Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
715,261 - 715,280 of 1,078,891 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770816
Oct 13, 2012
 
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that Obama had a rational debate?
Honestly, no. However, I expect him to be quite different in the next ones. I would be willing to share my opinion of what his motive was.
joe smith

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770817
Oct 13, 2012
 
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
... named well ... Loki the Liar. LOL What a crock of shit!
" was stunned after I learned these uncomfortable truths. I had naively believed that when church leaders transgressed, they followed the required steps of repentance, as taught to members and investigators. I believed they had the courage to face their mistakes and confess their shortcomings, no matter what the consequences; to live the same standards they set for the members. I believed they were completely honest.

D. Michael Quinn called the use of deception by LDS church leaders, "theocratic ethics." (The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, page 112) Smith lied to protect himself or the church; which was an extension of himself. Dan Vogel in his excellent work, Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet, described Smith's viewpoint; he was a pious deceiver. Smith used deception if in his mind; it resulted in a good outcome. Smith had Moroni, an ancient American prophet and custodian of the gold plates declare, "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me.( Moroni 4:11-12). Translation: if deception was necessary to do good, or bring a soul to Christ, then it was worth it, as long as God approves. Smith believed he knew when God approved of lying.

Smith believed God also approved of murder if it was for a good cause. He wrote in the Book of Mormon that Nephi was inspired by God (1 Nephi 4:6) to deceive and capture a servant; and then murder another man in order to secure an ancient historical record on brass plates. And in Missouri, Smith and his counselor Sidney Rigdon threatened to kill Mormon's who disagreed with Smith's policies and initiatives (Quinn, The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, Chapter 3, "Theocratic Beginnings," 79-103).

Smith re-wrote scripture to demonstrate that God had ordered the prophet Abraham to lie to protect himself and his wife Sarah from harm (Abraham 2:23-25)."
waxman

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770818
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>racist because i don't support Israel and her holocaust upon Palestinians ??
I see how it is with you people .
The likes of you are calling blacks all types of names yet you are not racists ,the only racist are the people who are pro America first not israel ..
Don't worry , we know who you are and what you all about ..
Europe freed themselves from the likes of you .
The thread bigot speaks again.
Watchful Eye

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770819
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Ok back to the thread title. ObaMao the next President? Not anymore. One Socialistic Islamic ididot a century and a 4 term limit please! America has had enough. If his followers chimpout about his defeat so be it. Better now than later!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770820
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another impersonator with a potty mouth who hides behind an anonymous ISP because of misbehaving.
http://lifehacker.com/5923017/how-can-i-preve...
That was actually me. I'm the one from orlando.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770821
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

It's so sad to see such a divided nation because if it continues another four years, the nation will simply fall. A divided nation cannot stand which is why I am so against talk Radio and TV talking heads. Most are very right wing Republican that do not make most Republicans look good and then there is CNBC total left wing nuts which doesn't make Democrats look good but the problem is the propaganda is bought by the ignorant or uniformed and thus; a divided nation. Guess who is behind that? Russia. The USSR said they would do it from within just as they are in fact doing it and people forget history and all sense goes out the window.

We have some radicals on both sides but more on the right wing at this point in history who will literally try to demonize the other side as if somehow that side doesn't want the best for the States. To even think that way is not logical so I'd advise people to see logical vs. nonsense on News or Radio. Just turn those stations off. CNN is mainstream which is what majority of Americans are. It is not biased so if you must watch news, do it there. Drudgereport is in a panic and the lies and the insane news articles are huge now. That is not real news. Matt Drudge who happens to be a gay Republican and yes, he is in fact gay and nothing wrong with that but he made his money siding with that party against Clinton and has an image to keep yet the Electoral College is NEVER going to deny Obama a second term. It will just not happen no matter votes.

Obama can lose the next two debates and so on and cannot lose and he knows it. I'm not sure Romney realizes it or not. I would think he does and his goal is to prevent a landslide and try to grab the popular votes since he cannot win the Electoral College and has lost Ohio. 67% of pre voting exit polls are pro-Obama. Obama will win Ohio by about 52% which is a small margin but a win. He will not get 67% total votes.

The next post, I will tell you two possible ways Obama wins and I will stick with one or the other and YOU hold me to those on Election Day. If I am wrong, I will be here and admit it and you can rate my post when I show up total idiot but if I am right, I expect you to rate that post well so be fair about things. If I am wrong, I will post that I'm holding my head down in shame. I make that promise to show up here and do that. I will also say I was an idiot in 2012 politics. If I am right, I will try to go back and explain why and predict the next election results.

Next post will be the two ways Obama will win so either way will make me right Election Day. After all, he either wins or loses or is in a tie.

I really have no biases on this which no one here will believe but that is the truth. I am not voting for Obama. I'm not even a Democrat.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770822
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

loki wrote:
<quoted text>Like these doctors: MIAMI -- Federal authorities charged 107 doctors, nurses and social workers in seven cities with Medicare fraud Wednesday in a nationwide crackdown on unrelated scams that allegedly billed the taxpayer-funded program of $452 million the highest dollar amount in a single Medicare bust in U.S. history.
It was the latest in a string of major arrests in the past two years as authorities have targeted fraud that's believed to cost the government between $60 billion and $90 billion each year. Stopping Medicare's budget from hemorrhaging that money will be key to paying for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul."
We need Medicare reform. Romney is the only candidate who knows this and has a plan to sustain it for generations to come.

Obama likes the status quo - which won't be the status quo much longer.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770823
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Dipso, I see she prefaced the list with the words "among those" ... didn't that fit your agenda? Go count housing units in your trailer park or whatever the hell you do for fun. So what if Romney supports his church - do you support yours? Do you have one? It's his money - he earned it. Jealous?
Thank you. I purposely added "among these" so people like Realtime wouldn't make an ass of himself. Didn't work.

If I had posted Romney's additional donations to his church and his university (among others), the liberals would have missed all the good stuff.

They have selective reading skills. I knew this and carefully selected the ones they couldn't squawk about.

They squawk anyway about the ones intentionally left out and completely ignore the charities for children.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770824
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

loki wrote:
<quoted text>"It's a Mormon thing. It's called Lying for the Lord. And it's a tenet of the Mormon faith that, Mormons think, gives them to the right to tell you a bald-faced lie, so long as it's a lie that somehow furthers the Mormon cause.
What else to call the Mormon's laughable statement today that their posthumous baptism last year of President Obama's mother was a "rare" mistake that might have been done by "pranksters."
Yes, we're to believe that the Mormons, just by coincidence, forcibly converted a presidential candidate's deceased mother, 13 years after her death, and only months before the presidential election. And we're also to believe no warning bells went off at Mormon Central when they saw that the woman's husband, whose name is clearly listed on her "baptismal record," is "Barack Hussein Obama." (Obama's father has the same name.) Yes, all one big unfortunate "rare" mistake. Kind of like a clerical error. Except instead of giving you the wrong change, they just stole your mother's soul."
Correct and lying for the lord puts Mormons in the same league with those pesky Muslims__not to mention "certain" right wing topix posters.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770825
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We need Medicare reform. Romney is the only candidate who knows this and has a plan to sustain it for generations to come.
Obama likes the status quo - which won't be the status quo much longer.
I realize no one else has EVER asked, but please, Romney.....show us your plan! You keep talking about "The Plan," but have never shown anything. Outline, Schmoutline. Show us what you've got! It's the Election, right now. Show us what you have. The American people don't do well with surprises. We'd rather not wait until after the Election to find out the big surprise.

My guess is you have no idea, and you're waiting for your supporters to call your bluff just like the Democrats already have.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770826
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BlondePrince wrote:
It's so sad to see such a divided nation because if it continues another four years, the nation will simply fall. A divided nation cannot stand which is why I am so against talk Radio and TV talking heads. Most are very right wing Republican that do not make most Republicans look good and then there is CNBC total left wing nuts which doesn't make Democrats look good but the problem is the propaganda is bought by the ignorant or uniformed and thus; a divided nation. Guess who is behind that? Russia. The USSR said they would do it from within just as they are in fact doing it and people forget history and all sense goes out the window.
We have some radicals on both sides but more on the right wing at this point in history who will literally try to demonize the other side as if somehow that side doesn't want the best for the States. To even think that way is not logical so I'd advise people to see logical vs. nonsense on News or Radio. Just turn those stations off. CNN is mainstream which is what majority of Americans are. It is not biased so if you must watch news, do it there. Drudgereport is in a panic and the lies and the insane news articles are huge now. That is not real news. Matt Drudge who happens to be a gay Republican and yes, he is in fact gay and nothing wrong with that but he made his money siding with that party against Clinton and has an image to keep yet the Electoral College is NEVER going to deny Obama a second term. It will just not happen no matter votes.
Obama can lose the next two debates and so on and cannot lose and he knows it. I'm not sure Romney realizes it or not. I would think he does and his goal is to prevent a landslide and try to grab the popular votes since he cannot win the Electoral College and has lost Ohio. 67% of pre voting exit polls are pro-Obama. Obama will win Ohio by about 52% which is a small margin but a win. He will not get 67% total votes.
The next post, I will tell you two possible ways Obama wins and I will stick with one or the other and YOU hold me to those on Election Day. If I am wrong, I will be here and admit it and you can rate my post when I show up total idiot but if I am right, I expect you to rate that post well so be fair about things. If I am wrong, I will post that I'm holding my head down in shame. I make that promise to show up here and do that. I will also say I was an idiot in 2012 politics. If I am right, I will try to go back and explain why and predict the next election results.
Next post will be the two ways Obama will win so either way will make me right Election Day. After all, he either wins or loses or is in a tie.
I really have no biases on this which no one here will believe but that is the truth. I am not voting for Obama. I'm not even a Democrat.
Your avatar says it all "Blond Prince". Put a shirt on if you want to be taken seriously.

You look like the poster child of "the easily fooled" to me.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770827
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize no one else has EVER asked, but please, Romney.....show us your plan! You keep talking about "The Plan," but have never shown anything. Outline, Schmoutline. Show us what you've got! It's the Election, right now. Show us what you have. The American people don't do well with surprises. We'd rather not wait until after the Election to find out the big surprise.
My guess is you have no idea, and you're waiting for your supporters to call your bluff just like the Democrats already have.
Romney laid out his plan quite clearly during the first presidential debate and Ryan reiterated it in the VP debate.

He has a website as well you know. Try looking at that.

What is Obama's plan again?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770828
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar says it all "Blond Prince". Put a shirt on if you want to be taken seriously.
You look like the poster child of "the easily fooled" to me.
Small minded.. Sounds like an interesting proposal, Carol. Rather than criticize, you should open your mind and listen.

Oh, but wait. That's not what Romney wants you to do. Sorry. You're one of them, those who can't think for themselves. Sucks to be you!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770829
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

joe smith wrote:
<quoted text>" was stunned after I learned these uncomfortable truths. I had naively believed that when church leaders transgressed, they followed the required steps of repentance, as taught to members and investigators. I believed they had the courage to face their mistakes and confess their shortcomings, no matter what the consequences; to live the same standards they set for the members. I believed they were completely honest.
D. Michael Quinn called the use of deception by LDS church leaders, "theocratic ethics." (The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, page 112) Smith lied to protect himself or the church; which was an extension of himself. Dan Vogel in his excellent work, Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet, described Smith's viewpoint; he was a pious deceiver. Smith used deception if in his mind; it resulted in a good outcome. Smith had Moroni, an ancient American prophet and custodian of the gold plates declare, "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me.( Moroni 4:11-12). Translation: if deception was necessary to do good, or bring a soul to Christ, then it was worth it, as long as God approves. Smith believed he knew when God approved of lying.
Smith believed God also approved of murder if it was for a good cause. He wrote in the Book of Mormon that Nephi was inspired by God (1 Nephi 4:6) to deceive and capture a servant; and then murder another man in order to secure an ancient historical record on brass plates. And in Missouri, Smith and his counselor Sidney Rigdon threatened to kill Mormon's who disagreed with Smith's policies and initiatives (Quinn, The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, Chapter 3, "Theocratic Beginnings," 79-103).
Smith re-wrote scripture to demonstrate that God had ordered the prophet Abraham to lie to protect himself and his wife Sarah from harm (Abraham 2:23-25)."
Modern-day Mormons do not believe much of Smith's century-old writings.

A lot of us don't get the Mormon religion. But I don't get a lot about the Catholic religion either.

Guess what people choose to believe is none of our business.

However, there are a lot of good-hearted and good-natured people in both the Mormon and Catholic religions.

Isn't that what matters?
carol

Limassol, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770830
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

1

I dim the lights in the living room, put on a little... Sinatra, and unhook my lacy pink bra. Unfortunately my tits hit the ground, killing the cat instantly.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770831
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I'll sure be glad when the smart judge-its come back on Monday.

I like happy icons.
loki

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770832
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney laid out his plan quite clearly during the first presidential debate and Ryan reiterated it in the VP debate.
He has a website as well you know. Try looking at that.
What is Obama's plan again?
Romney has promised a 20% across-the-board rate cut. The part of this cut that affects people making over $200,000 per year would reduce tax revenues by about $251 billion per year.
But wait! What about the economic growth this will unleash? That's mostly mythical, but let's bend over backwards here. If you incorporate the growth estimate of one of Romney's advisors, Greg Mankiw, Romney's rate cuts for the wealthy would only cost about $215 billion per year.
Next, try to pick out a set of deductions and loopholes that can be closed to make up for this revenue loss.
But wait! Romney hasn't said exactly which deductions he would target. So it's not fair to pick and choose specific deductions. Fine. Instead, let's assume that Romney completely eliminates every single deduction for high earners. All of them. It turns out this would make up $165 billion per year.
So even under the best possible assumptions, Romney's plan would cut taxes on the rich by $50 billion per year.
But Romney says he won't cut taxes on the rich.

This is the point at which, on Star Trek, smoke starts coming out of the computer and it implodes because it was forced to consider a logical impossibility. Here in the real world, it's the point at which conservatives desperately start trying to invent clever excuses. Martin Feldstein gave it a shot, but it turned out that he calculated wrong: Romney's plan can't work under Romney's conditions. It can only work if you eliminate deductions all the way down to people earning $100,000. Harvey Rosen gave it a shot, but succeeded only by assuming wildly implausible growth estimates. Charles Dubay gave it a shot, but miscalculated a provision of the estate tax. Matt Jensen gave it a shot, but made things work only by assuming that Romney might eliminate the interest exclusion on life insurance savings and state bonds. This is pretty unlikely, though, since a centerpiece of Romney's plan is to cut taxes on investment income, not raise them.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770833
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

This is my official post for Election Day and I will be here that night to post no matter results. If I am wrong, I will make zero excuses for it. I believe in taking personal responsibility!

Here are two ways Election can turn out per Electoral College and popular vote I am not going to predict:

Romney has the chance if he makes no mistakes at all until Election Day, performs well in both debates and nothing from his past comes out before the Election could win SWING STATE; FL, NC, VA, NH, IA, MO & CO. Those are a lot of States with some big number in some. He is locked in a sure win of other States so I did not mention them while Obama is locked in other State. Example; Romney will win TX & GA and Obama NY & Cali. No brainer there but what if Romney wins all those swing State I put up there from doing perfection from now until Election Day? He comes out with 267 of the 270 needed to win and Obama wins! Obama would win with 271, the number Bush won with.

The other possible chance is Romney loses one or two debates and or slips up on something one day or team Obama releases something dark from Romney's past on Thursday before election which I tend to think they might do since they are far too quiet like when a kid gets quiet something is up.

If any of those things happen, Obama will win; FL, VA, IA AND even if he lost WI, NH, NC & CO would have an electoral landslide over 300 votes! Obama wins WI, CO too he has then a massive landslide with almost 330 votes and if by chance he got NH and NC he would be at close to 350.

I doubt Obama wins close to 350 so I am going with 271 or higher and standing by it with zero chance Romney can win the Electoral College but as for popular vote, I'm not so sure about that. That's highly complex to know in advance and if Obama won by 271 he could lose the popular vote at the same time. If he is up over 280 then he has won the popular vote too and if near or above 300 then he won it well.

Save this post and come back to congratulate me or tell me how wrong I was in the days to come in my prediction. If I end up correct, I will make a prediction for 2016. If I am wrong, I will not make a prediction. I will admit right here if I was wrong and talk about it without any excuses! If I'm right, I hope you will be non biased and rate this post high. I will be here for sure either way things go.

I do know constitutional law so I must disclose that but I am not voting for Obama and I am not a Democrat or Republican. I'm not voting for Romney either. My life will not be affected no matter who wins so I have no motives other than to see if I was right or wrong which is going out on a limb.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770834
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

carol wrote:
I dim the lights in the living room, put on a little... Sinatra, and unhook my lacy pink bra. Unfortunately my tits hit the ground, killing the cat instantly.
Well, that's a bit of a stretch...

(boobs hitting the ground...a bit of a stretch?)

Get it?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770835
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BlondePrince wrote:
This is my official post for Election Day and I will be here that night to post no matter results. If I am wrong, I will make zero excuses for it. I believe in taking personal responsibility!
Here are two ways Election can turn out per Electoral College and popular vote I am not going to predict:
Romney has the chance if he makes no mistakes at all until Election Day, performs well in both debates and nothing from his past comes out before the Election could win SWING STATE; FL, NC, VA, NH, IA, MO & CO. Those are a lot of States with some big number in some. He is locked in a sure win of other States so I did not mention them while Obama is locked in other State. Example; Romney will win TX & GA and Obama NY & Cali. No brainer there but what if Romney wins all those swing State I put up there from doing perfection from now until Election Day? He comes out with 267 of the 270 needed to win and Obama wins! Obama would win with 271, the number Bush won with.
The other possible chance is Romney loses one or two debates and or slips up on something one day or team Obama releases something dark from Romney's past on Thursday before election which I tend to think they might do since they are far too quiet like when a kid gets quiet something is up.
If any of those things happen, Obama will win; FL, VA, IA AND even if he lost WI, NH, NC & CO would have an electoral landslide over 300 votes! Obama wins WI, CO too he has then a massive landslide with almost 330 votes and if by chance he got NH and NC he would be at close to 350.
I doubt Obama wins close to 350 so I am going with 271 or higher and standing by it with zero chance Romney can win the Electoral College but as for popular vote, I'm not so sure about that. That's highly complex to know in advance and if Obama won by 271 he could lose the popular vote at the same time. If he is up over 280 then he has won the popular vote too and if near or above 300 then he won it well.
Save this post and come back to congratulate me or tell me how wrong I was in the days to come in my prediction. If I end up correct, I will make a prediction for 2016. If I am wrong, I will not make a prediction. I will admit right here if I was wrong and talk about it without any excuses! If I'm right, I hope you will be non biased and rate this post high. I will be here for sure either way things go.
I do know constitutional law so I must disclose that but I am not voting for Obama and I am not a Democrat or Republican. I'm not voting for Romney either. My life will not be affected no matter who wins so I have no motives other than to see if I was right or wrong which is going out on a limb.
You should probably stop wasting time cutting and pasting and go put your makeup on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,501
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 16 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••