Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#771400 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> If they were not notified, how would they know? Ambassador Stevens failed to notify the State Dept. because he knew they would advise him not to go to Benghazi.
So you are going with the State Dept is incompetent angle?
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#771401 Oct 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Someone Has Finally Thrown Hillary Clinton Under The Bus And His Name Is Barack Obama
The White House is throwing Hillary Clinton under the 2012 election bus.
Top officials have already claimed the nation’s intelligence agencies did not alert the White House to the growing danger facing the State Department’s facility in Benghazi, Libya, which was destroyed Sept. 11 by a jihadi attack on the 11th anniversary of the atrocities in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.
I think the call might have been made, but the Voicemail Box at the White House was full and no one was there to listen to that red phone. Obama was in Las Vegas.

Hillary predicted that in 2008.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771402 Oct 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I saw a break down of early voting requests Obama was behind were he was in 2008 in the swing states. Data is what it is? This was an on line poll requiring people willing to do one of these. Not much fun as I did one and it took over a half hour. File in interesting .
Filed.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#771403 Oct 14, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
when the fast and furious was declared yet another right wing hysteria?
Declared by whom?
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

#771404 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
After they are given a short grace period for the gun nuts to surrender their firearms, the Dept. of Homeland Security will mobilize to finish carrying out the lawful order. They will follow orders given by their President.
The LAWFUL gun owners of the country will not give up our right to bear arms for anyone , and certainly not for a misguided Jr. senator who hasn't a clue as to the depth of our love of the constitution and the great men who have died to defend it , you want our guns only to make it easier to take the rest of our liberty's and rights , this is not England or Australlia we will fight and die defending our rights , make no mistake about it we ARE the real homeland security .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771406 Oct 14, 2012
By Your Command

.... The emphasis that these hawkish critics put on the imagined efficacy of “speaking out” was an early sign that they had fully embraced the idea of the Presidency as a vehicle for delivering rhetoric capable of changing entrenched political realities on the other side of the planet. We can only hope that they do not sincerely hold such an insane belief.

To some extent, this was just partisan opportunism: fault the incumbent for whatever he did or didn’t do, and insist that his “failure” to do something different was a disaster. The obsession with the Green movement protests in particular suggests that some movement conservatives have come to take these arguments seriously, or at least to make everyone else think that they take them seriously. They want the public to believe that they think that presidential rhetoric can alter the course of foreign political events. It’s difficult to overstate just how breathtakingly arrogant one has to be to presume that the influence of the U.S. government in shaping the affairs of other nations is that great.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#771407 Oct 14, 2012
Crazy Uncle Joe Biden

As we all learn, usually painfully, a smile isn't always a smile. The difference between a smile and a grimace, after all, is a matter of a few muscles. Or as Shakespeare had Hamlet say: "That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

No, I'm not calling Biden a villain, but when someone employs a smile with purpose, as he obviously did, there's good cause to examine the behavior more closely. What did he intend? What impression was he hoping to make? What was the effect on his audience?

Post-debate commentary has included the likelihood that Democrats, deflated since Sub-Obama's encounter with Uber-Romney, saw Biden as a mirthful wonk-slayer. A Goliath in years and stature, he slew young David from Accounting. Which is, of course, not the way the story is supposed to go.

Non-Democrats, including Republicans and independents, likely saw Biden as dismissive, rude and unnecessarily condescending. A man confident of his facts doesn't have to deflect a weak argument with a sneer or a smile. A senior statesman can afford to be gracious, especially if he believes the facts are on his side.

But were they? Fact-checkers are furiously whittling away, but one obvious and potentially harmful error was the vice president's incorrect assertion that our murdered ambassador and staff in Benghazi hadn't asked for and been denied additional security. In congressional testimony the day before, State Department officials admitted exactly that.

Biden did render a satisfying "gotcha" of his own when he reminded Ryan that the Wisconsin congressman had written the Obama administration two letters requesting stimulus funds. Ouch.

Ryan, persistently respectful, managed to maintain as close to a poker face as one can under the circumstances.

Biden's smile, though it may be the most remembered part of the debate, probably didn't work as intended.

Democrats may have overlooked the inauthenticity of the smile, not to mention Biden's repeated interruptions, because he was projecting the aggression they were feeling. As their agent, he was compensating for the president's perceived weakness. The anger they feel is really toward Obama, of course; Ryan was merely his stand-in.
Research on smiles is extensive and fascinating.

Sincere smiles, which have a name -- the Duchenne smile -- are related to health and longevity, among other things. But studies also show that different kinds of smiles convey different messages. Our deep brains instinctively decipher smiles and generally know what they mean. A sincere smile conveys confidence, humor and contagious well-being.

An insincere smile is hostile -- and creepy.

When Biden and Obama project a Duchenne smile, it is indeed a sunny day. They both are blessed with dazzlers and both obviously have recognized the advantage this gives them in politics. Obama's legendary likability most likely is linked to his billion-buck grin.

To receive a warm smile is its own reward. To be on the receiving end of an insincere smile, or one that doesn't fit the message being delivered, is psychological trickery.

Think of Nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." She smiled even as she delivered psyche-crushing information. The disconnect between what her victims were seeing and what they were hearing and feeling was torturous. Similarly, the teacher who smiles and says "Johnny made a bad choice" is confusing and potentially enraging.

Finally, a politician who smiles while trying to take you down may be a pro, but he's no friend.

"Who do you trust?" Biden asked Americans as he looked directly into the camera.

Well, now, funny you should ask.

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/parker-joe-bid...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#771408 Oct 14, 2012
Nana wrote:
Obama seems to be nice, but has NOT kept is promises to the Amerian People, we are on a Fiscal Cliff, and something needs to be done. America Cannot survive another four more years of the SOS. AMERICA needs JOBS, JOBS, JOBS !!!
ROMNEY is a JOB GURU, I will vote ROMNEY-RYAN.
Move to China and you can work at Romneys factory for $20.00 a month
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771409 Oct 14, 2012
Romney’s Wrong on Syria

Intervention to depose Assad has major risks and no national security imperative.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#771410 Oct 14, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And all get washed to sea, broke, with sore azzholes.
Now they're all experts on Libya!!
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#771411 Oct 14, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mitt gets elected, he will shut down all media, you think you know nothing now? Ha!
Non-transparent Obama is finished, as so are you..."FIN"ished...L OL
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#771412 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Move to China and you can work at Romneys factory for $20.00 a month
Obama and Giggles Biden have already sent in their applications...LOL
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771413 Oct 14, 2012
Our local paper published a story this morning stating that the members of the Navy Seals that President Obama ordered to kill Bin Laden were trained in Hertford, N.C. I once lived in Hertford, N.C. and have seen the training facility. I paid taxes in Hertford, N.C., thus helping finance the infrastructure for the training facility. That means I played a part in killing Bin Laden. Don't bother thanking me. My reward is the knowledge that I helped President Obama end terrorism in America so the rest of you can sleep at night.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#771414 Oct 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know who's the bigger schmuck for believing everything the government tells them - you or Davey.
You're the one who believes Hezbollahs claim that the Ambassador was raped
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#771415 Oct 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Just because your mother f*cked everything with a dick does not mean all women do the same.
Look what I found posted from last night! Da-Vey the Putz must have spent another Saturday night alone and was sucking on the beer. Beer muscles! BOY o BOY, Da-Vey. LOL

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#771416 Oct 14, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Schumer is part of your NYC tribe, along with yepperz/Jean and Demos/Tenzing....leftwingers who give a bad name to the rest of the Jewish faith.....
ZZZZZZZZZzzz. Wrong again Waxtard. Not Jewish, not Jean. But you're a whining little anti-semitic sockpuppet, lol,,What else ya got?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771417 Oct 14, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going with the State Dept is incompetent angle?
I'm going with the fact that the tragic deaths of Ambassador Stevens and his entourage were probably their own fault. There, I said it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#771418 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans agree that there are too many azzholes and we should get rid of them.
I agree. Are you going soon?

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#771419 Oct 14, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember how dumb you looked when the fast and furious was declared yet another right wing hysteria?
I do.
Lets put this into perspective.

President Nixon wanted to learn what his opponent's campaign strategy was. He or someone on his staff directed a team to break into a Democrat campaign office in Watergate in an attempt to find the information.

They did. Nixon won his campaign for reelection.

This "crime" was uncovered. The subsequent investigation revealed that the White House was implicit in this robery. The White House tried to cover its involvement up and actually lied to investigators.

President Nixon was impeached and for the "good of the country" resigned his office rather than dragging this country through a formal impeachment proceeding.

In contrast to "Fast and Furious" the justice department actions resulted in the death of a United States law enforcement officer. An American citizen died as a result of Fast and Furious. It is unknown exactly how many other American and Mexican citizens have died directly as a result of Justice Department actions. With "Fast and Furious" the Obama administration has done exactly the very same thing as did the Nixon administration did with Watergate. The difference is... Americans have lost their life in "Fast and Furious" while nobody died because the Nixon crew broke into a Democrat office.

American diplomats have been killed in Libya by terrorists. According to the Obama administration teoorists have been defeated because Bin Laden is dead. There is no was on terror in the Obama administration because terrorists do not exist. The Obama adminsitration made choices that led to these deaths in Libya and has been lieing about it from the day it happened. This surely sounds like a cover up to me. Vice President Biden himself declared on national televsision that nobody in the administration knew anything about the events in Libya.(This was days after sworn testimony in congress stated otherwise)

Given the similartities and the results of all three of these incidents why should Congress refrain from initiating impeachment proceedings against Obama?

Where do you get this is all right wing hysteria? Obama is breaking United States Law. Is that also right wing "hysteria?"
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771420 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
You're the one who believes Hezbollahs claim that the Ambassador was raped
The Ambassador died from smoke inhalation. He was rushed to a local hospital via private automobile where he died some 6 hours later. He was never raped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 15 min SLY WEST 1,121
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min mdbuilder 46,574
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 33 min joey 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,196
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr NevadaBob 1,918
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Blwlgo 4,016
Abby 9-13-14 3 hr cheluzal 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,956
Amy 9-15 8 hr liner 10
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search