Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#770826 Oct 13, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
It's so sad to see such a divided nation because if it continues another four years, the nation will simply fall. A divided nation cannot stand which is why I am so against talk Radio and TV talking heads. Most are very right wing Republican that do not make most Republicans look good and then there is CNBC total left wing nuts which doesn't make Democrats look good but the problem is the propaganda is bought by the ignorant or uniformed and thus; a divided nation. Guess who is behind that? Russia. The USSR said they would do it from within just as they are in fact doing it and people forget history and all sense goes out the window.
We have some radicals on both sides but more on the right wing at this point in history who will literally try to demonize the other side as if somehow that side doesn't want the best for the States. To even think that way is not logical so I'd advise people to see logical vs. nonsense on News or Radio. Just turn those stations off. CNN is mainstream which is what majority of Americans are. It is not biased so if you must watch news, do it there. Drudgereport is in a panic and the lies and the insane news articles are huge now. That is not real news. Matt Drudge who happens to be a gay Republican and yes, he is in fact gay and nothing wrong with that but he made his money siding with that party against Clinton and has an image to keep yet the Electoral College is NEVER going to deny Obama a second term. It will just not happen no matter votes.
Obama can lose the next two debates and so on and cannot lose and he knows it. I'm not sure Romney realizes it or not. I would think he does and his goal is to prevent a landslide and try to grab the popular votes since he cannot win the Electoral College and has lost Ohio. 67% of pre voting exit polls are pro-Obama. Obama will win Ohio by about 52% which is a small margin but a win. He will not get 67% total votes.
The next post, I will tell you two possible ways Obama wins and I will stick with one or the other and YOU hold me to those on Election Day. If I am wrong, I will be here and admit it and you can rate my post when I show up total idiot but if I am right, I expect you to rate that post well so be fair about things. If I am wrong, I will post that I'm holding my head down in shame. I make that promise to show up here and do that. I will also say I was an idiot in 2012 politics. If I am right, I will try to go back and explain why and predict the next election results.
Next post will be the two ways Obama will win so either way will make me right Election Day. After all, he either wins or loses or is in a tie.
I really have no biases on this which no one here will believe but that is the truth. I am not voting for Obama. I'm not even a Democrat.
Your avatar says it all "Blond Prince". Put a shirt on if you want to be taken seriously.

You look like the poster child of "the easily fooled" to me.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770827 Oct 13, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize no one else has EVER asked, but please, Romney.....show us your plan! You keep talking about "The Plan," but have never shown anything. Outline, Schmoutline. Show us what you've got! It's the Election, right now. Show us what you have. The American people don't do well with surprises. We'd rather not wait until after the Election to find out the big surprise.
My guess is you have no idea, and you're waiting for your supporters to call your bluff just like the Democrats already have.
Romney laid out his plan quite clearly during the first presidential debate and Ryan reiterated it in the VP debate.

He has a website as well you know. Try looking at that.

What is Obama's plan again?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#770828 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar says it all "Blond Prince". Put a shirt on if you want to be taken seriously.
Small minded.. Sounds like an interesting proposal, Carol. Rather than criticize, you should open your mind and listen.

Oh, but wait. That's not what Romney wants you to do. Sorry. You're one of them, those who can't think for themselves. Sucks to be you!
carol

Orlando, FL

#770829 Oct 13, 2012
joe smith wrote:
<quoted text>" was stunned after I learned these uncomfortable truths. I had naively believed that when church leaders transgressed, they followed the required steps of repentance, as taught to members and investigators. I believed they had the courage to face their mistakes and confess their shortcomings, no matter what the consequences; to live the same standards they set for the members. I believed they were completely honest.
D. Michael Quinn called the use of deception by LDS church leaders, "theocratic ethics." (The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, page 112) Smith lied to protect himself or the church; which was an extension of himself. Dan Vogel in his excellent work, Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet, described Smith's viewpoint; he was a pious deceiver. Smith used deception if in his mind; it resulted in a good outcome. Smith had Moroni, an ancient American prophet and custodian of the gold plates declare, "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me.( Moroni 4:11-12). Translation: if deception was necessary to do good, or bring a soul to Christ, then it was worth it, as long as God approves. Smith believed he knew when God approved of lying.
Smith believed God also approved of murder if it was for a good cause. He wrote in the Book of Mormon that Nephi was inspired by God (1 Nephi 4:6) to deceive and capture a servant; and then murder another man in order to secure an ancient historical record on brass plates. And in Missouri, Smith and his counselor Sidney Rigdon threatened to kill Mormon's who disagreed with Smith's policies and initiatives (Quinn, The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, Chapter 3, "Theocratic Beginnings," 79-103).
Smith re-wrote scripture to demonstrate that God had ordered the prophet Abraham to lie to protect himself and his wife Sarah from harm (Abraham 2:23-25)."
Modern-day Mormons do not believe much of Smith's century-old writings.

