Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521960 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

obamas_half_bro

Blanchard, OK

#770340 Oct 12, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you wanna increase gov revenue ?? Isn't our gov rich enough ?? I though republicans are for small gov yet you want to increase its revenue ?
Booga googa looga
(It cost a fortune to pay for nut washing)

Teeny weenie weenie liberalini
(Liberal men have small balls!)

Munee munee munee munee
(Liberals make a fortune outta sniffing underwear!)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#770342 Oct 12, 2012
Joe Biden blew it.
But it's going to take a few days for that to become clear.
For all the energy the vice president showed at the Kentucky debate -- and God knows his ticket needed it -- his "Saturday Night Live"-skit performance Thursday night obscured anything of substance said on stage -- other than his charge that the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, never asked for more security, which appears to be untrue.

The Benghazi controversy is getting more serious by the day. The Obama administration has a real problem there, and the vice president carelessly fed it more questions.

There is no question that Thursday night was the "Joe Biden Show." For the Obama campaign, that's the problem.

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/columnists/bil...

therawtruth 7 hours ago
its a shame that the person who is 2nd in charge of our country could look into the camera and LIE to the people of the United States. He claimed that he and Obama received bad info about Benghazi from others but isn't it true that the others were all appointed by this administration. Looks like a duck sounds like a duck its a duck---looks like a liar sounds like a liar its a shameful vice president
obamas_half_bro

Blanchard, OK

#770343 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>what up with homosexual connotations ?? It seems you know all about sucking dicks and whatnot ..
yeah , being baptized and going to church for over 20 MAKES YOU CHRISTIAN you fcking 1/2 wit
Shoobie smoke a doobie
(Im obamas kin...homo come natural)

Ima goi ng ou tta onnna lem
(Accepting Jesus is the essence of Christian belief, not sittung n racist preacher church)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#770344 Oct 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Joe Biden blew it.
But it's going to take a few days for that to become clear.
For all the energy the vice president showed at the Kentucky debate -- and God knows his ticket needed it -- his "Saturday Night Live"-skit performance Thursday night obscured anything of substance said on stage -- other than his charge that the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, never asked for more security, which appears to be untrue.
The Benghazi controversy is getting more serious by the day. The Obama administration has a real problem there, and the vice president carelessly fed it more questions.
There is no question that Thursday night was the "Joe Biden Show." For the Obama campaign, that's the problem.
http://www.newsday.com/opinion/columnists/bil...
therawtruth 7 hours ago
its a shame that the person who is 2nd in charge of our country could look into the camera and LIE to the people of the United States. He claimed that he and Obama received bad info about Benghazi from others but isn't it true that the others were all appointed by this administration. Looks like a duck sounds like a duck its a duck---looks like a liar sounds like a liar its a shameful vice president
"He claimed that he and Obama received bad info about Benghazi from others but.....", you wrote.

This is true. The Big Mouth VP claims that he and the Jerk-In-Chief received bad Intelligence about Libyan Security but he later on yells at Ryan that our Intelligence says Iran doesn't yet have Nuclear capability. "That's a fact!", he says.

So, bad intelligence about security in Libya but good Intelligence in Iran, hey, Joe Blow? Pick and choose which Intelligence you want, Idiot-With-The White-Teeth-And-Big-Mouth.

This man has no business being VP of the United States of America. He belongs in a Used Car Lot in lower Manhattan.
obamas_half_bro

Blanchard, OK

#770345 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>wealthy seniors don't have to worry
Ifa u aaa teata sucka bobo
(TEAT sucklers likrle u don't need tie worry either!)

Googa boooga fruity loomie
(Go eat a 4 pk of tigghty-whitey's!)
carol

Orlando, FL

#770346 Oct 12, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden made a Fool of himself in several ways. This is but one. He claimed that Obamacare will not force anybody to go against their religious beliefs at any hospital. Well, gee wiz, Hair-Plug Joe, why are religious groups in court suing your wonderful administration and what for? Bishops today took out full-page newspaper ads knocking the idiot VP for his lying in the debate. Also, the administration is desperately trying to distance themselves from Biden's embarrassing debate remarks that he and the President had no idea about the security risks and requests at that Libyan Consulate. Yep, Hair-Plug Joe just made one of the most inept administrations in American history look even more inept. But the Lying Liberal Media believes Biden won the debate last night.
Martha whats-her-name-radditz was useless studio flotsam while Big Mouth Biden cut off Ryan's allotted times for response over one hundred times. Big Mouth Biden played to the cameras like he was in purview of a Chimpanzee Exhibit's Security Camera.
Washington Post - Fact Check: Biden Goes A Bit Far On Birth Control - 10/11/12:

The Obama Administration Has Yet To Come Up With An Accommodation For Religious Groups So That They Will Not Pay For Contraceptive Coverage.

The Obama administration said in March that it will come up with an accommodation for religiously affiliated employers that self-insure, but it has not yet decided how to handle that seven months later.

...So basically, Joe insisting his claim was "a fact" was another falsehood.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770348 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>wealthy seniors don't have to worry
Actually, they don't, do they?

They can afford the best plan with the best coverage without needing government subsidies.

That's the whole point.

But it's having a choice between less coverage but with full government subsidies or choosing an affordable plan with less government subsidies but better coverage.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770349 Oct 12, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan did not specify the “loopholes” he would close to pay for the deficit, so we have no idea about the dollar values of the specific loopholes. That’s the missing math.
I should have also emphasized that while loopholes being closed means the wealthy will pay more in taxes and with more people working, the government will take in more revenues...also the Romney/Ryan administration will tackle the waste and duplication in government, cut back on spending to what is absolutely necessary and will allow states to take care of their own specific needs without the federal government micromanaging everything and everyone. Another way capitalism works when it's done right.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770350 Oct 12, 2012
Well, anyway, just wanted to pop in for a minute before calling it a day.

Night all.
carol

Orlando, FL

#770351 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
why would you wanna increase gov revenue ?? Isn't our gov rich enough ?? I though republicans are for small gov yet you want to increase its revenue ?
Government revenue is the income of a government from all sources used to pay for a nation's expenses.

If the government doesn't receive enough revenue, we have to keep borrowing more money.

Increasing revenue is the whole point. It's not the same as making government bigger.

The more people working and paying taxes, the more revenue the government takes in, the more it can pay its expense, the less money it has to borrow and the more it can decrease the deficit.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#770352 Oct 12, 2012
US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>it's a fact . If Iran gets her nuke the whole of Middle East would be much much stable .
Let me guess, you're just a average Joe from the middle east side.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#770353 Oct 12, 2012
Ron Paul Refuses to Endorse Romney - CNBC 10/11/2012

carol

Orlando, FL

#770354 Oct 12, 2012
It also works better when people can keep more of their own money. They not only spend more to keep the economy going but many give more too.

But there has to be jobs and government incentives for businesses to hire instead of cutting back and firing like they are now.

Another reason to vote Romney/Ryan.

Okay, night.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#770355 Oct 12, 2012
obamas_half_bro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ifa u aaa teata sucka bobo
(TEAT sucklers likrle u don't need tie worry either!)
Googa boooga fruity loomie
(Go eat a 4 pk of tigghty-whitey's!)
good gawd
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#770357 Oct 12, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you're just a average Joe from the middle east side.
i have as much respect for muslims as .. well for other none Americans who don't celebrate Christmas if you catching my drift .
US give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#770358 Oct 12, 2012
Mormon Church wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you carols husband?
are you a cult member ??
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#770359 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden said "Mitt Romney said let Detroit go bankrupt, period."
FACT: Romney wrote an article in the NY Times saying, "The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.
In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19r...
The New York Times took the liberty to title it misleadingly.
Left myth: GM did not go bankrupt.

Yes, they did. What the US government did was insert itself the chapter 11 reorganization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_C...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#770361 Oct 12, 2012
Another Left myth- this is a dumb one usually by lily hyperventilating about underwear.

Left Myth: ALL Mormons wear a special undergarment.

False. Only Mormons married in the Tabernacle in Salt Lake City are given the right to wear this temple undergarment. Other members of the church not married there wear regular undergarments.

Mitt and Ann were married at Ann's house. So, lily stop worrying about their underwear.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#770362 Oct 12, 2012
US give 3rillion 2 Israel wrote:
<quoted text>i have as much respect for muslims as .. well for other none Americans who don't celebrate Christmas if you catching my drift .
I find that difficult to believe, if you catching mine.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#770363 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Government revenue is the income of a government from all sources used to pay for a nation's expenses.
If the government doesn't receive enough revenue, we have to keep borrowing more money.
Increasing revenue is the whole point. It's not the same as making government bigger.
The more people working and paying taxes, the more revenue the government takes in, the more it can pay its expense, the less money it has to borrow and the more it can decrease the deficit.
My guess is that [Romney-R is 4 the rich] is at about 8th Grade level and trying to break into adulthood prematurely.

He needs to stay in the oven for another 15-20 years before hitting Prime Time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 240,354
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 16 min SENIORS READ-THIS 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min RACE 105,131
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 22 min OUTLAW-HALAL-FOODS 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min RACE 10,582
Scary Obituary 28 min DITTTTTTTTOS 11
News Why Aren't There More Gender-Neutral, Trans-Fri... 2 hr max 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages