Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#771272 Oct 14, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Obama who is moving American jobs to China.
He did so in the sake of "investing" in green energy jobs. Billions of green energy funds went to pay the salaries of Chinese workers making green lightbulbs. This is compounded by federal regulations with disallow the sale of anything but green lightbulbs.(he wants those chinese workers to enjoy some job security after all)
His job czar wad personally responsible for moving jobs manufacturing medical imaging equipment from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area (where it has been for decades) to Bejing.
You do realize that the legislation hat ended the old style light bulbs was signed by Bush, right???

Of course not.

Obama didn't move anything. Corporate America did.

Because they get a tax advantage. An advantage Romney wants to increase & Obama wants to end.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#771273 Oct 14, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.... listing the qualities of the average democrat and blaming bush for it.
The majority of those with sexual identity problems support Obama.
Even though by law they are not allowed to vote, convicted felons voted for Obama en mass in 2008.
California overwhelmingly supported Obama during the 2008 election... thaere are you druggies and alcoholics.
Get a life.
Blaming Bush?? Hows that? Lol... Why don't you give that toy gun you use for your avatar a good polishing? When you're done, look up sexual identity issues. Then look up toe tappers.

Newville, PA

#771274 Oct 14, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.... listing the qualities of the average democrat and blaming bush for it.
The majority of those with sexual identity problems support Obama.
Even though by law they are not allowed to vote, convicted felons voted for Obama en mass in 2008.
California overwhelmingly supported Obama during the 2008 election... thaere are you druggies and alcoholics.
Get a life.
Now, there's the bogoted POS Glenn showing up again.

Newville, PA

#771275 Oct 14, 2012
bigoted
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#771277 Oct 14, 2012
More Evidence of Liberal Pussification

Des Moines Lincoln High School football coach Tom Mihalovich was recently suspended when it was decided he had violated “school bullying and corporal punishment policies” after he made a sophomore run sprints and laps for saying mean things about the varsity team. From the Des Moines Register:

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/10/1...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#771278 Oct 14, 2012
US election 2012: why Mitt Romney is all talk and no substance on foreign affairs

When it comes the world outside America, Republican challenger Mitt Romney offers lots of criticisms but few solutions

So much of this political campaign has been a struggle between narrative and facts. One of the few concrete actions Mitt Romney has promised in the area of foreign affairs is to increase America's military spending to four per cent of GDP – which would cost more than $2 trillion extra over the next decade. This hugely expensive, arbitrary benchmark gets predictable cheers from the cheap seats.

But doing the maths is important, especially because the Romney campaign's core is a commitment to rein in the generational theft of deficits and debt.

This $2 trillion dollar sop to the defence industry would overwhelm every specific cut he has proposed to domestic spending and social programmes, while also ensuring ballooning deficits into the future. When asked in the debate how this expense added up against the larger goals of deficit reduction, Ryan essentially had no response.

I called a defence analyst from the libertarian Cato Institute, Benjamin Friedman, looking for some perspective. "To be allegedly sceptical of government spending while being for spending massive amounts on defence it's just sort of the daily hypocrisy or ideological inconsistency," he said.

"If you say you don't think the government can efficiently deliver the mail, it's odd to say it can deliver democracy to Mesopotamia or Afghanistan."

The reality check resonates. With less than a month to the election, and two presidential debates left, this is the time for citizens to demand specifics, to drag arguments out of narrative abstractions and into the realm of actual governing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-...

Newville, PA

#771279 Oct 14, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
why the personal insults, ya f ing POS scumbag? go suck on Obama.
Why do you right whiners have to stoop to calling Obama's dead mother a slut.

GFY

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#771280 Oct 14, 2012
allah -god of inferiors wrote:
<quoted text>since when IL has a conceal weapon laws >> ?
I thought IL was the only state which doesen't
WHen I opened my account I was in IL.

I no longer live in that state.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#771281 Oct 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Romney Will Be a “Replay of the Bush Administration”

Sorry about the lack of 'lib talking points'.
Like your lib scare tactics are any different...

Newville, PA

#771282 Oct 14, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us who have a problem with hypocrisy care. Even buying renewable energy it can be argued a 30,000 sq.ft. house is a waste of resources. 30,000 sq.ft. for 2 people as well, i believe.
His side encourages using less, it's do as i say, not as i do.
If you but renewable, green energy that does not pollute, it does not reduce our resources, does not produce greenhouse gas emissions.

It also promotes the green industry.

You just got caught being stupid.

Joliet, Illinois

#771283 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical gun nut.
Define "typical gun nut."

I think you are confusing "typical gun nut" with "typical american gun owner."

Gun nuts go on shooting sprees usually killing innocent people in the process.

I have owned guns for 47 years and not one single person has ever been threatened with,or hurt by any of my weapons regardless of whose possession they were in.
Mile

Burnley, UK

#771284 Oct 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When pushed, yet another right whiner resorts to racial slurs.
Are you suggesting that no racist rhetoric has been spouted buy some far left freaks on this board?

If you don't see racism on the left then go look at the twitter of Stacey Dash.

Racism and Anti-Semitism is alive and well and neither is acceptable or should be tollerated in any shape or form. Racists are repugnant but to imply they only exist in one form or follow one party is naive in the extreme.

Joliet, Illinois

#771285 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical gun nut.
You must be one of those "typical idiots" who actually think that the government will protect them 24x7.

Newville, PA

#771286 Oct 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The unemployment rate was below 5% until March 2008 and 7.8% when Obama took office. It shot up to 10% by October of that year and hovered at over 9% until just very recently.
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
By the way, it stayed under 5% from June 2005 until February 2008. Ironically enough, Democrats took control of Congress in January 2008. Unemployment continued to steadily rise.
If only the majority of Democrats (and some Republicans) had agreed with Bush that Fannie and Freddie was a disaster waiting to happen before it was too late...
I have news, Bush was President until Jan 21st of 2009.

The Bush recession started in 4th quarter of 2007.

Quit blaming Bush's recession & its effects on Obama.

Please list the legislation the Democrats passed in 2007 that created this recession.

I keep asking & you right whiners keep not answering.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771287 Oct 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The U6 basically mirrors the Unemployment rate. It was 14% when Bush left office.
Bush's recession drove that rate to over 17%.
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNU03327709

It was only in the two digit range right for a few months after 9/11 and a few months before the crash.

It's not that Obama didn't inherit a crappy economy.

We all acknowledge that.

It was his priorities the first two years in office with a democrat-majority congress that prolonged the recovery.

In fact, it was his priority, Obamacare, that is causing a lot of the problems we're having.

His priorities and policies have failed the American people.

Joliet, Illinois

#771288 Oct 14, 2012
obama is a one timer wrote:
<quoted text>
We had an ambassador there without and embassy?
The ambassador was at the United States Consulate there.

It is also considered soverign United States territory.

Joliet, Illinois

#771289 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans agree that there are too many guns and we should get rid of them.
You are not qualified to speak for most Americans.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#771290 Oct 14, 2012
40% of Every Small-Business Dollar Goes to Pay for Federal Regs

Right now, I spend more than 40 cents of every dollar the company takes in on complying with regulations.

You heard that right: more than forty cents. When I first started using that figure, people would say,‘wait, you’re talking about taxes too, right’? Nope, that is just what we spend on regulations.

You don’t have to take my word for it. The Small Business Administration recently revealed that federal regulations cost small businesses $1.7 trillion per year.

And this is before most of ObamaCare takes effect.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-mal...

Newville, PA

#771291 Oct 14, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that no racist rhetoric has been spouted buy some far left freaks on this board?
If you don't see racism on the left then go look at the twitter of Stacey Dash.
Racism and Anti-Semitism is alive and well and neither is acceptable or should be tollerated in any shape or form. Racists are repugnant but to imply they only exist in one form or follow one party is naive in the extreme.
I don't read every post.

But hey, glad t see you are eager to find excuses for the right whiner racists f*cks that post here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#771292 Oct 14, 2012
Democrats Plan More Tax Hikes

Schumer Previews What He’d Do in a Second Obama Term

If re-elected, President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. will raise taxes on small business in order to sustain the ginormous federal government they have built. The White House duo have done nothing to avert “Taxmaggedon,” the massive tax hike scheduled to go into effect on Jan. 1. Worse, the administration’s congressional allies are preparing to push Mr. Obama even further should he win a second term.

The No. 3 Democrat in the Senate, Chuck Schumer, said Tuesday that he intends to eliminate tax deductions and credits without lowering the top two marginal tax rates. The New York Democrat thinks it’s more important that Uncle Sam pocket the extra cash that would be generated.

Read more: MILLER: Democrats plan more tax hikes - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min mdbuilder 49,305
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Learn to Read 182,030
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 3 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 11 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 hr KiMare 51,279
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:29PM