Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770715 Oct 13, 2012
Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Where is the outrage? You don't suppose Topix is just out to make a buck do you and doesn't really care about the hurt feelings of housebound idiots?
carol

Orlando, FL

#770716 Oct 13, 2012
Romney and his wife Ann maintain a separate charitable foundation. The couple has contributed approximately $13.6 million including an initial gift of more than $3.6 million to their Tyler Charitable Foundation, based in Boston, MA, over the past 13 years.

Among them the dollars awarded by the Tyler Foundation since 2000:

The United Way:$177,000
Operation Kids:$85,000
Center For Treatment of Pediatric MS:$75,000
City Year:$65,000
Deseret International:$50,000

All told, nearly $18 million of charitable giving by Mitt Romney to date is roughly 8% of what we currently estimate his net worth to be and three times Obama’s net worth.

Yet it is very likely that we are undercounting Romney’s total lifetime giving by many millions, as any exhaustive log of Romney’s pre-2010 out of pocket donations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwindurgy/2012/0...
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770717 Oct 13, 2012
(That'll drag 'em in, nothing hurts worse than when somebody hurts your fake feelings while you're out trin' to make a buck.)
carol

Orlando, FL

#770718 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Carol...I was referring to "And so it goes". Not you. Shit,you people really are batshit crazy. Lol.
It was a simple misunderstanding. A thousand pardons.

You should still whip yourself with a hose - uncontrollably - just for willingly joining the ranks of the easily fooled.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770719 Oct 13, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/UHSrbQ
Paul Ryan only told 24 lies in 40 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/SVFVUj
"Stuffs getting better"
They weren't lies. Rounding off or being off by a few numbers doesn't change the context behind them.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770720 Oct 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Some critical info in here guys!!!! The "elite", WANT the Madrid to blow, and they also want Yellowstone to ignite!!!!
New Madrid, Sinkholes, Gas Fracking, Oil Drilling in Gulf of Mexico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LojR4UoTsycXX&list=UUvaA5 rmNk3dvPtD7duj8lMg&index=3 &feature=plcp
----
Keep track of these events, explosions underground on both sides of New Madrid yesterday...plus BP relief wells leaking, also crude oil coming out of ground at sinkhole...
http://www.waow.com/story/19799780/small-unde...
----
“Emergency response” for butane cavern nearest giant sinkhole — 40-foot high flames seen from flaring, highway closed — Officials "don’t know" what happened...?
http://enenews.com/emergency-response-massive...
Oh oh - the Mayans were right! December 21st looms ... where's Flack?
carol

Orlando, FL

#770721 Oct 13, 2012
Huffington Post October 2012:

Doctors Call For Repeal Of Obamacare, Say They'll Vote For Romney:

More than half of physicians say they’ll vote for Mitt Romney come November 6th compared to just 36 percent for Obama, according to a recent survey by medical staffing firm Jackson and Cokey. In fact, 15 percent of survey respondents said they’ll be switching to the Republican camp this election, with most citing the Affordable Care Act as the reason.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/doct...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770722 Oct 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Supporting government union workers now?
You sound as fkn dumb as Romney with your flip flops.
Bad attempt to spin. You are loosing your edge.

Biden, during the debate, stated that there was no more need for the tanks that are made in Ohio only.

Try to figure out what this means.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770723 Oct 13, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/UHSrbQ
Paul Ryan only told 24 lies in 40 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/SVFVUj
"Stuffs getting better"
Why is Obama losing? Why will America lose if Da Bammy is re-elected? Go shine your bullets.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770724 Oct 13, 2012
"I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night's debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms."

"But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called 'objective' news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying,'Come back when you're serious.'"

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

The essence of the whole campaign for me was crystalized in the debate exchange over Romney's 20 percent tax-cut plan. ABC's Martha Raddatz turned the questioning to Ryan:

MS. RADDATZ: Well, let's talk about this 20 percent.

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well –(chuckles)–

MS. RADDATZ: You have refused yet again to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20 percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics, or are you still working on it, and that's why you won't tell voters?

Here Ryan is presented with a simple yes-or-no answer. Since he doesn't have the answer, he immediately starts slithering and equivocating:

REP. RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements.

