Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771230 Oct 14, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. When the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of American are taken away this country becomes a banana republic at the very least. Most probably it will become another communist nation that very day.
There will be a lot of dead Americans if the government ever tries it.
Most Americans agree that there are too many guns and we should get rid of them.
obama is a one timer

Oak Hill, WV

#771231 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans agree that there are too many guns and we should get rid of them.
You have sources to back that statement up?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771232 Oct 14, 2012
obama is a one timer wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want to see only unarmed citizens. Funny, Hitler wanted the same thing. Does obama want that also?
By 2016 possession of a firearm will be a FELONY! Because of that, gun crimes in America will drop substantially, like it has in England and other safe no-gun nations.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771233 Oct 14, 2012
obama is a one timer wrote:
<quoted text>
You have sources to back that statement up?
All of the national polls I've seen back that statement up.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#771234 Oct 14, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Hillary Clinton reveals what REALLY led to Benghazi massacre - and demolishes White House claim it was triggered by anti-Islam film
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22154...
Why are we still talking about Benghazi? That news is over a month old and no amount of discussion will change what happened. It's time to move on and get back to the business of getting our President re-elected.
Logic

United States

#771235 Oct 14, 2012
Don't get duped and screwed by Romney. Vote Obama.

Right Power!
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#771236 Oct 14, 2012
Logic wrote:
Don't get duped and screwed by Romney. Vote Obama.
Right Power!
Don't get duped and screwed by Obama. Vote Romney/Ryan.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#771237 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we still talking about Benghazi? That news is over a month old and no amount of discussion will change what happened. It's time to move on and get back to the business of getting our President re-elected.
You ask why???

Because it shows just how incompetent your Community Organizer-in-Chief is. How he's more concerned with his own fundraising for re-election than the safety of our diplomats serving in the Arab Spring Hellholes he helped create. It also showed us that the village idiot he picked for his vice president thinks the murder of 4 Americans by al-Qaeda is something to giggle about. And once again, he blames others for his incompetence.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771238 Oct 14, 2012
Early riser today (went to bed early last night).

Granted, I may have been a bit too harsh at times yesterday and unnecessarily overly persistent.

But the closer this election gets, the more determined I am to get this president removed from office in my little corner of the world.

The good news is that Romney is gaining in the polls and Obama is going to have to hit it out of the park in the next two debates to even have a chance of winning back enough support.

He still has no record to stand on and too many controversies surround his administration.

So even though I'm not letting down my guard, I realized Obama could very well beat himself without any help from me and, therefore, will chill out a bit more for the next 3 weeks.

(I also reported DEBIL and hope some others do too.)
carol

Orlando, FL

#771240 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The cover up by this administration after an act of war with four dead Americans including an ambassador makes Watergate look like a slap on the wrist.

The only reason Obama might be saved from the disgrace of resignation is because the election is only 3 weeks away. Even then, heads will probably roll.

This isn't going away just because you want it to. This was a major screw up by this administration and the coverup was even worse.
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#771241 Oct 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Industries are dropping people from full-time employment and firing employees like dead flies.
However, if you think this is the better alternative over providing incentives to put people back to work again, you go right ahead and vote for another four years of failure.
I'm going to vote my conscience. There's a better alternative.
Hey stupid! These people didn't need to lose their jobs. The company they worked for was making profits. But the profits weren't enough for the vultures at Bain who would rather pay Chinese workers a pittance than pay American workers a living wage.
By the way stupid unemployment claims have been dropping.
You have no conscience Carol; all you have is festering bigotry.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771242 Oct 14, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
I am listening to the debate again. Biden said that the federal government's most sacred obligation is to protect those that they put in harm's way. Why didn't they protect the 4 men in Libya?
One of the witnesses from the U.S. diplomatic corps in Libya in the Congressional hearing referred to State Department officials as "obstructionist as if they were Taliban terrorists".

Which isn't good.

Good morning, Obama is a joke.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771243 Oct 14, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid! These people didn't need to lose their jobs. The company they worked for was making profits. But the profits weren't enough for the vultures at Bain who would rather pay Chinese workers a pittance than pay American workers a living wage.
By the way stupid unemployment claims have been dropping.
You have no conscience Carol; all you have is festering bigotry.
These companies are trying to survive Obamacare and Obama's mandates.

A study found that 30% to 50% of employers who currently provide health insurance for their employees are likely to drop their coverage. Many will not be be able to keep their insurance even if they like it as Obama promised.

It is encouraging employers to drop coverage, perpetuate an already inequitable tax code and discourage work and upward mobility.

