Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771527 Oct 14, 2012
Two Republicans living in Oklahoma were sitting on a bench talking, and one Republican says to the other,“Which do you think is farther away… Florida or the moon?” The other Republican turns and says “Helloooooooooo, can you see Florida ?????”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771528 Oct 14, 2012
CAR TROUBLE
A Republican pushes her BMW into a gas station. She tells the mechanic it died. After he works on it for a few minutes, it is idling smoothly. She says,“What’s the story?” He replies,“Just crap in the carburetor.” She asks,“How often do I have to do that?”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#771529 Oct 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is spelled correctly. I did not proof read and used the verb instead of the noun .
Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%
There's that 47% again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771530 Oct 14, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
can anyone imagine arming the DHS/TSA clowns at airport security???...
armed IRS agents checking your medical insurance???...
why are Americans willing to submit to a police state???....

Old-line Republican warns 'something's in the works' to trigger a police state

Thom Hartmann began his program on Thursday by reading from a new Executive Order which allows the government to seize the assets of anyone who interferes with its Iraq policies.

He then introduced old-line conservative Paul Craig Roberts -- a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Reagan who has recently become known for his strong opposition to the Bush administration and the Iraq War -- by quoting the "strong words" which open Roberts' latest column: "Unless Congress immediately impeaches Bush and Cheney, a year from now the US could be a dictatorial police state at war with Iran."

"I don't actually think they're very strong," said Roberts of his words. "I get a lot of flak that they're understated and the situation is worse than I say.... When Bush exercises this authority [under the new Executive Order]... there's no check to it. It doesn't have to be ratified by Congress. The people who bear the brunt of these dictatorial police state actions have no recourse to the judiciary. So it really is a form of total, absolute, one-man rule.... The American people don't really understand the danger that they face."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Oldline_Republi...

Some Americans are kind of stupid at times. Those times, and the some, being determined by who's in the WH. Or so it seems

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771531 Oct 14, 2012
SPEEDING TICKET
A police officer stops a Republican for speeding and asks her very nicely if he could see her license. She replied in a huff,“I wish you guys would get your act together. Just yesterday you take away my license and then today you expect me to show it to you!”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771533 Oct 14, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> "On Wednesday, Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston television station WHDH that she wanted Romney to stop citing her son.
"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama," Barbara Doherty said."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/romn...
"The father of Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya who was killed in the attack in Benghazi last month, said his son’s death shouldn’t be politicized in the presidential campaign.
“It would really be abhorrent to make this into a campaign issue,” Jan Stevens, 77, said in a telephone interview from his home in Loomis, California, as he prepares for a memorial service for his son next week. "
What about the AD where the guy said Romney was responsible for his wifes death. We all now know that was a lie and that Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager mlied about it as well, hypocrite.

What did you say about Buig Bird?

How's athe AARP - they told Obama to stop using them. Hypocrite on, airhead.
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771534 Oct 14, 2012
RIVER WALK
There’s this Republican out for a walk. She comes to a river and sees another blonde on the opposite bank “Yoo-hoo!” she shouts,“How can I get to the other side?” The second Republican looks up the river then down the river and shouts back,“You ARE on the other side.”
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771535 Oct 14, 2012
DOCTOR’S OFFICE
A gorgeous young redhead goes into the doctor’s office and said that her body hurt wherever she touched it.“Impossible!” says the doctor.“Show me.” The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left shoulder and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed even more. She pushed her knee and screamed; likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream. The doctor said,“You’re not really a redhead, are you?”Well, no” she said,“I’m actually a Republican.”“I thought so,” the doctor said.“Your finger is broken.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771536 Oct 14, 2012
Oh my - more typos for leosnana!!!

She's all excited!!!!
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771537 Oct 14, 2012
KNITTING
A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the Republican behind the wheel was knitting! Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled,“PULL OVER!”“NO!” the Republican yelled back,“IT’S A SCARF!”