A lot of us don't get the Mormon religion. But I don't get a lot about the Catholic religion either.

Guess what people choose to believe is none of our business.

However, there are a lot of good-hearted and good-natured people in both the Mormon and Catholic religions.

Isn't that what matters?
carol

Nicosia, Cyprus

#770830 Oct 13, 2012
I dim the lights in the living room, put on a little... Sinatra, and unhook my lacy pink bra. Unfortunately my tits hit the ground, killing the cat instantly.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770831 Oct 13, 2012
I'll sure be glad when the smart judge-its come back on Monday.

I like happy icons.
loki

Richmond, KY

#770832 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney laid out his plan quite clearly during the first presidential debate and Ryan reiterated it in the VP debate.
He has a website as well you know. Try looking at that.
What is Obama's plan again?
Romney has promised a 20% across-the-board rate cut. The part of this cut that affects people making over $200,000 per year would reduce tax revenues by about $251 billion per year.
But wait! What about the economic growth this will unleash? That's mostly mythical, but let's bend over backwards here. If you incorporate the growth estimate of one of Romney's advisors, Greg Mankiw, Romney's rate cuts for the wealthy would only cost about $215 billion per year.
Next, try to pick out a set of deductions and loopholes that can be closed to make up for this revenue loss.
But wait! Romney hasn't said exactly which deductions he would target. So it's not fair to pick and choose specific deductions. Fine. Instead, let's assume that Romney completely eliminates every single deduction for high earners. All of them. It turns out this would make up $165 billion per year.
So even under the best possible assumptions, Romney's plan would cut taxes on the rich by $50 billion per year.
But Romney says he won't cut taxes on the rich.

This is the point at which, on Star Trek, smoke starts coming out of the computer and it implodes because it was forced to consider a logical impossibility. Here in the real world, it's the point at which conservatives desperately start trying to invent clever excuses. Martin Feldstein gave it a shot, but it turned out that he calculated wrong: Romney's plan can't work under Romney's conditions. It can only work if you eliminate deductions all the way down to people earning $100,000. Harvey Rosen gave it a shot, but succeeded only by assuming wildly implausible growth estimates. Charles Dubay gave it a shot, but miscalculated a provision of the estate tax. Matt Jensen gave it a shot, but made things work only by assuming that Romney might eliminate the interest exclusion on life insurance savings and state bonds. This is pretty unlikely, though, since a centerpiece of Romney's plan is to cut taxes on investment income, not raise them.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

#770833 Oct 13, 2012
This is my official post for Election Day and I will be here that night to post no matter results. If I am wrong, I will make zero excuses for it. I believe in taking personal responsibility!

Here are two ways Election can turn out per Electoral College and popular vote I am not going to predict:

Romney has the chance if he makes no mistakes at all until Election Day, performs well in both debates and nothing from his past comes out before the Election could win SWING STATE; FL, NC, VA, NH, IA, MO & CO. Those are a lot of States with some big number in some. He is locked in a sure win of other States so I did not mention them while Obama is locked in other State. Example; Romney will win TX & GA and Obama NY & Cali. No brainer there but what if Romney wins all those swing State I put up there from doing perfection from now until Election Day? He comes out with 267 of the 270 needed to win and Obama wins! Obama would win with 271, the number Bush won with.

The other possible chance is Romney loses one or two debates and or slips up on something one day or team Obama releases something dark from Romney's past on Thursday before election which I tend to think they might do since they are far too quiet like when a kid gets quiet something is up.

If any of those things happen, Obama will win; FL, VA, IA AND even if he lost WI, NH, NC & CO would have an electoral landslide over 300 votes! Obama wins WI, CO too he has then a massive landslide with almost 330 votes and if by chance he got NH and NC he would be at close to 350.

I doubt Obama wins close to 350 so I am going with 271 or higher and standing by it with zero chance Romney can win the Electoral College but as for popular vote, I'm not so sure about that. That's highly complex to know in advance and if Obama won by 271 he could lose the popular vote at the same time. If he is up over 280 then he has won the popular vote too and if near or above 300 then he won it well.

Save this post and come back to congratulate me or tell me how wrong I was in the days to come in my prediction. If I end up correct, I will make a prediction for 2016. If I am wrong, I will not make a prediction. I will admit right here if I was wrong and talk about it without any excuses! If I'm right, I hope you will be non biased and rate this post high. I will be here for sure either way things go.

I do know constitutional law so I must disclose that but I am not voting for Obama and I am not a Democrat or Republican. I'm not voting for Romney either. My life will not be affected no matter who wins so I have no motives other than to see if I was right or wrong which is going out on a limb.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770834 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
I dim the lights in the living room, put on a little... Sinatra, and unhook my lacy pink bra. Unfortunately my tits hit the ground, killing the cat instantly.
Well, that's a bit of a stretch...

(boobs hitting the ground...a bit of a stretch?)

Get it?
carol

Orlando, FL

#770835 Oct 13, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
This is my official post for Election Day and I will be here that night to post no matter results. If I am wrong, I will make zero excuses for it. I believe in taking personal responsibility!
Here are two ways Election can turn out per Electoral College and popular vote I am not going to predict:
Romney has the chance if he makes no mistakes at all until Election Day, performs well in both debates and nothing from his past comes out before the Election could win SWING STATE; FL, NC, VA, NH, IA, MO & CO. Those are a lot of States with some big number in some. He is locked in a sure win of other States so I did not mention them while Obama is locked in other State. Example; Romney will win TX & GA and Obama NY & Cali. No brainer there but what if Romney wins all those swing State I put up there from doing perfection from now until Election Day? He comes out with 267 of the 270 needed to win and Obama wins! Obama would win with 271, the number Bush won with.
The other possible chance is Romney loses one or two debates and or slips up on something one day or team Obama releases something dark from Romney's past on Thursday before election which I tend to think they might do since they are far too quiet like when a kid gets quiet something is up.
If any of those things happen, Obama will win; FL, VA, IA AND even if he lost WI, NH, NC & CO would have an electoral landslide over 300 votes! Obama wins WI, CO too he has then a massive landslide with almost 330 votes and if by chance he got NH and NC he would be at close to 350.
I doubt Obama wins close to 350 so I am going with 271 or higher and standing by it with zero chance Romney can win the Electoral College but as for popular vote, I'm not so sure about that. That's highly complex to know in advance and if Obama won by 271 he could lose the popular vote at the same time. If he is up over 280 then he has won the popular vote too and if near or above 300 then he won it well.
Save this post and come back to congratulate me or tell me how wrong I was in the days to come in my prediction. If I end up correct, I will make a prediction for 2016. If I am wrong, I will not make a prediction. I will admit right here if I was wrong and talk about it without any excuses! If I'm right, I hope you will be non biased and rate this post high. I will be here for sure either way things go.
I do know constitutional law so I must disclose that but I am not voting for Obama and I am not a Democrat or Republican. I'm not voting for Romney either. My life will not be affected no matter who wins so I have no motives other than to see if I was right or wrong which is going out on a limb.
You should probably stop wasting time cutting and pasting and go put your makeup on.

Syracuse, NY

#770836 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with personal attacks. You must be a Romney fan and didn't like my non biased post which predicts he loses.

I was a model and made great money that I saved and paid my way through six year not eight of College and I'm a corporate investor and don't care if people judge books by covers or not. Take your personal attacks elsewhere. I don't buy into that kind of BS.
carol

Nicosia, Cyprus

#770837 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

Guess what people choose to believe is none of our business.

Isn't that what matters?
Well, it is, Carol, as long as you're not Muslim apparently. Sorry about the cat.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770838 Oct 13, 2012
loki wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney has promised a 20% across-the-board rate cut. The part of this cut that affects people making over $200,000 per year would reduce tax revenues by about $251 billion per year.
But wait! What about the economic growth this will unleash? That's mostly mythical, but let's bend over backwards here. If you incorporate the growth estimate of one of Romney's advisors, Greg Mankiw, Romney's rate cuts for the wealthy would only cost about $215 billion per year.
Next, try to pick out a set of deductions and loopholes that can be closed to make up for this revenue loss.
But wait! Romney hasn't said exactly which deductions he would target. So it's not fair to pick and choose specific deductions. Fine. Instead, let's assume that Romney completely eliminates every single deduction for high earners. All of them. It turns out this would make up $165 billion per year.
So even under the best possible assumptions, Romney's plan would cut taxes on the rich by $50 billion per year.
This is the point at which, on Star Trek, smoke starts coming out of the computer and it implodes because it was forced to consider a logical impossibility. Here in the real world, it's the point at which conservatives desperately start trying to invent clever excuses. Martin Feldstein gave it a shot, but it turned out that he calculated wrong: Romney's plan can't work under Romney's conditions. It can only work if you eliminate deductions all the way down to people earning $100,000. Harvey Rosen gave it a shot, but succeeded only by assuming wildly implausible growth estimates. Charles Dubay gave it a shot, but miscalculated a provision of the estate tax. Matt Jensen gave it a shot, but made things work only by assuming that Romney might eliminate the interest exclusion on life insurance savings and state bonds. This is pretty unlikely, though, since a centerpiece of Romney's plan is to cut taxes on investment income, not raise them.
Guess you'll have to wait until he's elected to find out he's going to make it all work.

But vote for proven failure instead if you want to.
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#770839 Oct 13, 2012
loki wrote:
<quoted text>"It's a Mormon thing. It's called Lying for the Lord. And it's a tenet of the Mormon faith that, Mormons think, gives them to the right to tell you a bald-faced lie, so long as it's a lie that somehow furthers the Mormon cause.
What else to call the Mormon's laughable statement today that their posthumous baptism last year of President Obama's mother was a "rare" mistake that might have been done by "pranksters."
Yes, we're to believe that the Mormons, just by coincidence, forcibly converted a presidential candidate's deceased mother, 13 years after her death, and only months before the presidential election. And we're also to believe no warning bells went off at Mormon Central when they saw that the woman's husband, whose name is clearly listed on her "baptismal record," is "Barack Hussein Obama." (Obama's father has the same name.) Yes, all one big unfortunate "rare" mistake. Kind of like a clerical error. Except instead of giving you the wrong change, they just stole your mother's soul."
just like Jews .If a Jew lies to the gentile it's not a lie ..
carol

Nicosia, Cyprus

#770840 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's a bit of a stretch...
(boobs hitting the ground...a bit of a stretch?)
Get it?
Yes, I get it. You're sort of cute when you're not being a jerk.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#770841 Oct 13, 2012
loki wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is, Romney's plan....it won't work?
US happy

Los Angeles, CA

#770842 Oct 13, 2012
http://www.google.com/m...

This is your president, disgrace and embarrassement around the world...what would he doo in his second term? He is looking for America's best interest, I don't think so.
Maybe he should go and bow to Al Qaeda, maybe than those Muslim fanatics would not kill Americans...Obama is dumbest president ever, w/o his teleprompter and liberal media to wipe his sorry behind, he is lost!

Syracuse, NY

#770843 Oct 13, 2012
It's funny how you talk about one thing and then get personal attacks. That's very telling of those who do the personal attacks. It shows insecurity and lack of integrity on their end.

I'm an honest person, make good money, pay taxes, have friends who are Republican and Democrat, Christian, Jewish and Atheists and gay and straight while I am more of what one might call a liberal Christian but that doesn't make me liberal in politics. I have never hated anyone and I have no enemies. I know who I am and I don't judge books by covers. Others are always free to do so but in the board room where I am director if someone did that, I would fire them on the spot! I am in charge of my life and CEO and President of my company. The buck stops with me but I do no tolerate personal attacks. I will usually just ignore them which is what I will do after this post.

Life is good if you make it good but personal attacks prove you have a pretty bad life going on at the time.
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#770844 Oct 13, 2012
waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread bigot speaks again.
you must be talking about yourself .
carol

Orlando, FL

#770845 Oct 13, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with personal attacks. You must be a Romney fan and didn't like my non biased post which predicts he loses.
I was a model and made great money that I saved and paid my way through six year not eight of College and I'm a corporate investor and don't care if people judge books by covers or not. Take your personal attacks elsewhere. I don't buy into that kind of BS.
Read the first one which was full of bias..."Obama can lose the next two debates and so on and cannot lose and he knows it. I'm not sure Romney realizes it or not."

But glad you're not voting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min J RULES 71,234
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min wojar 182,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Religionthebiglie 51,284
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr moe 98,875
Is Vanessa Hudgens A PORN-STAR ?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Jenny Derin 187
Holiday Greetings 7 hr Scrooge and Cratchit 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance