Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770729 Oct 13, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/UHSrbQ
Paul Ryan only told 24 lies in 40 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/SVFVUj
"Stuffs getting better"
Really? Think Progress is your source?
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770730 Oct 13, 2012
When I was young and in my prime
I used to have a white behind
Now I'm old and nearly dead
I remember what my Mama said

Jimmy's crack's shorn and I don't care
I'll bang it anyway
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#770731 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this election as having an old run-down car that keeps breaking down everytime you turn around and a newer model which hasn't been tested yet but is a much better bet on what you have now.
You have nothing to lose by choosing the other car and the possibility it will run better or having no transportation if you keep the one you have.
I understand your analogy even though I disagree with it. Be that as it may, you again assert without evidence that we would have “nothing to lose” by electing Romney. We already have evidence to the contrary in the form of the damage he has done with his attempts at foreign affairs. Furthermore, he could do a lot of harm is his unspecified budget turns out to have no specifics or specifics that just don’t “add up.”

Once again, I a respect your zeal, but can only comment on the form of your presentation. Logic please.
carol

Miami, FL

#770732 Oct 13, 2012
(translation) I'm going to go and see if Pastor Bob can fix this damn vibrator!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770733 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what Fluke is doing.
According to Washington Post she is taking lessons on tweeting. "[Fluke] practices her sound bites on Twitter, sharpening arguments down to 140 characters."
WOW
Not Fluke ... Flack. He's our resident gloom and doom expert. Fluke might be dangerous around methane because of friction - she has heavy thighs.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770734 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:

REP. RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements.
Your opinion piece was so over the top it belongs on Onion.

This point about bipartisanship was brought to the forefront at the VP Debate. Everyone saw clearly who was problem. An arrogant admin who refuses to hear any ideas different from their own.
carol

Miami, FL

#770735 Oct 13, 2012
Meanwhile I'm going to step outside and see if the poolboy is working next door...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#770736 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
More good news for the easily fooled:
Richard Foster, chief actuary for Medicare, warned Congress that seniors will have difficulty finding doctors and institutions to accept Medicare. Doctors who do accept Medicare will not want to spend time doing procedures such as hip replacements when the pay is so low. Yet the law bars them from providing the care you want for an extra fee. You’re trapped.
Foster also warned that within a decade, 40 percent of health-care institutions could be forced to operate at a loss. New York hospitals are bracing for the hit.
When hospitals run in the red, they can employ fewer nurses and buy less diagnostic equipment.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
I mean...seriously...some of you need to wake the hell up.
My husband has sisters that live in Hawai'i-on Maui. If you have a heart attack there you will not be treated there. It is a 45 minute ride by Helicopter to get to the next island. So talk about trapped. The other problem is many of the hospitals and medical centers through out Hawai'i went bankrupt,-there was a reason why O'bama and his O'bamacare givers did not hold up Hawai'i as a case study of commie health care was going to be like.

PATIENT ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE IN HAWAII GROWS WORSE EVERY YEAR
Limited access to care has resulted in loss of life and limb. Delays in diagnoses may result in more serious illnesses. Delays in treatment may result in complications and extended recovery times. All of which frequently result in increased and unreimbursed medical expenses.
DOCTORS ARE LEAVING HAWAII AT AN ALARMING RATE
There are few replacements for the many doctors who are leaving Hawaii due to escalating costs of malpractice insurance, low reimbursements and the rising rate of malpractice suits judged to be ‘without merit’.
As the number of doctors decreases, physician workloads increase drastically for those remaining. Patient consequences can be extended wait times for appointments and treatments. Physician consequences can be social, psychological and physical overload; reduced time with family, increased stress.

http://www.saveourdoctorshawaii.org/healthcar...

Of course Hawai'i elected a communist, Abercrombie. Things will only go down from here.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770737 Oct 13, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy even though I disagree with it. Be that as it may, you again assert without evidence that we would have “nothing to lose” by electing Romney. We already have evidence to the contrary in the form of the damage he has done with his attempts at foreign affairs. Furthermore, he could do a lot of harm is his unspecified budget turns out to have no specifics or specifics that just don’t “add up.”
Once again, I a respect your zeal, but can only comment on the form of your presentation. Logic please.
Why you boldly deny the damage Obama has done to our foreign relations. Strange?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770739 Oct 13, 2012
A number of individuals and publicationns spoke out against the Romney-Ryan tax cut plan yesterday following Paul Ryan’s inability to provide details during the vice presidential debate, and among them was Moody’s Chief Economist Mark Zandi.

ZANDI: Yeah, I think the Tax Policy Center study is the definitive study. They’re non-partisan, they’re very good. They say given the numbers that they’ve been provided by the Romney campaign, no, it will not add up. Now, the Romney campaign could adjust their plan. They could say okay I’m not going to lower tax rates as much as I’m saying right now and they could make the arithmetic work. But under the current plan, with the current numbers, no it doesn’t. I’ll say one other thing, though. I think it is important that we do focus on the so-called tax expenditures in the tax code. Those are the deductions, and credits, and loopholes in the code. We need to reduce those, because if we do we’re going to make the tax system fairer, easier to understand and ultimately lead to stronger growth. So that’s the right place to focus. But, no, the arithmetic doesn’t work as it is right now.

The Romney campaign claims the Tax Policy Center is part of the liberal gestapo aimed at casting shade on his Tax Cut Magic plan, but that simply isn’t the case. And they’re not the only ones who have studied the issue and found that Romney’s math simply does not — and cannot — add up without hurting a lot of people.

The Joint Committee on Taxation released their report on the matter yesterday and found that eliminating all itemized deductions in the tax code would only pay for a 4 percent tax cut, far from Romney’s promised 20 percent tax cut.

Repealing all itemized deductions in the U.S. tax code would pay for only a 4 percent cut in income tax rates, according to an estimate from the nonpartisan scorekeeper for Congress that casts doubt on Republicans’ ability to finance lower income-tax rates with base broadening.

The analysis by the Joint Committee on Taxation shows the arithmetical difficulty of an approach that assumes long-favored tax breaks such as deductions for mortgage interest and charitable contributions could be repealed instantly and completely. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney proposes a 20 percent income-tax cut and says he would pay for it by limiting tax deductions, credits and exemptions.

www.­taxpolicycenter.­org/­tax topics/­Analyzing-­GOP-­Tax-­P lans.­cfm

The only way to make the math work would be to adjust their plan, as Mark Zandi pointed out, and the only way to pay for a 20 percent tax cut would be to cut deep into tax credits that overwhelmingly aide working families and the middle class.

“The Arithmetic Doesn’t Work”
carol

Miami, FL

#770740 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Think Progress is your source?
Well, you know, Bob, Kurt Vonnegut wasn't exactly a well known conservative
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770741 Oct 13, 2012
Sorry should read "While you boldly deny the damage Obama has done to our foreign relations. Strange?
carol

Miami, FL

#770742 Oct 13, 2012
This is exactly why we need a photo ID when someone logs onto the internet to vote.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#770743 Oct 13, 2012
Political positions of Ron Paul

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The political positions of Ron Paul (R-TX), United States presidential candidate in 1988, 2008, and 2012, have been labeled conservative,[1] Constitutionalist,[2] and libertarian.[3] Paul's nickname "Dr. No"[4] reflects both his medical degree and his assertion that he will "never vote for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution".[5] This position has frequently resulted in Paul casting the sole "no" vote against proposed legislation. The central tenet of Paul's political philosophy is that "the proper role for government in America is to provide national defense, a court system for civil disputes, a criminal justice system for acts of force and fraud, and little else."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_posit...
carol

Miami, FL

#770744 Oct 13, 2012
Oh my goodness my vagina hurts.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770745 Oct 13, 2012
Reporters on Twitter is asking Stewart if he will please ask the POTUS the questions they have been waiting to ask for 6 months. No joke
carol

Orlando, FL

#770746 Oct 13, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
carol carol carol..........
If Mitt Romney ever gave someone a nickel,
he and Lyin Ryan would spend $10 million dollars telling everyone about it!
Mitt Romney has been worth hundred of millions of dollars for a long time!
He is part of the super rich!
What has he done?
We know he owns 7 or 8 luxury mansions.
Cayman accounts? And Switzerland?
Mormon church: Mitt Romney gave them millions.
Mormon church: owns $100 billion in businesses?
It has been reported?
Mormon church: does no charity of merit?
It has been reported?
Mitt Romney: I need a car elevator!
Mitt Romney charity?
Bubbbbbkisssssss!
carol <----- liar and loser! Follows Republican party line.
(thanks for re posting my best o the day!)
<quoted text>
Sorry I said you're full of you-know-what.

You all just really tee me off sometimes.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770748 Oct 13, 2012
Ah, the joys of public education:

A policy at a New York City high school that had students using wooden toilet plungers as hall passes reportedly sent the school into chaos.

The New York Post reports that the second-year principal at the HS of Graphic Communications Arts in Hell’s Kitchen placed 2-foot-long wooden plungers in every classroom last month.

“The kids were using the plungers to whack each other, to pop ceiling tiles in the bathroom,” a source told the newspaper.“They were sticking it in the toilet and then flinging them across the classroom.”

The school, which had been among the city’s most violent, painted every plunger a different color and wrote the room number on each plastic cup. The policy continued for several weeks until city Department of Education officials learned of it from school security officers. The school was ordered to collect the plungers late last month, the Post reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/13/toilet-p...

Funny the kids didn't use them to practice kissing skills. LOL Hickey, anyone?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#770749 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, idiot vote will favor Obama again!
2008 CNN Exit Polls: Voters with less than a high school diploma
Obama 63%
McCain 35%
Other 2%
The Clinton News Network, will always favor Demorats... Mr. Jane Fonda, has a love of lefties?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#770750 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Romney and his wife Ann maintain a separate charitable foundation. The couple has contributed approximately $13.6 million including an initial gift of more than $3.6 million to their Tyler Charitable Foundation, based in Boston, MA, over the past 13 years.
Among them the dollars awarded by the Tyler Foundation since 2000:
The United Way:$177,000
Operation Kids:$85,000
Center For Treatment of Pediatric MS:$75,000
City Year:$65,000
Deseret International:$50,000
All told, nearly $18 million of charitable giving by Mitt Romney to date is roughly 8% of what we currently estimate his net worth to be and three times Obama’s net worth.
Yet it is very likely that we are undercounting Romney’s total lifetime giving by many millions, as any exhaustive log of Romney’s pre-2010 out of pocket donations.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwindurgy/2012/0...
You altered the list Carol,

#1 Was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints $4.761,000

#2 Was Brigham Young University $525,000

#3 Was The United Way

Additionally, Deseret International is a commercial arm of the Mormon Church.

So what is it with you? You, like fred must think that legions of Americans tune into this thread daily for the latest political news, because in all this time not a single regular contributor here has bought into yours or fred's insanity.

That freak is a sociopath__is that your deal too? The truth doesn't support you ideology so you resort to lies?

Everyone notices Carol__even the sockpuppets that you think are real people who adore you.

Sadder than sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Hole open wides 49,878
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Grau 68,513
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min loose cannon 178,089
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr texas pete 4,723
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr _Zoey_ 7,785
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••