... please don't feed the Gore. ;-)<quoted text>What will Algore do now? He might go on a hunger strike?
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.
Since: Dec 10
#772079 Oct 15, 2012
Since: Dec 10
#772080 Oct 15, 2012
In case you get bored with the debate
Rules for Bullshit Bingo:
1. Before Barrack Obama's next televised speech, prepare your "Bullshit Bingo" card by drawing a square.
I find that 5" x 5" is a good size -- and dividing it into columns --five across and five down. That will give you 25 1-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
. Restored our reputation
. Strategic fit
. Let me be clear
. Make no mistake
. Back from the brink
. Signs of recovery
. Out of the loop
. Job creation
. Fiscal restraint
. Affordable health care
. Previous Administration
. Greed on Wall Street
. At the end of the day
. Empower (or empowerment)
. Touch base
. Corporate greed
. Game plan
. Inherited as in "I inherited this mess"
. Relief for working families (alternate - "unprecedented")
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout
Testimonials from past satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
"I had been listening to the speech for only five minutes when I won." -
Jack W., Boston
"My attention span during speeches has improved dramatically." - David D.,
"What a gas! Speeches will never be the same for me after my first win." -
Bill R., New York City
"The atmosphere was tense in the last speech as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver
"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULLSHIT!" for the third time in two hours." - Harry A, Chantilly
"This is the most fun I have ever had with my pants up!" Robert H.
“Seriously Misguided Democrat”
Since: Oct 12
#772081 Oct 15, 2012
Yeah! You think Reince Priebus, the sniveling weasel that heads the Republican party is better? This guy is a combination of Barney Fife and Pee Wee Herman.
#772082 Oct 15, 2012
America FOREWARNINGS 2013, 2014 -----#----
#772084 Oct 15, 2012
Will you ever get tired of making statements of 'fact' with nothing to back them up?
Now do the birther thing and try to lay it back in my lap.
'No, you prove it!''Since I can't!' And there ya go. You in a nutshell. Literally.
So let's hear how a Republican president let Congress run all over him. And much like the Barney Frank F&F myth, it'll take more than a few words.
#772085 Oct 15, 2012
Following the debate, Cheney declared that there is no question in my mind when I look at Joe Biden and Paul Ryan on the stage there last night, I think Paul Ryans got what it takes to take over as president. I dont think Joe Biden does.[...]
The former Republican vice president adores the Republican vice presidential candidate because Ryan is a fresh, young Cheney.
Cheney moved to Washington as soon as he could and became a political careerist, working as a Capitol Hill aide, a think-tank hanger on and then a member of Congress. Ryan followed the same insider trajectory.
Cheneys a hyper-partisan Republican with a history of putting party loyalty above everything else. Ryans an equally loyal GOP mandarin.
Cheneys a rigid ideologue who has never let reality get in the way of cockamamie neocon theories about where to start the next war. And Ryans every bit as much a neocon as Cheney.
#772086 Oct 15, 2012
Countdown to the second Presidential debate...
Only one more day.
1. Will Romney continue to say anything that he believes will get him elected?
2. If so, will Obama continue to respond to Romneys pandering with passivity?
Since: Dec 10
#772089 Oct 15, 2012
So, warning people to be aware that the biggest threat to their right to vote is demeaning.
Sounds like a Democrat talking....
#772090 Oct 15, 2012
The bigger question is whether Romneys pivot toward the center occurred too late to rescue him. Its now October. Voter perceptions and preferences have largely calcified. And from the moment he sewed up the nomination and through to Denver an eternal-seeming six months Romney half-heartedly and unconvincingly waged a losing campaign on behalf of movement conservatism. If he wins, I suspect it will be nearly impossible next year for Romney to renege on his promise not to lower the share of taxes paid by the wealthy (though his definition of middle income does offer wiggle room). And he strongly signaled that he will not repeal but rather tweak Obamacare and the Dodd-Frank financial reforms.
Practically speaking, Romney has committed himself to a second Obama term but with lower tax rates and magical growth.
Savor the choice, America!
#772092 Oct 15, 2012
What matters is the economy and Obama's miserable record. The Food Stamp President now has a coverup where people died due to his malfeasance. The USA is really hurting because of Obama & the Democrats. The debate is redundant.
#772093 Oct 15, 2012
Wanna tell us who those folks voted for last time around?
That's what it's about. The wrong headed assumption that the 'poor white folks' will do anything to keep their 'handouts'.
Don't believe me? Just visit any right wing nutjob site on the net. They'll gladly fill you in.
Since: Dec 10
#772095 Oct 15, 2012
You forgot to answer the post:
Ok, tell me where I'm wrong.
There are many statements in the post. Identify the statement(s) that are wrong and tell us why it is wrong.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:
I know I've explained this to you before, but I'll do it one more time. You know, no child left behind.
In case you're like Obama and have never read the Constitution, this is an important point to understand when you discuss the debt and deficit:
Congress has full control of all the purse strings of the US government. The president cannot invent programs to spend on. Only Congress can do that. Only Congress can determine how much to spend on each of the programs only Congress can authorize.
Now, let's review some recent American history:
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats all the purse strings of the US government in January, 2007, with a declining 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit. The Democrats have increased that deficit ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT to 2.4 trillion dollars.
The Republicans turned over to the Democrats a total public debt of 5 trillion dollars in January, 2007. The Democrats have more than tripled that debt which is 16 trillion dollars today.
Now, if you repeat the same ignorant stuff you've been regurgitating here, we can accurately describe you as a liar.
And, here's the link to read the Democrats negotiating for no effective oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy. In the article you also see the Director of OFHEO citing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for cooking the books to hide the massive CRA failures that were a known threat to our economy as early as 2003.
Now, let's look at a time line. After the Republicans gave to the Democrats what they wanted, no effective oversight of the Democrat program that collapsed our economy, the Democrats supported the Iraq operation. That's when they were for the Iraq front before they were against it.
And, another time line is very telling.
The Democrats took full control of all oversight of the Democrats' idiotic subpriime housing loan program in January, 2007. After less than 2 years of Democrat oversight of that program, it collapsed our economy.
Now, where am I wrong?
#772098 Oct 15, 2012
Obama's gonna lose by a landslide.
Since: Dec 10
#772099 Oct 15, 2012
Romney/Ryan in a landslide with over 300 electoral votes.
Get ready to see the exact same thing you saw in the mid-term elections when the American people handed the Democrats their asses to them.
Those same people will be voting again this time, and the last time they voted it was a referrendum on Obama.
Wake up. Smell the coffee. It was only a dream you had. It wasn't real.
#772100 Oct 15, 2012
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 28 February 1991) was a war waged by a UN-authorized coalition force from 34 nations led by the United States, against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
SADDAM HUSSIEN -nutcase dictator, INVADING OTHER countries.
However, Osama bin Laden on the other hand was a political fighter who used Islam to motivate his fighters. The 1998 United States Embassy bombings marked a turning point, with bin Laden intent on attacking the United States. Bin Laden issued another fatwa in February 1998, together with Ayman al Zawahiri, declaring war against Americans. Bin Laden stated "We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they [Americans] are all targets."
WTH we doing in Libya???? They actually were of NO invasive harm to the USA...nor was Kaudafi invading ANY other country.
FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.
#772102 Oct 15, 2012
Vote Republican so we can begin some logical, realistic enery initiatives like BioDiesel, Nuclear & drilling & the pipeline.
For example, prior to Obama, the government in 2004 passed incentives for Biodiesel that expired under Obama last year:
Trickle Down Government & Obama picking LOOSERS in the Solar Industry, pissing away our Tax Dollars does not help.
We need JOBS, not SLOBS.
Vote Romney/Ryan 2012.
#772103 Oct 15, 2012
You really are a racist pig. Talk about nutjobs...
#772104 Oct 15, 2012
Yeah, by a landslide! And then he's gonna dig himself out, dust himself off, and start all over again.
#772105 Oct 15, 2012
Don't forget slamming using the phrase "trickle down anythng"!!
(while in ACTUALITY-
back in 1980 during a similar economic downturn President Ronald Reagan took the exact opposite approach as Barack Obama. Reagan cut taxes and regulations. When Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Act at his ranch in 1981, it was the largest tax cut in American history. And it was a massive success. Jobs were created. In 15 months in 1983-84 job growth was 4,655,000, while in the comparable 15 months in 2011-12 it was 2,475,000, just a little more than half as many. The average GDP during Ronald Reagans 4th year in office was a whopping 7.75%.)
#772107 Oct 15, 2012
Liberal Media Bias
Question everything you hear, read or see from ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/NYT/WAPO/LAT.
(1) Neil King is a political reporter for the Wall Street Journal. He is married to Shailagh Murray who left a reporting job at the Washington Post to take the job of Joe Bidens communications director. She replaced Jay Carney who moved to the White House and who himself left Time to take the communications director role for Biden.
(2) John Harris of the Politico is married to an abortion rights activist who used to run NARAL Virginia.
(3) The Politicos Chief Washington Correspondent, Jonathan Allen, left the Politico to work for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, then returned to the Politico.
(4) Andy Barr of the Politico left the Politico to work for the Democratic National Committee and now works for Richard Carmona, the Democrats candidate for Senate in Arizona against Jeff Flake.
(5) George Stephanopolous of ABC News used to be a strategist for Bill Clinton and even after becoming Chief Washington Correspondent still engaged in regular conversations with Rahm Emanuel, James Carville, and Paul Begala from the Clinton days.(Ironic, isnt it, that John Harris wrote that story)
(6) Michael Scherer of Time, where Jay Carney left to go to Joe Bidens office, got his start in left wing publications, as did Ezra Klein of the Washington Post who famously created the left wing Journolist filled with Washington journalists and pundits to bounce around themes in the left wing echo chamber.
(7) Linda Douglass of ABC News left ABC to serve as Chief Propaganda Officer for the Obama White House in charge of getting Obamacare through.
(8) Andrew Rosenthal of the New York Times made up the story about President George H. W. Bush being surprised and taken aback by a common supermarket check out scanner. The story was made up by Rosenthal who was not even present. Andrew Rosenthal is now the Editor of the New York Times Editorial Page.
(9) The BuzzFeed crew are mostly left of center, hang out with left of center reporters and pundits, and the media considers them and their cat GIFs the second coming of a supposedly objective Huffington Post.
(10) Chuck Todd of NBC is married to a former DNC staffer and he worked as a Democratic staffer to Senator Tom Harkin. He works with Chris Matthews who worked for a Democrat in Congress and Jimmy Carter. They both work with Andrea Mitchell who is married to Alan Greenspan, the former Chairman of the Federal Reserve. And theyre all just a degree or two removed from Tawana Brawley thanks to their relationship with MSNBC host Al Sharpton.
Add your comments below
|BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09)||10 min||JRB||227,660|
|Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09)||17 min||Go Blue Forever||103,909|
|last post wins! (Apr '13)||1 hr||Hatti_Hollerand||1,779|
|Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08)||1 hr||Black Climate Expert||61,764|
|Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine||2 hr||Capt Rork||4|
|minorities and libs||3 hr||Family||1|
|Double Word Game (Dec '11)||4 hr||GEORGIA||3,314|
|After hillary choked, what really happened with...||7 hr||TRUE PSYCHOPATH||14|
Find what you want!
Search Chicago Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC