mala...
You are such a goober.

What the guy is wearing is an anti-Palin t-shirt sold on Zazzle for the 2008 election -weird. Both the anti-Palin slogan and why he would be wearing it.

The saying is suppose to be in the front of the t-shirt. He is wearing his turned around backwards -weird again

The guys has also taken a bumper sticker and put it on his backwards anti-Palin t-shirt. Even weirder.

You remain the queen of Onion-is-a-serious-news-site.

Lapeer, MI

#771910 Oct 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
"“There is nobody on this planet who is more concerned and more interested in getting to the bottom of this than the President of the United States,” he said.“He feels personally responsibility for every representative he sends around the world.”" - Axelrod
Why did Obama send Stevens to Benghazi?
We have a historical deficit of leadership, too.

How often - if ever - have we seen Axelrod before Liberal MSM roundtable discussions? I can't recall if I have ever seen him slink out from the shadows and into the camera lights like this. He was just as animated as Hair-Plug Joe was in the VP debate. I sense they both had the same coach. Maybe Debbie Slutwazzerman. His appearances this week is a sign of desperation. Even the Oval Office gofer has to work for his pay now. Hillary is keeping her own counsel, too, because the Boy Messiah is poison from this day forward and Hillary has her eye on her future.
worried progressive

Orange Park, FL

#771911 Oct 14, 2012
Romney continues to draw bigger and bigger crowds at campaign stops.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-13/romn...

This worries me as a lefty. When you see big crowds at Obama events, they are usually bussed in labor union groups or highly organized activists (ACORN, for example).

In contrast, the Romney crows appear to be ordinary citizens, moms and dads, main street America.

I'm afraid this may be foreshadowing for the 2012 election. Hate to say it, but we may see a Republican landslide like in 2010 & another humiliating defeat for the occupy movement.

These are tough times for marxists, anarchists, petty criminals and other members of the 99 % movement.

Lapeer, MI

#771912 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
BFD, who cares?
Sen. Graham: White House "Denies, Deceives, Delays" Truth on Mideast:

http://tinyurl.com/98mlb95

Concerned voters and Patriotic Americans care.

Obviously, this leaves Barbie Doll Liquor Canisters like you out.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#771913 Oct 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many more shoes will we hear drop over the next few years after the scum of Chicago is voted out? Will it leak out slowly like fecal incontinence or will it explode like ImaginaryDave's diarrhea?
I have a strong feeling that one helluva lot of people connected with this nightmare administration will be writing books and giving interviews sharing their horrors with the Jerk-In-Chief. Military people, like Stanley A. McChrystal or SEAL 6 members, might come out swinging about how the clueless "commander in chief" didn't know his kleenex from used TP. There is a groundswell of resentment waiting to burst FORWARD about the Boy Messiah.
McChrystal was fired for daring to speak the truth about the failed Hussein Obama policy in Afghanistan....cowards blindly support a failed commander...heroes like McChrystal speak up to protect their troops.....

Lapeer, MI

#771914 Oct 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"The reported use of "Geronimo" as a codeword in the operation that led to Osama bin Laden's killing has angered some native Americans and threatens to become an embarrassment for the Obama administration."
They should've used "Kenyan Kumbaya".
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#771915 Oct 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a historical deficit of leadership, too.
How often - if ever - have we seen Axelrod before Liberal MSM roundtable discussions? I can't recall if I have ever seen him slink out from the shadows and into the camera lights like this. He was just as animated as Hair-Plug Joe was in the VP debate. I sense they both had the same coach. Maybe Debbie Slutwazzerman. His appearances this week is a sign of desperation. Even the Oval Office gofer has to work for his pay now. Hillary is keeping her own counsel, too, because the Boy Messiah is poison from this day forward and Hillary has her eye on her future.
Axelrod looks like the sinister villain in a silent film....the worst possible spokeshole for Hussein Obama.....

Lapeer, MI

#771916 Oct 14, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
The topix censors are on the job. "bullshiit" in their mind is inappropriate language. I'll probably have to change the spelling to "bullsh*t.
Peace
This happened the day after the Boy Messiah was installed. Posters were searching for a way to describe this administration's activities and they found one. It got overused so the Topix moderators(or their software) picked up on it. "Hail Obama" is not a bad expression, though, right Topix?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#771917 Oct 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Flabberghasted....hahahahaha. stop...i need to breathe
The laughs have not stop since the debate -t-shirts, ads, photos, comparison to The Joker and tickle-me-Elmo.

However beyond the stupidity of his behavior, many people are totaling perturb that this person thought such topics as Iran becoming nuclear, abortion and the deficit was funny. If he disagreed shaking your head would have been more appropriate then acting like serious issues are funny.

Second-Biden proved that this admin (or are they not part of admin as they recently claimed) doesn't want to hear any viewpoints that conflicts with their own. The public comes to the awareness of WHO is the cause of the problems in DC.

So we are stuck -currently- with a POTUS who is totally disinterested in issues

A V-POTUS who thinks issues are funny
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#771918 Oct 14, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
One Million Strong Against Mitt Romney in 2012
Via PoliticusUSA:
"The reality is that Roger Ailes and Fox News see Romney’s lack of details as one of his major weaknesses. They know it could cost him the election. They are trying their best to help Romney out, but the Republican nominee’s campaign is either too paranoid or stupid to accept their assistance.
It is looking like the real reason why Mitt Romney won’t give the details about his tax plan is because there aren’t any. Romney might actually be telling the truth when he states that he is going to figure it out later with the Congress, but figuring it out later with the Congress is also political code for,“we’re not going to pay for this,” and that is a truth that the Romney campaign desperately does not want to admit."
Using that logic Obama's lack of details should sink him too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 189,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr As reported 53,472
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 13 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 15 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]