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#771538 Oct 14, 2012
O Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic Party has lost its mind and its way. Its political philosophy of inclusion and progress has been consumed by virulent strains of anger, dishonesty and intolerance. Its leaders don’t just want to win an election; they want to silence any American who disagrees with them.
Consider the latest evidence. The White House, on defense over the assassination of our Libyan ambassador after Washington reduced security, launched a frantic search for a scapegoat. It first blamed protests over an anti-Muslim video and, when forced to admit the protests never existed, pointed fingers at intelligence officials and managers in the State Department. Watch your back, Hillary.
A campaign aide, with a straight face, also insisted that the terrorist attack is an issue only because Republicans politicized it. The buck doesn’t stop at this president’s desk.
A desperate Obama resorts to calling his opponent a “liar,” and his latest promise is to preserve taxpayer subsidies for public television’s cash cow, Big Bird. The tactic is denounced even by supporters as more cartoonish than the giant yellow canary. No matter — it’s a victory because another day passes without discussion of jobs, the debt, deficit or Iran.
Then there is Joe Biden whose manic behavior at the debate won the approval of Dems despondent over Obama’s flop at his debate. Biden’s rude laughs, snorts and sneers, combined with hectoring accusations of Paul Ryan, were catnip for those who see Republicans as unworthy and illegitimate.
They actually applaud that Biden’s 100+interruptions prevented any sustained, serious discussion. To hell with America, party comes 1st.
Despite Biden’s assertion that “facts matter,” they didn’t to him. Catholic bishops insist he misstated the terms of ObamaCare’s contraception mandate on their institutions. And although he was patently dishonest about his own votes on Iraq and Afghanistan, no Dem complained because they loved his venomous attacks on Ryan.
There is zero evidence that those not already committed to Obama were impressed by Biden’s buffoonery, but MSNBC and The New York Times are back on the bus. Mission accomplished.
The debate aside, what about ordinary citizens who come up against Democratic malice & its media cheerleaders? Who will protect them?
Celebrities who post they favor Romney receive death threats. The double-standard left thought it was OK to burn effigies of George Bush and then in 2008--displays of McCain and Palin as part of hideously violent Halloween decorations. And they call Romney a liar, a thief and a murderer. But criticize Obama and the dont' disrespect the President or the rac card is quick to come up.
In theory, free speech still exists. But to the new Democrats, speech is free only to those who spout the party line. Everybody else must pay a price.
When you copy a NYPost article verbatim, if you don't offer some sort of citation it is considered plagiarism...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771539 Oct 14, 2012
Celestial wrote:
SPEEDING TICKET
A police officer stops a Republican for speeding and asks her very nicely if he could see her license. She replied in a huff,“I wish you guys would get your act together. Just yesterday you take away my license and then today you expect me to show it to you!”
Then the Democrat in the passengers seat shoots the cop.
Celestial

Sallisaw, OK

#771540 Oct 14, 2012
REPUBLICAN ON THE SUN
A Russian, an American, and a Republican were talking one day. The Russian said,“We were the first in space!” The American said,“We were the first on the moon!”The Republican said,“So what? We’re going to be the first on the sun!” The Russian and the American looked at each other and shook their heads.“You can’t land on the sun, you idiot! You’ll burn up!” said the Russian. To which the Republican replied,“We’re not stupid, you know. We’re going at night!”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771541 Oct 14, 2012
Ed Gillespie, adviser to the Romney campaign, defended the campaign's assertion that six independent studies have validated the plausibility of Mitt Romney's tax plan, a talking point used by both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to defend the plan against attacks that the math doesn't ad up. "Six different studies have said this is entirely doable," Gillespie said on "Fox News Sunday."

But host Chris Wallace took issue with the assertion, calling some of the studies "questionable."

"These are very credible sources," Gillespie pushed back.

"One of these is from a guy -- is a blog from a guy who was a top adviser to George W. Bush," Wallace countered. "These are hardly non-partisan studies."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#771542 Oct 14, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How's your buddy Big Bird doing. Seems like after the creators told Obama to stop inkecting them in his rediculous rhetoric, you morons STFU real fast.
Elmo says Hi, airhead.
"The Count" is in his glory ... he gets to count to over 16 trillion!

Come on, boys and girls: one ... two ... three ... four ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#771543 Oct 14, 2012
bin Laden is dead; but Al-Qaeda is still alive

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#771544 Oct 14, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought reference to Lord Obama as "boy" was a mention of his lack of experience in any executive position (he had ZERO until he became the highest executive in the country), his youth (he is the youngest president since Kennedy), or his child-like naivete with respect to foreign relations.
I suppose we should get a list of things we CAN'T mention about Lord Obama. Like the fact that he can't meet with the prime minister of Israel, but he has time for hangin' with Jay-Z (such a mention would be comparing him to street thugs and rappers, therefore racist). Or that he seems to have more focus on basketball games in March than working with Congress on the budget crisis (because basketball is a predominantly black sport, therefore racist).
I hope we get rid of this crew of misfits and hacks in four weeks.
You can also call Obama "boy" if you're addressing him in the role of a constitutional lawyer. He's never even seen the inside of a courtroom as a lawyer.
... and somehow he gets placed on the faculty of the University of Chicago Law School. Probably the same way he got a degree from Columbia without ever attending classes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771545 Oct 14, 2012
Obama patted himself on the back for the "Seals" killing Bin Laden, now he lies about the brutal murders in Libya. Bush said the war on terror is bigger than just one man.

Too bad, Democrats just don't get it.

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#771546 Oct 14, 2012
Celestial wrote:
How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer:...6......One to hold the bulb, & Five to turn the chair around & around
You don't have anything original to say?

That one came from the dark ages.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#771547 Oct 14, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Count" is in his glory ... he gets to count to over 16 trillion!
Come on, boys and girls: one ... two ... three ... four ...
Applause!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min cheluzal 98,870
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min JOEL 71,186
Chicago Pizza Blows 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr festivus infidel 68,906
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports