Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770696 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep adjusting those blinders. Foster is the head of Medicare and Medicaid spending in the Obama administration.
This article just proved the other sources (AP and WSJ) were correct. The author of your article wrote:
"Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely. But some hospitals PROBABLY SHOULD become unprofitable."
...PROBABLY SHOULD become profitable????
And you keep your's on nice and tight. This way you can keep seeing with that tunnel vision you suffer from. He also said...

Which leads us to the real problem with conservatives making this argument. Let’s suppose Foster is right that 15 percent of providers will start losing money and that, as a result, seniors will have more trouble getting care. The same thing would happen under the conservative plans, because they cut just as much money, if not more, from Medicare.

Keep in mind that the hospital industry endorsed the Affordable Care Act. If it had thought the cuts were too steep, rest assured, it would have howled.

To be clear, Foster could be right that hospitals will struggle. But would 15 percent of hospitals losing money be a disaster? In most industries, it wouldn’t be.(If there’s a line of business where 85 percent of companies break even or make a profit, year after year, please let me know. I’d like to invest.)

Health care isn’t just any other business and Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely.

But some hospitals probably should become unprofitable, because they offer redundant services that drive up the cost of care. And conservatives should know this as well as anybody, because their entire theory of Medicare reform is that cutthroat competition among providers will produce a more efficient health care system. In cutthroat competition, there are always losers.

Keep in mind that the hospital industry endorsed the Affordable Care Act. If it had thought the cuts were too steep, rest assured, it would have howled.
To be clear, Foster could be right that hospitals will struggle. But would 15 percent of hospitals losing money be a disaster? In most industries, it wouldn’t be.(If there’s a line of business where 85 percent of companies break even or make a profit, year after year, please let me know. I’d like to invest.)
Health care isn’t just any other business and Foster, quite appropriately, worries that these providers might reduce services in ways that affect beneficiaries adversely. But some hospitals probably should become unprofitable, because they offer redundant services that drive up the cost of care. And conservatives should know this as well as anybody, because their entire theory of Medicare reform is that cutthroat competition among providers will produce a more efficient health care system. In cutthroat competition, there are always losers.
Which leads us to the real problem with conservatives making this argument. Let’s suppose Foster is right that 15 percent of providers will start losing money and that, as a result, seniors will have more trouble getting care. The same thing would happen under the conservative plans, because they cut just as much money, if not more, from Medicare.
Len Nichols, a well-known health economist and director for George Mason University’s Center for Health Policy Research and Ethics:
http://chhs.gmu.edu/faculty-and-staff/nichols ...
Rick Foster’s non-partisan analysis was that 15% of hospitals could not withstand the spending reduction targets of the ACA as they go into effect in 2018 and beyond. It then follows, as the night the day, that they, and probably more hospitals, could not withstand the significantly tighter expenditure controls of the Ryan Budget.
http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106299/medicare ...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770697 Oct 13, 2012
Uh oh, Biden's comment in debate that no more M1 tanks are needed not playing well in Ohio. These are made only in Ohio

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770699 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm posting factual information from credible sources reporting very disturbing information if Obama is reelected and Obamacare is guaranteed.
As far as whipping around like a hose out of control, you should be whipping yourself with a hose - uncontrollably.
Uh, Carol...I was referring to "And so it goes". Not you. Shit,you people really are batshit crazy. Lol.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770700 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Do you think libs would agree with Romney about cutting PBS if they knew Chik-Fil-A runs sponsorship ads on the network?
What to do?
I heard that Chik-Fil-A will use only capons in their selections so as to keep the LGBT group happy. LOL
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#770702 Oct 13, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
On 14th street? It's obviously been a few decades since you've turned any tricks in DC?
flagged forgery.TOS.....never learn uh??
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

#770703 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Do you think libs would agree with Romney about cutting PBS if they knew Chik-Fil-A runs sponsorship ads on the network?
What to do?
I guess iza be goin get me some friend chicken wings from KFC insteed

Don't worry. If they want to sell their chicken, PBS isn't the only place they can place an add. If you are as good as that place is, you don't have to be on tv anyway. Word of mouth goes farther.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#770704 Oct 13, 2012
carol carol carol..........

If Mitt Romney ever gave someone a nickel,

he and Lyin Ryan would spend $10 million dollars telling everyone about it!

Mitt Romney has been worth hundred of millions of dollars for a long time!

He is part of the super rich!

What has he done?

We know he owns 7 or 8 luxury mansions.

Cayman accounts? And Switzerland?

Mormon church: Mitt Romney gave them millions.
Mormon church: owns $100 billion in businesses?
It has been reported?
Mormon church: does no charity of merit?
It has been reported?

Mitt Romney: I need a car elevator!

Mitt Romney charity?

Bubbbbbkisssssss!

carol <----- liar and loser! Follows Republican party line.

(thanks for re posting my best o the day!)
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you lose big time. You are so full of shit if you're eyes aren't brown already, they are now.
How do you know how much Romney has given to private individuals who were struggling or donated to these hospitals?
How many people has Obama helped out or donated to hospitals or gave anything out of his own pocket to benefit others?
He couldn't even help the people in the slums in his district for 8 years - one of them was owned by his own Valerie Jarrett, the power behind the throne.
He cares nothing about the poor. He only cares about them giving him the power to control them.
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

#770705 Oct 13, 2012
Shit, I mean fried chicken. LMAO
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770706 Oct 13, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Uh oh, Biden's comment in debate that no more M1 tanks are needed not playing well in Ohio. These are made only in Ohio
A couple of M1s will be useful in dislodging the O's from the White House when the Mau Mau surround the place after he loses. LOL
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#770707 Oct 13, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
That's funny, that's all you do 24/7 is blooogie... bloogie... bloogie.. bup bu-boggie..
flagged forgery ..TOS...never learn Uh??
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

#770709 Oct 13, 2012
it is dems fault LOL
Patriot

Denver, CO

#770710 Oct 13, 2012
Some critical info in here guys!!!! The "elite", WANT the Madrid to blow, and they also want Yellowstone to ignite!!!!

New Madrid, Sinkholes, Gas Fracking, Oil Drilling in Gulf of Mexico

&li st=UUvaA5rmNk3dvPtD7duj8lMg &index=3&feature=plcp

----

Keep track of these events, explosions underground on both sides of New Madrid yesterday...plus BP relief wells leaking, also crude oil coming out of ground at sinkhole...

http://www.waow.com/story/19799780/small-unde...

----

“Emergency response” for butane cavern nearest giant sinkhole — 40-foot high flames seen from flaring, highway closed — Officials "don’t know" what happened...?

http://enenews.com/emergency-response-massive...
carol

Orlando, FL

#770711 Oct 13, 2012
Obamascare: Private doctors choose Romney 2-to-1

http://washingtonexaminer.com/private-doctors...
carols brown eye

Chicago, IL

#770712 Oct 13, 2012
Carol's late husband runs screaming down Pork Chop hill yelling, "Pork, pork, pork, doesn't the army serve beef anymore?"

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#770713 Oct 13, 2012
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/UHSrbQ

Paul Ryan only told 24 lies in 40 minutes.
Source: http://bit.ly/SVFVUj

"Stuffs getting better"
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770714 Oct 13, 2012
Bloogie, bloogie, bloogie, obummer did it.
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770715 Oct 13, 2012
Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Never learn, huh? Where is the outrage? You don't suppose Topix is just out to make a buck do you and doesn't really care about the hurt feelings of housebound idiots?
carol

Orlando, FL

#770716 Oct 13, 2012
Romney and his wife Ann maintain a separate charitable foundation. The couple has contributed approximately $13.6 million including an initial gift of more than $3.6 million to their Tyler Charitable Foundation, based in Boston, MA, over the past 13 years.

Among them the dollars awarded by the Tyler Foundation since 2000:

The United Way:$177,000
Operation Kids:$85,000
Center For Treatment of Pediatric MS:$75,000
City Year:$65,000
Deseret International:$50,000

All told, nearly $18 million of charitable giving by Mitt Romney to date is roughly 8% of what we currently estimate his net worth to be and three times Obama’s net worth.

Yet it is very likely that we are undercounting Romney’s total lifetime giving by many millions, as any exhaustive log of Romney’s pre-2010 out of pocket donations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwindurgy/2012/0...
Razors Edge

Chicago, IL

#770717 Oct 13, 2012
(That'll drag 'em in, nothing hurts worse than when somebody hurts your fake feelings while you're out trin' to make a buck.)
carol

Orlando, FL

#770718 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Carol...I was referring to "And so it goes". Not you. Shit,you people really are batshit crazy. Lol.
It was a simple misunderstanding. A thousand pardons.

You should still whip yourself with a hose - uncontrollably - just for willingly joining the ranks of the easily fooled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min wojar 182,148
last post wins! (Apr '13) 40 min L Morales 409
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 42 min Passing thru 5
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,352
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,265
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 51,295
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr Breezy _Soul 1,538
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]