Employers are forced to comply with new health care coverage mandates on top of a host of new and costly regulations, all of which are expensive barriers that discourage entrepreneurship and job creation...while struggling to remain profitable.

But you will never get it. So I just wasted my time again.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771244 Oct 14, 2012
Seems weird being up and posting this early...

But I'm cool, calm and collected today.
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#771245 Oct 14, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
By 2016 possession of a firearm will be a FELONY! Because of that, gun crimes in America will drop substantially, like it has in England and other safe no-gun nations.
You know that's not true or even likely. Let's not give these right wingers even more stuff to be paranoid about.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771246 Oct 14, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask why???
Because it shows just how incompetent your Community Organizer-in-Chief is. How he's more concerned with his own fundraising for re-election than the safety of our diplomats serving in the Arab Spring Hellholes he helped create. It also showed us that the village idiot he picked for his vice president thinks the murder of 4 Americans by al-Qaeda is something to giggle about. And once again, he blames others for his incompetence.
Good morning, Grampy.

Obama has tried to convince us terrorism is on the decline. Calling this a terrorist attack on 9/11 wouldn't have made him look good.

Giuliani lambasted the president.“This was a ‘terrorist attack’. The president has hard time saying those words. He has a hard time saying those words because he lives in a fantasy world. The fantasy world he lives in is that Islamic extremist terrorism, even if it exists, shouldn’t be acknowledged. We pretend they’re not at war with us; we’re certainly not at war with them.”
carol

Orlando, FL

#771247 Oct 14, 2012
Dolphins are being trained for military purposes in the Ukraine.

There's also a military dolphin base in San Diego.

Poor dolphins.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771248 Oct 14, 2012
Don't have anything else to do, so guess I'll just post to myself....

The U-3 unemployment rate fell to 7.8% in September, but the Labor Department noted it was because of the number of persons being employed part time rising from 8.0 million in August to 8.6 million due to hours being cut back or unable to find a full-time job.

The U-6 unemployment rate includes part-time workers who want full-time work and discouraged workers who’ve given up looking. That stayed unchanged at 14.7%.

Which is the true state of the American labor market.

(Maybe it's just a little too early for all of this and I should come back later?)
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#771249 Oct 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
These companies are trying to survive Obamacare and Obama's mandates.
A study found that 30% to 50% of employers who currently provide health insurance for their employees are likely to drop their coverage. Many will not be be able to keep their insurance even if they like it as Obama promised.
It is encouraging employers to drop coverage, perpetuate an already inequitable tax code and discourage work and upward mobility.
Employers are forced to comply with new health care coverage mandates on top of a host of new and costly regulations, all of which are expensive barriers that discourage entrepreneurship and job creation...while struggling to remain profitable.
But you will never get it. So I just wasted my time again.
What study Carol? The one done by Frank Luntz who was censured by the National Council on Public Polls? The fact is that Massachusetts has had the same program since Romney signed it into law and it has had no effect on business at all. Massachusetts has a lower unemployment rate than the national average and 98% of the population is covered by health insurance.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickallen/20...
Shipping the Sensata plant to China has nothing to do with Obamacare stupid, it has everything to do with the unbridled greed of corporate vultures like Bain. Here's another little tidbit about this whole sordid affair; when employees were forced to train the Chinese workers who would replace them the company took down the American flag in front of the plant.
Inequitable tax code nitwit? The tax code hasn't changed since the Bush administration. Yes it is inequitable because these pirates that put American workers out of a job pay less than half the tax rate those employees were paying.
You're wasting your time because like all your posts you're depending on right wing talking points and ignoring facts.
carol

Orlando, FL

#771250 Oct 14, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy even though I disagree with it. Be that as it may, you again assert without evidence that we would have “nothing to lose” by electing Romney. We already have evidence to the contrary in the form of the damage he has done with his attempts at foreign affairs. Furthermore, he could do a lot of harm is his unspecified budget turns out to have no specifics or specifics that just don’t “add up.”
Once again, I a respect your zeal, but can only comment on the form of your presentation. Logic please.
With all due respect, you have to have a certain degree of logic to see where we are headed and what is right in front of you.

Romney's "damage to foreign affairs" is a liberal talking point. No damage has been done whatsoever - except, perhaps, radicals in the Middle East might be a little more shaken up. Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 3 min barefoot2626 25
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,910
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,895
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min mdbuilder 49,253
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 50 min Rick Moss 71,135
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr Star Thugs Lose 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News