Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
715,061 - 715,080 of 1,083,784 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I isn't my fault you are a dum dum.... Go look in a mirror and you will find your reason there.
I would be willing to bet that you are one of those people who actually believe anything said, printed by, or televised by the left leaning, Soros funded, left wing media.
Unlike the Democrats who have tabled the budget for the past 3.5 years the Republicans have presented, debated, and passed a budget for each of the years since 2010.
Congratulations. Your name has earned dishonorable mention on my “do not reply” list of people who prefer, or have only the capacity, to post personal insults in lieu of engaging in reasonable discussion. You may continue to respond to me, but I’ll not respond to you, no matter how strongly you may appeal for me to do so. You may find it easier and just as rewarding just to rate my posts negatively.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that intended to be disparaging?
Didn't you notice. The libs on her who coddle queers and coloreds are the first to use their status as a slam. They need these folks only for their votes. dem (little "d" intended) was never proud of his race - he pretends to be white.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

make that "here" not "her" ... LOL

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
She's a loose cannon. Completely off the mark. Head up her ass. You name it. She got that one all fouled up, what else is new? Possibly a meth-head?
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, the Republican claim begins with a real fact. The Affordable Care Act really does reduce Medicare spending by more than $700 billion over the next ten years. And while some of those cuts represent efforts to reduce overpayments to private insurers in the Medicare Advantage program, some of those cuts represent reductions in what hospitals will make for taking care of Medicare patients.
An independent analysis of the Affordable Care Act suggested that some hospitals might not be able to adapt these reductions—and that, as a result, 15 percent would become unprofitable. If that happens, they might stop seeing as many Medicare patients, forcing seniors to wait longer for care. Or Congress might decide to ease up on the cuts, cause the law's total cost to rise.
The analysis comes from Richard Foster, Medicare’s chief actuary. He is smart and honest, so you should take what he says seriously. But plenty of smart and honest analysts take a different view.
They point out that the Affordable Care Act doesn’t simply make crude, across-the-board payment reductions—as, say, the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 did. Instead, Obamacare also introduces incentives designed to reward efficiency. In addition, the Affordable Care Act’s expansion of coverage—remember, it will mean 30 million additional Americans have insurance—should reduce the number of uninsured people showing up at the emergency room, easing the charity care burden on hospitals.
Keep in mind that the hospital industry endorsed the Affordable Care Act. If it had thought the cuts were too steep, rest assured, it would have howled. And the hospitals may already be adapting, if early indications are correct.
I trust the actual actuary for these funds-
CMS Actuary Simulations Indicate Trouble for Hospitals

In a report Friday, Rick Foster, chief actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, questioned the sustainability of many of the proposed cuts, the major source of funding in a plan to extend insurance to more than 30 million additional Americans.

The proposal to reduce payments to hospitals and other providers, to force them to adopt more efficient practices, could prove particularly problematic for institutions that serve large numbers of Medicare patients, Foster wrote. He warned that many institutions might drop Medicare,“possibly jeopardizing access to care for beneficiaries.”

http://www.clinical-consultants.com/...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Bsuh is out of office. You elected a man that was a cokehead until the age of 35 & now bitch about a college kid experimenting a little with coke. Yes Bush was a drunk & cokehead. You knew it & still elected him
"real dumb"
You are dumb and blind. Have you read president nobama's book where he admits to the use of hard drugs, drinking and sex with another male?
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto is one of many who agree with Krauthammer. He wrote a devastating take-down of the rise of the news media’s so-called “fact checkers.”
"The usual conservative complaint about all this ‘fact checking’ is the same as the conservative complaint about the MSM’s product in general: that it is overwhelmingly biased toward the left.”
He concluded,“The form amplifies the bias. It gives journalists much freer rein to express their opinions by allowing them to pretend to be rendering authoritative judgments about the facts.”
http://www.mrc.org/node/41174
CNN has also discredited fact checkers as showing bias against conservatives, specifically Paul Ryan.
Who owns the WSJ?

It's easy to see that none of you wingnuts ever visit a fact checking site.

If you did you'd see that Obama gets his fair share of fact checking, but your aversion to facts keeps you from using some very unflattering Obama take downs; just because some nutjob tells you another lie.

Not that I'm really complaining or anything.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations. Your name has earned dishonorable mention on my “do not reply” list of people who prefer, or have only the capacity, to post personal insults in lieu of engaging in reasonable discussion. You may continue to respond to me, but I’ll not respond to you, no matter how strongly you may appeal for me to do so. You may find it easier and just as rewarding just to rate my posts negatively.
Congrats glenn!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Low info is the majority of voters, cutie.
Doesn't mean low IQ as many are young and/or attending college.
Somehow your post seems self defeating. Give some time and I might figure it out.

But no, I'm not voting for Mitt.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what you were "googling" dear but here'e googles first page. Other than Salon, which I used as a reference, this is it.
Industries looking for ways to avoid Obamacare is headline news.

Dear, I gave you my search link to Google. What in the world were you searching and give us you link to Google.

Mine was "Darden plans to cut to part time workers"

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahoo search shows Orlando Sentinel, HuffPo, Biz Journal, MSNBC, Herald Tribune.
Google search shows same results.
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...
You lied and never Googled it.
<quoted text>
Source: Labor publications, HuffPo, Gov sites listing suits, and Think Progress. Let me guess you got it from Think Progress.
Hey meathead,,Here's the post, google it.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter if Fox News reported the headlines too?
Here's a news flash for ya'. Fox News is not just commentaries and political analyists like O'Reilly and Hannity. They have legitimate news reporters - who even go to White House press conferences!

Industries looking for ways to avoid Obamacare is headline news.
Google it.

Or ignore it. Suit yourself.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't your daughters son black?
When is realputz going to call this douchebag a racist?

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the actual actuary for these funds-
CMS Actuary Simulations Indicate Trouble for Hospitals
In a report Friday, Rick Foster, chief actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, questioned the sustainability of many of the proposed cuts, the major source of funding in a plan to extend insurance to more than 30 million additional Americans.
The proposal to reduce payments to hospitals and other providers, to force them to adopt more efficient practices, could prove particularly problematic for institutions that serve large numbers of Medicare patients, Foster wrote. He warned that many institutions might drop Medicare,“possibly jeopardizing access to care for beneficiaries.”
http://www.clinical-consultants.com/...
Of course you do, you're a meathead.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Now you know why I've been saying the black out media being cheerleaders for those in power is very dangerous.
We're witnessing how propaganda and brainwashing works right here.
After posting numerous posts citing very credible sources about the dangers ahead under Obamacare, some still prefer to believe it just ain't so because they've been brainwashed by the cheerleaders.
Very dangerous, indeed. This is precisely how dictators rise to power. Control over the media.
As I pointed out earlier, only 2% of the voting public watch FOX.

Fix that problem and all the myths will come true!
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, you divert your attention from the Ryan/Romney “budget” to your perception of Obama’s policies as having failed.
Then, you assert,“Unless the Romney/Ryan is given an opportunity to do better than this, we have absolutely nothing to lose.” While I appreciate that your commitment is strong, it is a belief that you don’t support with fact or even persuasive argument.
I realize that my responses to you have all involved reviews of logic, but this process seems to be making no impression.
Witness and excellect example of a brainwashed commie rendered impervious to reality.

Obamabot responses are prerecorded statements of denial.

Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you notice. The libs on her who coddle queers and coloreds are the first to use their status as a slam. They need these folks only for their votes. dem (little "d" intended) was never proud of his race - he pretends to be white.
Too bad he can't pretend he has a brain that works.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is converting anyone here. This is a high info group of people. Besides anyone who comes here and sees dem and/or lions stupid commentary littering the board, quickly leaves for another message board far away from Topix.
I come here to debate because some people here are both “high information” and understand how to argue reasonably. Many here, however, are only “high opinion without much information” or wanting to relieve hostility. This latter group embarrasses itself and only makes noise in the system.

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, I gave you my search link to Google. What in the world were you searching and give us you link to Google.
Mine was "Darden plans to cut to part time workers"
Well you were off on that one weren't you now. Lol. Go piss up a robe.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a loose cannon. Completely off the mark. Head up her ass. You name it. She got that one all fouled up, what else is new? Possibly a meth-head?
LOL!

See Kuda. Yepperz is another poster that no one will take seriously due to remarks like this.

Sorry, but if your intent is at recruiting posters to your viewpoint-it isn't going to happen on Topix.

You need to find another message board other than TOPIX
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do, you're a meathead.
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min ILfighter 68,060
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min edogxxx 97,578
Abby 7-31 14 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-31 17 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,142
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,440
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,592
Amy 7-30 6 hr pde 21
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000