Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#770348 Oct 12, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>wealthy seniors don't have to worry
Actually, they don't, do they?

They can afford the best plan with the best coverage without needing government subsidies.

That's the whole point.

But it's having a choice between less coverage but with full government subsidies or choosing an affordable plan with less government subsidies but better coverage.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770349 Oct 12, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan did not specify the “loopholes” he would close to pay for the deficit, so we have no idea about the dollar values of the specific loopholes. That’s the missing math.
I should have also emphasized that while loopholes being closed means the wealthy will pay more in taxes and with more people working, the government will take in more revenues...also the Romney/Ryan administration will tackle the waste and duplication in government, cut back on spending to what is absolutely necessary and will allow states to take care of their own specific needs without the federal government micromanaging everything and everyone. Another way capitalism works when it's done right.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770350 Oct 12, 2012
Well, anyway, just wanted to pop in for a minute before calling it a day.

Night all.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770351 Oct 12, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you wanna increase gov revenue ?? Isn't our gov rich enough ?? I though republicans are for small gov yet you want to increase its revenue ?
Government revenue is the income of a government from all sources used to pay for a nation's expenses.

If the government doesn't receive enough revenue, we have to keep borrowing more money.

Increasing revenue is the whole point. It's not the same as making government bigger.

The more people working and paying taxes, the more revenue the government takes in, the more it can pay its expense, the less money it has to borrow and the more it can decrease the deficit.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#770352 Oct 12, 2012
US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>it's a fact . If Iran gets her nuke the whole of Middle East would be much much stable .
Let me guess, you're just a average Joe from the middle east side.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#770353 Oct 12, 2012
Ron Paul Refuses to Endorse Romney - CNBC 10/11/2012

carol

Orlando, FL

#770354 Oct 12, 2012
It also works better when people can keep more of their own money. They not only spend more to keep the economy going but many give more too.

But there has to be jobs and government incentives for businesses to hire instead of cutting back and firing like they are now.

Another reason to vote Romney/Ryan.

Okay, night.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#770355 Oct 12, 2012
obamas_half_bro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ifa u aaa teata sucka bobo
(TEAT sucklers likrle u don't need tie worry either!)
Googa boooga fruity loomie
(Go eat a 4 pk of tigghty-whitey's!)
good gawd
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#770357 Oct 12, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you're just a average Joe from the middle east side.
i have as much respect for muslims as .. well for other none Americans who don't celebrate Christmas if you catching my drift .

Chicago, IL

#770358 Oct 12, 2012
Mormon Church wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you carols husband?
are you a cult member ??
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770359 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden said "Mitt Romney said let Detroit go bankrupt, period."
FACT: Romney wrote an article in the NY Times saying, "The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.
In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19r...
The New York Times took the liberty to title it misleadingly.
Left myth: GM did not go bankrupt.

Yes, they did. What the US government did was insert itself the chapter 11 reorganization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_C...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#770361 Oct 12, 2012
Another Left myth- this is a dumb one usually by lily hyperventilating about underwear.

Left Myth: ALL Mormons wear a special undergarment.

False. Only Mormons married in the Tabernacle in Salt Lake City are given the right to wear this temple undergarment. Other members of the church not married there wear regular undergarments.

Mitt and Ann were married at Ann's house. So, lily stop worrying about their underwear.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#770362 Oct 12, 2012
US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>i have as much respect for muslims as .. well for other none Americans who don't celebrate Christmas if you catching my drift .
I find that difficult to believe, if you catching mine.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#770363 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Government revenue is the income of a government from all sources used to pay for a nation's expenses.
If the government doesn't receive enough revenue, we have to keep borrowing more money.
Increasing revenue is the whole point. It's not the same as making government bigger.
The more people working and paying taxes, the more revenue the government takes in, the more it can pay its expense, the less money it has to borrow and the more it can decrease the deficit.
My guess is that [Romney-R is 4 the rich] is at about 8th Grade level and trying to break into adulthood prematurely.

He needs to stay in the oven for another 15-20 years before hitting Prime Time.

Chicago, IL

#770364 Oct 12, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that difficult to believe, if you catching mine.
how about this ....

may allah and every muslim be under my shoe .. LOL

Chicago, IL

#770365 Oct 12, 2012
You think only muslims don't want our hard earned money to be just given away to israel >?

YOU WRONG !

Americans are waking up! America for Americans FIRST !!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#770366 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can rest assured that if the loopholes are closed on the wealthy, they will be paying more in taxes. And with more people working again and having more money to spend under the Romney/Ryan administration, the government will also take in more revenues including the wealthy paying more in taxes. See how capitalism works when it's done right?
Actually, no, that’s not how budgets are done. Speculating there will be chickens and then counting them before they hatch is either wishful thinking or a “bill of goods.” All that glitters is not gold. The Ryan budget just doesn’t, nor could it possibly, add up without any numbers. Arithmetic requires numbers.

Chicago, IL

#770367 Oct 13, 2012
Trillions of American money is given away to Israel so Israel can commit holocaust upon Palestinian Christians ..

Those $$$ should be spend on Americans not Jews in Israel !!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#770368 Oct 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have also emphasized that while loopholes being closed means the wealthy will pay more in taxes and with more people working, the government will take in more revenues...also the Romney/Ryan administration will tackle the waste and duplication in government, cut back on spending to what is absolutely necessary and will allow states to take care of their own specific needs without the federal government micromanaging everything and everyone. Another way capitalism works when it's done right.
Again, doing the math means demonstrating with number values that increased revenues from closing loopholes will be sufficient to offset debits. Accounting is not based on faith in the validity of a theory. While you may be confident that billions of dollars will result from trickle-down economics (that’s why it’s called voodoo economics), your confidence doesn’t constitute a substitute for formal logic (math). No bank would approve a loan based solely on borrower confidence.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#770369 Oct 13, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, doing the math means demonstrating with number values that increased revenues from closing loopholes will be sufficient to offset debits. Accounting is not based on faith in the validity of a theory. While you may be confident that billions of dollars will result from trickle-down economics (that’s why it’s called voodoo economics), your confidence doesn’t constitute a substitute for formal logic (math). No bank would approve a loan based solely on borrower confidence.
Nor do businesses hire employees on vague promises of "Hope and Change" as evidenced by the last four years.

"Forward"? Forward to what,$6 trillion more on the Nat'll Debt? Jobwise, that one won't even add one sweeper to the third shift.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Check1223 51,553
cattle ranchers 4 hr SUSAN PAGE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr wojar 185,099
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 7 hr swedenforever 54,547
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ratloder 69,133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr Non _cents 5,726
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr Non _cents 5,079
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:57PM