Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
714,481 - 714,500 of 1,100,243 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#769973 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before, or after.....
Mitt Romney’s comment that Russia is America’s “No. 1 geopolitical foe,” a red-meat line for Republicans, is also attracting some attention in Moscow.
Alexey Pushkov, chairman of the international affairs committee of the State Duma, said in a recent interview that Russian leaders have noted Romney’s comments with concern, and are watching with interest as neoconservative and “realist” advisers maneuver for influence within the campaign.
“We don’t think that for us Romney will be an easy partner,” said Pushkov, an ally of President Vladimir Putin.“We think that Romney will be, on the rhetorical side, a replay of the Bush administration.”
He also noted Romney’s statements that the United States should assert its dominance in the 21st century.
“If he is serious about this, I’m afraid he may choose the neocon-type people…In the first year of his presidency, we may have a full-scale crisis,” he said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-ru...
I wish it were possible to silence Mitt Romney from interfering with our international relations? As a candidate, he has no official status as a shaper of U.S. policy, yet he has consistently demonstrated a knack for messing up to alienate foreign governments. We can’t afford to continue giving him free reign for another month. Pandering to the raw red meat base does not work well on the world stage. He should just be our own little (or possibly big) embarrassment.
Mile

Anonymous Proxy

#769974 Oct 12, 2012
When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.

Deuter. 25: 11-12
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#769975 Oct 12, 2012
yepperz wrote:
For weeks many Beltway
It was oncesaid, its better to let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it to them. Same thing goes for posting on Topix, SFB
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#769976 Oct 12, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your party is the one that believes every crazy conspiracy story that Fox reports.
Sorry, I don't watch Fox News. Maybe you can answer a question for me: Why didn't Obama know that the death of the ambassador of Libya was the result of a terrorist attack and had nothing to do with the video that he tried to blame?
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

#769977 Oct 12, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stinky ass is a dirty bomb.
I think that is why she uses other women's pictures, and say she looks like them, she knows this too! LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#769978 Oct 12, 2012
Time to fly
So bye bye
Have a good weekend all!
Go Mountaineers!!!
Damn JR!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#769979 Oct 12, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how the quote started, please pay attention
" “That Mr. Romney considers us enemy number one"
What did the rest of it say?
Mile

Anonymous Proxy

#769980 Oct 12, 2012
Then because of the dire straights to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

Deuter. 28:53

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#769981 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sure do. You have any idea how big a boom 50 megatons is?
You do realize that Bibi's Roadrunner cartoon graphic is not what a 50 megaton nuclear bomb is really going to look or work like? You can't just light the fuse?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#769982 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it was the fleas on the rats.
Actually it was the bacteria or virus that was being carried by the fleas.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#769983 Oct 12, 2012
In a much replayed moment from Thursday night's debate, Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan tussled over whether it was mathematically possible for Mitt Romney to cut tax rates by 20 percent and not add to the deficit. Ryan claimed that it could be done by eliminating unspecified loopholes and deductions, and said that history had demonstrated that such a plan was workable, citing President John Kennedy.

Biden challenged him, arguing that no such thing had ever happened.

In a rare moment of bipartisan accord, Romney himself agrees with Biden's assertion.

"Let's look at history. My plan is not like anything that's been tried before," Romney said at last week's presidential debate.

Ryan argued Thursday that their tax plan is workable. "You can cut tax rates by 20 percent and still preserve important preferences for middle-income taxpayers," he said.

"Not mathematically possible," Biden responded.

"It is mathematically possible," Ryan said. "It's been done before. It's precisely what Republicans are saying ..."

"It has never been done before," Biden interjected.

"It's been done a couple of times," said Ryan.

"It has never been done before," said Biden.

"Jack Kennedy lowered tax rates and increased growth. Ronald Reagan ...," Ryan offered, before Biden cut him off to say, "Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy."

"This is amazing," Biden said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/bide...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#769984 Oct 12, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
A Topix poster? Give me a break. You think that Topix posters think any religious view is off-limits? You stand corrected again.
Are you really so blind that you haven't Mitt's Mormanism brought up in other places?
dim

Quincy, MA

#769985 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have a chicken little here.
He is making chili for the emperor of New Mexico.
Thread fool, post #62 today.
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#769986 Oct 12, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, we have a real hater here.
Just because i'm pro American not Israel it doesn't mean i'm a hater .

Typical Jewish response . Dare to say anything negative about israel and or cunning jews ,automatically you called a hater .

Thank you for not using holocaust card ...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#769988 Oct 12, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>It was oncesaid, its better to let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it to them. Same thing goes for posting on Topix, SFB.
You're one of those who should have ignored it. Did you even read it? You can read can't you? Or is that also over your head?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#769989 Oct 12, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are concered with the male genitalia...you'll understand more once your nuts actually drop...
If anyone would know about that,

It would definitely be you, nut gobbler!

LOL

LOL

LOL

laugh! laugh! laugh! Mitt Romney's little btttttch!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#769990 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
Time to fly
So bye bye
Have a good weekend all!
Go Mountaineers!!!
Damn JR!!!
Have a great weekend! Watch out for falling 50 megaton bombs!
Mile

Anonymous Proxy

#769991 Oct 12, 2012
Then Saul said, "Thus shall you say to David,'The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king's enemies.'"

1 Sam. 18: 25-27

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769992 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....Putin doesn’t actually want a “hard-line conservative in the White House.” Putin distrusts the U.S. because he believes that the Bush administration behaved in an ungrateful and untrustworthy fashion in the previous decade, and U.S.-Russian relations improved as much as they did because the current administration seemed to be more reliable. U.S.-Russian relations reached their lowest point in the last twenty years in no small part because of a “more active U.S. policy” toward the Middle East, the South Caucasus, and central Europe. Putin might be willing to deal with a more hard-line American President, but only so long as it this translated into tangible gains for Russia. Provided that the hard-liner was willing to live up to his end of the bargain, there could be some room for agreement, but there isn’t any. Since Romney’s Russia policy is essentially to never make any deals with the current Russian government, Putin doesn’t have much of an incentive to cooperate. That will guarantee that U.S.-Russian relations will deteriorate much more than they have in the last year.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
That's funny. President Bush and Putin had a good working relationship. He respected Bush as a worthy adversary. This crap you put up there is assinine. Putin thinks O'bama is a worm-an Amateur. He thinks even less of Hillary.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#769993 Oct 12, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so blind that you haven't Mitt's Mormanism brought up in other places?
I stand for freedom of religion. I don't think that anyone's religious beliefs should be allowed to be questioned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dale 177,398
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min gcaveman1 46,320
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 33 min edogxxx 97,935
Abby 8-30 36 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 36 min Jonah1 49,505
Amy 8-30 40 min edogxxx 1
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••