Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279007 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#769996 Oct 12, 2012
Everyone in this administration has their hands in the air, "No one knew!!", "No one told us we needed more security!!" You know, this is also a universal sign of surrender.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#769997 Oct 12, 2012
Liberals and sounding like Harry Reid...

"Michael Moore: Americans Won’t Call Themselves Liberals ‘Because We All Sound Like Harry Reid’"

http://cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/michael...
Mile

Anonymous Proxy

#769998 Oct 12, 2012
No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the assembly of God.

Deuter. 23:1

“We're doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#769999 Oct 12, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"leosampleanus"
Why do you not comment on president nobama claiming the attack on our embassy was the result of a video? You forgot that fact?
Peace
KMA
At the White House, spokesman Jay Carney responded Friday by saying Biden's remarks on Libya correctly reflected that any requests for diplomatic security are handled by the State Department. According to Carney, Obama and Biden were unaware of the specific requests mentioned at the House Oversight Committee hearing.

Biden "certainly was aware" of the congressional testimony when he responded to questions at the debate, which showed that the vice president was referring to himself and Obama in saying that they didn't know about the request for more security, Carney said.

The White House spokesman also repeated earlier assertions that there was no "actual intelligence" beforehand indicating that a terrorist attack on the Benghazi compound was imminent, and noted a formal State Department review was underway.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#770000 Oct 12, 2012
A Black Woman's Voice: Abortion Hurts our Community
End the Ignorance Now!
By Michele Jackson
It is impossible to become energized to fix a problem if you do not know it exists. Many Black Americans do not know that over 1.3 million babies are dying from abortion each year. They do not know that about 34% of those dying are Black babies, meaning some 440,000 Black children die by abortion each year. Many Black Americans perceive abortion as a political fight, something having little to do with their daily lives. They could not be more wrong. We must make our community see abortion as a problem in our homes. Otherwise how can we ask that abortion be put on the agenda of critical problems to fix within the Black community? How can we call it a genocide or a manifestation of white supremacist thinking, as we call drugs in our community, if it is not common knowledge that abortion has killed nearly 12 million Black babies since the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision? In other words, those of us who know the truth about the enormous destructiveness of abortion have a special obligation to make abortion not an abstraction but something intensely personal to the less informed.
The problem of drugs in the Black community is personal. Many of us know the men and women dying from and being destroyed by drugs. They are not just statistics to us. They are not somebody else's problem. They are part of our families. They have connections in the community and we have a leadership grappling for ways to solve the drug problem.

The aborted baby dies a violent death before even being allowed to come into the world; typically we do not even know her name. Her mother often suffers the loss of her child in lonely silence. Her family might not even know the woman was pregnant and that a relative had existed and was killed. Our community has never gotten the chance to feel these losses consciously and collectively. Also our media-appointed national leadership has treated the problem of abortion by consistently advocating policies that increase the number of abortions.

However, the women suffering abortion in silence, and their dead children, are a part of our community in staggering numbers. We have the job of rallying the community to stop the killing of our children. We have the job of rallying the community to find better solutions to pregnancy than killing the baby, than pitting mother against child.

But government and health care policies often discourage Black women from choosing life for their babies. Our nation's policies are often based on the premise that Black people's poverty is caused by their reproduction. Blaming the birthrate for poverty ignores the political, social, economic, and individual reasons for people being poor.

The public funding of abortion advocacy groups at a time of drastic cuts in welfare spending is particularly significant. This willingness to facilitate abortion for poor women, who are disproportionately Black, but not to address their basic needs, is strong evidence that much of the government is more interested in population reduction than in improving poor women's welfare. Government funding of organizations such as Planned Parenthood, one of the nation's largest providers of abortion clinics, reinforces the beliefs that the "solution" to Black poverty is to curb Black reproduction, that the fertility of Black women is fearsome, and that Black women do not deserve to be mothers.

American culture, unfortunately, upholds no popular image of a Black mother tenderly nurturing her child. Instead America has been bombarded with the image of the Black matriarch who demoralizes Black men and transmits a pathological lifestyle to her children, perpetuating poverty and antisocial behavior from one generation to the next.

Advocates of abortion told us in the 1970s that legalized abortion would dramatically reduce poverty and extend the rights of women.Years
later,with 20 Million Black children dead!!
blackgenocide.com .

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#770001 Oct 12, 2012
we give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago sucks
Cubs suck
White Socks suck
Bears suck
The worst city i have been up to date is Chicago .The MidWestern rednecks are repulsive
Where you live boy... 37th & Shields??

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#770002 Oct 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that Bibi's Roadrunner cartoon graphic is not what a 50 megaton nuclear bomb is really going to look or work like? You can't just light the fuse?
Come on Melvin! Really?!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#770003 Oct 12, 2012
Mile wrote:
Then Saul said, "Thus shall you say to David,'The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king's enemies.'"
1 Sam. 18: 25-27
Sounds reasonable.

Location hidden

#770004 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe said, I wish I could show you the letters he wrote requesting stimulus funds! They're on my website.
I never asked for stimulus,” Mitt Romney’s new running mate said.“I don’t recall… so I really can’t comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn’t work, it didn’t work.”
Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ’s NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he “accepted any money” into his district. Ryan said he did not.
“I’m not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money,” the congressman answered.
But as we’ve now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/...
"silly"
And Ryan's constituents are happy. If they are going to be taxed to pay the stimulus bill they should sure as hell get some of the benefits. After all it is their monies.
Peace

Location hidden

#770005 Oct 12, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone would know about that,
It would definitely be you, nut gobbler!
LOL
LOL
LOL
laugh! laugh! laugh! Mitt Romney's little btttttch!
You made clear your curiosity with male genitalia...not me...

Schlurp away homo...
Mile

Burnley, UK

#770007 Oct 12, 2012
Why would someone use my alias?

Stinks of desperation!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#770008 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Ryan argued Thursday that their tax plan is workable. "You can cut tax rates by 20 percent and still preserve important preferences for middle-income taxpayers," he said.
"Not mathematically possible," Biden responded.
"It is mathematically possible," Ryan said. "It's been done before. It's precisely what Republicans are saying ..."
"It has never been done before," Biden interjected.
"It's been done a couple of times," said Ryan.
"It has never been done before," said Biden.
"Jack Kennedy lowered tax rates and increased growth. Ronald Reagan ...," Ryan offered, before Biden cut him off to say, "Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy."
"This is amazing," Biden said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/bide...
Yeah..."amazing" would be how I'd describe how ignorant your racist VP is.

Princeton Economist: The Math Behind Romney's Tax Plan Adds Up

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/princeton...

+++++

JFK speech on tax cuts

As to the JFK speech, there's not a single Obama democrat that would agree with its content.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#770009 Oct 12, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so blind that you haven't Mitt's Mormanism brought up in other places?
Romney’s professed religion is not the problem, it’s his lack of substance. Who knows what he actually stands for, if anything? Trying to get a straight answer from him is like trying to catch the greased pig at Kentucky’s Laurel County Fair. Soo-wee!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#770010 Oct 12, 2012
Mile wrote:
Stinks of desperation!
It'the low class thread fool, dem.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#770011 Oct 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that Bibi's Roadrunner cartoon graphic is not what a 50 megaton nuclear bomb is really going to look or work like? You can't just light the fuse?
Do you realize a nuclear devise can be strapped to a Democrat's ass, and still kill thousands of people?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#770012 Oct 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>According to Carney, Obama and Biden were unaware of the specific requests mentioned at the House Oversight Committee hearing.
Biden: "Hey, none of us knew that the Benghazi consulate wanted more security!"

Update: CBS News: Biden’s got some clean-up to do on Libya;

Update: White House: "No, really, we had no idea!"

What an embarrassing bunch of clowns.

This was easily the most disturbing moment of the entire debate — so much so that media outlets like the Washington Post and BuzzFeed immediately published rebuttals to Joe Biden’s claim at the end of the debate. When Martha Raddatz opened the event by talking about Libya, Paul Ryan hammered the Obama administration for not heeding the calls for better security in an area where everyone knew that al-Qaeda and other radical Islamist terror networks had grown significantly since Obama and NATO decapitated the Qaddafi regime. Biden’s defense? Claim ignorance:

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/12/biden-h...
dim

Quincy, MA

#770013 Oct 12, 2012
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney says Vice President Joe Biden was speaking 'directly for himself and for the president' when he denied knowledge of Libyan embassy security requests — despite testimony suggesting the contrary.

Who are the liars? It's either liars or bumbling fools. I suspect both in the case of Obama/Biden.

Location hidden

#770014 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
What the fk did you say again?
"dim"
If you had afucking brain it would be clear. You are a racist idiot.
Peace
KMA
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#770015 Oct 12, 2012
Mile wrote:
Stinks of desperation!
Stinks like "dem" is more accurate.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#770016 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that to Californians who were tracking not only water borne radioactivity but airborne as well. This was from plants in Japan. A 50 megaton blast off the west coast would radiate the whole country.
I think Fukushima was one of the worse cover-ups in the history of the world. And yet it still rages on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min District 1 197,214
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 1 hr El Diablo 13
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 54,626
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr David Morrison 100,682
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,449
abby 9-4-15 9 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr Red_Forman 5,431
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages