Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#770377 Oct 13, 2012
US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
Trillions of American money is given away to Israel so Israel can commit holocaust upon Palestinian Christians ..
Those $$$ should be spend on Americans not Jews in Israel !!
Palestinians in Israel, regardless of religion, are treated a million times better than they are in ANY Arab state.
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#770378 Oct 13, 2012
Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he
doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why.
So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet.(How boring is that?)\

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America ?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America 's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.

Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans. My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?

Fortunately, Americans got to see the real Romney in the debate. The Obama characterization assassination that night, was for once, directed at himself. Obama revealed that he can only function when his handlers put him in front of a teleprompter, or when the questions are silly and of little importance, like on The View.
Romney outclassed him!

Since: May 11

Brockton, MA

#770379 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
What damage? Take your head outta your azz and look around Dupa!
25 million workers unemployed or counted out of the Civilian Labor Force. Millions more to be reduced to part time employment with ObamaKare. National debt exceeds a year's GDP. Energy and food costs up substantially while mean family income has dropped $4,000.
Not everybody can work 70 hours a week like you and afford to drive around in luxurious Chevy Cruzes.
Because of the f*cking recession, dumbass.

But hey, brilliant morons like you ant to put those responsible back in power.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#770380 Oct 13, 2012
<quoted text>that was my post i copy and pasted .
It's obvious Romney will go to war with Iran but the man doesn't care . Mormons want to commit suicide but they can't do it alone .They need masses for their cause
So it wasn't a creditible sourse, it was just the ranting of a racist.

Since: May 11

Brockton, MA

#770381 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do businesses hire employees on vague promises of "Hope and Change" as evidenced by the last four years.
"Forward"? Forward to what,$6 trillion more on the Nat'll Debt? Jobwise, that one won't even add one sweeper to the third shift.
Businesses hire when they have demand.

The Bush recession killed demand.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#770382 Oct 13, 2012
<quoted text>
You not a REAL American . REAL AMERICANS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS .
2012 years ago your people the Jewish people murder our prophet Christ . Read Luke Mathew or Mark .
Thank you . I know who i'm and also know what Jews are all about .Germans had a right when they deported 6 million of those scums back to Asia aka Middle East
"I know who i'm"

Everyone knows who you are-you are the forum racist.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#770383 Oct 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You two must have spent a lot of time there working for your pimp.
37th and Shields?
They wouldn't let your hillbilly azz buy a shed there.
It's all in the appropriation of funds, Demorat? You couldn't by a structure in that neighborhood either? The boys in the Pimpmobiles, would tune you up, just for yuks, and grins?
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#770384 Oct 13, 2012
Trillions of American money is given away to Israel so Israel can commit holocaust upon Palestinian Christians ..
Those $$$ should be spend on Americans not Jews in Israel !!
It is strange a nation built upon taking land away from the people already living here and then bringing slaves to work that land is now supporting the nation of Israel to do the same.
There are over 70,000 homes built outside the 1967 borders of Israel on land taken by force. Would America not fight against Canada having done something like that?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#770385 Oct 13, 2012
<quoted text>Subhuman nation of Israel as Germans called Jews will not survive without real friends . Don't get twisted Jew . NO Christian can EVER be a real friend with a Jew .
You killed our prophet ,ruined our economy .Let's not forget countless wars we fought in israel's name . NO MORE !!
AMERICA FOR AMERICANS FIRST !!! NOT ANTI-AMERICAN ISRAEL
Here ya go folks, the villiage idiot has just declared that Bush and Obama had nothing to do with ruining the economy-the Jews did it.

Please get yourself psyciatric help.

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#770387 Oct 13, 2012
O Baloney wrote:
Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he
doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why.
So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet.(How boring is that?)\
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America ?
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America 's scorn.
9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans. My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?
Fortunately, Americans got to see the real Romney in the debate. The Obama characterization assassination that night, was for once, directed at himself. Obama revealed that he can only function when his handlers put him in front of a teleprompter, or when the questions are silly and of little importance, like on The View.
Romney outclassed him!
It's Romney's alter ego that's the problem, Mitt Etch-a-sketch?
Anonymous

Petersburg, VA

#770388 Oct 13, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>Typical response by a racist republican .
Average worker at Walmart makes $10 an a hour before taxes and insurance fees .Out of those 10 buck they actually taking $7 home while the Walmart big sharks are making billions . Those are your fellow countryman . Don't you want them prosper and make decent respected salary ??
did they ever hear of the university or at least to finish high school, we are talking about people who can hardly read here, what do you expect to pay them, we are paid for what we are worth.
newsphotos

AOL

#770389 Oct 13, 2012

ANTICHRIST in Jewish Temple --------- ID'd

&fe ature=plcp

LOL

Sparta, NJ

#770390 Oct 13, 2012
America deserves to fail if Da Bammy is re-elected. Go ahead, suckers, vote for failure, then sit back and wonder what the hell happened. LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#770391 Oct 13, 2012
Fox's Charles Krauthammer Suggests Media Shouldn't Always Fact-Check Candidates' Claims

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/10/12/foxs...

But that only applies to Mitt.

Kind of like whining about the MSM saying Biden won his debate, whilst dancing on the MSM grave of the last Obama debate performance.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#770392 Oct 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Businesses hire when they have demand.
Tell that to the crackhead in the White House.
Anonymous

Petersburg, VA

#770393 Oct 13, 2012
get a life.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#770394 Oct 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the f*cking recession, dumbass.
But hey, brilliant morons like you ant to put those responsible back in power.
What makes you think I want Bill Clinton back in power?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#770395 Oct 13, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>

You and the clueless on here can't benefit from the truth?

A CEO IS AGAINST HIS OWN WORKFORCE.
THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS.
CEO vs. THE WORKERS.
Especially non founder REPUBLICAN CEO's. Like Mitt!

If rules do not exist to protect the workforce, it's game over. FOR THE WORKER! NOT THE CEO: HE WINS!

Who is against rules that protect workers?
THE CEO!

You want to put this CEO guy in charge of the whole country? All the citizens? Most citizens are WORKERS!
So Mitt Romney is against most of the citizens.
Why does he want to abolish access to healthcare for everyone by law?

He can pay less taxes for him. He has his own healthcare. He is super rich. He does not need Medicare either or Social Security benefits or Medicaid or Education or Welfare or food stamps or government itself! Get rid of these, Mitt Romney can pay less taxes for him. That is the kind of math he lives by.

You don't believe this?
Look around!
These super rich have their own security! Their own schools. Their own retirement. Their own fire departments. Their own airlines. Their own gated communities. THEY HATE PAYING FOR GOVERNMENT.

Why in the heck would you want a guy who has spent his whole life honing the skill of how to be against workers and thus the citizens?

It's insane!

We need to empower the middle class! Create real lasting demand in the economy!
MITT ROMNEY IS THE OPPOSITE OF THIS!
ALWAYS HAS BEEN. ALWAYS WILL BE.

Why would the citizens just giveaway all the gains they have made? SO A RICH GUY CAN PAY A LITTLE LESS IN HIS TAXES!

Don't be dumb!
All Democrat Ticket! Vote for Obama!

(Search: Mitt Romney Lied About Tax Cuts)
Great read!

I did search.

NO CEO FOR PRESIDENT!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770396 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
One of several falsehoods as fact checked by CBS News.
Biden claimed people are going to have to pay more money out of their pocket with the Romney/Ryan Medicare reform plan.
FACT: Under the Romney-Ryan plan, lower income seniors would receive more generous support while wealthier seniors would receive less support.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57531063/...
In other words, the poor and needy will receive full government subsidies while the wealthy will receive much less and those in the middle will choose a plan they can afford with government subsidies.
Biden's claim that seniors will have to pay $6400 more a year is simply not true.
Did you add the word Fact in front of "what the campaign said" about his medicare plan as it doesn't look like CBS considers it "fact". They are merely stating what Romney thinks, not that they think what he thinks is a fact,,,,In other words you are stating that YOU consider what Romney has stated as fact, not CBS news.

Since when is that FACT?

From CBS...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57531063/...

RYAN: "That's why we're saying more for lower income people and less for higher income people."

The Romney campaign supports reforming the current Medicare program to a "premium support" system, wherein the government offers a senior a predefined amount of money to spend in a health insurance exchange rather than paying directly for the benefits a senior uses. The campaign has said current seniors would not be impacted by the plan and that insurance plans would be required to offer coverage at least comparable to what Medicare currently provides.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

The $6,400 figure comes from a Center for Budget and Policy Priorities study. based on the CBO’s projections. The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities projected that seniors’ out-of-pocket costs would rise from $6,150 to $12,500 per year on average under Ryan’s plan.

Since then, Ryan has made some changes to his plan, removing a cap on “premium-support payments” and including a traditional-Medicare, government-paid health plan as an alternative to private plans, from which seniors would choose on an exchange.
So, while the $6,000 estimate applies to a previous iteration of Ryan’s plan, the number is old.

The CBO has not conducted comparable analysis of Ryan’s 2012 plan, so there is no comparable estimate of how seniors’ out-of-pocket costs would change under the latest version. Ryan’s 2012 plan did not include enough details for such analysis to be conducted.

Independent experts disagree on whether out-of-pocket costs would still rise, on average, under Ryan’s 2012 plan. The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities maintains that out-of-pocket costs would likely rise by some amount. Kaiser Family Foundation says it’s impossible to calculate the average, while noting that in cities and counties where health care costs more, Medicare recipients will be faced with a choice between paying more for Medicare or buying a cheaper private plan that could offer different benefits than Ryan’s traditional-Medicare coverage plan.

Biden claimed Mitt Romney said he would sign Ryan’s budget that would raise costs by $6,400—the 2011 version passed March 29 of that year.

From ABC’s Emily Friedman on June 2, 2011:

On health care, Romney responded “yes” when asked if he would sign the plan written by Rep. Paul Ryan that would restructure Medicare if it reached his desk as President, but quickly added that he would be offering his own plan.

“His plan is not the plan I’ll put forward, I have my own plan,” said Romney.“I’ll be putting that out before I debate President Obama.”

Romney's plan, as outlined on his website, is vague to the point of meaninglessness.

Nice try Carol.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#770397 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I want Bill Clinton back in power?
Yes, like so many other folks who voted for Bush, you all went into cryosleep for 8 years.

Conservatives seem to never be able to admit the guy they voted for screwed the pooch.

I don't know how long it took me to convince you nutjobs Reagan raised taxes 11 times, but it was fun while it lasted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,851
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,797
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News