Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 35,759)

Showing posts 715,161 - 715,180 of1,072,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is formal logic. Formulas have specific values.
I respect that you prefer Romney to Obama, but not with your unsupported arguments in support of your preference. Citing corporations and people who share your preference also adds no weight to your preference.
Think of this election as having an old run-down car that keeps breaking down everytime you turn around and a newer model which hasn't been tested yet but is a much better bet on what you have now.

You have nothing to lose by choosing the other car and the possibility it will run better or having no transportation if you keep the one you have.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Obama couldn't even help the people in the slums in his district for 8 years - and one of them was owned by Valerie Jarrett, the power behind the throne.

He cares nothing about the poor. He only cares about having the power to have control over them.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

In a Survey USA/Denver Post poll, Romney leads Obama by one point, 48%-47%.

According to the poll, the Colorado voters who changed their minds the most after the Denver debate were college-educated voters. The Post notes that Obama led among college-educated voters by five points before the debate and Romney leads by five points after the debate.
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
On 14th street? It's obviously been a few decades since you've turned any tricks in DC?
Must be hard for you after all these years, huh? Well, you know what they say. If you fall off the donkey, you have to get right back on. Why didn't ya? What happend? Did the women run dry, or did you run out of Obama Care money?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
The post she is talking about was directed at her. She's whipping around like an out of control fire hose. Accused me of being a liar when she was completely on a different page and didn't know it. I said her head was up her ass. Which it is.
I'm posting factual information from credible sources reporting very disturbing information if Obama is reelected and Obamacare is guaranteed.

As far as whipping around like a hose out of control, you should be whipping yourself with a hose - uncontrollably.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this election as having an old run-down car that keeps breaking down everytime you turn around and a newer model which hasn't been tested yet but is a much better bet on what you have now.
You have nothing to lose by choosing the other car and the possibility it will run better or having no transportation if you keep the one you have.
... and if it doesn't work out, you can always trade it in for another. But you're right: The Edsel looked like a good experiment, but it failed time and time again. No sense keeping it ... just exhibit it in a museum for old times' sake.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Do you think libs would agree with Romney about cutting PBS if they knew Chik-Fil-A runs sponsorship ads on the network?

What to do?
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

LOL wrote:
Well, it's been alost 20 minutes since "dem" (small "d" intended) has responded. Looks like the garbage has been successfully jettisoned. LOL
... now to put a strait jacket on the silly bastard called "Fire the GOP" ...
LOL I am glad you are on my side.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather walk than vote for rich azzholes who want to take your Medicare, carol.
You shouldn't be worried about my Medicare. You should be worried about yours. It ain't gonna be there anymore if Obama gets his way. At least 30 million more people are going to be waiting ahead of you in ERs and clinics and that's not even including the thousands who are going to be dropped from their employers' plans behind you.

The health care system is going to collapse, doctors are going to refuse to take Medicare patients (they doing that now in alarming numbers) and somebody is going to have to pay for all of this when more and more industries pack up and leave.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep adjusting those blinders. Foster is the head of Medicare and Medicaid spending in the Obama administration.
This article just proved the other sources (AP and WSJ) were correct. The author of your article wrote:
"Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely. But some hospitals PROBABLY SHOULD become unprofitable."
...PROBABLY SHOULD become profitable????
And you keep your's on nice and tight. This way you can keep seeing with that tunnel vision you suffer from. He also said...

Which leads us to the real problem with conservatives making this argument. Let’s suppose Foster is right that 15 percent of providers will start losing money and that, as a result, seniors will have more trouble getting care. The same thing would happen under the conservative plans, because they cut just as much money, if not more, from Medicare.

Keep in mind that the hospital industry endorsed the Affordable Care Act. If it had thought the cuts were too steep, rest assured, it would have howled.

To be clear, Foster could be right that hospitals will struggle. But would 15 percent of hospitals losing money be a disaster? In most industries, it wouldn’t be.(If there’s a line of business where 85 percent of companies break even or make a profit, year after year, please let me know. I’d like to invest.)

Health care isn’t just any other business and Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely.

But some hospitals probably should become unprofitable, because they offer redundant services that drive up the cost of care. And conservatives should know this as well as anybody, because their entire theory of Medicare reform is that cutthroat competition among providers will produce a more efficient health care system. In cutthroat competition, there are always losers.

Keep in mind that the hospital industry endorsed the Affordable Care Act. If it had thought the cuts were too steep, rest assured, it would have howled.
To be clear, Foster could be right that hospitals will struggle. But would 15 percent of hospitals losing money be a disaster? In most industries, it wouldn’t be.(If there’s a line of business where 85 percent of companies break even or make a profit, year after year, please let me know. I’d like to invest.)
Health care isn’t just any other business and Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely. But some hospitals probably should become unprofitable, because they offer redundant services that drive up the cost of care. And conservatives should know this as well as anybody, because their entire theory of Medicare reform is that cutthroat competition among providers will produce a more efficient health care system. In cutthroat competition, there are always losers.
Which leads us to the real problem with conservatives making this argument. Let’s suppose Foster is right that 15 percent of providers will start losing money and that, as a result, seniors will have more trouble getting care. The same thing would happen under the conservative plans, because they cut just as much money, if not more, from Medicare.
Len Nichols, a well-known health economist and director for George Mason University’s Center for Health Policy Research and Ethics:
http://chhs.gmu.edu/faculty-and-staff/nichols ...
Rick Foster’s non-partisan analysis was that 15% of hospitals could not withstand the spending reduction targets of the ACA as they go into effect in 2018 and beyond. It then follows, as the night the day, that they, and probably more hospitals, could not withstand the significantly tighter expenditure controls of the Ryan Budget.
http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106299/medicare ...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Uh oh, Biden's comment in debate that no more M1 tanks are needed not playing well in Ohio. These are made only in Ohio

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm posting factual information from credible sources reporting very disturbing information if Obama is reelected and Obamacare is guaranteed.
As far as whipping around like a hose out of control, you should be whipping yourself with a hose - uncontrollably.
Uh, Carol...I was referring to "And so it goes". Not you. Shit,you people really are batshit crazy. Lol.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
Do you think libs would agree with Romney about cutting PBS if they knew Chik-Fil-A runs sponsorship ads on the network?
What to do?
I heard that Chik-Fil-A will use only capons in their selections so as to keep the LGBT group happy. LOL
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
On 14th street? It's obviously been a few decades since you've turned any tricks in DC?
flagged forgery.TOS.....never learn uh??
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

And so it goes wrote:
What to do?
I guess iza be goin get me some friend chicken wings from KFC insteed

Don't worry. If they want to sell their chicken, PBS isn't the only place they can place an add. If you are as good as that place is, you don't have to be on tv anyway. Word of mouth goes farther.
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol carol carol..........

If Mitt Romney ever gave someone a nickel,

he and Lyin Ryan would spend $10 million dollars telling everyone about it!

Mitt Romney has been worth hundred of millions of dollars for a long time!

He is part of the super rich!

What has he done?

We know he owns 7 or 8 luxury mansions.

Cayman accounts? And Switzerland?

Mormon church: Mitt Romney gave them millions.
Mormon church: owns $100 billion in businesses?
It has been reported?
Mormon church: does no charity of merit?
It has been reported?

Mitt Romney: I need a car elevator!

Mitt Romney charity?

Bubbbbbkisssssss!

carol <----- liar and loser! Follows Republican party line.

(thanks for re posting my best o the day!)
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you lose big time. You are so full of shit if you're eyes aren't brown already, they are now.
How do you know how much Romney has given to private individuals who were struggling or donated to these hospitals?
How many people has Obama helped out or donated to hospitals or gave anything out of his own pocket to benefit others?
He couldn't even help the people in the slums in his district for 8 years - one of them was owned by his own Valerie Jarrett, the power behind the throne.
He cares nothing about the poor. He only cares about them giving him the power to control them.
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Shit, I mean fried chicken. LMAO
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

And so it goes wrote:
Uh oh, Biden's comment in debate that no more M1 tanks are needed not playing well in Ohio. These are made only in Ohio
A couple of M1s will be useful in dislodging the O's from the White House when the Mau Mau surround the place after he loses. LOL
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Razors Edge wrote:
That's funny, that's all you do 24/7 is blooogie... bloogie... bloogie.. bup bu-boggie..
flagged forgery ..TOS...never learn Uh??
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

it is dems fault LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 715,161 - 715,180 of1,072,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000