Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274805 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#770525 Oct 13, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Biden's statements are in fact true and the Obama administration did not know about the requests for increased security in Libya or the reduction in security in response to the requests for increased security then there is something seriously wrong within the Obama administration. This is a great reason to replace it with a Republican administration.
If Biden's statements are in fact true and the Obama administration was being told by intelligence sources that the events occuringin Libya were in response to a you tube video, and all of the public announcements were made to that effect without vetting the information first the Obama administration is incompetant and needs to be replaced by Republicans.
If on the other hand Biden and the administration knew exactly what happened then the Obama administration is trying to cover up what really happened there.(They did have a live feed from the security cameras in Libya) Intelligence officers were monitoring those camera feeds. The Obama administration is guilty of telling lies to the American people and to the world. Heck they even spent 70k to advertise this lie in Pakistan. There would be two motivations to do this. One is to tell the arab world "it isn't our fault a filmaker did it." The other is to perpetuate the lie that terrorism is dead because Obama killed it.
In the latter case of the Obama administration is just as guilty as Nixon was at Watergate. A major election is/was at stake in both instances. The facts were obscurred to gain a political advantage over the opponent in both cases.
I think we need to investigate the facts and initiate impeachement proceedings against Obama for his crimes against the country and our constitution.
What is the difference between Watergate,and Benghazi-Gate?

correct,watergate does not compare with benghazi-gate,no one died
with the watergate scandal..this is an absolute pre election cover
up,of the worst possible kind,revealing the fanatical mind set of
those dedicated to imposing their radical,communist based proven to be failure beliefs,upon us their employers..We have DHS,TSA,CIA,
NSA,DSI,FBI,even Mossad at our disposal what possible explanation
is there for the lies,blame they are heaping upon all our intelligence agencies? Clinton,Panetta et al together with our so called Oxmoron justice dept,are all in the tank,lets get rid of
the whole stinking morass in NOV!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#770526 Oct 13, 2012
More good news for the easily fooled:

Richard Foster, chief actuary for Medicare, warned Congress that seniors will have difficulty finding doctors and institutions to accept Medicare. Doctors who do accept Medicare will not want to spend time doing procedures such as hip replacements when the pay is so low. Yet the law bars them from providing the care you want for an extra fee. You’re trapped.

Foster also warned that within a decade, 40 percent of health-care institutions could be forced to operate at a loss. New York hospitals are bracing for the hit.

When hospitals run in the red, they can employ fewer nurses and buy less diagnostic equipment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

I mean...seriously...some of you need to wake the hell up.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#770527 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
$530 million to Solydra for green jobs is waste. Then $17 million more to retrain 1,100 green workers for new green jobs is overkill!
I Am the Ruler of the Queen's Navy, Says Mitt Romney

First Sea Lord of the Admiralty Mitt Romney is a worried man. German U-boats are prowling off Boston harbor. The Kaiser’s battleships are steaming towards Chesapeake Bay. Prussian soldiers in pickelhaube helmets are preparing to march on Washington…...

Admiral Romney needs a time-out on the poop deck.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770528 Oct 13, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like an inside job. Tawana Brawley type incident...
A Denver DNC office suffered broken windows in 2009. The prep was a disgruntle Leftie.

ny ny

#770529 Oct 13, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred likes unemployed lesbians
Sexual identity issues, theft convictions..drug and alcohol problems. Yep, must be Republican.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#770530 Oct 13, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Romney's pro capitalism message is reaching the casual follower of politics. duh
Really?

Mitt Romney: USA should look more like China.
Mitt Romney: Do like I did, move the USA factory to China.

Mitt Romney utopia:

Medicare. Gone.
Social Security. Gone
Minimum Wage. Gone.
EPA: Gone.
Education. Gone.
Healthcare. Gone.
Employment. Gone.
Policeman. Gone.
Teacher. Gone.
Fireman. Gone.

Rich guy. Even richer! Give him borrowed government loot Stat!

Republicans: we loaded up the government with debt to pay rich guys!

Now we demand budget cuts that harm citizens.

Hey man, go to China!

No EPA!

YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR HAND IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!

WORKERS MAKE SCHITTT WAGES: WORK LONG HOURS: COMMIT SUICIDE DAILY! <------ republican utopia!

Republicans: no worker protections is the way to go!
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#770531 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
I Am the Ruler of the Queen's Navy, Says Mitt Romney
First Sea Lord of the Admiralty Mitt Romney is a worried man. German U-boats are prowling off Boston harbor. The Kaiser’s battleships are steaming towards Chesapeake Bay. Prussian soldiers in pickelhaube helmets are preparing to march on Washington…...
Admiral Romney needs a time-out on the poop deck.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...
and you need a poop on your deck!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#770534 Oct 13, 2012
Now you know why I've been saying the black out media being cheerleaders for those in power is very dangerous.

We're witnessing how propaganda and brainwashing works right here.

After posting numerous posts citing very credible sources about the dangers ahead under Obamacare, some still prefer to believe it just ain't so because they've been brainwashed by the cheerleaders.

Very dangerous, indeed. This is precisely how dictators rise to power. Control over the media.

ny ny

#770535 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
More good news for the easily fooled:
Richard Foster, chief actuary for Medicare, warned Congress that seniors will have difficulty finding doctors and institutions to accept Medicare. Doctors who do accept Medicare will not want to spend time doing procedures such as hip replacements when the pay is so low. Yet the law bars them from providing the care you want for an extra fee. You’re trapped.
Foster also warned that within a decade, 40 percent of health-care institutions could be forced to operate at a loss. New York hospitals are bracing for the hit.
When hospitals run in the red, they can employ fewer nurses and buy less diagnostic equipment.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
I mean...seriously...some of you need to wake the hell up.
Betsy McCaughey?? Lol. The Death Panel Queen? Riiight.

Betsy McCaughey, Liar

Betsy McCaughey is a professional liar. She lies. The things she writes are untrue. They are not even "distortions." They are made-up. Everyone has known this for years and yet she was still allowed to derail the nation.

McCaughey's schtick, as described by James Fallows, is to pose as a disinterested, objective researcher who is just shocked and dismayed to find something insane and evil in a piece of legislation supported by a Democratic president.

And then she sits down to write a very serious and nonpartisan and concerned piece of analysis of this evil thing in the legislation that she made up. And then some respectable outlet publishes her serious analysis. And then, within minutes, partisan Republican columnists, talk radio hosts, politicians, and operatives are disseminating talking points taken directly from that serious piece of entirely made-up bullshit analysis.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive...

ny ny

#770536 Oct 13, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
and you need a poop on your deck!!!
Great post Waxtard.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770537 Oct 13, 2012
I know I'm wasting my time but gotta keep trying.

The Associated Press reports:

Two of the central promises of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law are unlikely to be fulfilled, Medicare's independent economic expert told Congress on Wednesday.

The landmark legislation probably won't hold costs down, and it won't let everybody keep their current health insurance if they like it, Chief Actuary Richard Foster told the House Budget Committee. His office is responsible for independent long-range cost estimates.

Now get this - if that's even possible...

Foster not only works for the Obama administration but is also the administration's principal authority on Medicare and Medicaid spending.~

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274...

Somebody PLEASE acknowledge you at least get this.

I'm begging you now.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770538 Oct 13, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Betsy McCaughey?? Lol. The Death Panel Queen? Riiight.
Betsy McCaughey, Liar
Betsy McCaughey is a professional liar. She lies. The things she writes are untrue. They are not even "distortions." They are made-up. Everyone has known this for years and yet she was still allowed to derail the nation.
McCaughey's schtick, as described by James Fallows, is to pose as a disinterested, objective researcher who is just shocked and dismayed to find something insane and evil in a piece of legislation supported by a Democratic president.
And then she sits down to write a very serious and nonpartisan and concerned piece of analysis of this evil thing in the legislation that she made up. And then some respectable outlet publishes her serious analysis. And then, within minutes, partisan Republican columnists, talk radio hosts, politicians, and operatives are disseminating talking points taken directly from that serious piece of entirely made-up bullshit analysis.
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive...
Okay then, how about the Associated Press? Is there any news source that is credible to you?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/medicare-...

Or how about a CNN video saying the exact same thing?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2012/10/1...

Maybe it's possible you're just dead wrong and refuse to admit it?
carol

Orlando, FL

#770539 Oct 13, 2012
Sorry, posted wrong website.

Obama's principal authority on Medicare and Medicaid spending, Richard Foster's, warning to Congress about Obamacare as reported by the Associated Press.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/medicare-...
carol

Miami, FL

#770541 Oct 13, 2012
Now I know how Jesus felt, dragging the heavy cross up the cobbled streets as the locals poured urine on him and reached out and slapped his testicles. This is what I meant to say.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/medicare-... ...
carol

Miami, FL

#770542 Oct 13, 2012
I know I'm wasting my time but gotta keep trying...(trying sounds) Oh, there it is! I knew I had a clitoris down there somewhere! Well, almost Sunday, plenty of time for more misery and self-denial as I get ready to go and confess, though I have no idea what I'm going to say?
Stop The Hate

Woodbridge, VA

#770543 Oct 13, 2012
Did you guys hear anything about a shot was fired through a window at Obama Campaign office?

If this is true, that is not right, even if the man is for abortion, and you think he is dummer than a bag of hammers, and not fit to be our President. this does not give anyone the right to do something like this. Hurting/killing a man, or another adult in that office, is just as bad as hurting or killing a baby by abortion. If you don't like Obama, just don't vote for him.
Jimmy hoffa

Los Angeles, CA

#770544 Oct 13, 2012
Would SOMEBODY get this driveway off my face?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#770545 Oct 13, 2012
Well Liberals/Democrats would tell you it isn’t so!! Rationing Begins: States Limiting Drug Prescriptions for Medicaid Patients!! Doctors Shortages will lead to “A shortage of primary-care and other physicians could mean more-limited access to health care and longer wait times for patients," the people the Liberals claim to have compassion for will be most affected!!
Jimmy hoffa

Los Angeles, CA

#770546 Oct 13, 2012
Well, it's not a pyramid, but at least it's a monumental concrete structure and it was done well. I comfort myself by realizing that Ronald Reagan is buried in concrete.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#770547 Oct 13, 2012
"Palm Beach, Fla.(CBS TAMPA)– The Florida State Board of Education passed a plan that sets goals for students in math and reading based upon their race.
On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post."

Sorry blacks, Florida liberal teachers say you're the dumbest 'race' out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 min Doug77 6,402
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min JRB 196,907
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 54,496
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ariel Sharon 70,157
abby 8-28=15 6 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 7
Amy 8-28-15 6 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr and I am Len Oconnor 100,628
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages