Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Democratic USA

United States

#767680 Oct 10, 2012
Ben Afflact Ins wrote:
<quoted text>
What has Obama done that you would give him full support?
he got bin-laden killed, supported gay marriage, repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" ,supports abortion, and stopped the deficit from skyrocketing even higher by taxing the wealthiest, those are good reasons for him to get my vote. Nuff said.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767681 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, your eyes should be brown.
This is pathetic as
Obama Exploiting Big Bird
Glen Doherty described meeting Rmoney as "pathetic and comical".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#767682 Oct 10, 2012
what to look foward to if Romney gets elected.

LETTER: Mitt Romney's Massachusetts Record of Failure

Under Romney, Massachusetts plummeted to 47th out of 50 in job creation and manufacturing jobs fell at twice the national average, the third-worst record in the country. As jobs disappeared, hundreds of thousands of people left the state. Romney also raised taxes and fees on Massachusetts residents more than 1000 times. When he left office, the tax burden had gone up by $1,200 per person.

http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles/letter-m...

5 Facts About the Massachusetts Economy Under Mitt Romney

1) Ranked 47th in job growth

2) Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation

3) Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs

4) Experienced “below average” economic growth and was “often near the bottom”

5) Piled on more debt than any other state

http://www.nationofchange.org/5-facts-about-m...
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767683 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Barbara Doherty, mother of slain Navy Seal Glen Doherty has demanded that Rmoney stop using her son's name in his speeches. "I don't trust Romney", she was quoted as saying. "I want him to stop politicizing my son's death".
I think it is rather sad that she said that considering what Romney actually said.

Mitt Romney is often described as too stiff, lacking any sense of humor, and “out of touch” with the “average” American. On Tuesday, however, the Republican nominee continued to show new depths to his character while giving a moving speech about one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the attack on our consulate in Benghazi last month.

The speech began with a humorous anecdote, but just a few minutes later made Romney choke up as explained how he once met the SEAL, confirmed by the campaign as Glen Doherty. The whole thing ended with a mark of patriotism, and a reminder of how America is needed in the world.

Beginning with an account of how the Romney family was invited to a neighborhood party through a letter in the mail, Romney explained how– though they didn’t originally intend to go– they changed their minds after seeing all the lights and cars just across the street.

He related what a good time they had, how they were fed and met new people, before saying with laughter:“Turns out this wasn’t the neighborhood party…This was a family, having a party with their friends.”

At that party, though, Mitt Romney was able to meet a man from his home state of Massachusetts, a former Navy SEAL.

“You can imagine how I felt out when I found out he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi on September 11,” he continued, choking up,“and it touched me, obviously, when I recognized this young man that I thought was so impressive lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women.”

Romney continued, saying he heard Doherty and his colleagues were actually across town when the violence began.

“They didn’t hunker down where they were in safety – they rushed there to go help,” Romney concluded with emotion.“This is the American way – we go where there’s trouble. We go where we’re needed. And right now we’re needed– right now, the American people need us.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767684 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it was Obama's "superb planning and brilliant strategic skills?????????? LMAO
The successful mission was planned for months by President Obama and his military advisors.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767685 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it was Obama's "superb planning and brilliant strategic skills?????????? LMAO
It must be the altitude!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767686 Oct 10, 2012
Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> he got bin-laden killed, supported gay marriage, repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" ,supports abortion, and stopped the deficit from skyrocketing even higher by taxing the wealthiest, those are good reasons for him to get my vote. Nuff said.
During his second term he's going to get rid of all these guns. It's time for Americans to break their addiction to deadly firearms.
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - MAKING AMERICA A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE!!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767687 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is rather sad that she said that considering what Romney actually said.
Mitt Romney is often described as too stiff, lacking any sense of humor, and “out of touch” with the “average” American. On Tuesday, however, the Republican nominee continued to show new depths to his character while giving a moving speech about one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the attack on our consulate in Benghazi last month.
The speech began with a humorous anecdote, but just a few minutes later made Romney choke up as explained how he once met the SEAL, confirmed by the campaign as Glen Doherty. The whole thing ended with a mark of patriotism, and a reminder of how America is needed in the world.
Beginning with an account of how the Romney family was invited to a neighborhood party through a letter in the mail, Romney explained how– though they didn’t originally intend to go– they changed their minds after seeing all the lights and cars just across the street.
He related what a good time they had, how they were fed and met new people, before saying with laughter:“Turns out this wasn’t the neighborhood party…This was a family, having a party with their friends.”
At that party, though, Mitt Romney was able to meet a man from his home state of Massachusetts, a former Navy SEAL.
“You can imagine how I felt out when I found out he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi on September 11,” he continued, choking up,“and it touched me, obviously, when I recognized this young man that I thought was so impressive lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women.”
Romney continued, saying he heard Doherty and his colleagues were actually across town when the violence began.
“They didn’t hunker down where they were in safety – they rushed there to go help,” Romney concluded with emotion.“This is the American way – we go where there’s trouble. We go where we’re needed. And right now we’re needed– right now, the American people need us.
Once again..Glen Doherty described meeting Romney as "pathetic and comical".
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767688 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The successful mission was planned for months by President Obama and his military advisors.
The key words here are: "and his military advisors". Obama didn't do it alone.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767690 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
During his second term he's going to get rid of all these guns. It's time for Americans to break their addiction to deadly firearms.
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - MAKING AMERICA A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE!!
Is he planning to give more guns to the Mexican drug lords?
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767691 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The successful mission was planned for months by President Obama and his military advisors.
You have to be kidding!!! He barely knew what was going on!!!!!!!

President Obama is touting his foreign policy experience on the campaign trail, but startling new statistics suggest that national security has not necessarily been the personal priority the president makes it out to be. It turns out that more than half the time, the commander in chief does not attend his daily intelligence meeting.

The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB)— the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767692 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again..Glen Doherty described meeting Romney as "pathetic and comical".
So what? Doesn't change what he said!!! I think Obama is "pathetic and comical"!!!!!!!!!!
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Gainesville, FL

#767693 Oct 10, 2012
On the Tuesday broadcast of the nightly Nevada political program "Ralston Reports," Steve Wynn, CEO of Wynn Resorts sat down with host Jon Ralston to discuss the presidential election.

Wynn, an outspoken critic of President Obama, didn't hold back in his latest criticism of the incumbent president seeking a second term.

"I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back," Wynn said about Obama to Ralston. An excerpt of the interview is below.

WYNN: I've created about 250,000 direct and indirect jobs according to the state of Nevada's measurement. If the number is 250,000, that's exactly 250,000 more than this president, who I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back.

The president is trying to put himself between me and my employees. By class warfare, by deprecating and calling a group that makes money 'billionaires and millionaires who don't pay their share.' I gave 120% of my salary and bonus away last year to charities, as I do most years. I can't stand the idea of being demagogued, that is put down by a president who has never created any jobs and who doesn't even understand how the economy works.

Wynn on a scrapped business plan: "I'm afraid of the president. I have no idea what goofy idea, what crazy, anti-business program this administration will come up. I have no idea. And I have to tell you Jon that every business guy I know in the country is frightened of Barack Obama and the way he thinks."
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Gainesville, FL

#767694 Oct 10, 2012
Print
Comment
Send this page

10 October 2012 - 23H35

Fedex to cut thousands from workforce
A FedEx worker steps out of his delivery truck in 2011 in San Francisco, California. Fedex, the global delivery company, said it was planning to cut "several thousand" people from its workforce via a voluntary departure program beginning early next year.
A FedEx worker steps out of his delivery truck in 2011 in San Francisco, California. Fedex, the global delivery company, said it was planning to cut "several thousand" people from its workforce via a voluntary departure program beginning early next year.

AFP - Fedex, the global delivery company, said Wednesday it was planning to cut "several thousand" people from its workforce via a voluntary departure program beginning early next year.

Company chairman Fred Smith said at an investment conference in Memphis, Tennessee, that the cuts would come in the company's Fedex Express global express delivery service, and in the US unit, Fedex Services.

The cuts are part of a plan to boost profits by $1.7 billion by 2016, mainly through intensified cost reductions.

They also come in the wake of the company's warnings that its business is being hit by the global economic slowdown.

The company gave no specific number on the staff reductions, but emphasized they would be voluntary.

"Our overall strategy is closely tied to effective yield management," Smith said in a statement ahead of the conference.

"The key is striking the right balance between volume growth and yield improvements. With slow economic growth, however, the cost reduction programs... are also essential to achieve our financial goals."
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767695 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
During his second term he's going to get rid of all these guns. It's time for Americans to break their addiction to deadly firearms.
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - MAKING AMERICA A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE!!
Well you remember that when some thug breaks into your home!

Gun control is just another law for criminals to disobey
It boggles my mind to see people call for gun control in the wake of a murder. It is especially ridiculous in places like Chicago, which already have an outright ban on handguns, but still have at least 1 handgun shooting every day, and sometimes over 30 in a weekend. Gun control laws are just like any other law, in that people can choose to obey or disobey. A criminal who disobeys the law against murder, which is arguably the most strictly enforced law in our society, is not going to think twice about ignoring a gun ban law.
Some people will then argue that by banning guns all together, we will somehow keep the guns out of the hands of criminals, preventing them from having the guns at all. This reasoning is faulty. Criminals manage to smuggle in millions upon millions of pounds of illegal drugs, and thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants each year. They can (and do) smuggle in guns right along with the drugs and illegal immigrants. There are also hundreds of millions of guns in the country already. Finally, criminals can and do make guns, since it is not that difficult to make a gun that will work for their purposes. These home made guns (called “zip guns”) may not equal the quality of a fine Springfield 1911 or XD, but they will still kill, as will criminals without guns.

Gun possession charges don’t scare criminals
That same criminal who is willing to face the severe penalties for murder and other felonies is not going to be deterred by a misdemeanor or petty offense gun possession charge. Using Chicago‘s handgun ban as an example, what criminal would be willing to risk life in prison for murder, but is afraid of a misdemeanor gun charge that only carries up to a year in prison? Even laws with harsher penalties for gun possession won’t deter criminals, since the crime they are committing while using the gun (such as murder, rape, robbery, carjacking, etc) will all have higher penalties already.

Law abiding citizens obey gun control laws and are left vulnerable as a result
The people who will obey the gun bans are the law abiding citizens, who wouldn’t commit crimes in the first place. Such people are the students at universities, the shoppers at malls, and the other good people in society who die in “gun free zones“. They obey the gun bans because they believe in laws, and because they don’t want a criminal conviction on their record. The problem is that these are the very people who we would want to have guns, since they could help stop criminals and otherwise protected themselves and the rest of society.
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Gainesville, FL

#767696 Oct 10, 2012
Home » News » Special Reports »
IBD/TIPP Poll

Sponsored by:

IBD/TIPP 2012 Presidential Election
Daily Tracking Poll

Day 2: Oct. 10, 2012

Romney:+5.0

Romney’s lead widened to 5 points from 2 points on Tuesday, as he continues to chip away at key Obama support.
Romney’s edge among independents widened to 20 points from 18 just a day before.
Obama’s lead among women narrowed from 10 points to 8 points.
Romney also continues to make inroads among middle-class voters, moving from a 6-point lead against Obama with this group to a 10-point lead.
The current data include only polls taken after Romney’s resounding debate win over Obama on Oct. 3.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/special-report/5084...
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767698 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is rather sad that she said that considering what Romney actually said.
Maybe Mrs. Doherty is upset because it was the Republicans who voted to cut Embassy security funding.
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Gainesville, FL

#767699 Oct 10, 2012
By Samuel P. Jacobs

WASHINGTON | Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43pm EDT

(Reuters)- In 2008, singer will.i.am provided Barack Obama's presidential campaign with music for its signature anthem, "Yes We Can." On Tuesday, at a rally for Obama in Columbus, Ohio, the performer chose to play something new: the theme song for "Sesame Street."

For Obama's supporters, already dismayed by the president's halting performance in last week's debate with Republican Mitt Romney, that change in tune is a new source for concern as they fret that a children's TV show has become a new backdrop for their candidate's campaign.

In a moment of tightening polls and climbing anxiety for Obama's supporters, the president's decision to grant Big Bird a starring role in his campaign this week has presented another reason to reach for the Alka-Seltzer.

After Romney named Big Bird as part of a promise to pull government funding for public television, Obama's campaign released a caustic new ad mocking Romney for thinking the character was a "big, yellow menace to our economy."

Since the debate, Obama has been piling on, joking about Romney's designs for the TV show at every campaign stop.

Conservatives have been crowing that the silly turn in the campaign diminishes the president.

"President Obama tried to give the bird to Mitt Romney—but wound up laying an egg," the New York Post wrote Wednesday.

Liberals point out that it was Romney who started the Big Bird mess. Still, the tactic may have led to a kind of role reversal for Obama and Romney. Throughout the summer, the Republican was criticized for lurching from one news cycle to the next, introducing attack lines that seemed to detract from his central message that Obama had stunted economic growth.

Now Obama, some Democrats fear, is seeking to revive his campaign with too light a jolt. They worry the president looks small by enlisting the eight-foot costume bird in his defense.

Romney's presidency would endanger more than a television character - if a beloved one - they say, and Obama's "Sesame Street" jabs belittle that peril.

"I'm not sure I understand why he is doing it," said Bill Galston, a former Bill Clinton adviser.

It got worse for the Democrats on Tuesday when the makers of Sesame Street asked them to pull the ad because they did not want Big Bird associated with politics.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767700 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you remember that when some thug breaks into your home!
Gun control is just another law for criminals to disobey
It boggles my mind to see people call for gun control in the wake of a murder. It is especially ridiculous in places like Chicago, which already have an outright ban on handguns, but still have at least 1 handgun shooting every day, and sometimes over 30 in a weekend. Gun control laws are just like any other law, in that people can choose to obey or disobey. A criminal who disobeys the law against murder, which is arguably the most strictly enforced law in our society, is not going to think twice about ignoring a gun ban law.
Some people will then argue that by banning guns all together, we will somehow keep the guns out of the hands of criminals, preventing them from having the guns at all. This reasoning is faulty. Criminals manage to smuggle in millions upon millions of pounds of illegal drugs, and thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants each year. They can (and do) smuggle in guns right along with the drugs and illegal immigrants. There are also hundreds of millions of guns in the country already. Finally, criminals can and do make guns, since it is not that difficult to make a gun that will work for their purposes. These home made guns (called “zip guns”) may not equal the quality of a fine Springfield 1911 or XD, but they will still kill, as will criminals without guns.
Gun possession charges don’t scare criminals
That same criminal who is willing to face the severe penalties for murder and other felonies is not going to be deterred by a misdemeanor or petty offense gun possession charge. Using Chicago‘s handgun ban as an example, what criminal would be willing to risk life in prison for murder, but is afraid of a misdemeanor gun charge that only carries up to a year in prison? Even laws with harsher penalties for gun possession won’t deter criminals, since the crime they are committing while using the gun (such as murder, rape, robbery, carjacking, etc) will all have higher penalties already.
Law abiding citizens obey gun control laws and are left vulnerable as a result
The people who will obey the gun bans are the law abiding citizens, who wouldn’t commit crimes in the first place. Such people are the students at universities, the shoppers at malls, and the other good people in society who die in “gun free zones“. They obey the gun bans because they believe in laws, and because they don’t want a criminal conviction on their record. The problem is that these are the very people who we would want to have guns, since they could help stop criminals and otherwise protected themselves and the rest of society.
In every country where firearms have been banned, gun related crimes have decreased substantially.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#767701 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rmoney's the one who brought up Big Bird in the debates, not President Obama.
That is pathetic. He mentions it once and now the dumb Obama campaign wants to make a campaign out of Big Bird to the embarrassment of many MSM supporters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 71,126
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min RACE 98,856
Chicago Psychic Medium and Spiritualist view of... 13 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 12-22 48 min RACE 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min mdbuilder 49,242
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,888
Amar kashe kisu meya ase.jara enjoy kore.Bt ama... 1 hr Oni 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?