Matt Taibbi
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/ta...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770725 Oct 13, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh oh - the Mayans were right! December 21st looms ... where's Flack?
I know what Fluke is doing.

According to Washington Post she is taking lessons on tweeting. "[Fluke] practices her sound bites on Twitter, sharpening arguments down to 140 characters."

WOW
carol

Orlando, FL

#770726 Oct 13, 2012
I'm leaving the easily fooled to the rest of you clear thinkers for a while.

Maybe they'll turn on the lightbulb before I get back. If they have a lightbulb to turn on.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#770727 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Obamascare: Private doctors choose Romney 2-to-1
http://washingtonexaminer.com/private-doctors...
Bloomberg had a Dr. on this week:

He runs a $5 billion dollar healthcare center.

He said,

"We are seeing no problems putting all the ACA requirements in. It is the law so we are working within it. Our members are seeing no disruptions and we forsee no problems."

Your Dr.'s carol are just greedy Republicans who want more free government loot! Rich guy tax cuts.

The rest of us want affordable coverage by law.

Oh right: President Obama signed that law!

YOU LOSE!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770728 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:
"I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night's debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms."
"But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called 'objective' news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying,'Come back when you're serious.'"
The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.
The essence of the whole campaign for me was crystalized in the debate exchange over Romney's 20 percent tax-cut plan. ABC's Martha Raddatz turned the questioning to Ryan:
MS. RADDATZ: Well, let's talk about this 20 percent.
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well –(chuckles)–
MS. RADDATZ: You have refused yet again to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20 percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics, or are you still working on it, and that's why you won't tell voters?
Here Ryan is presented with a simple yes-or-no answer. Since he doesn't have the answer, he immediately starts slithering and equivocating:
REP. RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements.
Matt Taibbi
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/ta...
Good ol' Matt ... was it meth or acid? Whi is Obama losing? Why will America lose if Da Bammy is re-elected?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770729 Oct 13, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/UHSrbQ
Paul Ryan only told 24 lies in 40 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/SVFVUj
"Stuffs getting better"
Really? Think Progress is your source?
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770730 Oct 13, 2012
When I was young and in my prime
I used to have a white behind
Now I'm old and nearly dead
I remember what my Mama said

Jimmy's crack's shorn and I don't care
Jimmy's crack's shorn and I don't care
Jimmy's crack's shorn and I don't care
I'll bang it anyway
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#770731 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this election as having an old run-down car that keeps breaking down everytime you turn around and a newer model which hasn't been tested yet but is a much better bet on what you have now.
You have nothing to lose by choosing the other car and the possibility it will run better or having no transportation if you keep the one you have.
I understand your analogy even though I disagree with it. Be that as it may, you again assert without evidence that we would have “nothing to lose” by electing Romney. We already have evidence to the contrary in the form of the damage he has done with his attempts at foreign affairs. Furthermore, he could do a lot of harm is his unspecified budget turns out to have no specifics or specifics that just don’t “add up.”

Once again, I a respect your zeal, but can only comment on the form of your presentation. Logic please.
carol

Miami, FL

#770732 Oct 13, 2012
(translation) I'm going to go and see if Pastor Bob can fix this damn vibrator!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770733 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what Fluke is doing.
According to Washington Post she is taking lessons on tweeting. "[Fluke] practices her sound bites on Twitter, sharpening arguments down to 140 characters."
WOW
Not Fluke ... Flack. He's our resident gloom and doom expert. Fluke might be dangerous around methane because of friction - she has heavy thighs.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770734 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:

REP. RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements.
Your opinion piece was so over the top it belongs on Onion.

This point about bipartisanship was brought to the forefront at the VP Debate. Everyone saw clearly who was problem. An arrogant admin who refuses to hear any ideas different from their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min IBdaMann 48,553
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min primetime justice 98,694
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 58 min Always Smile 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 180,847
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristmasIsJesus 51,243
Amy Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Abby Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:11 am PST

NBC Sports 5:11AM
Lance Briggs expects groin injury to keep him out "a few weeks"
NBC Sports 5:56 AM
Source: Redskins to start Colt McCoy over RG3 - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:58 AM
Full Thanksgiving NFL Preview and Predictions
Bleacher Report 9:18 AM
RGIII Done If Unable to Respond to Gruden
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Bears vs. Lions Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick